The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old Yesterday, 03:30 AM   #1
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe "Tales of the Shire" console game

Many - if not most - Middle-earth computer games have a level in the Shire. You might carry out errands as Bilbo, punch Lego trees as Frodo, or reenact tales from the Red Book as Elanor and Frodo Gamgee. But what they've all had in common is that the Shire is just a stepping stone on the way to a much larger (and more dangerous) adventure.

Not any more.

Tales of the Shire is an upcoming "life simulation" game - think Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Animal Crossing, or Dreamlight Valley, but with Hobbits. Set entirely in the Shire - apparently entirely in Bywater - it is simply a game of being a little Hobbit in a weskit, chatting with your neighbours, tending your garden, and cooking very fine meals. No threat, no bother, and definitely no adventures. Good morning.

You can view the trailer here, and the official website here. You can decorate your home! You can fish in the ponds! The main story quest is nothing more perilous than gaining Official Village Status for Bywater! The back of Gandalf's head is in the trailer!

I really hope this is good. A cozy Hobbit game sounds absolutely amazing; I would be delighted to while away my evenings pottering around Bywater, chasing butterflies and baking extremely large pies.

hS
Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM   #2
Alassė Estel
Wight

Alassė Estel has just left Hobbiton.
That looks just lovely. Whether or not I ever have the pleasure of playing it myself, it's nice to know such a charming adaptation of the Shire in videogame form exists.
John 3:16
Alassė Estel is offline   Reply With Quote