The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
No, not paranoid. Silly.

Seriously, if there was one serious word in that suspicion list I'm a better singer than Luthien. Same goes for all the joking to follow.

It's almost a tradition for someone to make joke-suspicion lists on the "morning" of Day 1, just for laughs. It's fun. And yes, I was lazy this time, so I didn't make one for everyone. And if I wouldn't have made it, someone else probably would have.
Quote:
Nate jokingly accuses me, but I don't get it, so I reply in all earnesty. Misunderstanding settled.
Jumpy much?

Really, though, that much defensiveness about a Day 1, semi-IC post (from a first-time player, no less) makes me think that you might have something to hide. G55 just jumped to the top of my suspect list.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Anyway, my goal in this crew is to be the Gary Oldman as seen in Red Riding Hood. Have some fun with it, possibly be dramatically over-acting, but key point being, one rockin' bad wolf...erm BN...finder. It probably doesn't help if no one's seen it...wouldn't blame them, because crap movie, but seriously Oldman makes it worth watching.
Err - your goal is to be bad at hunting wolves? I sincerely hope not. (And yes, that movie is crap, but Oldman is good fun and I won't deny Jeremy Irons' son is a cutie. )

Ahem. Back on topic - the back-and-forth between Agan and Boro is very interesting. I'm reserving judgment on both for now; I want to see a bit more before making up my mind. On one hand, my gut says Boro is genuine enough (though I remember saying this before and remember, also, promising never to trust him again) and knowing him, he might really have spotted something others didn't. On the other hand, if there was something to spot in Agan's post I clearly missed it and, also knowing Boro, he might just try and pull off an easy Agan lynch (her being a relatively popular Day 1 lynch anyway), starting with a suspicion he has no need of argumenting any further than some secret code he managed to crack. It is also possible that they are both genuinely innocent, meaning that Boro found a lead that isn't actually there. So, as yet, I'm undecided.

EDIT: x-ed with Lottie
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #43
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien The Beatles

I have now read through all the posts twice without coming up with much, this can hopefully be attributed to it being day1 and the excessive silliness that has become the trade mark of the rangers(and not to any lack of skill on my part).

I found myself increasingly annoyed with the banter and random silliness, which was taken much too far. I think that both Nogrod and Aganzir’s frustrations are completely understandable and that we need to pull our selves together.

Boromir’s
argument that it is entirely possible to have fun, be overdramatic and play a serious game of werewolf at the same time does have some merit. However until recently, the seriousness that was supposed to lie behind the silliness has been hard to spot.

Pommy’s
(I am used to Lommy playing in these games, so you will have to serve as a substitute) joke-accusation against Galadriel was of course a banality, but a breath of fresh air. It for a brief moment changed the discourse and we were actually being productive and generating material worth analysing.

Thoughts such as those expressed by Aganzir and Lottie can of course be dismissed as attempts at “easy” lynches, but based on what has happened so far they seem quite reasonable.

Personally I don’t like the way BomT made excuses for his voting future voting pattern in a post otherwise written in jest. I am probably over critical, because of how annoyed I got reading through all the jesting again.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-14-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Layout was messed-up
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #44
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rune, do you have any suggestions of what we could bounce talk of? There's the Agan-Boro matter, but they didn't come to elaborate yet. It's good to say "let's talk seriously", but you also have to consider that there's hardly anything to talk seriously of.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I actually do agree with Lottie in her accusation of G55:s jumpiness, adding to her material G55:s reaction to Agan's comment:

Quote:
You weren't serious in the list, though. Not entirely, right? Right?
I can understand that's half-joking, but it exists anyway. And besides, Agan wasn't even saying she would've voted for her. Not that it would be anything but someone not wanting to fall out of the game on the first day, it's still, I think, more suspicious than anything else we have.

