The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting Strange...

Okay, I think I'm going nuts. I've just seen the first Matrix movie for the first time, and I keep replaying the scenes from it... just with LOTR music in the background! Is anyone else experiencing these kinds of... strange LOTR dilemas?

And now I'm having flashbacks from both movies, simultaneously (still with just LOTR music in the background)... HELP ME!!!

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: kittiewhirl1677 ]
Old 05-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I haven't seen the Matrix, but Lotr does pretty much interfere with every other thought I have [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I think there's a topic on this somewhere... (By the way, Maya, I need The Matrix back, tomorrow morning, if possible.)

~Menelien
Old 05-26-2003, 04:41 AM   #4
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

just tonight i had a cross lotr-matrix dream! but, it also had animorphs by k.a. applegate in. in animorphs, the people can change into animals.
so frodo was neo, and he was in this place with uruk hai, a cave i think. there were 15 other animorphs/fellowships with him.
an uruk looked at him and he flew away as an eagle!
it had more matrix bits, cos that sounds like its got nothing to do with the matrix. but there was a large bit before the bit i described, where all the matrix cast are having a fight. maybe it was two dreams. :S
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:49 AM   #5
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think it was the suspenseful music that alerted my Lotr senses. When ...Morpheous I think it was, was standing before that huge crowd in the cave, it reminded me of the part where Saruman gives the Uruk Hai a pep talk.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I keep having LotR/Young Hercules/The Matrix/Hercules: Legendary Journeys/Xena Warrior Princess dreams, and I can't for the life of me stop them!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
Galadriel9
Haunting Spirit

Galadriel9 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, has anyone ever had a LotR/Gladiator type dream? I had one once, it was v. wierd and worrying!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #8
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

No, okay, this is scary. I was just playing LOTR in my head, and the background music was this random piece that I play on the piano...
Old 05-28-2003, 03:08 PM   #9
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I keep having Star Wars/LotR dreams; they're very strange, but I like them because Jar Jar always dies. For some reason, Yoda is Gollem, but is refered to as "Yollem." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #10
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Yollem??? Tee hee hee!

I went to see the second matrix today and they had an advert for... terminator??? Anyway, as Leo so kindly pointed out... THEY STOLE THE LOTR MUSIC FOR IT!!! So I had to sit there and think happy thoughts... Mmm... fire...
Old 05-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #11
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They stole LOTR music for an advert for king arthur too. And I tend to have LOTR/hitchikers guide to the galaxy dreams, if anyone is interested.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #12
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

wanna hear a really freaky-deaky dream i had??? well, i dont think i told this one so listen!lol.
ok, so im at this riding academy with my best friend, and we both happen to go into the lounge, and no one is around. i turn on the television, and i swear to god, Elrond popped out of the teli, and said he was my father. right. so then he was like you have to kill this evil force or something (cross of Tolkien and Star Wars i bet-i dont even like starwars so weird) and so now im thinking, if Elrond is my dad, then arwen is my sister...and aragorn is my brother-in-law....so aragorn gives me this palamino stallion, and my friend got a black thoroubred...right??? so then we are figting this evil dude, and we beat him, but my horse gets killed by an arrow, bummer, and then Elrond is like, ok later daughter...and im like where are you going??? and he is like, well, i cant stay, you are at a boarding school duh!!! sooo yah....weird, yes...very. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 01:33 PM   #13
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Well mine is more like in my photo shop class was humming the music for when the elves come to Helms Deep. And all the while I am playing with a picture of Sophea The thunder Mistress(it's a picture of a chicken that I named after her, inside joke don't ask), But underneath that is a pic that I am working on for class. Then the next day in my Math for computer programmers I was thinking about all the stairs that have to climb each day, and the Bridge of Khzad-Dum comes to mind, But mind you My instructor is from ad iffernt country and I can’t understand him sometimes and his name is Golum, so I always get Gollum's song in my head when I am in there. But other than that everything else is LOTR or Pink Floyd.

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-30-2003, 01:36 PM   #14
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

You might want to check the composer for the Matrix music, if it is the same as LOTR, you might be experiencing dejahear because often times composers music can have a similar flare. John Williams, I can tell if it's him in the dark. Star Wars and Indiana Jones, it's just his style.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:55 PM   #15
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Dejahear... that's funny. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 07:24 PM   #16
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yeah... Speaking of music-crosses with LotR, I was playing one of my piano pieces one time, and there was this chord that REALLY sounded like something from LotR. So every time I come to it, I start playing LotR instead of Bach...
Old 06-05-2003, 04:47 AM   #17
Elentarimir
Wight

Elentarimir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentarimir
Sting

LotR has gotten mixed up with lots of other stuff in my mind. Like, a LOT of other stuff. As far as dreams go, I always have wierd dreams, so LotR mixed with something else doesn't really freak me out that badly....
Old 06-05-2003, 05:15 AM   #18
Wolvaurynomir
Pile O'Bones

Wolvaurynomir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Wolvaurynomir
Sting

Quote:
John Williams, I can tell if it's him in the dark. Star Wars and Indiana Jones, it's just his style.
Yes, much to my mother's dismay when she bought the Harry Potter soundtrack and found it was just a funny version of those two and Jurassic Park.

By the way, the music for The Matrix and The Matrix: Reloaded is composed by one Don Davis, while Howard Shore did our beloved The Lord of the Rings soundtrack. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've found LotR and Willow do mix sometimes. I get funny images from it, but they work.

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Wolvaurynomir ]
Wolvaurynomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:55 PM   #19
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Elvanui has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had this one really wierd dream where I was the ringbearer and I had to destroy the ring but I tried to throw it in the Dehumidifier of Doom instead of the actual mountain. That didn't work so I had to drag myself all the way to Mordor with my sword bearing companion (not Aragorn, but close to this other guy from another book). When I was just about to destroy the ring this evil girl who had been tracking me the whole time (instead of Saruman) got it. I woke up but was so scared that I had doomed the world that I had to make up and ending. Then I had this other dream that was a LOTR?Matrix mix...The government was trying to kill me b/c I was the last elf and my lifeforce could be used to cure SARS and I was running from agents and I learned how to catch bullets...pretty wierd.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:17 PM   #20
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I remember the Terminator stealage! AND also the T.V. show "24" stole it too! DESTROYERS AND USURPERS!!
...anyways. Yeah.
I once had a dream where Sam bit his finger off. Yeah. Even I don't know where that came from!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #21
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow, weird stuff. Now my friend who is currently obsessed with LotR and Matrix at the same time keeps on saying weird mixes. Then again, sometimes I hear things. Just now, over the phone, I thought she had said Lord of the Matrix!