The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
rmjones0411
Newly Deceased

rmjones0411 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Intro

Hi all,

I'm a member who joined the forum long ago (circa 2009) to ask a question about making a character in LotRO. The community response was very helpful and gracious at the time, especially for someone who was so obviously a Tolkien novice. I then disappeared for awhile. I was reminded of the forum when I quite unexpectedly received a birthday email message this year.

I'm 33 years old, currently in my 3rd professional year of pharmacy school. I am married with 3 children. I'm one of the folks who may be a target of some largely unexpressed but quite appropriate irritation among the more well-read and knowledgeable in the Tolkien community because my interest in Middle Earth was mostly borne from experiencing the famed movie Trilogy by Peter Jackson. That said, I've always had an interest in fantasy, swords, and sorcery which dates back to getting a copy of the original MERP game in the early 1990s, though I could never find anyone interested enough to do a proper play-through. I'm currently working on my second time through the Hobbit. I've never completed the Trilogy, though I hope to do this when I have more time for reading that doesn't involve pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and drug therapeutics. I have a copy of the Silmarillion but I have a lot of trouble following the stories, though I'm sure they are fascinating!

With a short intro out of the way, I just want to say that I really appreciate the Barrow Downs community and hope to participate in some interesting discussions. Thanks for reading!
rmjones0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome, mrjones. It's good to have you here. I wouldn't be surprised though to see this thread deleted, since there is already one established for introductions.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
rmjones0411
Newly Deceased

rmjones0411 has just left Hobbiton.
Error

Sorry about that. I went ahead and reposted in the correct forum. Thanks for the heads up!
rmjones0411 is offline   Reply With Quote