The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2003, 03:23 PM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril New Members - Introduce Yourself Here

Greetings to all new members! This is the place to introduce yourself and be welcomed by other members. Feel right at home! (The old thread is closed due to its length.)

If you haven't read any information about posting on the Downs yet, please check out the Forum FAQ thread. Should you have questions that aren't answered there, you're welcome to send a PM (private message) to me or to Legolas, moderators of this forum, or to the moderator(s) of the forum on which you'd like to be active.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-13-2005 at 03:07 AM.
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Silmaril

Hallo! I'm new . . . and I see I'm the first to post an introduction- yay! *ahem*

My name is Linaeve, but you can call me Lina. Linaeve supposedly means tree of song in some language or the other, and I'm told Lina means light in Italian. That said, I'm a senior in high school. Don't talk to me about colleges because I WILL slap you . . . or something! I swear, every time someone finds out I'm a senior, the first question out of their mouths is, "Do you know what college you're going to yet?" This craze with colleges is just one of my many pet peeves- I could go on raging about it forever.

Anyway, I'm a converted Tolkien fanatic. I was getting irritated because when the first Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies were due to be released, everyone was comparing the two, and I was convinced that nothing could beat Harry Potter. Well, one of my friends convinced me to read The Hobbit. I ended up devouring the rest of the books in about a week and a half, maybe even less. I'm so glad I found this site!

My other passions include classical music, philosophy, anything I don't know much of, Chinese literature and history, and Judaism. You can find a pretty complete list of my hobbies in my profile. Anyway, this introduction is much longer than I planned it to be! I'm glad you lasted this long, and I'm even happier to be here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 9:04 PM November 26, 2003: Message edited by: Linaeve ]
Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Welcome Ohtariel, hobbitatheart and The Great Bronsky! Hope to see you all posting around a lot.

PS. As for the Scarburg Meadhall, it's been a bit quiet recently but it's the RPG around here that never dies...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-05-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: as Aganzir (and Legate) kindly pointed out to me, I welcomed a spambot. :( I wonder why I didn't pay any attention AT ALL...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A big LOL at Lommy.

Welcome to all the new members that are not trying to advertise suspicious websites.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Welcome to all the new members that are not trying to advertise suspicious websites.
Especially when they're advertising the same website as recently banned spammers and have the same MO of quoting other posters.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Especially when they're advertising the same website as recently banned spammers and have the same MO of quoting other posters.
I agree with you.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:56 PM   #7
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Welcome, oh newbie! You're the first one to say hi, I'm the first to respond. *I feel special!*

Quote:
Don't talk to me about colleges because I WILL slap you... or something!
I know how you feel...I'm a junior in high school and people are already asking me about collage. I can't stand it!

Any-woo...Welcome to the 'Downs! You'll love it here, I'm sure. We're all friendly corpses [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Enjoy being dead, and if you have any questions, just ask!
Old 11-27-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Gasp! It never fails. The official welcome line here is "Enjoy being dead" I wonder how often I've said that? Not that it's bad or anything, just interesting how people have come to say it automatically.

Moving along: Hey Lina...welcome to the downs. A converted LOTR fan, eh?(little canadian lingo for you, [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ) Me too. But I didn't get into Harry Potter until after I was converted. I have this problem that I get real skeptical about new fads. And when HP came out I just gave it the cold shoulder. I didn't read the books until I got them for christmas(2001) and didn't see the movie until it came out on video(who knows when) However, I hopped onto the LOTR bandwagon almost immediately after seeing the movie. I'm still pretty weary of new fads, but old habits die hard, I suppose.

-Smiles!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Welcome! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Enjoy being not alive! (See, I didn't say dead, did I?) My, how this site's membership grows! Have a great time.

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:18 PM   #10
BlackCaptain

Sting

Hello, Im BlackCaptain formerly of thetolkienforum.com...

