The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #1
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420! vBulletin 3 Discoveries

Now that vBulletin 3 is here, there are a lot of new features and gadgets. You can share discoveries of neat and useful items here. I'll get the ball rolling with a couple of my favorites:
  • If you float your cursor over a thread title on the index pages, you get a preview of the first post in the thread.
  • You can use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) Text Editor to creat your posts. This option can be set in the "Edit Options" section of your User CP. Now you can type your posts like you're using Word and do away with having to fuss with most of the tags.
What features have you discovered?
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Here are a couple of things I've found and enjoy:
  • When you click on a poster's name at the top of the post, you get a great little menu with several options, including viewing the profile and sending a PM.
  • The Quick links menu is very handy..
  • We are now able to report offensive posts just by the click of a button. (The hazard icon at the bottom of every post.).
Old 03-26-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
One new feature is the ability to download your private messages in various formats, including plain text. That limit on your mailbox size should feel less burdensome now.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Normal users no longer have the option to physically delete anything, i.e. mods and admins can still see and retrieve deleted posts and edits (if they want to). We haven't had any problems with people deleting posts and retracting comments on this board so far, but I've seen it happen on other boards, where people would flame and later go back to make that post completely innocent. This seems a good preventive method.
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

What i've discovered which really annoys me is that some Thread titles are in bold which irritates me because then i make a thread and it comes out rugular looking. So, just a discovery!

Also, when you manage your PMs, there's a graph showing the space you use. I like it a lot!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:15 AM   #6
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Perky Ent - they're in Bold because you haven't read them yet. I personally like this feature a lot because it lets me know which threads have new posts to read.

I also like the nice menu on the left of the User CP.

On the whole I like this new format much better!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote