The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Reasons why LOTR is better than Star Wars

I saw a posting elswhere on the Internet (Gasp! You mean there are other places on the Internet? Scary!!) where a clan of Star Wars fans (known as "warsies") and LOTR fans (known as "ringers") were engaged in a funny one-up contest over which series of movies was better. Here are some examples:
Warsie: In Star Wars, Christopher Lee was beaten by a butt-kicking Jedi named Yoda. In LOTR, he was beaten by a slow-moving tree named Treebeard.
Ringer: Gandalf's friend and ally who owed him a life debt was Gwahir Windlord, the noble king of the giant eagles. Qui Gon had Jar Jar.
Warsie: Cut off Sauron's hand, he goes home and spends thousands of years convalescing. Cut off Anakin's hand, he becomes a powerful Sith. Cut off his hand AGAIN, he single-handedly (ha!) defeats the evil Emperor.
Ringer: Galadriel was youthful and divinely beautiful despite being over 4000 years old. Yoda of the Jedi Council looked like death itself after a mere 900.
I know we can do better than this (although this was pretty good). Using the format above, tell us in your own words why LOTR is better than Star Wars!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dűm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I'm afraid I'm part Warsie (come on, Qui-Gon/Jar Jar? what about Han and Chewbacca!?) but I'll give this a spin anyway.

Ringer: Faramir and Eowyn both earn merit in battle, are wounded, and finally end up together in a blissful union in Ithilien, where both are beloved by Gondorians and Rohirrim alike. Anakin and Padme betray their respective Councils in order to get married, squabble a lot, and eventually both end up dead--after Anakin destroys the Galactic Republic.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."

Last edited by Beanamir of Gondor; 03-03-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Warsie: SW was filmed by a truly original, creative filmmaker.

Ringer: LotR was written by a better writer.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Warsie: Gollum.

Ringer: Ewoks.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ringer: Grond!
Warsie: Death Star!
Ringer: Anduril!
Warsie: Lightsaber!
Ringer:...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Beanamir -- that was awesome!

Ringer: Arwen can kick butt in a skirt and sixteen crinolines. Unlike Amidala, who must strip to leggings and a midriff-baring shirt.

Warsie: Star Wars has a Christmas special!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dűm

Eye

Thank you.

Warsie: At least our scoundrels weren't really scruffy-looking.
Ringer: At least our scruffy-looking heroes were honest.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Not totally Random information...

You know that Anthony Daniels who was C-3PO was the voice of Legolas in the Bakshi version? Orlando Bloom suddenly seems very macho...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Warsie: Star Wars has a Christmas special!
Ringer: Star Wars has a Christmas special!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Warsie: Saruman sends out Orcs to do his bidding. Vader kills enemies personally.
Ringer: Uruk-hai, unlike stormtroopers, can fight.

Warsie: Bad Gollum's grammar is.
Ringer: At least Gollum doesn't sound like Grover.

Warsie: Rancor
Ringer: Cave Troll

On the other hand...

Ringer: Bill.
Warsie: Millenium Falcon. No contest.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #11
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Warsie: Frodo whinning when he says "Gandalf"

Ringer: "But I was going into Tashi Station to pick up some power converters."
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Confusion

Warsie: Imagine the silly storyline. If it were like in your LotR, in our Star Wars Luke would've had to receive the Emperor from his father and then carried him all the way through all the Episodes, when in the end he would still throw him into that shaft.
Ringer: And what about your silly storyline? I don't like the idea of Frodo revealing that Gollum is his father, and in the end also that Sam is his sister!

ALSO

Warsie: Sarlacc is far bigger than Shelob, I am sure.
Ringer: Of course, but only because Ufthak wasn't a Bounty Hunter.

ALSO

Warsie: You have plenty of battles in Tolkien's books, but in comparison to all the intergalactic battles in Star Wars, they are all pretty insignificant.
Ringer: But it was the battle of Endor which decided it all.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Warsie: A ring destroys the ultimate baddie

Ringer: Better than an exhaust shaft!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Warsie: There's a lot more Star Wars books then LotR ones!
Ringer: That's because they're all from the Expanded Universe series and eventually make it all so complicated you can'f even figure out what happens after Episode VI!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dűm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Warsie: Come on! Wizards? Talking Trees? Don't make me laugh!

Ringer: ...Jedi?
Hama Of The Riddermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #16
Salacia Deloresista
Pile O'Bones

Salacia Deloresista has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Salacia Deloresista Send a message via AIM to Salacia Deloresista
warsie: small men, hairy feet
ringer: yoda
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #17
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dűm

Eye

Ringer: Our Christopher Lee had massive sorcerer powers.
Warsie: ....Our Christopher Lee had his REAL NOSE.

Ringer: Bilbo!
Warsie: Admiral Ackbar!
(erm, maybe that's just me...?)

Warsie: Okay, Legolas? Princess Leia was more manly.
Ringer: Okay, Anakin? Made Legolas look butch and intelligent.
Warsie: *grumbles*

Old 03-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #18
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Warsies: Use the Force, Luke!

Ringers: Do not use It, Frodo!

And...

Warsies: Luke, I am your father!

Ringers: He's my second cousin once removed on his mother's side, and my first cousin...

And...

Warsies: Join with me, Luke, and together we will rule this galaxy as father and son!

Ringers: You had better come live with me, Frodo my lad, and celebrate our birthdays comfortably together.

And...

Warsies: I've got a bad feeling about this...

Ringers: A shadow and a threat have been growing in my mind.

And...

Warsies: Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Ringers: Gandalf...yes, that was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Grey.

And...

Warsies:

Ben: You'll have to sell your speeder.
Luke
: That's okay. I'm never coming back to this planet again.

Ringers:

Frodo: I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again.

And...

Warsies: Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler. You gotta a lot of guts coming here after what you pulled.

Ringers: Gandalf, my old friend.

And...

Warsies: Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!

Ringers: Who are you, yourself, alone, and nameless?

And...

Warsies: Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Ringers: Pity? It was Pity that stayed Bilbo's hand! Pity, and Mercy...

And...

Warsies: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Ringers: In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.

Er...sorry...some of this isn't very complimentary of LotR...

Last edited by Oddwen; 03-11-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #19
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Warsie: We have cooler video games!
Ringer: We have an MMORPG!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #20
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Warsie: What kind of names are Frodo, Bilbo, Legolas, Gimli.... And Merry? C'mon, that's a girl's name!

Ringers: Well, at least they're better names than Padme Amidala, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Jar Jar Binks. And really...you shouldn't be making fun when one of the lead characters is nicknamed Ani (short for Anakin).

Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Ataralasse
Pile O'Bones

Ataralasse has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Warsie: We have Luke Skywalker!
Ringer: That's a PLUS?!

~o~

Warsie: Han and Leia, Luke and Mara.
Ringer: Beren and Luthien, Eluthingol and Melian, Aragorn and Arwen, Tuor and Idril Celebrindal --
Warsie: Enough!

~o~

Warsie: Ring as the source of ultimate power?
Ringer: Laser beam sword that mysteriously stops after three feet?

~o~

Warsie: You needed a book!
Ringer: At least we had a good one. You didn't even have a mediocre script!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #22
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Warsie: Emperor Palpatine did a ton of work himself, fooled the entire galaxy into giving him supreme power, made the Jedi nearly extinct, nearly killed Luke with lightning, and the only time he lost a fight was when he allowed himself to be beaten so that he could convert Anakin to the Dark Side. He could also wipe out three trained knights like they were nothing as an old man.

Ringer: Sauron was practically an angel, could change shape, and had a volcano in his home. He corrupted Numenor too.

Warsie: Yeah, Sauron was also humiliated by a dog, Numenor was already down a dark path, the Ring never helped him, two minor characters killed him when he had the Ring before the book took place, he had the hots for Galadriel once when in a sense she was his daughter, and Palpatine had Mustafar under his control. That whole planet's like Mount Doom's interior.

Ringer:...Morgoth-

Warsie:-You're talking about LOTR, not the Sil.

Honestly, I always saw Palpatine as the better villain, especially after reading about Sauron's loss to Huan.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #23
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Warsie: A lightsaber could cut through any ME armor
Ringer: Well, Anduril can someone an undead army that would scare off all your clone warriors

Ringer: Did you see how cool the Watcher in the Water was?
Warsie: Did you see those fish on Naboo?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #24
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ringer: LOTR has some of the most lovable characters
Warsie: Chewie
Ringer:....

----

Warsie: Arwen has a VERY minimal action role. I mean seriously, what does she do to help anyone.
Ringer: Leah doesn't seem to be good for much more than bossing people around and mouthing off, it seems to me Mon Mothma did all of the work.
Warsie: Leah was good with a blaster.
Ringer: Arwen has kick butt sword skills. It only took Leah five shots to kill one storm-trooper. At least Arwen has neat hair styles (ROTK headress). Leah has...danishes.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #25
Ataralasse
Pile O'Bones

Leaf

Warsie: We have more movies.
Ringer: We have BETTER movies.
Warsie: What about the animated ones?
Ringer: What about the Star Wars Holiday Special?
Warsie: ::cringe::

~o~

Warsie: Blasters are better than arrows: fast and accurate.
Ringer: Arrows are fast and accurate AND cool. Blasters are all the same.

~o~

Warsie: We have Jedi.
Ringer: We have Elves.

~o~

Warsie: Luke, Han. Cool good guys.
Ringer: Legolas, Aragorn, Boromir, Gimli, Gandalf, Merry, Pippin, Frodo, Sam and that's just the Fellowship!

~o~

Warsie: C-3PO and R2-D2.
Ringer: Legolas and Gimli.

