Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #241
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok, post is up and its time to fight. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

EDIT: Maika-check your pm's.

<--------- Look! I'm shade of carn dum! hmmm... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:38 PM January 19, 2004: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]</font>

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:45 PM January 19, 2004: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]
Old 01-20-2004, 06:43 PM   #242
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Howdy, all! I'm here, as Maika so asked of me! And here's the bio again (some slight changes may be made a little later):

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – Yes. Wolf Run, Search for the Lost Messenger, Quest for the Ainereg, Truth in a Dark Place, Dark Seduction, Corsairs and Corsets, Brotherhood, Resistance

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? - 1

List them, please:

Brotherhood

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – Yes, the Green Dragon Inn.

For your character please include:

NAME: Adeline Montrés

RACE: Gondorian, of Minas Tirith

WEAPONS: Table dagger, and her stubbornness.

APPEARANCE: Adeline is of normal height and build, with shoulder-length, thick dark hair, brown eyes, and thin lips. She is quite pretty, though she definitely does not see herself that way. Her milky white skin and darkness of other coloring gives her an exotic beauty.

In her choice of dress, Adeline will always choose red first, her favorite color, usually bedecked with white patterns. Red and silver is her choice in jewelry. Besides red, she stays with dark colors, dark blues, greens, purples, and black. The only light color she likes is white, and it is usually found somewhere in her dresses. Light colors on the darker make for nice patterns and such, though she does not like much décor, or she feels it is overdone. Plain, unadorned dresses of a rich and lavish style are what she desires. She detests frills and low necklines, as she feels straight cuts and high collars give her a stately image. Occasionally, though, an oval cut out below the high neckline makes up for the lack of a low cut one.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: An inborn stubbornness overcomes any other characteristic, and though it impedes her very often, it is the only thing that gives her spirit. The stubbornness overwhelms the self-consciousness, and does a great deal of good. She is able to assert herself, regardless of what she thinks of herself. Still, as she has lived all her life with a good deal of money, she is a bit selfish, and is all too used to an easy, city life (not that all city life is easy). Her father loves her dearly, and she can usually get anything she likes from him. It has developed her into a very materialistic person, and a very 'grabbing' person. She loves to have lots of expensive and inexpensive things, though, truly, she is not all that reluctant to give a few things away. She does not get along well with her mother, who wishes to marry her off. Adeline has always had a great interest in many men, but especially in Devon. Unfortunately, many other young women hold that interest too, and Devon doesn't seem to return any interest (he doesn't seem to with any, though, which heartens Adeline). Consequently, Adeline's mother wishes her to marry Calnan, whom she met through Devon. She and Devon have been friends for a good number of years, though Devon has always treated her as a sort of younger sister, and one that needed watching out for. Calnan has also been a friend for years, and he too treats her in this way. Her age, in comparison with her friends, is another thing that annoys her.

Though she was never educated as much as her brother, Adeline has a sharp mind, if not one filled with knowledge. She is cunning, even if she lacks a bit of common sense. She is able to read and write, and is very interested in many of the romantic tales of old. She is embarrassed by this, as well as by her daydreaming. Her imagination seems to have grown because of her lack of knowledge. When she is not daydreaming, Adeline can sometimes come across as haughty. Really, it is because of her lack of self-confidence that causes this. At times, Adeline will feel the need to glow with pompous arrogance, reacting indignantly to the smallest infraction upon her 'rules,' and staring down at those below her, equal to, and even above her. Most people survive these moods fairly easily, especially those who are accustomed to them.

Thought it may be surprising for many people to find, Adeline is extremely patriotic, strongly supportive, if not loudly, of Gondor, and its rise in power. She has listened to the Gondor extremist with interest, never truly considering joining that party, but interested all the same. Much of it might have to do with living in Umbar most of her life, a conquered region of Gondor. She knows of the Umbar extremists, and loathes them, as she grew up hearing the horror stories surrounding them.

HISTORY: Born in Minas Tirith to a very successful merchant, a rich, upper class household. She spent her early childhood there (living there till she was 6), and then moved to another large city, to another luxurious household: Umbar. Her father wished to expand his trade to new boundaries, and, though she was quite unhappy about it at the time of their move, Adeline is now very glad her father did so. There she met Devon, and later Calnan.

