The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2003, 07:27 AM   #41
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

My favourite character (in the books) is also Sam. He's the only character that reveals so much of his feelings and thoughts. Therefore I can really feel with him and for him. The chapter "The choices of Master Samwise" alway makes me cry! Then of course I am very fond of Frodo, as well.

My favourite human is definitely Faramir!(The one in the book of course! Not that impostor in the movie!!) I must admit I have almost a crush on him... I think Eowyn is soo lucky to get him.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:41 PM   #42
Jesse
Animated Skeleton

Location: My home is in the Twin Cities, but my soul is at Loch Ness in Scotland
Jesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My favorite character is Gandalf the White. He stands for purity and represents the good side. Plus he's got a new staff.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #43
Teluialwen

Sting

My favorite character... it would be just as hard as picking a brillent star from the heavens above.. Each character plays such a role take but one and story will fail to continue, however I can name one... Aragorn. With him the story as we know it may not of even made it past Bree. Now i will have to say one thing out of all the species i would have to say i dream of elves... they are amazing creatures that live among middle earth with them the story would lose much of its heroism... thats really all i have to say

May your heart me true from all that comes,
Teluialwen

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Teluialwen ]
Old 01-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #44
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

My favorite character was Haldir.

But since Haldir died, I guess I'll cheer for ... *rolls her eyes, bites her lip, gives up then sighs* ... Legolas in ROTK. I hate saying that because I'm not a psychotic fan-girl just a Friend of the Elves. But we all understand [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2003, 06:49 PM   #45
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My fav. character? Hell, there´s LOADS!!
Ok, let´s see..umm...

Hobbits: Merry (cool), Pip(funny), Sam (cute, loyal etc)
Elves: Galadriel, Lúthien, Arwen
Humans: EOWYN,EOWYN,EOWYN!!!!! My top fav.!!! And also Aragorn(for obvious reasons) and Faramir, because he´s sort of my dream guy

That´s about it, I guess... oh, and I also really like Melian. She´s cool too. And the Turkey from Dude where´s my ring! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:10 PM   #46
ElfPrincess77

Shield

OMG- there is NO competition for my favorite character! LEGOLAS ALL DA WAY!!!! elves are the best race of all in LOTR!!! legolas is smart, wise, determined, *hot*, loyal, brave, *sexy* omg did i mention sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is the best- and i enjoy seeing him in da movies, and just reading his name in da books...... ahhh...... (im a bit obsessed....but there's nothing wrong with that!)
xox lataz
ps- feel free to post your own ideas about mah post, but please respect my opinion- ill respect yours... bubyez [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:13 PM   #47
Jesse
Animated Skeleton

Location: My home is in the Twin Cities, but my soul is at Loch Ness in Scotland
Jesse has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My favorite character without question is Gandalf the White. He has a powerful effect on me. I like him the best.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:52 PM   #48
Pherdacilion the Elf

Sting

My favorite character would have to be Bilbo. He is a respectable hobbit, never done anything exciting, and BOOM! He gets to(or rather is forced to) go on an adventure. He saves the dwarves lots of times with the Ring, outwits Gollum eventually with the riddle (question), visits Elrond, discovers Smaug's weakness, and becomes really rich!
What more do you want in a hero? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2003, 03:35 PM   #49
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Personaly, my fav was Legolas in the movies and the books.He is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
luin'loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #50
i*love*orli
Pile O'Bones

Location: Some place in Texas wishing that i was with orlando bloom
i*love*orli has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to i*love*orli
Eye

I have alot of characters that I like. Although I would have to say #1: Legolas (espically in the movie ) #2: Aragorn #3 Pippen. I like more than that...but the list would go on and on if i said them all [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2003, 07:25 PM   #51
harlindon
Animated Skeleton

harlindon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] There are sooo many cool characters in the LOTR.
My favorite right now is Aragorn. He just makes me sad. He gives up soo much, and his life seems to be one of grief. He is just a really cool guy(plus in the movie he is really umm...well sexy.) I also like Legolas ans Gimli, I think that it is funny how much they don't like each other in the beging and then they turn out to be really really good friends. Frodo is another one of my favs, He has to give up soo much. He has a really good life and when he gets the ring he just has to deal with all this greif and pain, it just makes me sad. I also like Gollum-he isn't as bad as he seems to me. He has had to go throuhg a lot, and its kinda not really his fault. There is a song from the TTT sound track i think it is called The fall of Sméagol but im not sure well anyways that song is so sad. Its like "where once was light, darkness lies." Its just really really sad. well thats bout it for right now. Bye People. Adios!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 05:57 AM   #52
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's called "Gollums Song" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's a very good song indeed, but I think it'd be better when it is sung by Enya and not by Emiliana... ooh well....
Old 01-31-2003, 08:08 PM   #53
i*love*orli
Pile O'Bones

Location: Some place in Texas wishing that i was with orlando bloom
i*love*orli has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to i*love*orli
Eye

for real, i wish enya would have sang that song. Oh well. Ive never heard of emiliana...so i guess its good that she got to sing for such a big 'shindig'
Old 01-31-2003, 08:45 PM   #54
Annúntindomeiel
Pile O'Bones

Annúntindomeiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aragorn, Pippin, Legolas, Elrond, Galadriel, Haldir
Old 01-31-2003, 08:47 PM   #55
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I would have to say Eowyn is my favorite character. She is one tough lady. I like that in a woman. Even though all the men tell her to stay at home, she disguises herself and rides off with the host. Then she fights with the Witch King to boot. You gotta love that.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:06 PM   #56
Onona Calimaelen

Eye

Legolas, hands down. I also like Elrond. I just like elves, really. You know, how excited Sam is about elves? Thats me, I love them. Legolas is just so....elvish. I love their aloofness and all about them.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:57 PM   #57
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

in the books my favoirite charecters had to be Eowyn, Faramier(sp), or Frodo, Glorfindel was cool

In the movies it was Gladriel, Elrond, Halidir, Legolas, Celeborn(i love elves), and any other elves i didnt mention

i also liked Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippen [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #58
Tate Aisling
Pile O'Bones

Tate Aisling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hiya! N00b here, so I thought I'd drop by and tell everyone who my favorite character. My favorite is Frodo. I mean, I couldn't help but practically fall in love with his character! He's small *not young, just short*, innocent, and helpless at times. But in his own way he's so strong. Stronger than all the characters in a way, because he was able to withstand the One Ring's power for so long, even though he did lose control at the very end. In my eyes, the other characters just don't seem to appeal to me as much as Frodo did. =^.^=;;
Tate Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #59
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

First age: Lalaith and Aredhel;
Second age: Tar-Miriel and Nimrodel;
Third age: Happy Couple, Faramir and Eowyn!

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
deagol
Pile O'Bones

deagol has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

When I first read the trilogy as a boy, my favorite character was Merry, primarily (I think) because Pippin seemed so desperately in need of a good hard slap throughout the saga and I always thought Merry was the logical character to give it to him (although he never did). Over the years my attitude toward Pippin has softened, but I still like Merry best of all the hobbits. I guess I don't really have a single "favorite" character anymore, although I usually answer, Eowyn, to this question, simply because she's the only woman of any depth in the entire epic.
deagol is offline   Reply With Quote