The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #2121
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Yup. That's what I thought.
Btw, has Switzerland ever done anything in World Cup
or European tournaments? Isn't the population majority
German, and Germany, of course, is always good in the sport.
Also, have you seen the National Geographic feature on football/soccer?

Oh, and how about "h"s?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #2122
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Th-t/ h-t/ ---t-/ ---/ --------/, ---ht/ h---/ ----/ --d-/ ---/ ---/. -/ h---/ th----/ --/ ----/ ---h/ ---/."

ot: I must admit I have no idea I am not a sportsfan at all. During the world championship was the first time I ever watched some games. ( the next European Championship in 2008 will be held in Switzerland)
Old 11-09-2006, 04:31 AM   #2123
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
A, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #2124
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Un P por favor.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #2125
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TDH AP (+ a forgotten T)

"That/ hat/ ---t-/ ---/ p--p----/, ---ht/ ha--/ ----/ -ad-/ ---/ ---/. -/ h-p-/ th----/ --/ ----/ --th/ ---/."
Old 11-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #2126
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Any "m"s?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #2127
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TDHAP M

"That/ hat/ ---t-/ ---/ p--p----/, m--ht/ ha--/ ----/ mad-/ ---/ ---/. -/ h-p-/ th----/ --/ ----/ --th/ ---/."
Old 11-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #2128
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
There aren't too many stories with a "hat", but it did take awhile for me to search through Roverandom, Farmer Giles, and Tom Bombadil till I finally found the quote in Smith of Wootton Major:
Quote:
Nokes... had always wished to become Master Cook...
...he used to put on the tall white hat and look at himself in a polished frying pan and say: 'How do you do, Master. That hat suits you properly, might have been made for you. I hope things go well with you.'
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #2129
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Correct

Sorry to have wasted so much of your time...
(my referance was to your football hat of course)

ot: I have now bought the special edition of Smith of Wootton Major too and am currently enjoying Tolkien's introduction to The Golden Key
Old 11-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #2130
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

We can upload our pictures to the internet faster than Nokes could polish his frying pan! Here's a new one - perhaps applicable to HI?
Quote:
-- --- -- -------- -- -- ---- ------- ---------. -- --- ---- ----------!
(I look forward to hearing how you enjoy the EE of Smith!)
Old 11-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #2131
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 11-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #2132
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N

-- --- n- ----n--- -- -- ---- ------- -------n-. -- --- ---- ----------!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #2133
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about O ?
Old 11-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #2134
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

yes, N O

-- --- no ----n--- -o -o -o-- ----o-- ---o---n-. -- --- ---- ----------!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #2135
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

*looks at watch* T-time!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #2136
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

indeed! (N O T)

Have a cup-le T:

-- --- no ----n--- to -o -o-- --t-o-t ---o-t-n-. -- --- ---- ----------!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #2137
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks!

i please
Old 11-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #2138
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

i spy (no ti)

-- --- no ---in--- to -o -o-- -it-o-t ---o-tin-. -- --- ---- -i--------!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #2139
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R please
Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #2140
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

notir

-- --- no ---in--- to -o -o-- -it-o-t r--ortin-. -- -r- ---- -i--------!
Old 11-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #2141
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

now I'd like to see the S's
Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #2142
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ S

-- --- no --sin-ss to -o -o-- -it-o-t r--ortin-. -- -r- ---- -is----s--!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #2143
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Aha!

Quote:
He had no business to go home without reporting. We are much displeased!
said the king, when he learned that Farmer Giles on his way back with the dragon and the treasure had turned to his home instead of coming straight to the king.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:54 AM   #2144
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very good, Guinevere - I'm proud that it took you at least a bit longer and a few letters more than normal to figure this one out!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #2145
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty!

"--/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/ ------/ ---/ ----/ --/ -------/ --/ --/; -----/ -'-/ ----/, ---/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/ ----------/ --/ ---/ ---/."
Old 11-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #2146
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #2147
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

yess, but we has only two...

"--/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/ ------/ ---/ ----/ --/ -------/ --/ --/; -----/ -'-/ ----/, ---/ --s-/ --/ ---/ ----/ ----------/ --/ ---/ s--/."
Old 11-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #2148
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T, please

No S without T...
Old 11-14-2006, 03:28 AM   #2149
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ST

"--/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/ ------/ ---/ t---/ --/ t-----t/ --/ --/; -----/ -'-/ ---t/, t--/ --st/ --/ ---/ ----/ ---t---t--/ t-/ t--/ s--/."
Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 AM   #2150
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

E, please.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:45 AM   #2151
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

EST

"--/ ----/ --e/ ---e/ -e----/ -e----/ ---/ t--e/ --/ t-----t/ --/ -e/; ----e/ -'-/ -e-t/, t-e/ --st/ --/ ---/ ----/ -e-t-e-t--/ t-/ t-e/ se-/."
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #2152
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

ESTY

OK, I know Y may be a rare letter, but just for the fun of having my nick complete...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #2153
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

two Y's for Esty!

"-y/ ----/ --e/ ---e/ -ey---/ -e----/ ---/ t--e/ --/ t-----t/ --/ -e/; ----e/ -'-/ -e-t/, t-e/ --st/ --/ ---/ ----/ -e-t-e-t--/ t-/ t-e/ se-/."
Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #2154
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

M, please.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #2155
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MY SET

"My/ ----/ --e/ ---e/ -ey---/ -e----/ ---/ t--e/ --/ t-----t/ --/ me/; ----e/ -'m/ -e-t/, t-e/ --st/ --/ ---/ ---m/ -e-t-ert--/ t-/ t-e/ se-/."
Old 11-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #2156
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmm, the end is almost certainly "to the sea", and it looks like two lines of poetry - but I can't find it in the poems I've searched so far. Am I right with that suspicion?

At any rate, let's have another letter; maybe that will help. R, please.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #2157
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MYSTER(Y)

"My/ ----/ -re/ ---e/ -ey---/ re----/ ---/ t--e/ --/ t-----t/ --/ me/; ----e/ -'m/ -e-t/, t-e/ --st/ --/ ---/ -r-m/ -e-t-ert--/ t-/ t-e/ se-/."

You're right about the poetry!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:24 AM   #2158
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's have an A then, just to be sure I see the sea...
Old 11-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #2159
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A MYSTER(Y)

"My/ ----/ are/ ---e/ -ey---/ re-a--/ a--/ ta-e/ --/ t-----t/ --/ me/; a---e/ -'m/ -e-t/, t-e/ -ast/ --/ a--/ -r-m/ -eat-ert--/ t-/ t-e/ sea/."

I guess this will give you enough hints now...
Old 11-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #2160
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

You'd think that would be enough, but I can't find it. Oh well, let's have another letter...

O, please.