I hope to have some great discussions with the lot of ya!
Old 11-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #11
Feanorian

Sting

Hello, I too have come from the The Tolkein Forum. I look forward to having some interesting discussions here.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:35 AM   #12
Eolynne the Sad

Shield

Hello to all. I'm probably one of the elder newcomers, as I have children pondering the dreaded "C" (College) question... I sympathize! Enjoy your youth and remember, your life is a journey. Every day can bring a new joy, a new sorrow, and always new horizons!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 PM   #13
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Don't talk to me about colleges because I WILL slap you... or something!
---------------------------------------------
I know how you feel...I'm a junior in high school and people are already asking me about collage. I can't stand it!
I'm a freshman, and I also have been asked that. Give me a year to get used to high school, at least! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] So many people think you need to have your future planned almost from birth, or something like that. Oops, I'm ranting. *stopstopstop!* ok, I will stop now.

Anyway, greetings to all new newbies or old newbies. (did that make sense? ummm...I think not) Enjoy thy deceasedness here at the 'downs! (is 'deceasedness' a word? Well, it is now!) And remember, Chatese is annoying to those who do not chat much and do not understand it. Here you have time to write properly.

[ 1:23 PM November 28, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 11-28-2003, 04:05 PM   #14
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Enjoy being not alive! (See, I didn't say dead, did I?)
Quote:
Enjoy thy deceasedness here at the 'downs! (is 'deceasedness' a word? Well, it is now!)
You all make me so happy with your imaginations.

Welcome to all, and happy thanksgiving to all Americans. I did the turkey thing weeks ago, but I'll say it anyway.
always eating chicken?
Old 11-29-2003, 07:05 AM   #15
Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Pile O'Bones

Nienna, sister of Feanturi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nienna, sister of Feanturi Send a message via AIM to Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Tolkien

Hello, I'm Nienna and I've never been on any discussion forums before EVER so I bet I do something stupid and make a fool of myself....
Phew I'm glad I got that off my chest. I ntorduce myself, hmm. I have been deeply in love with Pippin ever since I read LOTR two years ago. I am still at school (unfortunately) but I don't live in America and so don't know what grade I would be in. I love writing and hope to be an author some day....
Old 11-29-2003, 08:15 AM   #16
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome to the 'downs Nienna! Ah, a Pippin fan. Yes, I guess he is a very likeable character. School is very unfortunate... I still have to go to school. I'm in yr11, so I only have 2 and a half yrs to go, then I'm free! Free I tell u! An author you say? Ah, I shall have to compete with u then if we both get books published ^_- [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 07:05 PM   #17
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Sting

Quote:
I'm a freshman, and I also have been asked that. Give me a year to get used to high school, at least! So many people think you need to have your future planned almost from birth, or something like that. Oops, I'm ranting. *stopstopstop!* ok, I will stop now.
Well, I don't know if this'll make you feel any better, but my cousin already had a college counselor when she was a freshman! He helped her pick out the right courses to take and everything. And then supposedly there was a Chinese couple that named their son Harvmit, after Harvard and MIT. Now that's crazy!

Anyway, just so's we don't get off topic- welcome to all fellow newbies! And I will say that I do enjoy being dead oh so very much! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 08:16 AM   #18
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yay! New corpses!

Everybody, enjoy your stay here! You must, 'cause you'll never be leaving... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] *an evil villian kind of laugh can be heard*

Alright, alright! I'll stop!

Nienna, don't worry. Eberybody here's as nice as you can ask from corpses. And we have a whole section for Newcomers! Nobody will laugh at you or anything!
BTW, Pippin is kewl! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Eolynne, wisdom from an elder! I'm sure you'll spark some good discussions in the Books-forum!

BlackCaptain and Feanorian, I'm sure you'll enjoy your endless stay here! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And then there's ofcourse Linaeve. Enjoy your stay here! I hope to see you in some interesting (or plain fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) discussion soon!

Love to ya all,
Aethelwine.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:42 PM   #19
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Hi all you newly deads. I am a sophmore or something in college, I am not too sure we don't use too much of that kind of designation. But you will like it once ya get there. By the way chat speak is a nono and you should read the old Novices and newcommers for some good advice. Watch the old people here and see what they are doing and read all the rules before you jump into an RP.

That'll be all.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #20
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nienna, your not the only person who doesn't live in America, not by a long shot!

Technically I'm not a New Corpse, but I've only just found this thread.

I'm in Year 10, for all those in England. I was converted to Lotr when a new girl in my class at school joined our gang and mysteriously liked Legolas. Now I'm into the whole shebang. My friend regrets the day when she let on that she liked him, because now I won't stop talking about Lotr and the BD.
For other hobbies of mine, I've been a fan of archery since I was 11. I've done it several times now and hope to join a club soon. I enjoy Geography, for some strange reason, and I play the Saxaphone. I'm currently Grade 4.