Adeline was raised to be nothing but a good wife to a rich man, and knows this. Her own ambitions make her father's career appealing, as well as her friends'. Whether debating diplomacy or haggling a sale, it is very interesting to Adeline. Unfortunately, she is also beginning to find the twists and turns, the webs, the backstabbing, the frauds -- all of these awful dealings of politics. In her tales of romance, the sad stories or stories with problems are becoming more interesting than the 'happily ever after' ones. All of these things, and so many more, make her uncertain of what she wants out of life, what she wants to do with her life, adding even more to her self-consciousness and lack of confidence.

Her father is Nicean Montrés, a well-to-do native of Minas Tirith and the son of a merchant who aspired to his father's career. Nicean is far more successful than his father was, though he did have much more to begin off of. He married Farinthaeil when he was thirty-four and already successful, and she twenty-two. After building a strong financial foundation beneath him, Nicean looked to new horizons, and saw a newly conquered Umbar as the newest. Farinthaeil would go wherever her husband wished, clinging to the man in a mix of love and greed. Coming from a farmer's family, of which she is ashamed, she did her best to rise up in society, and has accomplished many of her goals, the greatest one being riches. She has always despised the life of a pauper, and has tried to bestow that disposition upon her children. To a certain extent, she has been successful in that, too. Her brother, Calithai, was raised as an educated man, but turned away from his parent's hopes to begin the life of a soldier at age 17, four years ago. His name is hardly spoken in her household anymore, and it has been quite a while since she has seen him. She misses her brother, but almost hates him with jealousy. He has gotten away from their dreadful parents, and has pursued his dreams of being a soldier. In the past four years, she has received five letters from him, each containing news of a promotion. Startlingly, he has made his way in this career, and much to his parent's dismay. Unfortunately, Adeline has no dreams and hopes matching those her brother did, and also lacks the ambition. Plus, there is no reason to abandon luxury just yet.

And don't worry! I promise my version of Adeline will be a lot more likeable than she seems, I will make sure!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:16 PM January 21, 2004: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #243
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Looks good, Durelin - hey, don't make her too different though! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #244
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

The previous Adeline wasn't really developed that much anyways though (which is too bad, Brinniel is such a fantastic writer) so a big change won't really be a change.

Anyways, yes, Durelin will be playing Adeline now and I have fencing now, but I'll check up more later tonight or tomorrow.

Ta,
Maikafanawen
Old 01-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #245
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Good post Earendil. I finally read it.

Here's some stuff

Quote:
Doran's Ships:

(I have no idea what the ships in those days were like. Most likely they were more often rowed than sailed. It would be much easier to go with what I've listed below. I have replaced the guns per ship to deck catapults. It seems reasonable pour moi).

8 Lesser Ships (somewhat like brigantines) and 2 Large Ships (somewhat like frigates, one of which will be The Rapscallion, Doran's trusty ship)

The Lesser Ships are mostly all 100 ton, 60 foot vessels carrying up to 85 souls mounting 10 catapults. The two-mast ships are rigged with many combinations of square or fore and aft sails which make them quite versatile, more so than the larger, bulkier ships. This was the clear choice for battle or combat rather than quick, hit and run type warfare. The bows of these eight ships are inlaid selectively with iron to use as battering/crushing purposes for smaller ships or as a last, suicide result for overrun pirates.
- Pora Diy - Captain Delf Pora
- Regal Dawn - Captain Troy Feray
- Might of Realge - Captain Orna Drovig
- Adorra's Pride - back up ship (or whatever we decide)
- River Tread - back up ship - Captained by Honrei Kamir
- Squall Rider - back up ship - Captained by Orna Drovig
- Laak's Command - Captain Ignestka Laak
- Majestic Dusk - Captain Pilf Feray

The two Large Ships weigh 300 tons and measure in at 90 feet. These ships carry close to 140 men for a crew to man the three masts of sails and the 26 catapults. The Large Ships are the largest and most intimidating of ships. They have very thick and sturdy hulls that are nearly impossible to permeate with the scalding shards, rocks, and splinters launched from opposing ships' catapults.
- The Rapscallion - Captain Jythralo Doran (Squadron Leader)
- The Yonder Bound - Captain Yash Stalkin
*Inhales deeply* I can almost smell the ocean!

That's probably because I'm a 10 minute drive therefrom though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ta!
Maikafanawen

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:54 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 01-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #246
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

I am assuming that Jurex, Acacia, and Hessa will all be on the Rapscallion?