~o~

Warsie: Darth Vader.
Ringer: Nazgul.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Warsie: How come even though Aragorn made all good, Tolkien says wrote about evil returning some time later?
Ringer: How come that after Luke brought back balance to the Force, the Yuuzhan Vong invasion that took place only 25 years later killed 365 trillion people?
Warsie:...why do you Ringers have to know so much?
Ringer:

Warsie: We have a lot more races!
Ringer: That look more or less the same, with small differences.
Warsie: That's not true...Aayla Secura...
Ringer: She looks just like a woman except with two tentacles on her head and different skin
Warsie:...at least she doesn't have a beard like Dwarven women!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #27
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dűm

Eye

Warsie: Our spaceships can travel across the galaxy in the time it takes Frodo to walk down the road to Sam's burrow.
Ringer: Yeah, well, Bill's hyperdrive didn't break every fifteen minutes.

Warsie: Dude, we started out Billy Dee Williams.
Ringer: Er... Orlando Bloom went on to do "Pirates", and didn't have to resort to ALIEN MOVIES...

Warsie: Why didn't you just use the Eagles?
Ringer: ....

And what in the name of Eru is this? -->

Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #28
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
Warsie: Why didn't you just use the Eagles?
Ringer: ....
Ringer: Yeah, well why didn't Luke just use the Force?

Warsie: He did.

Ringer: He did? Fool of a Skywalker, that was dangerous!

Warsie: Dude, the Force isn't good or bad. It just is.

Ringer: ...oh.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #29
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
(inspired by Oddwen)

Ringer: You are getting really boring with all this "Use the Force, Luke! Use the Force, Luke!"
Warsie: "Don't use the Ring, Frodo! Don't use the Ring, Frodo!"

One little bit different thing, but it came to my mind and just felt that it needs to be added:

(Barad-Dur throne room. The Mouth of Sauron and Frodo with chains on his hands enter.)
Sauron: Welcome, young Baggins. I've been expecting you. You no longer need those. (takes off the chains)
Mouth of Sauron: His Ring. (gives the One Ring to Sauron)
Sauron (examines the Ring): Ah, yes, a Ring of Power. Much like your father's.
Frodo: Is he really senile or what? It's YOUR ring! The one you've been looking for all the time! And besides, Bilbo was not my father, he was my uncle.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #30
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Warsie: Darth Vader, just before he died, was revealed to be an egg-headed pasty white man.
Ringer: The Witch-King frickin' IMPLODED, man!

And yet...

Ringer: Sauron could make you suffer you with just his eye.
Warsie: Darth Vader could kill you with his MIND.

Plus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Warsie: We have LEGOS.

Plus...

Ringer: We have Liv Tyler with pointy ears and a gauzy as translucent as we could get away with dress.
Warsie: We have Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini. With a leash.

Pwn'd.

Oh, wait...*notes the thread title*...woops.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #31
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Warsie: We had an MMORPG, too.
Ringer: Until Sony got bored.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #32
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Hmm...I must agree with you on that Carrie Fisher part...

Ringer: After death, Men go back to Eru
Warsie: At least in Star Wars they still are able to help you after death
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #33
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Umm...does anyone have a problem with my last post?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #34
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Too funny!

Warsie: Sure, you have Liv Tyler, but Carrie Fisher rocks!
Ringer: She's also about 1000 now...

W: The Lay of Beren and Tinuviel
R: Anikin and Padme...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
Padme thinks to herself, "How about not desert and attempt to kill me later on, hmm?"
Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #35
Ataralasse
Pile O'Bones

Leaf

Warsie: We have the Force.
Ringer: That is NOT a plus. Mystical blah-blah-blah.

~o~

Warsie: Obi-Wan sacrificed himself for his friends, was a great warrior, and a teacher of the Chosen One.
Ringer: What a spectacular teacher he was! His first pupil turned to the 'Dark Side', his second pupil had no more brains than a pin! He was also a liar. Gandalf sacrificed himself for his friends, was a great warrior, a great teacher, AND he told the truth!

~o~

Warsie: The Death Star's explosion.
Ringer: Gandalf's fireworks.

~o~

Warsie: The Jedi are for the good of all.
Ringer: The good guys in Lord of the Rings don't need commissions. They just do it.

~o~

Warsie: Palpatine transferred his spirit from one body to another.
Ringer: Classic comic-book death. Annoying, repetitive, and improbable.
Warsie: Gandalf was resurrected!
Ringer: That's different: Eru sent him back.
Warsie: I just can't win, can I?
Ringer: Nope!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #36
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Warsie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatarnakin
From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
Ringer: LotR can't possibly be turned into emo poetry!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:25 AM   #37
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Ringer: LotR can't possibly be turned into emo poetry!
Warsie: You don't visit FF.net, do you?
Ringer:...well, there are some fans that do wr-
Warsie: Yeah, those fans totally forget that Tolkien pretty much made his works fanfic proof. They're complete and written in solid stone.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #38
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ringer: What's up with the broom brushes on Padme's head in film 1?
Warsie: Um, that's her hairdo.
Ringer: Sorry, couldn't tell the difference, no offence meant.
Finduilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #39
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ringer: We have hobbits
Warsie: We have droids
Ringer: Aside from R2D2, that is not a plus
Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #40
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Ringer: Saruman grew his own armies. Palpatine/Sidious had to outsource the job.