The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #321
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Actually someone else said it earlier... now to go find it...
I'll happily offer my services by searching if you'd like.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #322
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Pitch said "cyberbear or werecyborg" in 266, wintywinty said "Werebear, or BearCyborg" in 270,
and then Izzy said "wereborg" - which is catchier, to be sure.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #323
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The first mention of the wereborg (then Cyberbear, or WereCyborg) was made by Pitch in his post 266. Winty picked it up a few posts later and then of course Izzy carried it on.

I think it's quite cute, actually.

EDIT: x'd with Rikae. But I was being so helpful!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #324
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shasta.
How in the world can you claim that an OMGUS vote is not game related; when simply the act of voting someone for voting for you - is game related. Voting a person with the reason that they punched you in the arm the day before at school.. or something like that would be more considered not game related. But the mere act of placing a vote for someone is game related. Arguably the most 'game related' act of the game. Savvy?

Uh.. you just quote the same quote twice. xD
Ah okay, it was corrected. Why do I need to clarify, what I said is pretty clear. You went into your analysis with Paranoia pegged as the WereBorg; and thusly essentially cherry picked the actions/"attitudes" which fit your theory.

Quote:
Yes, the first is speculation. But it's well-founded speculation. The Bear's game is over at any time if chosen randomly by the Morph's for a kill, or if bandwagoned on while unable to post, or any number of unfair reasons that have nothing to do with their gameplay, and that's entirely unfair to the player, so why wouldn't the Bear have some kind of advantage. The Morphs have numbers - what might the Bear have to compensate? They have to have some shot at winning. The second question is based on the wording of the Assassin role, which makes no mention of the Bear role at all, so I don't think it affects the Bear role in any way.
Your entire wording here stinks. A lot. You are personalizing the WereBorg. I responded to the word usage in my last post.

"plus the Morph's only got their kill left"
The way you said this, was as if they started with more. 'only' specifically.

I never said you claimed timezone difference. But that is what happened between Paranoia and Pitch. He had to vote for Paranoia before the chance of a rebuttal, because of time zone differences. You however, can not fit under that category. So you admit to strategizing your vote.. and nonetheless attempting to work with one of your chief suspects? Very town of you.

Yes, past games are meta. However YOU brought it up - and used it is a possible point against him. If it didn't matter because it was meta - you never would of brought it up in the first place. But the fact that you mentioned it in your analysis of him; implies that you used it in your thought process.

"Puts myself and Izzy both in the "Mostly Harmless" category. This is slightly meta and possibly a disregardable point, but I can't help but wonder if a Bearanoia wasn't making an attempt there to butter up the two people he knows outside BD."

You also attribute the WereBorg attitudes to Paranoia, from what I gather - past games. Meta, no? HasParanoia seen a WereBorg before? How do you reconcile that with your theory? That since Paranoia has not seen a WereBorg- would therefore by default fit the 'standardized' actions of what a wereBorg would/n't do?

Considering that part of your theory rests on the Assassin incapable of harming the WereBorg - why have you not asked the mod?

I got the name WereBorg from I believe something that Pitch said. He say CyberBear or BearCyber or something like that. I do recall from the plot (correctly I believe) that the WereBorg was slightly injured by Loslote and she saw metal underneath instead of bone. I used WereBorg because it seemed a simpler name to type out... than cyberbear or something.

Hit close to your WereBorg role name Shasta?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #325
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Don't think Pitch is likely to be the Morph? Or the Bear? And if you're thinking of voting Paranoia for possible bear-ship, thinking of voting me for voting Paranoia for possible bear-ship is entirely double-standard-worthy, and makes me even more sure that you're the Traitor trying to save Pitch.
I don't recall saying I was considering voting for you. Why so jumpy?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #326
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
You also attribute the WereBorg attitudes to Paranoia, from what I gather - past games. Meta, no? HasParanoia seen a WereBorg before? How do you reconcile that with your theory? That since Paranoia has not seen a WereBorg- would therefore by default fit the 'standardized' actions of what a wereBorg would/n't do?
What...the...heck? Ok, this is what I'm talking about. I can't speak for Shasta, but to me, a "[role]-attitude" has nothing to do with some kind of arbitrary "standardized actions" that someone does or does not know about (I mean, seriously? What??!) but with the nature of the role itself... um, you know, like, the knowledge the player has, what they have to do to win... things like that.
This is actually an awful lot like your inability to comprehend the difference between a wolf's or an ordo's considerations in voting on Day 1. You're working from such a... simplistic... view of the game, and it never seems to become any more complex.

Eh, well, I'd better stop talking about this before I say something I regret.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #327
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Shasta.
How in the world can you claim that an OMGUS vote is not game related; when simply the act of voting someone for voting for you - is game related. Voting a person with the reason that they punched you in the arm the day before at school.. or something like that would be more considered not game related. But the mere act of placing a vote for someone is game related. Arguably the most 'game related' act of the game. Savvy?
How dare I get into semantics with you...

Okay. Yes, voting is game related. However, the reason for the vote (in this case, because someone else voted you first) is not related to someone's role, or whether or not someone is suspicious - it's not related to the game at all. Get it?

Quote:
You went into your analysis with Paranoia pegged as the WereBorg; and thusly essentially cherry picked the actions/"attitudes" which fit your theory.
No, I didn't. I'm honestly not sure what else to say here, other than that you're wrong.

Quote:
Your entire wording here stinks. A lot. You are personalizing the WereBorg.
So? Sure, I could be wrong, and the Bear could be just as powerful as a lone Morph. But given all the secret roles and power twists in this game, I sincerely doubt it.

Quote:
"plus the Morph's only got their kill left"
The way you said this, was as if they started with more. 'only' specifically.
The Morphs started with a numerical advantage - I don't see them starting with anything else. If I was unclear in my wording, I apologize.

Quote:
So you admit to strategizing your vote.. and nonetheless attempting to work with one of your chief suspects? Very town of you.
In a three-party game? Sure, why not? I don't see what's so particularly suspicious about it. Pitch was getting ready to have to leave, and in essence would have thrown away his vote - so I put it to use on my other suspect. Big deal. Yes, in order to get Pitch's vote on Paranoia, I had to vote before Paranoia could defend himself, and for that I apologize, but it doesn't change my suspicion of him, and he could very well convince others of his innocence anyway. Pitch already has more votes than he does.

Quote:
Yes, past games are meta. However YOU brought it up - and used it is a possible point against him. If it didn't matter because it was meta - you never would of brought it up in the first place. But the fact that you mentioned it in your analysis of him; implies that you used it in your thought process.
Insofar as I was going through each of Paranoia's posts and typing up my thoughts as I thought them, stream-of-consciousness style, then yes, I used it in my thought process. However, I also recognized it for what it was and acted accordingly - you can feel free to disregard that statement if you wish. It doesn't diminish the validity of my other points.

Quote:
In that one point, yes. I have plenty of others, I think. And has Paranoia been a lone baddie before? Yes, he has. That's not a point in favor of or against him, it's an answer to your question.

Quote:
Considering that part of your theory rests on the Assassin incapable of harming the WereBorg - why have you not asked the mod?
Because I thought it was obvious.

Quote:
Hit close to your WereBorg role name Shasta?
No. I kind of translate this universe to Star Trek (even though I'm not familiar with it overmuch) and I seem to recall there being Borg in StarTrek... so was wondering if you had slipped.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: X'ed with Inzil and Rikae.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #328
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
To be honest, I hadn't given much thought to the space-bear or whatever it may be. Sorry. I got cought up looking for the Metamorph. I still don't think it's likely to be Pitch.

Paranoia as a bear would be more plausible than his being a Meta, at least.

Shasta's voted for him, getting it started. And Pitch followed suit.

To put my money where my mouth is, I intend to vote for one of those two instead of wasting my vote.
Inzil, if you're not considering voting me, please explain what this post actually says. Maybe I misread it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #329
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'll go ahead and do this because I've been unexpectedly called into work and may not make it back in time. Despite Shasta's amazement, I still think Pitch is not likely to be the Metamorph. Ascribe whatever reasoning for my thoughts you like.