---- Yes! I finally got my PT! ---

Himaran
Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 PM   #247
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

Maika, sorry I didn't get a stable-post up. Class just started and before that I was moving back to school, so it's been a little crazy. But things are getting back into rhythm and I'm ready for some action! I assume the next post on the Gondor side will involve the meeting at the Snifter and Song, right? I suppose you'll handle that because of both Avershire and Devon. I'll just keep checking back in, and don't worry - I'm still on board. *thumbs up* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 08:42 PM   #248
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Maika - check your PMs!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I was wondering: how much do Callath and Calnan know Adeline? Sorr,y I just need a teensy bit to go on, and I especially need to figure out how to bring Adeline into the story.

And Himaran - Finally? I think I've been waiting a little long than you, and I'm still waiting! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Of course, I didn't even really know about them for the longest time. (that's about how observant I am.) Congratulations!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:43 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 01-25-2004, 06:59 PM   #249
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Quote:
I am assuming that Jurex, Acacia, and Hessa will all be on the Rapscallion?
I suppose. Unless you have a different idea or preference...

Durelin: OK, now check your PMs! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol

Sorry I couldn't get to doing anything this weekend! Ugh, my next post will jump over everything and take us right to the ocean. I am so sorry you guys but I've been so busy working off my punishment *groans* lol

Sorry again!
-Maikafanawen
Old 01-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #250
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

No apologies needed, m'dear. You poor thing! I'm just so glad you're still with us.

And welcome aboard, Durelin! Re Adeline, she knows Calnan fairly well, as a friend of Devon's. He's mentioned in the original character description - I think her mother's trying to get her hooked up with him? Something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific; you might want to check her earliest couple of posts where there's the most interaction.

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 01-26-2004, 03:57 PM   #251
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Nurunar - That's right! I forgot...She does know Calnan. But Callath...? Not sure. What do you say, O Mighty Game Owner Maika?

And I now know how to start with Adeline. Somehow I missed the fact that she's captured... I told you, I'm just supernaturally observant.

Anyways, I want to warn you, Maika, that I might be gone for a week, maybe two, because we're planning to switch internet providers. (We're getting cable!! No more dial up! YAY!!) Hopefully I'll be able to let you know when I have a more exact time frame, but...I really haven't a clue. My dad's in charge of this operation (God help us...)

-Durelin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 08:07 PM   #252
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I am going crazy but after tomorrow I should be tres bien and it'll be okay. But if anyone wants to post, you know go right ahead and I'll fight bloodily for the computer tomorrow and get it thursday.

SOOOO Sorry guys.

Durelin: Don't worry about it and check your Pms and we'll take care of Adeline during your absence.

Sorry again,
Maikafanawen [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Some game owner I am, lol

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:13 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 01-29-2004, 06:26 PM   #253
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Thanks Maika!

Okay, I have a date: February 3rd, this coming Tuesday, I will lose my old internet. I expect that I will get back online, with cable now, soon after. Perhaps I will be without internet for a few days, as I believe we are signing up long before we lose internet. So, I should only be waiting a few days to get it all working...should, as we'll have the software by then. We should. But, if I disappear for a week or so after the 3rd, that is why, and I am very sorry!

Thanks again!

-Durelin
Old 01-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #254
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

All right I've got a post up. It was sort of rushed but I mentioned everyting. Master Pearlle is going to be the navigationalist obviously but just to clear that up since I didn't in the post. Any questions, please ask. But I've got to go.

Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 01-30-2004, 12:43 PM   #255
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Callath knows Adeline through Devon mainly (unless she maybe has a horse in livery at the stables - your call), but he is friends with her of his own accord as well. Read some of Callath's first posts - one of Callath's from when they are returning from the Snifter and Song, on the first page I think; there is some interaction between them there that shows how well they know each other, to some extent.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:48 AM   #256
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Let's get moving! No one has posted in either thread for two days!

The corsairs say: "Cut the formalities; find your captain and hit the high seas!"

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Himaran [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #257
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

And the amused Gondorian answers: Patience is a virtue. We're waiting for our fearless leader to make known to us what the plan is.

Maika?

If no one post by tomorrow, then I'll get us underway.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #258
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I'm here and not going to waste time with apologies or explanations. It is time to MOVE! I just wanted to post this little thing first before I started pulling out the outline and figuring out where to go next. I am so fbehind. Anyways-- thanks to those who are still here.

And, Earendil, you might want to get Doran on the move. Email me, or PM me, or IM me or Call me with questions. *yawns*

-A Rain Soaked Kelly

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:22 PM February 06, 2004: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 02-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #259
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Maikafanawen:

Check your pms.

Himaran
Old 02-08-2004, 04:09 PM   #260
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

ok, new post is up. Doran's raiding coastal villages while waiting for Devon to show up. Acacia, Jurex, and Hessa-you guys can be whatever ship you choose and can participate in the raiding until the opposition shows.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #261
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Jurex will be on the Rapscallion.

Himaran
Old 02-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #262
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ANNOUNCEMENT

Note to All Players

The move to the new board restored all your signatures to previous game posts.

Don’t bother fixing them!

Just remove signatures from the new posts you place on the game.

~*~ Pio, Shire Mod
Old 02-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #263
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Acacia will also be on the Rapscallion.

Maika, I realise I should have told you this in advance but, I will be absent from Saturday 14th until Friday 20th due to the fact I will be snowboarding in Austria. And so will not have computer access. Sorry about that......
Old 02-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #264
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Wow... the forum ... it's very ... new!

Yes, anyways, I'm going to re-get this stuff up here for reference and to allow us to move on. *big smile* This is gonna be super duper.

Quote:
Doran's Ships:

(I have no idea what the ships in those days were like. Most likely they were more often rowed than sailed. It would be much easier to go with what I've listed below. I have replaced the guns per ship to deck catapults. It seems reasonable pour moi).

8 Lesser Ships (somewhat like brigantines) and 2 Large Ships (somewhat like frigates, one of which will be The Rapscallion, Doran's trusty ship)

The Lesser Ships are mostly all 100 ton, 60 foot vessels carrying up to 85 souls mounting 10 catapults. The two-mast ships are rigged with many combinations of square or fore and aft sails which make them quite versatile, more so than the larger, bulkier ships. This was the clear choice for battle or combat rather than quick, hit and run type warfare. The bows of these eight ships are inlaid selectively with iron to use as battering/crushing purposes for smaller ships or as a last, suicide result for overrun pirates.
  • Pora Diy - Captain Delf Pora
  • Regal Dawn - Captain Troy Feray
  • Might of Realge - Captain Orna Drovig
  • Adorra's Pride -
  • River Tread - Captained by Honrei Kamir
  • Squall Rider - Captained ultimately by Orna Drovig
  • Laak's Command - Captain Ignestka Laak
  • Majestic Dusk - Captain Pilf Feray

The two Large Ships weigh 300 tons and measure in at 90 feet. These ships carry close to 140 men for a crew to man the three masts of sails and the 26 catapults. The Large Ships are the largest and most intimidating of ships. They have very thick and sturdy hulls that are nearly impossible to permeate with the scalding shards, rocks, and splinters launched from opposing ships' catapults.
  • The Rapscallion - Captain Jythralo Doran (Squadron Leader)
  • The Yonder Bound - Captain Yash Stalkin
And the Outline:

Oh, and I also want to appologize to Doran & Co. for the fact that Avershire wins most of the time (even if he does get slammed a lot in the process) but if he didn't, we wouldn't have much of a game you see... Anyways, you'll have it in the end until the Gondorian Fleet arrives. We'll make it work...

Quote:
- The first attack is quick and sharp. Avershire will maneuver The North Wind quickly and come right up along one of Doran's unsuspecting Lesser Ships, (the Pora Diy). The North Wind's port-side catapults will do great damage. It will become necessary to board Pora Diy. Though Avershire's years at sea and obedience to the codes of sea warfare and crewmanship are still true in him, he finds that the corsairs do not follow such things of Gondor and it will be necessary for him to lock them in their own ship as Pora Diy is burned and sinks. This sets Avershire in a grim mood for the next few weeks.
- Repairs are done to The North Wind which is now hanging together as if by threads.

- The next battle, Avershire takes on two Lesser Ships at the same time. Most of Avershire's crew boards the Regal Dawn to escape their ship (which is sort of attached to the Regal Dawn by grapnels) as the Might of Realge sinks The North Wind. The grapnels are cut just in time and the Regal Dawn rights herself. The majority of Avershire's crew takes over the Regal Dawn and sends it after the Might of Realge to rescue the other members of Avershire's crew (who are overtaken by the corsairs of that ship). It is a hard fight, but the Regal Dawn eventually wins and the crewmembers who have survived the battles board her (both corsairs and Avershire's men).