Thats all, Vanya Sulie!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #21
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Nienna, your not the only person who doesn't live in America, not by a long shot!
Well said, Yeah Canada!

I have no idea what kind of schooling everybody is in. I'm just in Grade 11 in high school if that counts. I'm 16 and this is my 12th year in school, K, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.

Quote:
and I play the Saxaphone.
Anybody who plays an instrument or sings or does something musical (even appreciate it) has got my thumbs up.

Quote:
and I've never been on any discussion forums before EVER so I bet I do something stupid and make a fool of myself....
Do not worry about a thing, I was brand new once as well and you pick up very quickly. Happy hunting.

Happy days, and happy hearts...hum a tune today.
always eating chicken?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #22
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After the first few idiotic posts/topics you write, you soon learn what and what not to do. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I also discovered the search button soon after I joined (strange I never saw it before).

So -- enjoy your fine coffins! Ignore the stench of decaying flesh (it disappears to a vague remembrance of your smelling oragan), amble in the bare bones of things, and remember that becoming a wight is the most pleasantest experience of your dead life!

Imladris

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
Celegorm
Wight

Celegorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Celegorm Send a message via AIM to Celegorm Send a message via Yahoo to Celegorm
Sting

Hi, I signed in yesterday, but I visited this Forum before.

I like the quiz' here.

The first time of LOTR in my life was the Bakshi-movie. Since that time I read a lot of Tolkien's work. I'm nearly finished with HoME.

As my name shows, I'm more interested in the Sil. Since someone has "stolen" my favorit name Maglor (wich I use in some other boards), I decided to go down the line. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Oh, and before you make the mistake: I'm female. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If someone likes to know more about me, feel free to visit my HP.

Anyway, I hope, I don't make to much orthography-mistakes.

And I hope, I'll enjoy this forum and we'll have fun here. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 04:41 PM   #24
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

ShadowElf has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hey, My name is Kevin, ive been a member for a bit but havent talked lately. My friends nicknamed me the "Keeper of Bara-dur" because of my knowledge of Mordor. If u wanna talk about anything in Middle Earth, im me me aim sn is Ninjaishad. See if u kno more than me.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:49 PM   #25
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Tar-Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
My name is Kevin too acutally. I a, just into Lord of the Rings. I have read the books before the movie came out THANK YOU VERY MUCH, and obvisously like the Kings of Numenore a bit too much. I have known about this site for a while now bu have never joined the forums. Thank the Valar I wasnt King when Numenore sunk below. Stupid Tar-Palantir [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I am Also a freshman at high school but I think there is only one person who knows more than me about LOTR at school. I started to read the books in 6th grade and have been hooked ever since. I, for some reason got into LotR and have never really known why. Now my sister is a "wannabe-ringer" and i will never forgive her.

I wonder if PJ will have the dwarves at Pelennor since the Elves were at Helms Deep.

[ 10:01 PM December 02, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Alcarin ]
Old 12-03-2003, 05:42 AM   #26
Donlammenion
Animated Skeleton

Donlammenion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi peeps i've been a way for a while but hope to make a healthy return i'm lee in life but don will do fine in tolkien. it feels good to be back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Donlammenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:22 AM   #27
Durfuiniel
Pile O'Bones

Durfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Durfuiniel
Hey you guys,
I just found this page and thought it would be great to register
Firstly I have to say I'm german, so please overlook my mistakes 'cause school english isn't enough for writing here I think...
I'm 16 years old, female and I love the Lord of the Rings for a very long time. It started very early when I saw the books on my father's shelf and I was fascinated by the minute.
I read them again and again and the same I did with the Hobbit, the Silmarillion and other Tolkien books.
First I read them in german but I think the originals are much better, especially better than the newer translation which is really really bad. The worst thing I ever read so I stopped reading after a short time and read the originals.
I hope you understand what I'm writing and it's not too wrong but I'll do my best*promis*
Durfuiniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:40 AM   #28
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Welcome Durfuiniel

I have to say, from reading your first post, your English is fantatstic, it quite puts my own stumbling attempts at German to shame.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:57 AM   #29
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Welcome to the forum Durfuiniel, I hope you enjoy your levels of death here.

