The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #1721
hobbitswordmaiden

White Tree

you know when your obsessed when you know exactly how many times sam says mr.frodo throughout the entire trilogy.

when everyone in your family leaves the room when they see anything lotr related because they are tired of hearing about the lord of the rings.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #1722
AngalotWen

You know you're obsessed when:

1. You say mellon every time you walk through a door
2. You're going to name your children after lotr-characters
3. You're going to move to middle earth
4. You have a round door.
5. You get surprised when you put on a ring and don't get invisible
Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #1723
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I always thought of doing that. It would be cool to have a ME name. Though I wouldn't try to make it too obvious cause that would just make the poor kid a target for bullying.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:16 AM   #1724
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Why does this remind me of my life? Its bad when the only way I will go to sleep is if I have Merry and Pippin singing about the green dragon. I don't remember how long ago it was but my family told me that I had said, "Oh Samwise you know Frodo isn't dead," in my sleep. To think I had just finished TTT that night too. LOTR runs my life. I don't go into the woods without double checking myself. Wouldn't want to be caught with an axe or something. I named my cat Gandalf only because I couldn't name it Precious. Why couldn't it have been a female. Oh well no one likes it because I call it Mithrandir all the time. Seriously I hate it when they can't pronounce the name but I can. Darn language barriers! Gotta love Tolkien.

I sleep, eat, and breath LOTR.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #1725
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
This summer for five weeks I am attending a governor's school. My mother would not allow me to bring ANY of my Tolkien books. After we got everything packed the night before I was supposed to leave, I waited for her to go to bed and then smuggled all 13 of them into my suitcases. I just couldn't bear to be away from my books for 5 weeks straight! So now, they have a nice spot by my desk where they can be hidden quickly when my parents come to visit on parents weekend.

Additionally, since we are not allowed to have TVs or VCRs, I smuggled my portable DVD player in without the admins knowing, complete with the extended edition of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:01 PM   #1726
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Obsessed? I'm not obssessed, I'm freaked out! I haven't been able to find my copy of The Two Towers for two wekks now! Huh, surprisingly apt. But anyway I've looked everywhere and it won't turn up. Problem is I was halfway through it and now I'm having to phone my friend to read a chapter to me every night just so I can remember what happened next because I haven't read TTT for a few months. Why did I ever let myself get hooked on the films, I thought they could compare but losing the book is like losing a limb! I find myself reaching for it when its not there! Ok, maybe a leeeetle obssessed.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #1727
Iaurhirwen
Wight

At my same program - we had to to a project and part of the project was to list who you're idol/hero is. Mine, of course was the great Professor Tolkien. I LOVE THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Old 06-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #1728
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Quote:
Obsessed? I'm not obssessed, I'm freaked out! I haven't been able to find my copy of The Two Towers for two wekks now! Huh, surprisingly apt.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!! I've been missing disc 2 of TTT EE for about a month now. I tore the house apart looking for it and I can't find it . I think there is a TTT thief out there somewhere waiting to steal your beloved TTT when you least expect it.So let this be a warning to everyone else, whether it be in book or movie form, TTT is not safe!!

Look out for the TTT Thief!!
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:42 PM   #1729
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'm developing a line of clothing inspired by ME for everyday wear. Does that count?
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #1730
Fingolfin II
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fingolfin II has just left Hobbiton.
You know you're obssessed when....

- you do better in a test than the 'favourite' of the teacher and say, 'Do you wish then that our places had been exchanged- that I had failed and he had passed?'

- you see a parakeet in a store and become overwhelm with desire to call it Feanor (weird, I know, don't ask me why).
Old 06-30-2004, 07:22 PM   #1731
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
TTT thief...interesting theory. But for me it was the TTT mangler, in the form of my younger sister...I recently gave it a new duct tape cover, and put the pages that fell out in their proper places.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:43 AM   #1732
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
wala lang

ya know it if ur dad says:
HEY! PUT THAT BOOK DOWN THIS INSTANT OR I'LL CUT OFF YOUR ALLOWANCE
then you'll put it down
then you lock your door
then you say ur reviewing for a chem/trigo quiz
then you'll read the book again.
or: instead of book, the DVDs.

oh. also in history, if you write CATHERINE OF ARAGORN.
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #1733
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
when you wonder how long it will take you to walk to your neighboring town and if your rations will hold.

Quote:
Never above you, never below you, always beside you
Dominic Monaghan
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:39 AM   #1734
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaurhirwen
At my same program - we had to to a project and part of the project was to list who you're idol/hero is. Mine, of course was the great Professor Tolkien. I LOVE THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!
It was the same for me, but it was a favorite person thing and it was in french. We had to do an oral presentation and when I unrold my poster for the project everyone in my class got a look on there face like "I should of known". It was great.

Yeah Arariel, a ME clothes line, that would be the greatest.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:05 PM   #1735
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Silmaril doms on a tv show cool

when your dad so used to hearing nazgul screeches coming from your room around three in the morning comes upstair and says if he hears one more nazgul hes going to throw my ps2 into mt.doom. when you see dom on a commercial for a new tv show you jump and yell look merrys on tv !
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #1736
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sandro has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you make up music to songs from the books because it's a 3-hour car ride to El Paso.

When you come up with an idea for a Clear-Eye commercial involving Mordor. And then consider selling it.

"Pan from bottom of Barad-Dur to Sauron. Ben Stein is on one spire.

Ben: 'For red eye, use Clear-Eye.'

Ben drops a bit of Clear-Eye on Sauron. Barad-Dur collapses and Sauron dissapears. Dust clears to show Ben in a pile of rubble, glasses askew

Ben: 'Wow.'"
Old 08-09-2004, 01:35 PM   #1737
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
how about and orbit commercial

"gives you that nice clean feeling"
Aragorn fighting lots of folk
Smiles *ting*
"Fabulous"
Old 08-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #1738
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Actually, I think Aragorn has acute Hydrophobia (he finally takes a bath after the Pellenor). Legolas would be better. Or any elf, for that matter.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:01 PM   #1739
airetari

airetari has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien im so ashamed...

the day i got my rotk dvd i watched it immediately after i got home, acting everything out and reciting the lines. when it got to the part where eowyn fights the witch king i took my cheesy fake wannabe eowyn sword and said" I am no man! AAAAA!" and stabbed my sword right thru the wall. my parents got pretty mad at me but i just laughed. im destroying my house for the sake of lotr... how sad.

other things ive been known to do-
-when you eat lunch you call it your "second breakfast" (pronounced w/ a scottish accent) or you purposely make a second breakfast so you can call it such.
-you pass notes to kids in class in elvish and then when they ask you what the heck you're doing you just laugh evily
-on halloween you dress up as an elf and ask for your candy in elvish
-your parents get a new car and you say "may these horses serve you to better fortune than their last masters"
-someone asks you for directions and you say "buckleberry ferry- follow me"
-your only nightmares are about nazgul and orcs
-you call your dog huan
- you want to move to new zealand and build your house to look like lanthir lamath
im so glad that there are other people out there. im not alone!

Last edited by airetari; 08-09-2004 at 05:04 PM.
airetari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #1740
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What was your sword made out of? What are your walls made out of? I don't think I could stab my real sword (dirk actually, but ye know, it's pointy and made of metal...perfect size for a hobbit sword...) through my walls...not that I'm going to try...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #1741
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I really want to build a nice little (or big) cottage on Mount Sunday in New Zealand. I'll ride throughout the country on my trusty steed crying "The Uruk-Hai are coming! The Uruk-Hai are coming!" And then get arrested.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:35 AM   #1742
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
Cheating Tips ME Style

1. Write in Quenya all you wanna write on ur kodigo.
2. Put it on ur desk, use the alibi "it's a design"
3. Make sure u memorized em all
4. Have fun cheating!!!!

NOTE

IF you have a teacher who can read Quenya it's not advisable. In my school I swear I'm the only one who can distinguish Tolkien from Rowling..... so I can do this technique....
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:22 AM   #1743
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavanna II
1. Write in Quenya all you wanna write on ur kodigo.
2. Put it on ur desk, use the alibi "it's a design"
3. Make sure u memorized em all
4. Have fun cheating!!!!

NOTE

IF you have a teacher who can read Quenya it's not advisable. In my school I swear I'm the only one who can distinguish Tolkien from Rowling..... so I can do this technique....
Yavanna, you do this? I'm shocked!

...When you read "token" as "Tolkein" in the middle of class and you don't notice. My friends told me later.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #1744
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I was so surprised when my Math teacher saw me writing in Tengwar and knew what it was...Don't think he could read it though...hope not, it was rather personal...
Old 08-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #1745
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Yeah, a couple of friend of mine pass notes to eachother in Darvish Runes. Don't know how they do it....
Old 08-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #1746
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tried all the runes cant do them

I do however know the Anglo-Saxon runes...and since me and my chemistry teacher hated eachother I would push her buttons by writing my notes in AS shed go "Andrew! you cant even read that!" "Yes I can it says solutions with postitive ions minus yadayada....(translated into my thoughts) I hate Chem I hate Chem I really ate chem)"

Then I really bugged her we had to do a project relating something we like to chemistry I did LOTR sadly the book has little to know info on chemicals so I did the movies and how they used certain chemicals to paint this or burn that... got an A- highest grade all year and the report I did for Italian about Sam Gamgee(we had to write about our hero) got an A+

See LOTR=Good Grades Yahoo
Old 09-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #1747
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

