The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Eye LOTR Sightings!

Recently, at the mall, I was walking out of a store with my friend just as a total Legolas twin walked in (he had shorter hair though, and rounded ears.) I kind of walked into those post thingies that detect shoplifted store items because I was so startled... (and then turned around to stalk him for a little while) And then, I was hiking with my family and this short guy walked past who looked like Pippin, (but I didn't walk into anything this time.) So, just wondering if anyone else has "seen" someone from LOTR?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

THere is this dude at school who looks kind of like Hugo weaving. I told him that and he laughed. He hangs out with me and my freinds in the cafatera from time to time now.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

ok, since no one around here wants to be nice i'll talk to you since i'm a nice Ka. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (really. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i mean it).

well, i've had many LOTR sightings but, let's begin with my favorite.

There is a man down the street from my house, and every morning he starts up his 56' chevy pick-up truck. well, every morning the Ka has to walk down that same street at the SAME time this man starts up his pick-up.(sorry if this is sounding too much like a "fairy tale" format but, come on it happens every day.) Any way, it is always very early in the morning (don't ask me what i do when i walk down the street at 5:00 a.m. every morning.) So, as any Scorpio would do as they are very curious, i stopped walking at stood and looked at the man as he walked to his truck. Then by some unknown fource he stopped looked staight at me and stared. Luckley, the moon was out and i saw him i had to double look the first time. What i saw was Boromir- or so i thought. He was around early 40's and had golden/reddish hair (just like boromir) and about 5'11'' (the same height of Sean Bean who plays boromir in the FOTR). Well, we stood there for about 5 minutes just stareing at each other. Then he double shook his head, as if he was seeing things. Then like always he got in his truck, and i walked down the street.

Pretty amuseing then? I really don't know what he thought i was from his memory but, i don't really want to know.

oh! also i see a merry look alike everyday for about 3 hours. Verry funny, gets confused alot, impatient. yup, sounds like a merry. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

ok i'm done. call me an freak know.
Quote:
"where ever i go there's always pooh. There's always pooh and me. Whatever do, he wants to do just pooh and me."
- A.A.Milne
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #4
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There's this guy at my school who looked almost exactly like Dominic Monaghan - every time i see him I can't help but smile like a fool (he's just so darn cute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) I haven't gotten the chance to tell him that he looks like Merry though... he'd probably look at me really crazy like then walk off. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Enorëiel ]

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Well there's this one guy at my school, I never thought of it at first, but he looks alot like Frodo!! Well if he had curly hair. So I suppose it would make more sense to say he looks like Elijah Wood, and it very ironic (not wanting to give away his identity) that part of his last name is Wood!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Now that contains within it great irony. don't you think!?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #6
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm let me think

My brother's friend's brother has the same color hair as Elijah Wood and the same very dark blue eyes.

My Aunt really reminds me of Galadriel. She has the same long blond hair and everything! It's kinda scary.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:34 PM   #7
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

When I moved to central america, there was this guy on the plane sitting a few seats in front of me, who looked strikingly like Billy Boyd. About the same height too...I kept looking over at him and snickering to myself. I've been told I should have run up to him and asked for an autograph..heh..
Old 11-15-2003, 07:15 AM   #8
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The guy at my cinema is a tall version of Gimli.

I'm the spitting image of both Gollum and Eowyn (my appearance has a habit of changing daily...).

A friend of mine looks exactly like Frodo. Her sister is a teensy bit like Sam.
(We used to act out Frodo/Sam/Gollum scenes on the way home from the cinema)

My next door neighbour's cat looks like Eowyn. Exact same eyes.

One of the college lecturers looks like Gandalf. Another one looks like Pippin. And there's a guy who looks exactly like one of the Gondorian extras from TTT.

And I once stood behind David Wenham for five minutes at the supermarket. But sadly it wasn't actually David Wenham, just his identical twin. Exact same nose, slightly shorter hair.

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 11-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #9
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I look like a cave troll until I get my coffee in the morning... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Lyta (looking a bit more hobbitish now!)
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #10
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh my goodness. There is this guy in my Spanish class, and he looks JUST. LIKE. FARAMIR! *swoons* Oh, if only that sneaky acrobatics instructor (who's also in the class) hadn't got to him first! *sigh*
But moving on.
Another guy in that class, my friend Tyson (who incidentally hates LotR... it's a love-hate relationship for us) just came into class last week with a beard and moustache... and now he looks like Aragorn, minus the long dirty hair. He's cute this way. I told him who he resembled, and he took it as an insult, but I explained to him that it was actually a very high compliment. Now he thinks I'm hitting on him. *shrugs* Ah well.... maybe I will.