Except Boro's accusation on Agan, which seems strangely serious at this point of the game. With the decision not to reveal what he saw, it's definitely curious. I'm not sure what to make of it, however, not just yet.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Starting here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Err - your goal is to be bad at hunting wolves? I sincerely hope not.
Touche, but you can't judge a fellow's career based on one instance of failing. And note, I did not say hunt, but find...slightly different, but different none the less. (And intentionally different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Explanations please!
Patience. There was never any doubt I would explain (and Agan knows this as well), but the doubt is when will I? I've probably seen about as much reaction from others as can be hoped for so...Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
However I'll be around to finish the dance later because a friend just came over and is making impatient noises in the kitchen.
Oh, we are dancing now? *secretly fist pumps* I should hope I'm better than last time we danced, or I dare say this will end badly for the both of us, but mostly for me.

So, guessing that Agan really was moderately annoyed by the early day behavior, but also knowing even if she was it wouldn't point either to being a BN or innocent I wanted to inquire further. And since she loves drilling us slacks into shape, I knew her post would be the first with any real meaning or relevance. Which is always a good thing, and it's what I love about Agan in these situations, but again, it wouldn't point either to BN or innocent. To BN or not to BN? That is the question.

Now the post did strike me as suspicious enough to comment on it. As I said, the mock vote statement, is part of it, but not all. Instead of revealing all of it immediately, I wanted to draw attention to the post and get other responses to it. What better way than to give a teaser and then a vague "you see it!" Because while I am suspicious, I can not actually know the answer of the million dollar question, and it would pain me awfully to see Agan be lynched so soon on the chance that I was wrong.

So the full explanation, of the classic BN attempt. Knowing Agan wanted to cut the garbage and get down to business, then her lists would be more meaningful than G55's list of randomness (no offense G55, just meaning I can deduce Agan's reactions and feelings on people, because there's more meaning going into her list). And believe it or not, it's actually what she says about G55:

Quote:
Galadriel55. Says Bom is guilty of making jokes when he starts making them. Does this mean she didn't take it as a joke when he said he's wolves with her and sally? Encouraged by Boro, she takes her guilty accusations of randomness entirely too far.
And then her reaction to Pomegranate:

Quote:
Pomegranate. Contrary to what G55 suggested (jumpy are we?), I don't believe her first post was entirely serious. Not voting for her either because it's her fist game and all.
(bolding my emphasis)

Combine that with what she says at the end:

Quote:
If I had to vote right now, I'd be willing to go for one of those who have been posting mock votes. Namely Bom, Glirdan or sally.
And we have the classic "let me give you all some suspicions, see which ones stick, but distract you with threatening to vote those who are being less helpful at the moment" trick. That is to say, you were willing to vote based on either being annoyed, or to scare Bom, Glirdan, and sally into shaping up and NOT based on suspicions...yet you did the whole "let me give you some suspicions" thing well enough. And it seems to have worked since Lottie has now jumped on your comment about G55 being "jumpy"...wow we are a jumping bunch today.

Quote:
Anyway I dare to hope you know me better than to say I would take the quick & easy way as a BN.
Hmm...perhaps, you do certainly love the challenge. But, you would know I can be a good challenge...unless we actually are dancing. But I don't mean "classic and quick" as a slight upon your shining brilliance, if indeed you are a BN. Because you know I would do the same...that is lynching and killing based on emotions, annoyance, and who's getting on my nerve.

Quote:
Now I know Boro is Boro and does all weird kinds of stuff on Day 1, but I don't know what to make of his attack against me. He should know I'm not one to try and do classic BN tricks in my first post (emphasis on 'try' - either I pull them off properly, or don't do them at all). So who's the one looking for an easy prey?
Not looking for easy prey, my dear, looking to see if 1) I could get a read on you and 2) if I could get some attention to your post, and thus get others to look at it, comment, react and in turn get a read on them.

And in that way for 1) If I correctly read you are a BN than based on 2) I can get some other commenting on my correct suspicions, ergo, it will help me figure them out.

But if for 1) my initial impression was incorrect, I would hope you could assuage my suspicions by responding (and I knew you would respond) than based on 2) I could see if anyone jumped onto my reasoning...which I left purposefully vague at the time to see how some might react. Make sense?

I admit, it may be cruel, because it must feel like I've used you as bait, and well, to use one of your marvelous talents as bait might have been a waste. But that way I see it is, feel privileged because if you aren't a BN than we both agree you are a witch...and using witches as bait is perfectly legal. But mainly I took it as you were essentially giving me permission in your first post, because of what I saw as suspicious behavior. (Detailed above and in my previous post).

Edit: crossed with Rune, G55, and Pomegranate

(See what I mean Agan? Lottie jumps at your jumpy comment, and now Pomegranate follows Lottie)
Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My sweet prince Boro never fails to amaze me.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #48
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
(See what I mean Agan? Lottie jumps at your jumpy comment, and now Pomegranate follows Lottie)
You know, I didn't even realize that I was following Agan's comment when I said mine until I saw that bolded in your post! It's the sort of thing you pass over when reading the rest of the post, but sticks in your mind...now I'm wondering if my thinking G55 suspicious was even my idea in the first place, or just my subconcious picking that up.

EDIT: xed with Teh Cupcake
Old 01-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #49
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boro, I see what you mean now. But still, it's hard for me not to think that that post of Agan's was a bit of a joke. Just look at it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
GUILTY
Bom. Chaotic Evil doesn't sit well with defending the Realm of Men from the threat of Mordor.
Teasing.

Quote:
Boromir88. Puts a personal grudge ahead of giving Pithwivion a respectable burial.
IC

Quote:
Galadriel55. Says Bom is guilty of making jokes when he starts making them. Does this mean she didn't take it as a joke when he said he's wolves with her and sally? Encouraged by Boro, she takes her guilty accusations of randomness entirely too far.
The first point is invalid. The second is true, but doesn't say anything.

Quote:
Greenie. She's in the other wolf pack.
Their silly inside joke.

After looking at this it was hard for me to take all the rest (innocent and either) seriously, until I reached the part where she said she'll vote the mock-voters. That got me confused. Agan, where were you serious and where were you not?

Edit: xed with Lottie and sally
Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #50
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So Boro is doing his standard Day 1 scheming. Or so he says in his last about the deal with Agan. Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I have now read through all the posts twice without coming up with much, this can hopefully be attributed to it being day1 and the excessive silliness that has become the trade mark of the rangers(and not to any lack of skill on my part).
I can relate to this. Yes, Day 1 is a customary time for goofy asides, but this seems to be over the top this time. Right Sally and G55?

Quote:
Pommy’s (I am used to Lommy playing in these games, so you will have to serve as a substitute) joke-accusation against Galadriel was of course a banality, but a breath of fresh air. It for a brief moment changed the discourse and we were actually being productive and generating material worth analysing.
As a random observation about Pom/Nate, (s)he (clarification, please?) seems to have fallen into the rythm of things very well.

Quote:
Personally I don’t like the way BomT made excuses for his voting future voting pattern in a post otherwise written in jest. I am probably over critical, because of how annoyed I got reading through all the jesting again.
Not that it means anything at this point, but Bom has a habit of doing things like that.

x/d with G55
Old 01-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For goodness' sake....

Is PomPom a guy or a girl? (Ha. I found an obvious yet new option.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #52
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Is PomPom a guy or a girl? (Ha. I found an obvious yet new option.)
Ooh! I like.

Also, I'm guessing the fact that (s)he chose the name Nate over Meg indicates maleness, but that's not a foolproof way of telling.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
PomPom
YES!

Edit: xed with Lottie
Old 01-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #54
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
An interesting theory put forth by Boromir...

It would be brilliant of BN Aganzir to do what you described, yet when I read through her post in that context I find that it is too subtle.
"(jumpy are we?)" Would be the only thing put forth that might make the reader think twice about possible suspicions.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-14-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: copy pasting from word made it look weird.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
My sweet prince Boro never fails to amaze me.
I live for it, I would request from you what are your general impressions on Agan and G55. But all I really want is your vote (and for the nasty 'Downs not to delete it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
You know, I didn't even realize that I was following Agan's comment when I said mine until I saw that bolded in your post! It's the sort of thing you pass over when reading the rest of the post, but sticks in your mind...now I'm wondering if my thinking G55 suspicious was even my idea in the first place, or just my subconcious picking that up.
Ha, surprisingly I can actually believe that. It looks honest, at least, but I suppose a BN could miss it just as easily as anyone else. Still, won't trouble myself with that today.

Quote:
Boro, I see what you mean now. But still, it's hard for me not to think that that post of Agan's was a bit of a joke. Just look at it:
Now surely, one who was actively annoyed by the silly unproductivity of the early posts would not add further to it by making joke suspicions? Look at Nog, his post, griped and then bowed out. He admits it added nothing to the productivity, but in fact it actually makes Nog look innocent to me. He said his griping about how the start was entirely too silly, but did not add to the behavior. Don't you see it?

Can't have it both ways here. And thus, if one is annoyed by the sillyness, than they aren't going to ADD to it. Now, Agan's obviously not going to vote anyone on her guilty list based on what she said in her first post...no certainly not. But that doesn't mean she wasn't serious in where she put people on her list. She will certainly change her mind (or at least act like she's changing her mind) as the day continues, but you can see the difference between your "list" and hers...yes?

You gave irrelevant and random suspecting of everyone. Agan, being annoyed by the behavior, took what was already posted and used it to form her list. There is certainly a rationale behind it, otherwise she would have no business complaining about the early day shenanigans.

Edit: crossed with everyone after #49
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #56
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I live for it, I would request from you what are your general impressions on Agan and G55. But all I really want is your vote (and for the nasty 'Downs not to delete it!)
A vote. But for whom?

Quote:
Now surely, one who was actively annoyed by the silly unproductivity of the early posts would not add further to it by making joke suspicions? Look at Nog, his post, griped and then bowed out. He admits it added nothing to the productivity, but in fact it actually makes Nog look innocent to me. He said his griping about how the start was entirely too silly, but did not add to the behavior. Don't you see it?
I see it, and I understand why her post could have been serious, unlike mine. But at the same time, how can you be serious if you accuse people for being "chaotic evil" for, or accuse in character (about the burial)? If Agan really wanted to add serious content, wouldn't she be doing it seriously?

I'm confused.

Agan, just tell me please where were you serious so I can finally put this issue in the "understood, done, and over with" box.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #57
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So we're finally into the actual "discussion" part of Day 1? Lovely.

What I've seen thus far is Boro being his typical manipulative self, Agan being annoyed (can hardly blame her), and G55 being under the spotlight today.

I must say I agree with most of what Rune has said; at least, that we have the same sentiments.

I did notice something that G55 said earlier that reminds me terribly of a ploy I've used as a wolf - near the beginning, she tried to get people to drop the subject in a "okay, done, move it along folks, nothing to see here" kind of way. That much is just an observation, but I know it's something I've done as a wolf when I felt like too much heat was about to be focused my way.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 01-14-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: x'ed with G55
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #58
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, look, she did it again!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #59
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Blrrrrg. Day 1's . . . even once serious discussion starts, I can never keep them straight.

We dursn't like Shasta, no, precious, we dursn't like him at all. Nice G55 just seems to want answers and avoid misunderstandings (nasty, nassssty misunderstandings) to me - so would we, were we less busy reveling in the chaos.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #60
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Aganzir: I don't understand if I should take her seriously or not. I don't want to judge her until she explains everything properly.

A Little Green: sounds sincere.

Boromir88: either an Einstein BN or an Einstein innocent. Raises a good point against Agan, but not a decisive one by any means, and definitely not one to make me "strongly suspect" her.

Inziladun: gives the impression of commenting on things without involving himself anywhere. Pokes here and there but stays aloof. This behaviour unnerves me.

Loslote: suspects me based on what Agan said but doesn't realise Agan's post was feeding her ideas. Sounds genuine.

Pomegranate: repeats well the suspicions others have said. Could be that she truly agrees with them and just has nothing different to say, or could be a wolf getting leg-ups. Anyways, s/he has a pass for toDay.

Rune: something ticks me off about him. Maybe I'm just not used to his playing style yet, since it's our first game together. The vibes comming from him are not good.

satansaloser2005: lots o' posts, little to go off of. Typical sally. No opinion as yet.

Shasta: suspects me (wrongly, but not unreasonably). Has a legitimate argument.

Bom, Glirdan, Nogrod: More posts please!

Looking at that, I will not be voting (based on current information): Lottie, Nate/Pom, Shasta.

I might be voting: Rune, Zil.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #61
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

So, I kind of just been hit with an unexpected backslap of bad news. I'll be ok as far as continuing on with the game, but at the moment I seriously can't focus and don't want to spend the next few hours fighting with myself to try to stay focused.

I'd feel wrong voting for anyone under these circumstances. The most suspicious to me has been Agan, but I've been holding off to wait and hear her response before actually deciding on a vote.

Next would probably be Inzil, I just think he's playing sly and careful right now. As if he's waiting around to see which way the winds are blowing before committing anything more sincere. Which always gives me BN-ish vibes.

I'd like it not at all if sally or G55 gets lynched, but that's based on general impression and feelings of innocence and not on any strong reasoning.

That's all. Sorry everyone.

Edit: crossed with G55
Old 01-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm sorry to hear that, Boro. I hope it works out in the end.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #63
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Boro, hope you're okay, you shouldn't stress about this.

I did actually consciously notice Agan's comment about jumpiness. I had noted that myself, being the one G55 jumped at, but didn't consider it worthy of mentioning, thinking it was more my lack of being able to emphasise my jokes than anything else. With the second comment to Agan's lists she raised my suspicion level by acting again in the somewhat panicked, if only half-serious manner. I did borrow the word from Lommie and Agan, but I genuinely did think about the suspicion myself.

Have to love Boro's theory, and I would think it would've been a wonderful plot from Agan, if it were. I'm not sure about either of them, and I want to hear Agan's reaction to all this. However, as I had noticed the jumpi-ness myself as well, I see that as a reasonable comment, which doesn't too strongly imply to her as being a BN.

I don't have the time to go through all of you, but I was disturbed by Bom's pretty uninformative post, went through the day and realised all her posts were pretty similar - not commenting anything or anyone strongly enough to raise suspicion/attention, but frequent enough for it to seem she's actively around. Now I don't know the normal playing techniques of everyone, so I can't know if that's just her/his way, but to me it gives a bad vibe. Though now I'm obviously playing on the same 'vibe' level as she is. However, maybe I could get something more out of her by this.

Oh, and PomPom/Nate/Pommy is a she and dislikes the name Meg in general. Thank you for all of these.

edit. I should preview these, I am so bad in this bolding thing.

Last edited by Pomegranate; 01-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #64
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Blrrrrg. Day 1's . . . even once serious discussion starts, I can never keep them straight.

We dursn't like Shasta, no, precious, we dursn't like him at all. Nice G55 just seems to want answers and avoid misunderstandings (nasty, nassssty misunderstandings) to me - so would we, were we less busy reveling in the chaos.
So why bother trying, amirite?

So, Bom doesn't like me from the very first statement of the game I make. Color me surprised. He also doesn't say why... but then, I suppose that's hardly surprising either.

Anyway.

Boro, I hope whatever's troubling you goes away.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #65
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I have remained quiet for a while due to Boromir’s theory. My initial reaction to his theory was that it was a case of over-analyzing relatively mundane day1 suspicions. This was probably fuelled by the fact, that my initial reaction to Aganzir’s post was one of understanding.

However Boromir have managed to argue his case very well, especially his focus on the contradictions and borrowed elements in Aganzir’s post made me think twice. Should I abandon my initial feeling about Aganzir on the basis of a day1 analysis, that only really deal with a single post? I think I will decide against it, at least until further developments have taken place.

Boromir’s case is good and I definitely have good feeling about him, but Aganzir’s post strikes me as a typical first post. Of course one a first post can be the basis of a lynch and there definitely are some unanswered questions about the post, but I want to see more before voting for Aganzir. It is much more likely that I will vote for a person like Sally or BomT, both of which fails at being constructive in my opinion (so far).

Old 01-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #66
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
I did borrow the word from Lommie and Agan, but I genuinely did think about the suspicion myself.
Do you mean Lottie? Lommy/Lommie isn't playing in this game, and she's a completely different person (Thinlomien)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
I don't have the time to go through all of you, but I was disturbed by Bom's pretty uninformative post, went through the day and realised all her posts were pretty similar
Bom's a him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
Now I don't know the normal playing techniques of everyone, so I can't know if that's just her/his way, but to me it gives a bad vibe. Though now I'm obviously playing on the same 'vibe' level as she is. However, maybe I could get something more out of her by this.
Bom is usually like that, but normally he jokes around more. In the past 3 or so games Day1 was purely an argument of whether we should suspect him based on his joking manner.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-14-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: fixed formatting
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #67
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pithwivion's ghost makes a brief apparition

Quote:
So, I kind of just been hit with an unexpected backslap of bad news.
I hope it'll all turn out allright, Boro. You're excused for the Day as far as I'm concerned.

Everybody else: as you were.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #68
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
On one hand, my gut says Boro is genuine enough
Boro is never genuine. No matter what his role, he always has something up his sleeve and is no good to trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
he might just try and pull off an easy Agan lynch (her being a relatively popular Day 1 lynch anyway)
Am not!

Quote:
Oh, we are dancing now? *secretly fist pumps* I should hope I'm better than last time we danced, or I dare say this will end badly for the both of us, but mostly for me.
Let's hope so.

Quote:
So the full explanation, of the classic BN attempt. Knowing Agan wanted to cut the garbage and get down to business, then her lists would be more meaningful than G55's list of randomness
I hate to disappoint you, but I'm afraid it isn't a lot better than Gal's. The difference is, she based it on things that had little or nothing to do with the actual gameplay while I used things people had said themselves. It's more to demonstrate that even though more than half the day had passed, there was no content whatsoever; and if I had had to vote then, I would've been forced to base it on IC stuff.
In answer to Gal: the list itself is serious (except what I said about Greenie). However it's also very indifferent, I never bothered to take pains to draw connections between things & people because I could have gathered pretty much nothing from it. It's not like I actually suspected you four at the moment. I wanted suspects, and you fit there the most easily. Do you see what I mean if I say it wasn't a joke, but it wasn't serious-serious either?

Quote:
That is to say, you were willing to vote based on either being annoyed, or to scare Bom, Glirdan, and sally into shaping up and NOT based on suspicions...yet you did the whole "let me give you some suspicions" thing well enough.
Fair enough.

Quote:
I admit, it may be cruel, because it must feel like I've used you as bait
It's not - I knew what you were up to, and I know you know, having done it before, that I don't mind being used for the greater good. At least as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Quote:
That's pretty much everything there is to werewolf, especially on day 1s. Someone gets the idea and half the people follow it. I'm not sure I agree with those who said this sounds genuine. Humble, yes, but I think it could go either way.

I accidentally scratched my eye and now it hurts. Just felt like sharing this with you because it's never happened before during these 8 years of long nails.

Quote:
After looking at this it was hard for me to take all the rest (innocent and either) seriously, until I reached the part where she said she'll vote the mock-voters. That got me confused. Agan, where were you serious and where were you not?
Actually, the list was more serious than saying I'd vote for the mock-voters. If no one has said anything of value, then I have to do with the random stuff if I want to suspect somebody.

Aww Boro I hope everything is ok! *snuggles*

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-14-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: xed since Shasta
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #69
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm trying to get my brain around making a serious joke list. So you wanted to make a serious one but had nothing to go off of so made up random opinions?

I'll get it eventually.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #70
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

It's strangely quiet for an hour before DL. Who's votimg whom?

My opinion about Zil and Rune hasn't changed, but these are likely to be throwaways. But what's a throwaway if everyone puts a random name down at the last second?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #71
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I like what Rune says. His reasoning is clear and makes sense - plus I agree with a lot of it.

G55 still tips my wolf-dar, partially because of the jumpy thing earlier (I know it's probably a pick-up from Agan's post, but that doesn't make it any less valid a point) and partially because her posts so far seem like they're contributing, but when you look closer, they aren't actually that helpful - clarifying Lottie vs Lommie, Bom's gender, and asking Agan to clarify which bits are serious...in I believe five separate posts, which ended up just keeping the question open without ever adding anything new to it. It seems to me like she's trying to appear helpful without actually contributing.

PomeNate is doing exceptionally well for a newbie. Kudos.

Shasta and Boro, for now, feel very much like their normal, innocent selves. Obviously not going to pass them off as definitely innocent, but I feel comfortable with not focusing my attention on them too much yet.

I can never read Agan, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing too horrifingly Mordorian going on in her posts as of yet.

Anyone else needs to post more so I can get a read on them. *coughBom*cough*Sally*cough*Zil*cough*Greenie*cough*Glirdy*cough*Nog*cough*

EDIT: xed with two G55s. Would that be a 2G110?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #72
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm trying to get my brain around making a serious joke list. So you wanted to make a serious one but had nothing to go off of so made up random opinions?

I'll get it eventually.
If I say it was neither serious nor a joke, it obviously can't be a serious joke list. Anyway I really don't see your issue with this. You seemed to take it as a joke until Boro said it's not, and you've made quite a fuss about it ever since. You also make me sound like I really really wanted to make a list because lists are the ultimate thing to do, or something (in other words, your interpretation of my actions is rather unflattering ).

You're also starting to sound like Greenie. In a bad way. In a way that eventually makes me fight her every time we play together. You can take it as a compliment if you like.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-14-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: xed with G55 & Lottie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #73
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
It's strangely quiet for an hour before DL. Who's votimg whom?
I'm actually thinking about voting for you. It's partly your strange insistence on my list, partly your slight jumpiness (compared to everyone else), and partly what Lottie just said about your helpfulness without contributing a lot.

I'll try to get my thoughts in order.

By the way Lottie, I totally cracked up at 2G110.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #74
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Just returned from watching my daughter cheer a basketball game, and catching up.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #75
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

We've got another two hours, right? Or do I have DL wrong?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #76
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
G55 still tips my wolf-dar, partially because of the jumpy thing earlier (I know it's probably a pick-up from Agan's post, but that doesn't make it any less valid a point) and partially because her posts so far seem like they're contributing, but when you look closer, they aren't actually that helpful - clarifying Lottie vs Lommie, Bom's gender, and asking Agan to clarify which bits are serious...in I believe five separate posts, which ended up just keeping the question open without ever adding anything new to it. It seems to me like she's trying to appear helpful without actually contributing.
Indeed, the last few posts were quite empty. All of them, if you consider stretching an argument over many posts one thing. But do you have suggestions for some talk?

This Day1 is even quieter than Day Ones usually are. There's usually some morsel that everyone chews on until DL, but here the only thing we have to discuss is Boro's accusation and Agan's defense. That was the only "big thing". It seems that Agan was being Agan and Boro was being Oldman. That's settled. Now what?

I hope to be more helpful when there's something to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
EDIT: xed with two G55s. Would that be a 2G110?
No, it would be that I have been cloned.

Edit: xed since #71
Old 01-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #77
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
We've got another two hours, right? Or do I have DL wrong?
One. Look at the time-stamps of my posts opening N1 and D1 - that's DL.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #78
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
One. Look at the time-stamps of my posts opening N1 and D1 - that's DL.
That explains why people are starting to state lynch options already! In that case, the only real suspect I've got toDay is G55, so I'll probably vote her.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #79
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Gah!!! I am terribly sorry for my lack of talking. Even though I have access in the palm of my hands at all times, it is terribly difficult to do anything involving reading on a phone.

I've been keeping up as much as possible with this hindrance, but only with some of the conversations., the main being between Agan and Boro, and even that is very shoddy as I have been quite busy since the Day started.

Now, I am not sure what to think concerning Agan and Boro. When I re-read Agan's first post after Boro voiced his initial concer of her, I found nothing overly suspicious in it myself. Actually, being the first to start any real form of discussion, I'd rather like to believe the opposite of Agan. However, with Boro gone for the Day, I would rather leave this and let it settle, at least for toDay, to let him gather his thoughts and deal with whatever happened. (and Boro, take the time you need my friend to deal with whatever happened).

Now, we're in a pickle as one of our most vocal players is out of commission for the time being and there are far too many of us flying under the radar, myself included.

I'm going to try and go back and read through some more as much as possible but I will not be able to respond for a little while.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #80
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
That explains why people are starting to state lynch options already! In that case, the only real suspect I've got toDay is G55, so I'll probably vote her.
Mine as well, although I could also vote Bom. I won't be voting Boro or Agan today, nor Rune for that matter.