In english today we were talking about old riddles and the teacher let us tell some of our own so I told one of the ones from The Hobbit. The one about the fish and apparently no one knew what fishe's mail was. That's not surprising but they all gave me this blank stare and I felt like such a nerd.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:53 PM   #1748
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Today in Spanish class we had to make up questions and ask them to each other, and my friend Courtney asked me who I thought should be president. (She also asked me if I like small trees, but that's beside the point.) So, I said Aragorn. What we did not know was that the teacher wanted us to share our answers with the class, so she was really confused when Courtney gave that answer. Very few people knew who Aragorn was, except for our little group of dorks in the back corner.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:37 AM   #1749
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
In my Biology 2 class we were asked to bring in spiders. Luckily I did. The only problem was I got attached to them. Ended up I named all four of them after LOTR characters. Don't ask me why. The bad thing is when one of them died I ended up saying that it was Sauron's evil army that killed it. Their names were Merry, Pippin, Frodo, and everyone's favorite Sam. Its bad when come to find out that Frodo and Sam were females. Scarey really! Oh well then we had to write a story about insects so I chose Ants. The king was Aragorn, the queen Arwen, and the kingdom... You guessed it Gondor! Its bad when people are telling me I need to go to Tolkies Anonymus.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:40 AM   #1750
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know your obsessed with lord of the rings when
1) Your asked to choose a music style to study so you deliberately choose music in the media and focus on films just so you can use and study the music from the lord of the rings movies .

2) While doing that same music topic your friend wants to put the info on a powerpoint presentation and instantly goes for lord of the rings music and pictures for the whole thing I was so proud.
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #1751
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When you read "Barrow-Downs discussion forum" as "Barrow-Downs obsession forum".
Old 10-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #1752
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

When instead of "eighteenth" you type "wighteenth"... it could just be a slip of the finger but I think not...

Last edited by Encaitare; 10-18-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #1753
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
When you get anxiety attacks if you've ever misplaced one of the books.
turgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #1754
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

When your prom dress is going to be fashioned after one of Arwen's.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #1755
Gondor Girl

Dark-Eye

you know you're obsessed w/LOTR when....
1)you're riding your bike you pretend it's a horse and say things like "let us ride" and you pretend you're Aragorn.
2)when you and your friends act out scenes from LOTR
3)when you and your friends plan out finding "Aragorn" and pretending LOTR is real and start acting it out!!!!
That's all I could come up with.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #1756
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Sting

My friends and I were discussing the other day which movie would be shown during the special free day for the students that did well on one of the standardized tests we had to take. We mentioned that whatever movie shown could not have any curse words in it. I mentioned that we should watch LOTR, of course. My one friend said "But wait, we don't know if there are any curse words in it (referring to the Elvish that is not translated). Wait, you do." This is not even one of my good friends, just a "homeroom friend" and they knew of the obsession. Ahh, life is good.

Unfortunately, we ended up watching the Disney movie Miracle, about the 1980s US hockey team who ended up winning gold at the Olympics. Not a bad movie, but I would have preferred LOTR.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:51 PM   #1757
Farmira
Pile O'Bones

Farmira has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Farmira Send a message via Yahoo to Farmira
White Tree We all do it

You know your obsessed with LOTR when...
- Your friends ask you what music you listen to and all you have in your cd case is the soundtracks...
- You find yourself trying to preform elvish tricks like walking over a creek on a rope... ( i advise not to try )
- You pretend like every sandwhich you eat is lambas
- You secretly hope elves live in your backyard
- you go to the ocean and you look for white shores and an endless horizon
- you argue with your english teacher that valinor and avalion are not the same place...
- You listen to rocks hoping to hear the marching of uruk-hai

... what else is there in life than lord of the rings??
Farmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #1758
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Farmira, I loved the last one. Never have thought of that.

Believe it or not there is a place not to far from my home that is called Rivendel. I have convinced a friend that we are going to go there and search for some elves. Unfortunately someone the other day broke the news to me that this "Rivendel" is a place for those who are depressed, obsessed, "crazy"... Hmmm wonder if they will take me? Oh well off to Rivendel. Hey I made a rhyme....

I'm not obsessed, its a past time hobbit.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:00 PM   #1759
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
White-Hand

You know you`re obsessed with LotR when:

My most looked-forward-to-days this month are:

When my LotR blanket I ordered from a catalog is delivered
and
Halloween, when I get to wear my Frodo costume to my new school.

I`ve been in my new school for about 2 months, and am now known as the crazy/hyper-active/smart/Lord-of-the-Rings-Obsessed girl.
The last title is my favorite. I got it from my locker, my books, my t-shirts, speaking elvish and lines from the movies/books, speaking in my Gollum voice, ect.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:53 PM   #1760
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
- You pretend like every sandwhich you eat is lambas (Farmira)
I tried to convince my music theory class last year that my Nutri-Grain bar was lembas... they told me to shut up.