(A life boat is launched at the last moment from the Might of Realge and speeds away without the know of Avershire to warn the Yonder Bound of the Regal Dawn's fate)

- Avershire takes a role call and finds that he now only has 30 souls to man an 85 crew ship. So he forces some of his corsair prisoners to join in the working of the sails and things of the sort while his men stand as guards or overseers.
That will do for now. It would be too much to put everything up at once, you see.

Feel free to voice any questions, comments, concerns, or improving ideas!

-Maikafanawen
Old 02-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #265
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'm back, and rearing to go!
Old 02-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #266
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

If Nuranar or Arvedui, either of you want to post before we set loose the first wittle battle, try to by tomorrow [friday]. By then I'll just post a SAVE and move on.

-Maikafanawen
Old 02-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #267
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

I will post later today...I had my first computer science test yesterday. (We need a gagging smiley...is there such a thing?) Not that I studied that much, but my conscience kept me from doing anything else productive. Carry on!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #268
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll try to get something up too before I drop dead of math-test-fatigue.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #269
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up Post duly posted and a notice for Earendil

Alrighty, I've got it up. It's not much; that is, it doesn't say much but uses a fair number of words. Oh well; at least I've asserted my continued presence on this - thing. I intended to post in the afternoon, before I left town. But we're facing the possibility of some "wintery weather" - sleet, ice, freezing rain, snow, etc - everything that Texas drivers do not know how to deal with. So we left earlier than expected to beat the storm and I'm posting from my roommate's home in San Antonio.

By the way, Earendil, I just noticed this:
Quote:
The sound of the sails in flapping in the breeze was comforting to Doran. There's nothing like the sound of the wind and the surf in the morning, he thought.
For some reason, the word "napalm" came to mind when I saw that. Is there any reason, or have I really gone off my rocker?
Old 02-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #270
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield Post up as ordered

Got it up. *heaves sigh* Algebra should die.

Quote:
For some reason, the word "napalm" came to mind when I saw that.
Heheh, yeah. I can see a little bit of a 'Nam vet in Doran. Or maybe I'm just crazy too.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:57 PM   #271
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

I just think you guys must be crazy because I have no clue what your talking about with napalm. I don't know what you guys are smokin' (sorry, I just had to say that so I could use the new smiley!)
Old 02-17-2004, 06:03 PM   #272
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

New post is UP. So let's get ready for battle!!!

Earendil... *shakes head* haven't you ever seen Apocalypse Now? What kind of an American are you?

OH, Licorice root is for the queasy stomach and I'll post what all the watches means an who's on 'em and stuff. So ta! But it's about 1:30 in the morning (3 bells after midwatch) right now. Okay lata!

-Maikafanawen
Old 02-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #273
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

So is the Pora Diy all by itself when Avershire attacks it because if it ain't then reinforcements will come up and defeat Avershire. So, since Avershire is supposed to win, then the only way would be to have the Pora Diy be all by its lonesome when its attacked. And why are my men going to be locked in the ship and then burned? Avershire sure is askin' for it!

Nuranar, is that Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice under your name?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:25 PM   #274
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Yes the Pora Diy is by itself. All ten ships are separated, raiding coastal towns etc. stuff like that.

And a new post is up, just in case ya'll forgot...

-Maikafanawen
Old 02-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #275
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

I'll be out of town, from midday Friday to later on Sunday. I'm sorry for the short notice - please don't kill Calnan in the meantime. Maika, I saw the new post but didn't want to be the one to set up the battle - is that all right?

Earendil - Yes, Elizabeth Bennett is my new avatar. I have yet to figure out how to scale down pixels. (I don't think I have the software; I'd have to go to the labs, which means transferring my files, which is too big of a pain. Yes, I am lazy. ) But I think I like having Lizzie there anyway.

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 02-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #276
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Just so I can talk like Maika:

So, you dare to burn our comrades alive, eh! Well, in that case -

"Ahem. After the battle, it will become necessary from Jurex to stICK HIS KNIFE IN AVERSHIRE'S BLOODY NECK!!!!!"

Last edited by Himaran; 02-20-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #277
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A number of Gamers have had problems with their PM’s filling up. Here is the reason:

For everyone’s information about PM’s

The new PM system has 3 folders in it:
  • Inbox
  • Save A Copy (Sent Messages are saved in this folder)
  • Request Read Receipt (Tracks Your Messages and Replies)

You are only allowed a total of 10 messages in the 3 folders. (Not 10 in each folder, but 10 PM’s for all 3 folders)

So, you can have ‘0’ messages showing in your Inbox, but have ‘5’ in your Sent Messages and ‘5’ in your Tracked Messages.

One of the big problems with PM’s filling up is that when you send a PM or reply to one, you need to look at those little OPTIONS below the box where you are writing the message.

You need to uncheck the last 2 OPTIONS – unless you absolutely want to use them. If you don’t uncheck them, then when you press SEND, a copy of the PM will be put in the SENT folder and another will be put in the TRACK MESSAGE folder. That’s how the PM total adds up, even though you think you are only dealing with one message.

It’s like rabbits – they multiply like crazy!
Old 02-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #278
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Will do, Pio.

Maika, is any particular way you want the battle to be set up, save what's on the outline? Elsewise, I'm of a mind to post something.

And Himaran, if you stick your knife into Avershire's neck- and I fully understand, despicable navy type that he is- then, Telson will be obliged to stick my swords into Jurex's. You don't want that, do you?

EDIT: Hullo?...Somebody?...Anybody? Am I all alone?!? I'll just post something then...right.

Last edited by Arvedui III; 02-22-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #279
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

I've never had this much schoolwork in my life! I hate it!

Anyways, Arvedui, I'm here. Glad to see a post!

Quote:
come right up along one of Doran's unsuspecting Lesser Ships, (the Pora Diy). The North Wind's port-side catapults will do great damage. It will become necessary to board Pora Diy.
Let's just execute this part of the plot now. I was hoping for there to be more posts.... oh well we're moving on.

-Maikafanawen

PS Let's see some more noise from Doran and his group! Acacia, Jurex? Hessa?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:56 PM   #280
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Here's some stuff:

Secondary Characters:
Frenchy - Second Mate. age 40+ Lean, tall man with a rather sinewy frame. Has short red hair and a beard; dark brown eyes. Is quiet mostly but is almost as ship savvy as Avershire.

Talon - Third (and last *wink*) Mate old and balding but fiery and rude sometimes. probably the most superstitious, believes in the silliest of magics.

Marx - age 38 one of the more important among the crew. A dark haired, dark skinned, bright green eyed man. Very tall, and buff. Popular among the crew for his bravery and strength. V loyal to Avershire.

Portie - age 80+ in charge of repairs as far as sails, rebraiding of stays/lines etc., the weaving of ladders, expert in all sea knots, and even mends the clothes of sailors. An old, thin man about 5' high with a lens to help him sew by that hangs around his neck on a cord.

Sedal - age 34 Ship surgeon. soft brown hair, a long nose, handsome features, and relatively light skin. he looks intelligent and wears lenses framed, resting on his nose to help with his work
Orda - age 13 is Sedal's assitant

Random:
Rilgari - shy, flaxen-haired boy of about 18 or 19.
Yulman - age unknown, looks anywhere between 40 & 70 loud boisterous sailor, who gets drunk most of the time, has the stamina of any sailor
Borger - poetic man of about 25 who has a good singing voice, is disliked by none
Packs - a theological man, smart, but somewhat sickly
Blake - the helmsman

...more to be added...

And by the way, great post Arvedui, I read it before I put mine up (obviously). I played against Telson's assuritiveness with Meri because that's her character, but I thought you did a perfect job! Love it! I added in the name of the second mate along with some emotions I wanted Avershire and Meri to ground as well.

Anyone else feel free to add the names of some random sailors to help with your character's posts or whatever you want I've got a few up there that I used. Feel free to use them if you like. I wrote a sentence fragment or two to describe them.

And .... if Arien, Himaran, Earendil, or GaladrielOTOlden want to, feel free to take on secondary characters on the Pora Diy or any other corsair ship if you get bored with whatever activity you've got your main character doing with Doran. These will be good to be killed off if you want to do that or maybe one of your secondary characters could be taken by Avershire and made to work the Regal Dawn when it is acquired. Whatever you want to do to keep the RPG fun!

I know some of you are out of town, like three or four people I think. Just read over what's happened (which probably isn't much) and post as soon as you get back.

For those of you aboard the North Wind that remain, you can either board the Pora Diy to fight, stay aboard the North Wind to fight. Wrestle a catapult free to fire at the last standing mast or whatever you want! Let's just get going!

All right that's all from me for tonight. Any questions, comments, concerns, ideas? Glad to hear 'em!

Ta! Maikafanawen

Last edited by maikafanawen; 02-24-2004 at 06:09 PM.