++Paranoia
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #330
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inzil, if you're not considering voting me, please explain what this post actually says. Maybe I misread it.
Just thinking out loud, that's all. You got the ball rolling on Para.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #331
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Rikae-->Pitch
Shasta-->Paranoia
Winty-->Pitch (2)
Pitch-->Paranoia (2)
Paranoia-->Pitch (3)
Dun-->Paranoia (3)
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #332
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Just thinking out loud, that's all. You got the ball rolling on Para.
You're so helpful.

What I meant was, you accused me of being jumpy because I defended myself against you when you "weren't even considering voting me", when in that post you pretty clearly were, so....?

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: X'ed with stilldead!Sallymorph
Old 06-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #333
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I miss the old WW crowd... Barrowdowns WW just isn't the same anymore. Don't much care for you guys' new slang, either. "Very town"? "OMGUS"? Blah.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #334
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
If Wilwa and I were morphmates. Why throw my vote away on Rikae? Why not 'seize opportunity and find a plausible reason to vote for someone other than Wilwa', whom would keep her away from the noose? Some one like.. Paranoia for instance. I was the last vote, why not try and save her?"
Very quickly: perhaps you didn't think there was time to fabricate a sufficently innocent looking case against Paraand opted for the safer option of a revenge-vote.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #335
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
What I meant was, you accused me of being jumpy because I defended myself against you when you "weren't even considering voting me", when in that post you pretty clearly were, so....?
How is stating you were the first vote for Paranoia equal to saying I would vote for you? I also noted Pitch did the same, and I said I wasn't going to vote him. Why would you jump to the conclusion you were in my sights?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #336
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I miss the old WW crowd... Barrowdowns WW just isn't the same anymore. Don't much care for you guys' new slang, either. "Very town"? "OMGUS"? Blah.
Very town? What the what? Where (and what) is that?

*butts out*
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #337
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Triple post! If it's any consolation, I think "Omgus" sounds like the name of a Transformer.

EDIT: Had a triple post ruined by a dead person....
Old 06-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #338
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Alas, a list.

Inziladun Ordo or cobbler
ParanoiaWereborg.
Pitchwife Metamorph suspect #1
Isabellkya Ordo or cobbler
Shasta Metamorph suspect #2
wintywinty Ordo
Rikae Good and dead.Goodbye, cruel world! I hope you all get eaten by rats... er, I mean, go village! Rah rah rah!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #339
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Mm... to clarify list further:

Most nonmorphish:
Rikae
Izzy

Fairly nonmorphish:
Inzil
wintywinty

Morphiest:
Paranoia
Pitchwife
Shasta
Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #340
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh, the pops are sweeter and the taste is new! They're shot with sugar through and through!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #341
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Rikae - Don't suppose I can ask "why", can I?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #342
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae.
My point was that Shasta is/was analyzing Paranoia based upon attitudes/actions which a WereBorg would do.

"so I analyzed him with the way one catches a bear in mind"

He compared Paranoia to what a WereBorg would do. Hence why I said 'standardized'.

Clarified for you? Or should I break it into much.. simpler terms. Would syllables help?

Shasta.

How is that not going into your analysis with him pegged as the WereBorg?

"I'm fairly sure, based on the numbers, that we have a shot at trying to lynch the more-dangerous wereBear today,"

Is that not in relation to Paranoia?

How does the fact that Pitch apparently does not care about his survival fit into your thoughts?
The fact that you voted for Paranoia before he could defend himself - which you admit - clearly shows that you care naught about what he has to say. That you've written him off as WereBorg and are thus unconcerned.

"That since Paranoia has not seen a WereBorg- would therefore by default fit the 'standardized' actions of what a wereBorg would/n't do?"

This seems to be rather confuddled. My point is that if Paranoia has not seen a WereBear, then how would he fit the standardized actions of a WEreBorg - which you compared him with.

I was not asking if Paranoia has been a lone baddie before. I asked if he has seen a WereBorg before. You know as well as I do - how many different varieties of Third parties can be out there.

Since I pointed out in an earlier post, questioning the probability of the mod including WereBorg stipulations in the Assassin role - you've not thought about that at all?

Oh for the love of expletives. A tie?

OMGUS originated in 2001. town is the village equivalent. townie/villager/innocent. Comes from mafia.. which I believe has been around far longer than werewolf - though that would take research.

Dun. Well considering that you seem to use that as a point against me - I would think you would've given it more thought.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #343
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hey, wereborg! Yeah, I'm talkin' to you, metal butt! You want a piece of me? Huh? *brandishes soldering gun*

Shasta:
You can, but I'm not telling. Nyah nyah!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #344
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
How is stating you were the first vote for Paranoia equal to saying I would vote for you? I also noted Pitch did the same, and I said I wasn't going to vote him. Why would you jump to the conclusion you were in my sights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
To put my money where my mouth is, I intend to vote for one of those two instead of wasting my vote.
You intended to vote for one of "those two". I was one of "those two". Pretty clear to me.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: X'ed with Izzy and Rikae.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #345
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Hey, wereborg! Yeah, I'm talkin' to you, metal butt! You want a piece of me? Huh? *brandishes soldering gun*

Shasta:
You can, but I'm not telling. Nyah nyah!
Fine! Then I think you're just sour grapes for not winning the post-count war. Nyah boo.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #346
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Rikae.
My point was that Shasta is/was analyzing Paranoia based upon attitudes/actions which a WereBorg would do.

He compared Paranoia to what a WereBorg would do. Hence why I said 'standardized'.

Clarified for you? Or should I break it into much.. simpler terms. Would syllables help?
Would they help you, dearie?

You asked Shasta if Paranoia had seen a werebear before.
That is not rela... that does not apply to... It. does. not. matter. whether. he. had. or. not.
"Arbitrary"
means "Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle". If "what a werebear would do" were
arbitrary, it would require seeing a werebear. However, since it is not - it is "determined by principle", it does not.
Understand?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #347
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta.

How is that not going into your analysis with him pegged as the WereBorg?
That's going into my analysis paying attention to his attitudes and what I see as the thoughts behind his comments, rather than looking at his interactions with others and votes. It's a different way of analyzing.

Quote:
"I'm fairly sure, based on the numbers, that we have a shot at trying to lynch the more-dangerous wereBear today,"

Is that not in relation to Paranoia?
That's in relation to the WereBorg in general. Doesn't matter who it is right now, I still consider them more dangerous than the Morph.

Quote:
How does the fact that Pitch apparently does not care about his survival fit into your thoughts?
"Apparent" and "actual" are two different things. Pitch clearly does care about his survival, as he voted to save himself.

------------------

What about you, Izzy? What do you think about Pitch and Paranoia? Instead of questioning everyone until they go batty, why don't we hear some of your thoughts?

------------------

Quote:
The fact that you voted for Paranoia before he could defend himself - which you admit - clearly shows that you care naught about what he has to say. That you've written him off as WereBorg and are thus unconcerned.
I've already explained this, Izzy, I'm one of seven people who can affect the vote. The responsibility for the lynch does not fall entirely on my shoulders. I'm not in the least "unconcerned" about what Paranoia had to say, but in my opinion I had to act fast, so I did.

Quote:
This seems to be rather confuddled. My point is that if Paranoia has not seen a WereBear, then how would he fit the standardized actions of a WEreBorg - which you compared him with.
Well, what do you consider to be the "standardized actions" of a WereBear? I consider them to be "anything the Bear has to do to win", which is generally the same for any lone baddie.

Quote:
I was not asking if Paranoia has been a lone baddie before. I asked if he has seen a WereBorg before. You know as well as I do - how many different varieties of Third parties can be out there.
I do, but that's not the point. The relevant portion is "lone baddie".

Quote:
Since I pointed out in an earlier post, questioning the probability of the mod including WereBorg stipulations in the Assassin role - you've not thought about that at all?
You mean when you mentioned that since the WereBorg is a secret role it wasn't likely to be mentioned in the flavor text of the Assassin role? Sure, I've thought about it, but there are alternative ways that it could have been worded. The way it's actually worded makes me pretty confident that the Assassin only kills Metamorphs. So do the plots.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: X'ed with Rikae.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #348
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
OMGUS originated in 2001. town is the village equivalent. townie/villager/innocent. Comes from mafia.. which I believe has been around far longer than werewolf - though that would take research.
I didn't ask what it meant. I said I didn't care for it, and by "new" I meant "new around here".
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #349
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Fine! Then I think you're just sour grapes for not winning the post-count war. Nyah boo.
Well, I'll tell you this: I wish Izzy was a morph.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #350
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Rikae, feelings a bit mutual. You just remind me of the sort of people I used to play with that thought they knew everything, but were simply as one dimensional and simplistic as the people they put down. I would think that if the morphs or the bear felt threatened by you that much, you'd be already dead, but I shouldn't probably mention that for fear of your ego. Also the real bear is having a hearty laugh at you while I am just a wee bit more than just exasperated.

To Zul: At the start of the day you said you considered me unlikely to be a wolf, and that you had spent most of your time looking for them. My issue with you now is you go and vote for someone you do not suspect to be a wolf, as opposed to another person you don't believe to be a wolf. The difference here is that Pitch voted two days in a row without bothering to wait for me to post to respond to the accusations against me. This seems to indicate that you are indeed unconcerned about looking for the bear; it seems to indicate you know who the bear is. As in... the bear is you.

To Shasta: Your overwhelming attempt to shifting your focus on the bear today seems to indicate to me that you don't care about hunting morphs; indeed, the primary danger is still the morphs, no matter how diminished the traitor is in effect. Their numbers still give them a leg up on everyone else. And since you're so fond of math...

7- 3 (the lynch and the night kill) = 4. If we hit right, assuming traitor. 7-3 = 4. We still lose, unless the assassin strikes true tonight. Assuming we hit the morph. 7-2 = 5. Pretty good odds, with the traitor basically stuck with no way to win, and the bear having to survive two rounds. Hitting the bear leaves us at 7-2 = 5, and assuming the traitor isn't hit, leaves us in a dire position with only one more mistake costing us the game.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #351
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Rikae-->Pitch
Shasta-->Paranoia
Winty-->Pitch (2)
Pitch-->Paranoia (2)
Paranoia-->Pitch (3)
Dun-->Paranoia (3)
Still accurate? Speaking of nyah boo.

Also....

How do you like me now? Now that I'm in my grave!
Do you still think death's funny when your ranger couldn't self-save?
I can't do any more killing, but I'm well-trained in vote counts
And screwing up your triple posts. How do you like me now?

Also also, I have more posts than Paranoia and nearly as many as winty. Proud as I am of myself, I'm really rather disappointed.

And I'll not get into Rikae's vintage WW players statement. Let's just repeat the standards of the site: good spelling/syntax, family friendly language (which includes accounting for my over-sixty mother who doesn't even understand 'lol' for pity's sake), and an attitude of sunshine and ring wraiths....erm, butterflies. (Just for my muffin.) Aka use complete, proper sentence structure and "grown-up" language (read, real words, because we're certainly allowed to be silly) most of the time and I think we can keep Auntie Rikae at least marginally happy. Am I even close to being right? (Either way, you're getting repped.)

*fades out of sight, promises not to come back except to be helpful*

EDIT: x'd since the post where my dear Shasta said "nyah boo". It's still making me chuckle. ^_^
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #352
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Cut it out.

There is no need or call for any of this rudeness. Werewolf is a game, and meant to be enjoyed as such. Stop cutting each other down, please.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #353
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Cut it out.

There is no need or call for any of this rudeness. Werewolf is a game, and meant to be enjoyed as such. Stop cutting each other down, please.

Seconded. Play nice, children, or Miss Nerwen will start bashing you with hammers. Much as I like death and destruction, it has to be civilized.

ETA: As a way of clarification, my last post (and all post-mortem comments) are out-of-game statements and reflect neither my alignment nor my standing on the living, at least in an opinion sense. Just in case y'all were wondering. And the spelling/syntax comment was a general statement, though everyone should take heed of it since I have noticed an increase in lack of rule-following in that department (on the whole site, not just in WW.)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-15-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #354
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay. My main misgiving about voting for Paranoia is based upon Shasta and how he went after him. He purposefully voted when he did so he could force Pitch to vote the same way.

Paranoia himself is too quiet for my liking. Given there is just over twenty minutes until DL.

Unlike you Shasta, I like to question things. As opposed to merely forcing votes as to how I want them to go.

Pitch.. seems to have a defeatist attitude... by apparently not concerned with his survival - even though we are down to much smaller numbers, where any elimination has a much larger impact on the rest of the game.

Hmm.

X'd with every thing after #347.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #355
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia
To Shasta: Your overwhelming attempt to shifting your focus on the bear today seems to indicate to me that you don't care about hunting morphs; indeed, the primary danger is still the morphs, no matter how diminished the traitor is in effect. Their numbers still give them a leg up on everyone else.
If the Morphs had more than one member remaining, I'd agree with you. As they don't, I respectfully disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia
7- 3 (the lynch and the night kill) = 4. If we hit right, assuming traitor. 7-3 = 4. We still lose, unless the assassin strikes true tonight. Assuming we hit the morph. 7-2 = 5. Pretty good odds, with the traitor basically stuck with no way to win, and the bear having to survive two rounds. Hitting the bear leaves us at 7-2 = 5, and assuming the traitor isn't hit, leaves us in a dire position with only one more mistake costing us the game.
If you'd like me to mention all the factors that I can think of that affect this total, I will. Let's see...

1. We lynch the Bear, and the Assassin kills the Morph. Village wins.

2. We lynch the Morph, and the Bear kills an innocent. Village is down to five, with one baddie.

3. We lynch the Traitor, the Assassin kills the Morph, and the Bear kills an innocent. Village is down to four, with one baddie.

4. We lynch the Traitor, the Morph kills an innocent, and the Bear kills an innocent. Village is down to four, with two baddies. Village loses.

5. We lynch the Traitor and the Morph and Bear kill each other. Village wins.

7-9. Replace "Traitor" with "Innocent".

10. We lynch the Bear, and the Morph kills an innocent. Village is down to five, with one baddie and the Traitor remaining. At least one villager knows the identity of the Traitor.

So you see, there are plenty of ways for things to turn out, but the best situations all revolve around killing the Bear first.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: X'ed with Sallymorph and Izzy.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #356
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Unlike you Shasta, I like to question things. As opposed to merely forcing votes as to how I want them to go.
I like to question things too. But unlike you, I don't like to do that to the exclusion of all else and avoid giving any of my own opinions in the process.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #357
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Rikae, feelings a bit mutual. You just remind me of the sort of people I used to play with that thought they knew everything, but were simply as one dimensional and simplistic as the people they put down. I would think that if the morphs or the bear felt threatened by you that much, you'd be already dead, but I shouldn't probably mention that for fear of your ego. Also the real bear is having a hearty laugh at you while I am just a wee bit more than just exasperated.
Well, what can I possibly say? I've been playing here for three and a half years, and I've had some good times and made some friends. Heck, I even met my husband here.
But now, the place belongs to you and your crowd. I remind you of the people you've played with? The people who came into this little corner of the internet that was once frequented by those who shared an interest in something other than Werewolf and turned it into their own personal clubhouse, driving the old regulars away? You're among friends, and obviously you can insult me all you like. Your buddies' playing style is "simplistic" in my view, but I can't expect you to see how that is the case - it just happens that the old days, and the complexities of the games here I once enjoyed so much, are over.
Go ahead. Insult me all you like. As for my "ego" with regard to being killed, *shrug*. Read it that way if you want to.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #358
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If I am reading that right.. you are wanting us to play and speak accordingly to what will make Rikae happy?

X'd since my last post.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #359
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Shasta, I really, honestly do have to disagree. It might just be how I look at situations, but I always count Traitors against the town. I have always counted them against the town, even when technically they count amongst the town's numbers, as they are never neutralized as a threat to the town until that last mafia member, pack mate, or morphmate bite the dust, because until then they aren't. So numbers wise, I consider that last morph the biggest threat, simply because there is a role that will win only if they win. I'd barely given a thought to the bear until you basically called me the bear while providing me basically no time to defend myself against the accusation. Maybe you're right, and I'm just not factoring the Assassin into the equation; in that case yes, lynching the bear is the best case scenario, with the hickup you've gotten it completely and utterly wrong.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #360
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Crossposted - Ok, Sally, I'll drop the subject.