Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #601
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Get your characters to the graveyard Alli's hiding in in a plausible fashion. There will be an epic (read: clichèd and HUGE) battle with the Blue Wizards (talk to alatar and Anguirel about that sort of thing) wherein Ang's character will probably switch sides a few times (?), everybody will have to fight, Anakron will likely be doing things Dweomer-related, and... werewolves will attack.

Yeah. That works. Epic graveyard battle. Cheesiest horror flick you've ever seen. The sort with exaggerated looks of extreme 'terror' and the sort of lightening that strikes on cue.

Sorry I'm not around, sorry I won't be around.

Just keep in mind that this is the climax of the story and that the battle should tie stuff together and be <highlight>HUGE</highlight>
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Anakron will likely be doing things Dweomer-related,
He cannot as he's (at least mostly) dead. If you wish him revived as he was, you will need, I must kindly insist, to write him instead of me doing so. My apologies as this probably messes up some plans.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #603
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I'll try and get my characters to the grave yard in the next three or four posts where they'll meet up and discuss 'things'.
May the hilarity long continue!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #604
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
My apologies as this probably messes up some plans.
No apologies necessary. Any plans I had got shot when I disappeared from life and forgot them all. Besides, this isn't my story, it's ours. Don't wait for me. Finish it. If you decide you don't want a graveyard battle... don't have one.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #605
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
My life is likely to be absolutely crazy this month. Basically, it's looking like I will have to work any day when I'm not either on the road or at an interview. Including weekends. This will make it challenging for me to keep up.

That said, I'm still planning to be around whenever possible, and even if Panakeia doesn't participate in the battle, she will be very eager to see it, as she has a few scores to settle with the illustrious Istari.

LMP - should I continue the mostly dead Anakron plot as we were discussing?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #606
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
LMP - should I continue the mostly dead Anakron plot as we were discussing?
Yes, we can continue that as we have agreed to. (Shhh! Let's keep them guessing....)
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #607
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
(Shhh! Let's keep them guessing....)
Understood.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #608
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Okay. Two or three more posts ought to bring my party to the graveyard...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #609
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Anguirel? You there?

Would you like to schedule that Little Chat between Alli and Tom/Dracomir in the very near future?

Hookbill, nice work with getting the Wizards to the graveyard. Alatar, are you still with us? Or are we writing evil nasty Blue Wizards without you?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #610
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to help, but am so far removed from the story it seems hopeless. Want to send me text that could be posted using my login? Want to send an outline that I could flesh out, have reviewed, then post?

Ideas?

Sorry, but I tried to follow, but as the Blue One didn't appear in the first week/month, my attention waned.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #611
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I promise that I will fill that save on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #612
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
I'd like to help, but am so far removed from the story it seems hopeless. Want to send me text that could be posted using my login? Want to send an outline that I could flesh out, have reviewed, then post?

Ideas?
The Blue Istari have killed (mostly) Anakron because he refused to continue to be the Grand Anakronist. They are manipulators of everyone. They have said they're going to "exterminate" the Dwarf (sorry Hookbill, I forget his name ) and his father. They must be responsible for the werewolf, who is also Tom Felton/the Harry Potter evil kid. They are up to no good and there will be a major battle that they are obviously causing.

So basically, anything that's going wrong is their fault.

So they're evil. Or maybe they're not but just seem to be. That's where the fun lies, seems to me.

Those are my thoughts. Hope they help.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #613
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
They have said they're going to "exterminate" the Dwarf (sorry Hookbill, I forget his name ) and his father.
Smilog. Think " " and "og".
Old 01-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #614
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Darn it. I knew that. Thanks for the handy mnemonic.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #615
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Form, are you okay with bringing Maika and Hyarmenwë (and Elrogorn?) to the graveyard? I'm a bit too caught up with school (already!) and I don't think I'll be sufficiently up to the task.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #616
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Form, are you okay with bringing Maika and Hyarmenwë (and Elrogorn?) to the graveyard? I'm a bit too caught up with school (already!) and I don't think I'll be sufficiently up to the task.
I should be...

Which is a reminder to me that I need to get a post up. Hopefully, I'll get to that in the next couple days, bringing them thither in one massive post.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #617
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Shoot

Quote:
'The Dark Lord Squirlron' and his nine nutrats, the black slinkers
I was just looking at an old saved private message and found this. Too bad it's so late in this rpg that I can't really use this anymore.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #618
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Palantir-Green

My save is filled.