P.S. about the English, I'm afraid you're probably better at it then me. I have a tendancy to make up words that don't even exist.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #30
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome, Durfuiniel! Your English sounds good to me! Hope you enjoy death in its various stages.

Cheers!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #31
Castamir
Pile O'Bones

Castamir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm Castamir. I've been interested in Tolkein for 21 years, and have read The lord of the rings 25 times fully, and the sil 18 times fully, as well as all of the others at leastb 10 times. This probabley sounds really sad but i don't care.
I v'e done a family tree, showing the decent from Finwe to Aragorn II. Cheers
Castamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:11 AM   #32
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome to all newcomers! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

Castamir, you sound like a candidate for the Tolkien Coming of Age Club - it's not a formal group, just a thread for those who have known Tolkien's works 18 years or longer to gather and share their experiences. I'd also like to invite any other newcomers who fit into that category - come on over, pull up a rocking chair and enjoy the fellowship!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:23 PM   #33
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

My name is Firefoot. I have been a LotR freak for almost two years now. I don't like the movie near as much as the book. When I started the Hobbit I had no idea what it was about and by the time I was on the second page I was hooked. I finished LotR in about nine days over spring break.
~Firefoot

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-12-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:59 PM   #34
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Have a wonderful time being dead Firefoot!

BTW, Firefoot was my favorite horse in LotR, and Eomer was one of my most favorite characters.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #35
Caoimhin

Sting

Hi everybody!

The name's Caoimhin, or just Caoi for short (or if you're lazy). In case you're wondering what the name means, it is the Irish/Gaelic version of my real name (Kevin). I had a brother who posted here a while back (Barodir, though he never posted much and only did some of the RPG's) who got me interested in the forums, and I just rediscovered the forums as of late.

I've been a LotR fan since the first movie came out (though I did read the Hobbit long before that). Afterwards, I was entralled with Middle Earth, and quickly went to read the Trilogy and anything else I could get my hands on.

I'm definitely looking forward to wasting all my time on the forums now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #36
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Welcome Caoimhin!

Quote:
I'm definitely looking forward to wasting all my time on the forums now.
Hehe, so true...so true.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #37
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Hi FIrefoot and Caoimhin I hope you both enjoy the deadness of this realm.

Welcome and enjoy.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #38
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Technically I'm not a New Corpse, but I've only just found this thread.
*blushes* Me too. When I first joined, I was very confused and I don't think I even looked in this section. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] But, by now I've been here more than 6 months and have become a wight. Don't fell bad I'f you're rather lost here- when I first joined, I didn't know how to have an avatar, or quote anybody! Now I'm just fine- although I've still never started a topic (All the good ideas I have hve already been used [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ) Enjoy your death one and all! I've never really found anybody on the 'Downs who isn't nice and understanding. To put it bluntly, no one laughs when you make mistakes (and I should know, I've made more than my share!) Have fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oromin
Old 12-07-2003, 06:42 PM   #39
Dunraukion

Shield

Hey all! I'm new to this forum.. be nice.. Or i will kill you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm Naz.. From Norway.. Or if it's middle earth that count's i would say i would fit perfectly into.. Rohan.. I am a great Horse rider! As good as they come norwegian Style.. Uhm.. What more is there to say? I am no wannabe Elf person.. I am a true human.. Really.. Legolas is cool and all but he is so weak!! In hand-to-hand combat.. without swords he would stink! but Boromir, Aragorn, Faramir, Eomer and all the other cool humans in LotR (I will not mention any because i am tired and i want to sleep. And yes i have read the books!! Twice.. Once in each language [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) they are big strong guys and they are so much cooler! Maybe they don't live that long but hanging around the same girl for 4-5000 years will make you sick of her! Soo.. What more is there to say.. I play basketball! Which is fun.. Norway's best team.. Not lost a game in the series for like.. 5-6 years straight.. I'm 16 years old.. Uhm.. well.. Yeah..

Dunraukion
Old 12-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #40
Ascavása

Sting

Hello all! I am Ascavása. I come from Combe. Both my parents were killed by orcs went they came charging through our village. I ran as far as I could. And now, I'm on my way to Breredon.

Actually, I am writing a book about all this. hehehe.. Wish me luck!