The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #121
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Shasta - Boro not likely Rune‘s packmate; questions and suspects me; no opinions about anybody else as far as I can see. Really?
No, not really - I did specifically say I don't think Huey is the wolf based on yesterday's voting.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #122
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Pitch
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #123
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Others:

My queen seems like her normal self - no red flags there.

Morsul's vote/theory on Huey isn't one I can get behind, but that's pretty much normal-Morsul as well. Not too worried.

Sally - eh. Again, no real red flags - nothing stuck out to me in a particular fashion.

Boro - goofy. Possible candidate for dorky husky. Don't know, though - that's almost too easy.

Huey - unlikely wolf based on early Rune-wagon yesterday. With only two wolves I tend to think they'd be a bit more careful in terms of bussing - especially with how lackadaisical yesterday's lynch seemed to be.

Lalaith - outside shot at her being the wolf based on absenteeism; I do think there's possible merit to the other wolf not being around to try and influence the lynch off of Rune.

Pitch - the wolf, in my opinion. Subtly tried to push lynch away from Rune onto possible Moon Moon-Boro, and shaded me when I called attention to it.

I'm headed out. Lynch wisely, guys.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:20 PM   #124
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Sally -Defends Boro as not cobblerish.
On the contrary, my dear sir. I in fact said (though admittedly in a different post) that Boro could be the cobbler, but if he is, he's not our target.

As for Huey, I said I could see the possibility of wolf-on-wolf and that I wouldn't count him as innocent based solely on that vote. To make that clearer, I'm not assuming Huey is innocent because he voted for Rune on Day One. Of course ToDay he's made my brain hurt in a suspicious kind of way.

Speaking of aching brains, I have a nasty migraine and am leaving shortly for a friend's NYE gathering during which I will likely fall asleep on their couch within an hour. I'll probably vote soon.

x'd since Pitch
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #125
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I swear I typed this, but apparently I didn't.

It seems to me like Pitch is twisting words, which doesn't strike me as his normal self. I'm well aware it might just be my migraine, so if others feel I'm reading too much into this, please let me know.

....I just received a reply to a FB message asking who Pitch is and whose words he is twisting. Ah, so that's what happened. I'm going mobile for the rest of the Day.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:26 PM   #126
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Just in case I pass out before I'm able to vote....

If I don't make it back, that's pretty much what happened.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #127
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
No, not really - I did specifically say I don't think Huey is the wolf based on yesterday's voting.
Yeah, you did, I overlooked that. Sorry.

I can't help wondering whether Morsul's suspicion of Huey is as solid as his trust of Sally; it doesn't seem so as far as I can tell.

Between Nerwen and Lalaith, I'd prefer voting for Lalaith; I have a notion Nerwen might have done more than her analysis if not for time zone difference, whereas Lal made several posts but was almost Ms Agreeable in terms of voicing no suspicion.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #128
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
On the contrary, my dear sir. I in fact said (though admittedly in a different post) that Boro could be the cobbler, but if he is, he's not our target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally #84 about Boro's vote
Picking a third party in this instance made him look better to several people, which is the opposite of a cobbler's job description.
?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #129
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Don´t want to go meta on everyone again but it is new years eve and I´m sneaking onto a computer at a party to do this so don´t expect much in depth analysis.
So early on in the Day I was thinking that I wouldn´t vote for Huey, Sally or Pitch (for reasons I stated earlier) and would probably go for one of the quiet ones (partly because I think we may have a quiet wolf or Cobbler and also on a selfish level with so few of us it makes it less fun to play if the active players are killed)
Now Huey, Sally and Pitch seem to be suspecting each other and I don´t know what to think. And Morsul has said some stuff which is usettling...
Old 12-31-2017, 07:50 PM   #130
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Don´t want to go meta on everyone again but it is new years eve and I´m sneaking onto a computer at a party to do this so don´t expect much in depth analysis.
Fair enough. Enjoy yourself!
Quote:
I think we may have a quiet wolf or Cobbler
Who, do you think, could that be?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:50 PM   #131
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh great. Just gone back through the thread and it seems we have a vote each for Huey, Nerwen and Pitch. Not mad about any of these choices. I would be up for voting for Boro (Cobbler or wolf acting as cobbler?) or, under certain circumstances, for Morsul. But with so few of us, it seems silly to start vote-spreading.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:54 PM   #132
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Regarding Pitch's question to me, I thought I read more than one person say Boro looked all right today, but I may have misremembered when making that post.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:56 PM   #133
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Who, do you think, could that be?
Good question. I thought Shasta, but then I always suspect Shasta, even when we´ve both been wolves together!
But of the quiets I actually have most mixed feelings about Morsul right now.
Of the three we have votes for at the moment, I´d be most inclined to go for Nerwen, mainly because I don´t think either Pitch or Huey are guilty. I´ll go and have another glass of champagne and think about it...
Old 12-31-2017, 07:56 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Lal, my dear, I like how you think....
Old 12-31-2017, 08:09 PM   #135
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Regarding Pitch's question to me, I thought I read more than one person say Boro looked all right today
Well, since he's dropped his random goofy act he certainly looks better than he did yesterDay (which is no great feat)--which makes me raise an eyebrow at Lal's willingness to vote him based on my rehashed arguments from yesterDay.

(x-ed with Lalaith and Sally)
Old 12-31-2017, 08:12 PM   #136
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Eye

Quote:
Oh great. Just gone back through the thread and it seems we have a vote each for Huey, Nerwen and Pitch. Not mad about any of these choices. I would be up for voting for Boro (Cobbler or wolf acting as cobbler?) or, under certain circumstances, for Morsul. But with so few of us, it seems silly to start vote-spreading.
Quote:
Good question. I thought Shasta, but then I always suspect Shasta, even when we´ve both been wolves together!
But of the quiets I actually have most mixed feelings about Morsul right now.
Of the three we have votes for at the moment, I´d be most inclined to go for Nerwen, mainly because I don´t think either Pitch or Huey are guilty. I´ll go and have another glass of champagne and think about it...
A flag is raised. This looks like a possible attempt by Lalaith at avoiding "ownership" of her future vote. Note that this way she doesn't have to make a case against, or even express actual suspicion of whoever she ends up voting.

Will comment further when I've read the rest of the thread.

Edit: x'd with Pitch.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #137
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Back. Just in time, will be catching up on the thread.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:29 PM   #138
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

OK, voting time approaches. Of the three that have votes so far, I don't feel comfortable with lynching Huey or Nerwen (since she's back), and certainly not myself. I said I could see myself voting Lalaith, and nothing she's said so far has really changed this, so that's what I'll do most likely, but I'll vote to save myself if I have to.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #139
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Why the vote for Huey?

Wolf-on-wolf is of course nothing new/nothing that doesn't happen in almost every game, but with just 2, I can't imagine it being a successful strategy. Especially, a first time wolf bussing his only pack mate, with a seer around that the lone wolf also has to avoid/survive.

If anything sally's vote is more wolf-on-wolf, but even for the reasons given that by the time sally voted there was really no saving Rune anyway is a stretch for Day 1.

Seems pretty pointless to suspect the 2 remaining living Rune voters, considering it's just the day after their votes lynched a wolf.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 PM   #140
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am at a New Year dinner with family. Could someone please tell me the final vote tally at DL when the time comes? Pretty please and apologies.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #141
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok, the champagne hasn´t helped, I´m still confused. Pitch, Im not reallly sure why you suspect me and if we are both spared we can thrash it out tomorrow. I can see why Nerwen is cross and suspiciious about my voting for her but it really is Hobsons Choice here.
Well my dear creatures of the night, happy new year.
++ Nerwen
Old 12-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #142
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And why the votes against Nerwen?

I mean everyone realizes I had absolutely no good reason to vote for her yesterday, other than she terrifies me.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #143
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Between Pitch and Lal, I'll go with....

++Lal

Hedging my bets in case my migraine-induced paranoia made me overreact to Pitch.

X'd since Lal
Old 12-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Sooo its...

Morsul >>>Huey
Huey >>>Nerwen
Shasta >>>Pitch
Lalaith >>> Nerwen (2)
Sally >>> Lalaith

With Pitch, Nerwen, and myself left to vote.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #145
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Allright then.

++Lalaith

Happy new year, and Sally, get better!
Old 12-31-2017, 08:56 PM   #146
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

If I vote for Pitch. He's going to vote for Nerwen I'd assume And then Nerwen would vote for Pitch. If I vote for Nerwen she's getting lynched...garrr
Old 12-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #147
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Pitch
Old 12-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #148
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

DL.

Morsul >>>Huey
Huey >>>Nerwen
Shasta >>>Pitch
Lalaith >>> Nerwen (2)
Sally >>> Lalaith
Pitch >>> Lalaith (2)
Boro >>> Pitch (2)
Old 12-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #149
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night 3 Begins

Thank you Pitch!

Nerwen is the first to get 2 votes. She is the Ranger.

~~~~~~~~~~

The argument was heated, for one more wolf remained in the midst of the creatures who haunted Fornost Erain of old.

"It's the gorcrow," said the demigorgon.

"No, it's the bat," said the pair of eyes, squinting in his direction. "I can't see the gorcrow as evil."

"That's cause you're near blind," retorted the demigorgon, "that's why you squint.

"I squint," replied the eyes with dignity, "as a mark of constant suspicion and vigilance!"

"Hot be heart and hot be words, Hot the quarrel to draw swords..." mumbled the Wight in response.

Voices were raised and lots were cast, and the Wight was fated to die.

"She shouldn't have told us to quarrel and draw swords!" Said the teacup pomeranian, adjusting her bicorne hat.

"Indeed!" said the fell voice, and pulled out a sword out of thin air.

"You are making a grave mistake - " the Wight tried to give warning, but it was too late. The sword swung around and chopped off her head.

LIVING
Sally - Boo Joe, a teacup Pomeranian with abnormally sharp teeth and a Napoleon complex
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Lalaith - fell voice on the air
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Morsul - demigorgon
Shasta - squinting red eyes

DEAD
Rune - wolf, lynched D1
Inzil - ordo, killed N2
Nerwen - Ranger, lynched D2

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-01-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #150
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 3 Begins

The demigorgon did not sleep well. Hos sleep was haunted by visions. A small noise made him open his eyes. In the dark, he saw two rows of teeth just above his head.

"Is this still a dream?"

"'Fraid not," said the wolf.

LIVING
Sally - Boo Joe, a teacup Pomeranian with abnormally sharp teeth and a Napoleon complex
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Lalaith - fell voice on the air
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Shasta - squinting red eyes

DEAD
Rune - wolf, lynched D1
Inzil - ordo, killed N2
Nerwen - Ranger, lynched D2
Morsul - Seer, killed N3
Old 01-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #151
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yeeeeeeah, I saw that coming.

Also, my apologies to Nerwen. I done goofed real hard and didn't realize the state of things when I voted.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #152
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Obviously, for a whole bunch of reasons, I'm almost definitely voting for Huey today, but for now, I'm probably going to bed.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:39 AM   #153
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Also, my apologies to Nerwen. I done goofed real hard and didn't realize the state of things when I voted.
You know, she needn't have died if Boro hadn't been so keen on lynching me over Lalaith.

Off to work now, I'll rejoin you all when night falls on the old continent.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:00 AM   #154
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
You know, she needn't have died if Boro hadn't been so keen on lynching me over Lalaith.

Off to work now, I'll rejoin you all when night falls on the old continent.
Bit of a travesty, that lynch.

I'm almost certainly voting for Pitch again today.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:10 AM   #155
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This post was written last Night, under the suspicion that Morsul would be nightkilled and confirmed as Seer.

Well... bother. That couldn't have gone much worse.

With only six people remaining, I'll start again with my impressions of everyone, but first I'll address the Oliphaunt in the room: yes, I know this looks bad for me. But a Seer who had caught the last wolf would just straight up say 'I'm the Seer, and he's the Wolf' - with eight villagers left, that's a 100% certain village win. So no, Morsul couldn't have dreamed of me.

Sally - Innocent, as confirmed by Morsul in post 91:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I'm just going on information I'm Seeing is all, and that's that I trust Sally. So I'm inclined to see where she's coming from.
I don't think there's any room for doubt on this.

Boro - weird Day One, sounded sensible early Day Two. Late posts in Day Two also sound fairly reasonable.

Question for Boro: was your Pitch vote just an attempt to prevent Nerwen being lynched, or did you suspect him? (And if so, why?)

Pitch - Looking over everything... could the painting of Boro as suspect on Day One be weaker than I thought at the time? He was certainly quick to peg him as Moon Moon, and I agree with Shasta that Boro was clearly roleplaying/being playful with this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Who's to say we HAVE to lynch anyone today? Is a random vote for the goofiest one any different than a random vote for the most talkative? A random vote for the most absent? Who's to say there are even murderers? Or that the only murderer is the Blossom?
Pitch jumping on him for that was a bit much. And then... let's see. He initially says we should ignore Boro as a possible cobbler, then in post 44 simultaneously casts suspicion on me and dismisses the argument against RuneWolf. That post also drops the first suggestion that BoroMoon could be BoroWolf, which was presumably the justification for his Boro vote Day One. Could this have been an effort to save Rune by offering an alternate candidate who'd also been suspicious all day? Zil hadn't yet made the second Rune vote, and in fact there were five people yet to vote.

Day Two... he backs off a bit on Boro, but still keeps discussing him for most of the day. He shifts to suspecting Lalaith (eventually) on... fairly solid grounds (see below). And that's the thing. Yes, it's possible to construe Pitch's behaviour as wolfish, but it just feels too organic and natural for that. The (joking?) initial Moon Moon accusation against Boro was reinforced by Boro's behaviour, and it all follows from there.

Shasta - Other than a post-vote post (123), spends most of the day either professing my innocence (which is nice, but kind of suspect given that most other people found me suspicious) or suspecting Pitch. That final post tags four of the other seven villagers as probable innocents, Boro as a possible Moon Moon, Pitch as the wolf (hence the vote), and Lalaith as an 'outside shot' wolf candidate. If we have wolf!Shasta, this would be setup for (if Pitch was lynched) shifting to attacking Lalaith today.

But... I don't think it's likely. I think the Pitch reading is a valid interpretation, and with comments on 3/7 (4 if you include Lalaith from the late post) villagers, Shasta hasn't really been tunnelling on one person like it seems at first.

Lalaith - Cast the second vote for Nerwen, lynching her. Also cast that suspicious vote for Sally on Day One, taking us up to 5/10 on the block - and Sally is confirmed innocent, if that matters here.

The Nerwen vote could have been a shot at a Gifted (I didn't see any hints, but I could've missed them), or a neat way to implicate me - 'voted innocent + dead Seer suspected him' is a good combo. And why did she say she voted Nerwen? Nerwen herself highlighted it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
This looks like a possible attempt by Lalaith at avoiding "ownership" of her future vote. Note that this way she doesn't have to make a case against, or even express actual suspicion of whoever she ends up voting.
Both our Seer-confirmed innocent (Sally) and someone I can't see as suspicious (Pitch) voted for Lalaith. Argh, I wish I'd been able to stay later! Reading something like this:

Quote:
Lal made several posts but was almost Ms Agreeable in terms of voicing no suspicion.
Could have backed up my own suspicions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Lalaith voted yesterDay to put half the village on the block, claiming just not to have noticed. Her first post toDay included a big paragraph about cobblers, who aren't actually our priority target. She's also spent a fair amount of time clearing people - me, Sally, Pitch - based on yesterday's events, which could be suspect, but feels more like genuine thoughts.
(Emphasis added)

... and maybe led me to vote for her instead of Nerwen.

Lalaith - who do you actually suspect? I haven't seen very much indicating you think anyone's guilty. Who is your #1 pick for the last wolf?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:12 AM   #156
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Obviously, for a whole bunch of reasons, I'm almost definitely voting for Huey today, but for now, I'm probably going to bed.
I would appreciate you (or someone else) outlining what exactly those reasons are.

hS
Old 01-02-2018, 04:47 AM   #157
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

From what I can see, Sally and Morsul suspected me primarily because wolf-on-wolf behaviour is possible (and was used by Morsul in his first game). There was also this:

Quote:
Huey - For some wacky logic that seems off
But I don't know what Sally is thinking of, specifically. My logic may be wrong at times, but I've always tried to draw the best conclusions I could given the information I had. Unlike Morsul and Sally, I had no evidence Sally was innocent until Morsul Seer-cleared her (at which point I did my best to gracefully drop the issue).

Moving on from talking about myself... Pitch makes a good point here:

Quote:
I'd missed this in my long post, but Boro voted right at deadline in a way that wouldn't alter the outcome of the lynch. He had a choice between lynching Lalaith or Nerwen (assuming Nerwen wasn't about to make a last-second vote), and chose to disown the decision by voting for a third party.

I would really like to hear more from Boro. His active-but-weird Day One was followed by a quiet-but-reasonable Day Two. Dare we hope for active-and-reasonable toDay?

Boro, Lalaith, Pitch, Shasta - there's a wolf and a cobbler in those four. And Boro and Lalaith are the ones who seem strangest.

hS
Old 01-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #158
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
You know, she needn't have died if Boro hadn't been so keen on lynching me over Lalaith
Funnily enough, I feel the same way - as an ordo I am clearly of much less use to the village than Ranger Nerwen- if she hadn´t died then we would probably still have our Seer too.
Having said that, Nerwen not voting two days in a row might have led her to die anyway?
Which leads me on to Morsul. Like I expect a few others I picked up on his Seer hints, but as this was coupled with his clear suspicion of Huey I too followed the reasoning Huey mapped out below:
Quote:
But a Seer who had caught the last wolf would just straight up say 'I'm the Seer, and he's the Wolf' -
I wondered if Morsul was Moon Moon as a result, hence my comments about disquiet in posts 129 and 131. - and my suspicion, picked on by Pitch, that a wolf or cobbler was "one of the quiet ones". However I couldn´t just come out and accuse Morsul outright, in case he was the real Seer.
However, this disquiet is obviously now dispelled with the sad events of last night.

Anyway I also agree that Sally at least is clearly innocent. (reading the rules again I see that the Seer can confirm all roles so would see if she were Moon Moon)

The obvious question is - did he also dream of Huey? The answer to the question, why didn´t he say so, might be that he found it unsporting to end the game on Day 2. My other question is, given that Morsul missed the first day, did he also miss the first dream?
State of play - we are down to six, we have four innocents who wish this village well, one of whom is, I am pretty sure, a confirmed innocent. There is the wolf and Moon Moon who may or may not have worked out who his wannabe packmate is.

Quote:
Lalaith - who do you actually suspect? I haven't seen very much indicating you think anyone's guilty. Who is your #1 pick for the last wolf?
Well the answer to this, dear Huey, is obviously you, given the hints left by our late lamented Seer. But see my reservations above.

Who would be my suspect number two? My voting has sucked this far, and is partly explained by trying to make up my mind in the early hours of the night, fuddled by exhaustion or champagne. I will read through this thread again (thankfully it´s not too long) to see what I come up with.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:31 AM   #159
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
The obvious question is - did he also dream of Huey? The answer to the question, why didn´t he say so, might be that he found it unsporting to end the game on Day 2. My other question is, given that Morsul missed the first day, did he also miss the first dream?
I think he must have. His quote on the matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Sally to answer your question, I didn't realize we were starting I got me days mixed up.
If he got his days mixed up, he can't have sent in a Seer request on the initial Night.

There's also the fact that he took pains to clear Sally, but didn't mention anyone else as in the clear. So either he dreamed of Rune or Zil (always possible), or me as a wolf and decided that winning is for suckers (I guess?), or... he wasn't here, as he suggested. Looks most likely to me.

hS
Old 01-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #160
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

So I started re-reading everything but only got as far as page 2 before RL commitments took over. I´ve focused on the surviving suspects. Here´s what I´ve come up with so far.

Huey – starts off with banter with wolf-Rune and writes a poem mostly about his suspicions of Boro.
Argues with Boro about first-day productivity and then semi-agrees with Pitch that Boro might be Moon Moon. Reading back over day 1 I realise that there really was a high level of interaction between wolf-Rune and Huey.
Rune says, like Boro, that he doesn´t want to vote for Huey on the first day of the first game, and he votes for Zil instead. If the two were packmates, that would make sense, but it would also make sense if they weren´t, as wolf-Rune would on a meta level still want to be sporting.
Huey makes the first vote for wolf-Rune, which as Boro and others have pointed out, was a high-risk strategy for a wolf-Huey when only two wolves were in play. This is still a point in his favour for me, despite Seer-Morsul´s suspicions.
Boro – also starts with banter, mainly interacting with ranger Nerwen. Says he´s suspicious of too much productivity (which actually kind of makes sense) Keeps saying that he doesn´t like first day lynches (neither do I, in general, although in this game it proved unusually fruitful) But anyway, this statement could be said by either a bad or good Boro. Next day he feels he helped to expose Rune. The dubious Boro behaviour people commented on actually feels less dubious now on second reading.

Pitch – sums up everybody´s behaviour so far and thinks Boro is Moon Moon. Gets annoyed with Boro for suggesting (probably in jest) a no-lynch first day.
Says this about Rune which to me sounds like quite honest wolf-hunting,
Quote:
I see what you mean about Rune, he was a bit quick to agree without a good reason. He seems to be rather skimming the thread than digging in.
Now when he votes (for Boro) he asks Nerevar to guide him. I had no idea what this means and had to google it but this Elder Scrolls character appears to be the owner of a Moon and Star ring. Is this some sort of “I am Moon Moon” hint?
The next day he is arguing that Sally could still be guilty because Rune was apparently doomed on only 2 votes. I took issue with this and still do (Sally of course now a confirmed innocent)

Ironically, two out of the three non-voters on Day one are now confirmed innocents.
And something Sally about my voting for her
Quote:
Why not vote for an established candidate?
Reflecting on this comment it struck me it´s actually a good case for my innocence. This is exactly what a Lal-wolf at that stage of voting would have done when a sole packmate was at risk - gone for Zil, Boro or Nerwen. There are players who take a more high-risk approach to wolfing but I´m not one of them.