Including a lovely poem about being assigned to Mordor.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #619
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Save filled. And with a plot twist!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #620
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Yet another save filled!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #621
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I get to the last part of your post, and I'm thinking, "Who's this balding, bespectacled man with the big grin beneath his beard? I don't remember seeing him anywhere in the story before. Is he Alatar? Nah, that doesn't make sen...... Oh. Duh." ROTFL. I get it! You've outdone yourself this time! I'd rep ya but I gotta ... you know.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #622
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
I get to the last part of your post, and I'm thinking, "Who's this balding, bespectacled man with the big grin beneath his beard? I don't remember seeing him anywhere in the story before. Is he Alatar? Nah, that doesn't make sen...... Oh. Duh." ROTFL. I get it! You've outdone yourself this time! I'd rep ya but I gotta ... you know.
Glad you like it.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #623
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh dear, Celuien, that's just...*chuckle*
Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #624
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

My computer being in pieces at the moment, try not to miss me too badly until I can get back here to post. Keep up what you've been doing without me... y'all are doing great. Just a little farther! Home stretch...
Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #625
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hey Anguirel!

Even with my PC liking me just enough to hand my next two paychecks straight to Bill Gates while not even being thoughtful enough to be in my possession for at least a few more days (sigh)...

Right now (the next week, give or take, unless I'm wrong) is quite possibly the best time in the foreseeable future for me to do any writing that requires others.

If you're around and wanted to do that Alli/Tom meeting, it would be absolutely fantastic.

If not, I'll leave it up to the tao.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #626
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

The save is filled.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:35 AM   #627
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Another Save filled. I didn't have time or Patience to do a full song and dance routine.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #628
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Ang?

<waves>

Hello?

<shrug>

I'm sick and I have papers and midterms for the next week. Then I'm out of town. My mental existence is currently debatable.

I'd love to have this story finished by Easter. Does that sound managable for people?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #629
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What's the plan from here forward, Feanor?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #630
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

A battle. Working together to make it as [melo]dramatic as possible.

If we can tie as many subplots as possible to this battle, I'd be delighted.

Don't worry about plausibility of denouement. Illamatar exists in this story for a reason. Make it as impossible a fix to get out of as you like.

Battle. End of battle. I've been toying with the idea of Roggie and Mardil signing the treaty on their own out of impatience just as Illamatar ends the war with the Wizards.

And then closing posts sending people off to wherever they need to be.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #631
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay.

Hey Celuien, I think you owe me a post; or do I owe you one?

Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #632
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Argh! Fea, have I missed the boat, or shall I have Tom turn up now for the long expected arrangement?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #633
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Hey Celuien, I think you owe me a post; or do I owe you one?
Heh. I think either of us could post next. Elempi's question has been left unanswered for the moment by the discovery of Alli and Aime.

If I go next, though, there's not much to say other than confirming that Panakeia is glad to see Elempi.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #634
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Argh! Fea, have I missed the boat, or shall I have Tom turn up now for the long expected arrangement?
Have him turn up. An idea would be maybe for Tom and Alli to be left alone together in the tomb while maybe everybody else joins the Smilog incident with the Wizards?

Nobody has reason to think it might be a bad idea to leave the two alone and it would up the tension of the situation...

Or if you have a different idea?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #635
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So Alli and Aime are in the crypt, having gone "thump", and Panakeia, Elempí and "colleagues" have just heard said "thump", and are ready to investigate, which apparently blue-gloved investigation is apparently going to end in the .... uh ... 'end' of some red-shirt? Is that where we're going with this?

I'm trying to figure out Elempí too. He is of course the heart and soul of Anakron, that which lacks all the foolish ambition (though not foolishness) ..... and all he wants to do is get outta there! and back to Umbar and be a humble and too talkative professor again. I think. No, he dares to hope to hope that Panakeia will see through all the urbanity of Anakron to the squeamish heart of Elempí . Well heck, I think I can build a post out of that. Or not.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #636
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I may wait for Fea or Eomer before posting again, just so I'm sure of who's fighting right now, other than In Ego.

By the way, I don't want him to be a red shirt. I don't really have particular plans for him, but I'm rather fond of the character he's based on.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #637
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm a little swamped at the moment, so I can't give any distinct posting times. It could be anywhere from tomorrow to the 25th.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #638
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I completely missed your posts, Fea, for I must have gone temporarily blind. I'm on the case

:
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #639
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I completely missed your posts, Fea, for I must have gone temporarily blind. I'm on the case

:
Thanks, love.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #640
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
"Well, I'm back."

The mammoth post was just to sort out where Angawen's been, see? I'll catch up with you guys in a bit. If for some reason that post isn't compatible with the storyline, let me know.