Lindril (ladies man.. no, the reverse) Arvilya
Old 11-15-2003, 12:57 PM   #11
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

My friend who is in my dance class and my math class looks almost exactly the same as Eowyn! I told her so. I keep trying to get her to do her hair in an Eowyn style, but she hasn't yet.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #12
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I have a friend who can imitate both Gimli and Gollum so well, that he's snuck up behind me in the halls sometimes, and scared the living daylights out of me by saying "The thievesss.... the filthy little thievessss....." right over my shoulder.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #13
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow, I seriously think there could be a LOTR mafia. Stalking all the LOTR freaks... Someone second me on this because my friends think I have gotten even more crazy then usual... Don't you think that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would look exactly like Frodo if he took off the glasses, wiped off the scar and slightly permed his hair?

Oh yeah, my math teacher looks like Gandalf, except for extra tall and with shorter hair. He talks like him too. Like kind of slowly but you can tell he's very wise and has been around for centuries...
Old 11-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #14
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Don't you think that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would look exactly like Frodo if he took off the glasses, wiped off the scar and slightly permed his hair?
Actually, I had approached this idea from the other side. I thought Elijah Wood would play a great grown up Harry, especially after he donned the British accent (although it is obvious that his 'accent' is different from Daniel's.)
Quote:
Oh yeah, my math teacher looks like Gandalf, except for extra tall and with shorter hair. He talks like him too. Like kind of slowly but you can tell he's very wise and has been around for centuries...
You're lucky! My old analytical chemistry teacher (this was, like, 11 years ago, mind!) talked like he had been around for centuries, but no one could understand a word he said! (I don't think it was Elvish, either!)

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:54 PM   #15
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heh. All you lucky people who look like Eowyn. My Grandmother and mother think I look like Arwen. *cringes* It's painful to think about.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #16
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I have a friend who likes like and elf...and that particular elf would be Arwen. Seriously, hide her enoumously curly hair under a black, Middle-earthish cloak and give her pointed ears she looks just like Liv Tyler: her smile, her eyes, her face...even a stranger said she looked like Arwen.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:03 PM   #17
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Sting

Whenever I start say something in Elvish, my friend says I look like Arwen. It's not right. I don't consider myself that way.

Anyways, I was out and about yesterday(strange for me) and I saw the back of some guys head. He had shoulder length dark, dirty hair. He was wearing a baseball hat, but when he turned around, he had the whole beard thing going on. I squeeked, and just stood there staring until he walked away. I think he was a construction worker or something. Typical Alaskan look.

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:31 PM   #18
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

There was this guy I worked with one summer. He looked like Elijah Wood a little, he had the same hair style and blue eyes. Also I went to the Renissance Faire (sorry if it's spelled wrong) and I saw a woman dressed as Legolas, it was actually kind of cool. I said hi to her she was cool. Anyway, also a relitive of mine has elf ears it's so cute. My mom has hobbit hair! Hehee! I love it! And I think that's it.. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:47 AM   #19
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OH MY GOD!

I was at the rugby the other night, (scot V Australia) and i saw this guy who looked like Dominic Monaghan sitting a row infront of me i stared at him for about half an hour.. (missing some of the game) And then i wondered.. what would Dom be doing at the rugby? (he was wearing a scot. Jersey) and then i remembered.. he has a scottish friend.. And then i thought why is he in Aust? and i was goign to go and talk to him and he stood up and walked past me and im like.."nah..." it wasnt him... i could have cried!

But in Sydney a few weeks ago, walking along George Street, and stopping at the lights was a guy who looked like Karl Urban.. .(So i immediatly had heart failure becuase i love Karl Urban)But i lost sight of him, so i still dont know whether it was him or not.. and then i went to he Zoo and i saw Prince Harry, i thought the Prince Harry 'exhibit' was boring so i went to see the lions... whilst still thinking if it was Karl Urban i saw before.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 02:48 AM   #20
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I saw Hirgon, Halbarad, and Haldir roaming our school. Turns out I was having the
"Hallucinate about dead people whose names start with H" day. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->banakil on mumakil

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 07-16-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:42 PM   #21
Elvish Archer
Animated Skeleton

Elvish Archer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boy Scout Camp - I swear one of CIT (counseler in training) was Merry. We even compared a pic of this guy with a pic of the real Merry and they were hard to tell apart
Venture Post - There's a girl in my Venture post that's a dead-ringer for a yound Galadriel. It's SCARY.

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Elvish Archer ]

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
Elvish Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #22
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I look kind of like Arwen, or at least an elf. I have moderately pointed ears, and if I put some of my hair in front of them and leave the rest behind my ears it enhances the effect. One of my classmates can do a perfect Gollum/Smeagol impression.
It's scary, he sounds EXACTLY like them when they're arguing. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #23
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

Yeah, my brother can do that too.

My friend Caleb looks a lot like Merry, exact same hair, nose shape, and eye color too.

And I don't know why, but my other friend Dave reminds me of Eomer.
Don't ask me why, but he does.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:57 PM   #24
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Oh, and i once cled my friend Caleb "Merry", and he said "OH, so I look like a girl named Merry."

I laughed very hard and said "No you look like a hobbit named Merry, who is in fact a BOY hobbit.

He got a little angry after that, but we made up.
After I laughed so hard soda sprayed out of my nose.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:52 PM   #25
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
My Grandmother and mother think I look like Arwen. *cringes* It's painful to think about.
I have been told I look like a cross between Arwen and Legolas.

At Fort Bridger Rendezvous I saw a guy who looked almost exactly like Aragorn, except his hair was lighter. I nearly fell over, which wouldn't have been good as I was going over a bridge at the time, and did not particularly want to be wet. Seriously, the guy could have been Aragorn after being in the sun long enough to bleach his hair a little. And, since it was rendezvous, he was wearing the right sort of clothes.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:28 PM   #26
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

My freind Danny looks like an agent Elrond if he shaves and dies his hare a darker color. Just now I mentioned this thing and he just came out with, "Mr. Baggins." with a straight face and all.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:17 PM   #27
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
My Physics 101 professor is Butterbur's descendant(probably a third cousin, 78 times removed... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Anywhen...he was capable of endless talk, and he was very rotund, though not bald. But still...he does look like the inkeeper of the Prancing Pony...

->Elenrod
Old 11-19-2003, 10:18 PM   #28
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

..Is he as stupid?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 11-19-2003, 10:46 PM   #29
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Wow, that's polite.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:49 PM   #30
StarJewel
Wight

Location: I'm in my dear Maedhros' arms, dreaming the day away. Oh, who am I kidding, Chicago is nothing like that!
StarJewel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to StarJewel
Silmaril

I sympathize with you, Nilpaurion. My Honors Chemistry teacher last year was like that. He was rotund, balding, and oh baby did he have the stupid part down. Messed up my grade more times than I can count. Anyway, he wasn't a descendant of Butterbur, he was Butterbur!
Old 11-19-2003, 11:32 PM   #31
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

He was real smart...but he was too talkative. He took the entire two hours of our period just discussing vectors. He was telling us things we never thought to ask, like why a negative scalar value is acceptable...

Can you believe that guy? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

->Elenrod
Old 11-20-2003, 12:06 AM   #32
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

i wasnt trying to be mean. I was just saying, Butterbur is described as stupid...

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 11-20-2003, 12:35 AM   #33
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Maybe not necessarily stupid, but Barliman was exceptionally slow if you get my meaning. *nods significantly*

Hmmm...I wish that I knew of people who looked like people from LotR...my brother saw some person on the street who looked like Orlando Bloom, does that count?

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:42 PM   #34
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Imladris- I have seen Orlando Bloom so many times it isn't even funny. But I think I was hallucinating for half the time- in the the other half they really DID look like OB, causing me to follow them around for a little while... (yes, I support stalkerism, life would be so boring without it) And I don't see whats so wrong with looking like Arwen (whoever said it, I'm too lazy to go back and check) I dressed up as her for half of halloween (when I couldn't stand my fairy wings anymore- just took them off and braided the sides of my hair) I don't think I pulled it off though.

Who is karl Urban...? I've heard his name but I'm having a brain fart at the moment. He's either Eomer or Theodred... right?
Old 11-20-2003, 02:44 PM   #35
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I remembered- definitely Eomer because Theodred dies. Sorry about that.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:18 PM   #36
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

There's a kid at my school who is a carbon copy of Elijah Wood, I swear. Everyone calls him "the Frodo kid". And at another school near me, there's an Orlando look-alike.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-20-2003, 04:30 PM   #37
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Wow Sapphire_Flame wish I went to your school. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Actually, theres this kid who just moved into my school...he's no carbon copy of our favourite little ring-bearing hobbit, but something about him just makes me think of Elijah Wood.
No one else seems to notice, I think it's just me and I'm crazy, but I swear he has the same nose and eye shape(though not the same colour) And he has "hockey hair" if you don't know what that means you're lucky(lousiy canadian guys and there overly long hair) Anyways, it looks like the Frodo wig only lighter.
I think I am going nuts...maybe this kid just has what I like to call an "elvish" face, like Frodo...
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:36 AM   #38
Shire Flower
Pile O'Bones

Shire Flower has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I’ve never seen a person who looked almost identical to one of the LOTR actors or actresses. (Once I saw a guy wearing a brown pointed “wizard style” hat though... He looked like he belonged in Middle Earth, smoking a pipe with Gandalf in some idyllic countryside.... Perhaps a Radagast the Brown lookalike?) However, my dad looks ALMOST IDENTICAL to Denethor in a painting called “Denethor Meets a Halfling” by Douglas Beekman. It’s so weird... it’s like the painter was using my dad as a model.
Shire Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:10 AM   #39
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

Two days ago, I was at one of the last Symphony rehearsals. I saw one of the late violinists run in, and I only saw the side of face. His hair was dyed blond at the tips, and for a while it seemed that he had pointy ears. I gasped (really, and squeeked at the same time). Then he sat down in front of me, to my disapointment, and he had normal ears again.

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:56 AM   #40
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

One of my friend looks exactly like Elijah Wood. It's so scary!!!! Of course, I tell her that all the time, so she's really sick of it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Another one of my friends would look like Aragorn if he grew his hair out and started growing a goatee. It's rather scary. He's got the exact-same coloring as Aragorn in the movie.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote