The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Admin Thread for WWLXII: Dead Men Do Tell Tales

Ahoy! Welcome to th' 62nd edition 'o Werewolf. 'Tis gunna be a wee bit 'o an experimental game. While th' roles gunna remain traditional, th' game itself gunna fight out much differently.

Th' famed Corsair ship Grey Gaurhoth commandeered by Cap'n 'Black Death' Brinn be 'bout to set sail from th' Haven 'o Umbar. But she still needs a crew. Th' followin' positions be available:

-First mate
-Quartermaster (second in command)
-Boatswain (oversees crew)
-Cabin boy
-Carpenter*
-Gunner*
-Pilot
-Powder Monkey (performs most dangerous tasks)*
-Sea Artist (navigator)
-Striker (hunter and gatherer)*
-Surgeon
-Cook
-Cooper
-Musician (specify which instrument)*

*Multiple players can sign up for these positions.

Like I said, th' roles gunna be fairly traditional, though they gunna fall under different names:

-3-4 aggressors (wolves)
-1 spy (seer)
-1 avenger (hunter)
-1 protector (ranger)
-2 co-conspirators (cobblers)
-the rest will be ordinary crewmembers

--

Rules/Guidelines (in English, for your convenience):

-The game will start with a Night phase (there will be no dream on Night 1).

-There will be no hints in the narration, so don’t even bother to look.

-No double lynches. In the case of a tie, the first to reach the most votes will be lynched.

-One retraction allowed per Day.

-Modfire will be awarded to anyone who does not vote for two consecutive Days.

-The protector can protect someone more than once, but not on consecutive Nights. He cannot protect himself.

-If the avenger is lynched or killed, he will take with him his pick regardless of role. The avenger makes a new pick every Day and Night phase. He is required to choose for each phase; if he does not, then his previous choice will be killed in the event of his death.

-While roleplay is not required, I would prefer you to do it for at least part of Day 1. You don’t have to be fluent in pirate speech to talk like a pirate, just stick your writing in a translator (that’s what I’m doing); there's several available online. (Suggestion: For those on Facebook, try changing your language setting to English (Pirate). It's good practice. ). You may roleplay and use pirate speech as much as you like, at the risk of irritating your fellow players.

Here’s the twist:

When each player is killed or lynched, his physical form passes on, but the ghost will remain. What does this mean? If you die, don’t think that the game is over for you because dead players are allowed to continue posting. As a ghost, you are technically no longer “in” the game, but you are still welcome to share your opinions and persuade the living players one way or another. Since you are dead, you do have limits:

-Ghosts are not allowed to vote.

-If a ghost has a special role, they can no longer put it to any use (for example: the seer cannot dream, aggressors cannot PM with their mates, etc). Of course even upon death, your alignments will remain the same.

-Ghosts do not count in the evil-innocent tally. Ghosts are dead and the tally is for the living.

-Ghosts are not required to post, but they are advised to.

-When a player dies, their role will not be revealed.

-When a player first dies, they become a ghost. But if they were to die again, they would no longer exist. Basically this means that the crew, aggressors, and avenger have the option to kill a player a second time if they choose, for whatever reasons. When a ghost is lynched or killed, they are no longer allowed to post and their role will be revealed.

--

Because this game is experimental, I am working to keep things as balanced as possible. Since the crew does have the advantage to assume that a Night kill is not an aggressor (unless the avenger dies), I decided to add a second conspirator. I also considered removing the role of protector, though I worried that may give too much advantage to the baddies. Anyway, I’m hoping it will work the way it is, but if anyone has a suggestion that could better balance the game, feel free to share and I’ll take it into consideration.

As of now, deadline will be 12am EST (4am GMT). If a lot of people have something against this deadline, I could change it give or take a few hours. But it’ll have to remain at sometime during late evening/night since I have to work during the day. Sorry about that, as I know it's a bit inconvenient for those across the pond.

Sign-ups begin as 'o now. Occupations be first come, first serve. Be sure to pick one before th' game begins, or I'll pick one fer ye. As each player signs up, ye'll be given a scurvy pirate nickname. If ye don't like it, that's just too darned bad (don't blame me, blame th' blasted name generator). But if ye can think 'o a better nickname, try me.

Thar were some scurvy dogs who showed interest in joinin' 'tis game back in th' main WW thread. I'll put them names under th' sign-up list assumin' ye're all fightin', so please let me be knowin' if ye've changed ye mind. I prefer to have a larger game; thar's no limit to how many players may sign up, though I would like at least 16 before I consider startin'. If we be off above 18, I will add a fourth aggressor.

Players:

-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook
-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin)
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

*snickers* Shiver me timbers, I lust name generators. 'O course ye guys don't have to use th' nicknames yourself, but they're definitely goin' into th' narrations.

Like what ye spy wit' ye eye? Then join, if ye dare, ye scurvy dogs. Arrr!!!

Last edited by Brinniel; 06-12-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shark Tooth Shasta's your first mate, Cap'n Brinn. Ye promised!

Also, the Avenger's a regular hunter, right?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Whinin' Bonny'll be scrapin' the strings o' a pur-loined vi o'lin. Taking requests 'n' butcherin' your favourites. Yar, sounds interesting, Black Death Brinn.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #4
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Cap'n, I be applyin' for the position o' navigator. I be experienced in the buccaneerin' life (See WWLX).
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Yarrr, Gangrenous I be, but me peg-leg can hold me enough to be yer Pilot, a-keepin' the Grey Gaurhoth on a course straight n' true.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
High-pitched Annu'll be yer surrrgeon, Cap'n Black Death! Sin'in' jolly songs while amputatin' yer limbs an' drainin' yer boils. Arrrrrr!!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tooth
Also, the Avenger's a regular hunter, right?
If a regular hunter be one that takes wit' them their pick, no matter their role, then yarr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whinin' Bonny
Whinin' Bonny'll be scrapin' the strings o' a pur-loined vi o'lin.
Shall 'tis pur-loined vi o 'lin be played as a classical vi o 'lin or as a fiddle? I must be knowin' whether I gunna be slow dancin' or doin' a jig.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Stutterin' Scab? Oh my....

I'll be the cook, unless someone already took it, can't really tell with all this pirate talk. I'm definitely gonna need to find me one of those online translators....

Game sounds interesting, I'm quite excited!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
hehe, just noticed that Nerwen is the navigator and she's Almost-Blind, .

We're all doomed.....
Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Infected? Infected with what?!!!

Okay, okay. Lommy the Infected will be the Quartermaster.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #11
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Oooooh I want to play! And I'll be a Powder Monkey, it sounds nice.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Playing please! This looks like a great game!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Ooh nasty wilwa you, I was going to snatch the cook, to make sure I get the best food...you best be havin' chicken on this ship.

No bother though, I guess since I am malformed, it only be proper that...I be th' gunner and which one o'ye dogs tookst me blunderbuss?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh question about the roles/ghost thing...If the seer is killed is she/he allowed to come back as a ghost and say "I'm the seer this is what I know?"
Old 06-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Shall 'tis pur-loined vi o 'lin be played as a classical vi o 'lin or as a fiddle? I must be knowin' whether I gunna be slow dancin' or doin' a jig.
You'll be doin' neither, lass, for the wailing screeches o' thon vi -o'lin will invoke all the treachery and grief of the cruel, cruel sea. Stole it from a crippled nobleman on one o' them thar Caribbean islands along wi' 'is coat, 'is jewels, and 'is woman. Jewels got stolen in turn near West Africa; the woman jumped overboard not long after; and all I gots is my haunting music.

Arrr... as to the question o' thon malformity, I suppose the Seer will very well be able to reveal all secrets o' his or her past life.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #16
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Avast. Count me in as a powder monkey.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
hehe, just noticed that Nerwen is the navigator and she's Almost-Blind, .

We're all doomed.....
Arr, me hearty, all the other navigators be in the same boat. Barely a one of us be not half-blind from daily sightings o' the sun wi' his cross-staff. It be an occupational hazard.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Arr, me hearty, all the other navigators be in the same boat. Barely a one of us be not half-blind from daily sightings o' the sun wi' his cross-staff. It be an occupational hazard.
What do ye think th' purpose o' an eyepatch be? 'Tis 'to make sure ye be havin' at least one good eye!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
If yer blindness leads us astray, I'll not take the blame. I be just movin' the wheel.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #20
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow would like t' be t' surgeon o' t' crew. I have a feelin' thar will be plenty o' work for that one, though little hope o' success.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Count me in Brinn!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #22
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow would like t' be t' surgeon o' t' crew. I have a feelin' thar will be plenty o' work for that one, though little hope o' success.
Ye can start on me legs.

*checks to see what be left*

Arrrr, I be another of them music playin' folk, unless I be getting something better to spend me time on. Me legs, they make good drum sticks until Mac or Annu be sewing 'em back on.

(How was that? I did it myself, so feel free to make fun. )

(Oh, and I may change, but I wanted to make the joke about the legs)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oops... I overlooked that we already had a surgeon... sign me up as cooper, then.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Bos'n McCaber reportin' for wolfin' duty, Captain.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Lommy
Infected? Infected with what?!!!
I don't be knowin'. Scurvy? Malaria? Leprosy? Could be any one 'o them...or perhaps all 'o them. Take ye pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
And I'll be a Powder Monkey, it sounds nice.
Nice? I wouldn't shout that. Powder Monkeys be said to have th' worst ship 'o th' crew 'n not treated much better than slaves. But avast, thar, all th' better fer me when a scallywag actually volunteers fer such an undesirable ship. Harrharr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Boromir
I guess since I am malformed, it only be proper that...I be th' gunner
Arrr, then should I even dare ask how ye came to be malformed? I woe ye have jolly aim; I don't want no misfired cannons on me ship, ye hear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Boromir
Oh question about the roles/ghost thing...If the seer is killed is she/he allowed to come back as a ghost and say "I'm the seer this is what I know?"
Yarr. But 'tis up to th' crew to decide if they believe 'tis self-proclaimed spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whinin' Bonny
You'll be doin' neither, lass, for the wailing screeches o' thon vi -o'lin will invoke all the treachery and grief of the cruel, cruel sea.
Then it be a jolly thin' I brought along cotton fer me ears. Pur-loined violin it gunna be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legless Sally
Then it be a jolly thin' I brought along cotton fer me ears. Pur-loined violin it gunna be.
Sounds to me ye need a carpenter, not a surgeon. We be havin' none yet, but surely thar's some scallywag who can make ye some fine peglegs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snifflin' Mac
Oops... I overlooked that we already had a surgeon..
Yarrr, indeed we do. One surgeon be quite that all I can take, if even that. 'Cuz ye be knowin' a carpenter or cook can just as easily saw off a pegleg any day, if need be. Cooper ye shall be.

Now if ye hold on a wee longer, I shall update th' crew list shortly.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #26
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well Cap'n, you've got yourself a striker.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #27
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sign me up for Boatswain please.

Powder Monkey sounded fun... until you elaborated. xD
Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Arrr, then should I even dare ask how ye came to be malformed? I woe ye have jolly aim; I don't want no misfired cannons on me ship, ye hear?
My aim be true, Cap'n. A horn swogglin' bilge rat on th' last crew I be on did nay tie down th' canon properly an' 't furled back on me aft firin'
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #29
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Sign me up for Boatswain please.
There already be a bos'n aboard this vessel. Perhaps one more step down the chain for ye...
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Aye, wench, the bosun's berth be claimed by Slippery McCabbie Dagger back at post #24.

Ye ha' a choice o' Cabin Boy, Carpenter, Gunner, Powder Monkey or Musician (as long as ye don't play the drums or the purloined violin).

If you'll cast a weather-eye over the crew, you'll see we be needin' a carpenter and a cabin boy the most.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #31
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
There already be a bos'n aboard this vessel. Perhaps one more step down the chain for ye...
Apologies, me laddie. 'Twas probably me fault. 'Tis be a long day 'n me tired eye must've missed it. But I'll be fixin' th' error 'o me ways.

Arrr!! Thar still be other crew positions available, me Ham-Hands lass. Be off on 'n pick one ye like to take.

We be havin' a nice big crew already, but it can be bigger. Sign up now if ye wish to join. Spaces be unlimited, but time be not. I wasn't plannin' to start th' game 'til th' shore leave, but wit' such great turnout it be sooner. No set date yet, but th' game won't start any later than Friday nightfall, that I promise!

Now time fer me to turn in 'n get some shut eye.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #32
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

Maybe.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #33
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ar a crew position! That be one thing I didn't think of. I'll take up that there post of musician, I play a mean pipe.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #34
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I could be a gunner with Boro.

Watch out you merchant-ships!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #35
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yarr! If this game be startin' after th' Friday then a'll join yer crew Cap'n Black Breath!

edit: Actually, if it starts on Friday it's fine by me.

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-09-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #36
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Oops... I overlooked that we already had a surgeon... sign me up as cooper, then.
Read that thar word as cobbler, me hearty!

PS. It's more fun not to use a translator.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #37
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Arr.

If you still be in need o' a cabin boy, and don't partikilarly mind if he be neither male nor young, sign me up, cap'n. Garrr. Arrrgh. *cough* *sputter*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #38
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hey ya cap'n, we really need this young chap! He's... erm... she's even more fashionably late than I was...

Does it mean she's truly avant-garde to be even later or just outfashioned?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #39
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Our crew has gotten large enough that we have need fer a second cook. Jolly thin' we have Short Ruth Mith comin' on aboard our ship. I hear she be known to make a mean salmagundi.

Thar be still room fer more hands on th' Grey Gaurhoth. We cannot set sail 'til thar be at least one carpenter enlisted (though a pair or more would be even better). After all, carpenter be one 'o th' most important 'o occupations. I cannot let me ship fall into disrepair. I could also still use more strikers. Wee use be a pair 'o cooks if thar be only one scurvy dog doin' th' huntin'.

Thar be spaces left fer more gunners 'n powder monkeys as well, though I prefer to have some hands sign up fer carpenter 'n striker first. We have plenty 'o musicians, so I gunna take no more fer th' time bein', unless someone can impress me wit' a jolly audition.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #40
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Cap'n Brinn, if ye be needin' a carp'nt'r I could always use to be makin' meself a pair of legs!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote