The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #201
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The case against Lal seems pretty weak...I mean to me it seems based off not a very good track record of voting, but when you're flying blind I'd be suspicious of anyone who had a squeaky clean voting record.

A wolf isn't flying blind, but they have to manufacture a case of suspicion against innocents. Often times blind innocents make their own mistakes in voting that wolves jump on. Lal's voting record isn't good, but her reasoning for her votes look genuine. Better than some of my reasoning anyway, and better than Pitch's.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #202
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I have a reading of Morsul's posts open in another tab, but it's hurting my brain.

Are we absolutely sure Morsul didn't send in a dream on the opening Night of the game? (I'm asking Gal in particular, but I'm not really expecting an answer.)
Alas, I don't think it would be fair to answer yea or nay with regard to Nightly activities. Many things can happen IRL to interfere with playing for various time intervals, but in the end I think it's most fair to rely on what players post themselves. I leave it up to you to interpret Morsul's posts either way.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #203
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Apropos of nothing, I'm uncomfortable with the lack of Shasta.

x'd with Gal. As I expected, and quite right, m'lady.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #204
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Since it's so quiet at the moment, I'm going to attend to some things around the house. I'll check back in a little while and hopefully I won't be all by myself.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #205
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Apropos of nothing, I'm uncomfortable with the lack of Shasta.

x'd with Gal. As I expected, and quite right, m'lady.

At work all day. I'm still convinced the wolf is Pitch, but I'm torn on Moon Moon. I'm more inclined to believe that Day 1-Boro was just roleplay-y and that it's Lal or Huey, in that order.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #206
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
At work all day.
*nuzzles*

Welcome back.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #207
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Actually, shower thought - Huey could be Moon Moon. His defense of Pitch doesn't really have any meat to it other than "well he just sounds like an Ordo". I don't recall (and this could just be my bad memory) that he ever actually answered the points I brought up against Pitch, just sort oF handwaved them.

As for Lal... I don't actually think this sort of "oh it's all so confusing" style is entirely out of her Ordo range, to be honest.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #208
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Huey and Pitch are voting together, even. I think that clinches it.

With the votes as they are, I hope Sally and Boro are both around. We all three need to vote together or Lal dies.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #209
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Not quite true. I can vote Huey and then only one of you needs to be here. If neither of you have shown up by 8:45 I'm going to end up doing that.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #210
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Huey and Pitch are voting together, even. I think that clinches it.

With the votes as they are, I hope Sally and Boro are both around. We all three need to vote together or Lal dies.
I will be here for DL, just going to have to use my phone rest of night so won’t be able to do much except make my vote post.

I think either Pitch or Huey are our best bets today.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #211
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

If Huey is evil and Morsul knew it, the former has to be Moon Moon. There's no way Morsul would have said nothing had he caught the second wolf. Of course, Morsul's fixation on Huey could mean nothing, but if it does mean something, it means we need to leave Huey alone.

++Pitch

*twitches*
Old 01-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #212
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I will be here for DL, just going to have to use my phone rest of night so won’t be able to do much except make my vote post.

I think either Pitch or Huey are our best bets today.
Agreed. If Sally shows I think Pitch is our best bet - if she doesn't, Huey should probably be the lynch.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #213
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I would never leave my boys in their time of need.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #214
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
If Huey is evil and Morsul knew it, the former has to be Moon Moon. There's no way Morsul would have said nothing had he caught the second wolf. Of course, Morsul's fixation on Huey could mean nothing, but if it does mean something, it means we need to leave Huey alone.

++Pitch

*twitches*
I don't think he had time to know it. Morsul's N1 dream didn't get put in as far as we're aware (best guess), his N2 was you, and he died N3.

++Pitch
Old 01-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #215
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I would never leave my boys in their time of need.

Oh, but just so we're clear, if either of you is evil, you're getting a glitter bomb in the mail.

x'd with Shasta
Old 01-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #216
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Oh, just so we're clear, if either of you is evil, you're getting a glitter bomb in the mail.
Am I the type of guy to turn down glitter, do you think? Bombs away, booboo.

(Not evil, though.)
Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #217
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Am I the type of guy to turn down glitter, do you think? Bombs away, booboo.

(Not evil, though.)

I have special plans for you.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #218
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I have special plans for you.
You can't just move in on me now that my moon and stars has been cruelly and falsely convicted!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #219
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
You can't just move in on me now that my moon and stars has been cruelly and falsely convicted!
Watch me.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #220
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so if we're wrong, what should you guys do toMorrow, besides mourn my loss?
Old 01-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #221
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Okay, so if we're wrong, what should you guys do toMorrow, besides mourn my loss?
Race to a vote, I suppose.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #222
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Speaking of which, I'm getting paranoid Boro won't come back.

My prince! We need you! <3
Old 01-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #223
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Understand that I hold you in the highest respects, no matter what plays out tonight and tomorrow, I will be mourning.

This is hard on me, but unfortunately I really hate getting my hands dirty...soooo

++Huey

I hope that doesn't botch it, but we'll see.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #224
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You are not serious right now.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #225
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Serious in that I've done everything I think I could...it's going to be close though.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #226
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Pitch-->Lal
Huey-->Lal (2)
Lal-->Huey
Sally-->Pitch
Shasta-->Pitch (2)
Boro-->Huey (2)
Old 01-02-2018, 09:01 PM   #227
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Argh!
I woke up anxious and found this. Oh dear. Good luck Shasta tomorrow, don't really know who you should ally yourself with...
Old 01-02-2018, 09:01 PM   #228
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline. Night 4 begins.

Does someone have the tally? I will need a bit of time to catch up.

Edit: xed with Sally. Lal is dead. She is an ordo.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #229
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Argh!
I woke up anxious and found this. Oh dear. Good luck Shasta tomorrow, don't really know who you should ally yourself with...
I'd say me, but I'm probably about to be dead as well. O_O

x'd with Gal
Old 01-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #230
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

"Well, we know one thing," said the vampire bat, "the pomeranian is innocent of the crimes."

"I told you so," said the dog.

"But who is responsible for the nightly murders?" prodded the pair of red eyes, staring around angrily.

"Sorry I'm late," said the warg. "It's not my fault, I was bred this way. What did I miss?" The red eyes glowered in answer.

"I'm certainly also innocent," insisted the gorcrow while hanging upside down and flapping his wings. Maybe the wings made too much noise for him to be heard, but not many heeded his words.

"The time draws near to make our choice," intoned the fell voice on the air.

"So be it!" replied the gorcrow, and a bolt of lightning struck the fell voice out of the air. A silence ran, as everyone knew that if they did not catch the murderer soon, he would get the better of them.

LIVING
Sally - Boo Joe, a teacup Pomeranian with abnormally sharp teeth and a Napoleon complex
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Shasta - squinting red eyes

DEAD
Rune - wolf, lynched D1
Inzil - ordo, killed N2
Nerwen - Ranger, lynched D2
Morsul - Seer, killed N3
Lalaith - ordo, lynched D3
Old 01-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #231
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Night 4 cheer

Old 01-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #232
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

And one more

Old 01-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #233
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 4

The villagers woke up to find themselves one creature short. They searched the rocks and crags for any signs of the one missing from their number, though without much hope. At last they found, almost hidden in the grass, an elegant looking tea cup, with what looked like the remains of a bloody cocktail inside. Beside the cup lay a bicorne hat, ownerless and forgotten.

LIVING
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Shasta - squinting red eyes

DEAD
Rune - wolf, lynched D1
Inzil - ordo, killed N2
Nerwen - Ranger, lynched D2
Morsul - Seer, killed N3
Lalaith - ordo, lynched D3
Sally - ordo, killed N4

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-03-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #234
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So... that was BoroMoon voting to protect PitchWolf, right? After voting yesterday in a way that looked like it was against him but actually (by timing) was safe?

I still can't see how Pitch is a wolf, but I don't think Boro can be, and if it's Shasta, then... I don't even know. Then well played, I guess. I think a Boro-Shasta team would have lynched Pitch, because Lalaith would be more likely than innocent!Pitch to kill me tomorrow.

And now we have two goodies and two baddies, so it all comes down to timing, and I don't even have the luxury of hanging around to see what happens (I woke up at 3am (and again at 3.35) for this...). So:

++Pitch

On the word of our confirmed innocent and the behaviour of BoroMoon.

Shasta, I hope you're around, because it's first to two.

hS, staggering back to the tree one last time
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #235
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I actually think none of you 3 are the wolf...it would be quite a good play if it was Shasta. Sally would be rolling over in her grave chucking glitter everywhere. She had done so well...too well actually
Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #236
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey
And now we have two goodies and two baddies, so it all comes down to timing, and I don't even have the luxury of hanging around to see what happens
Me neither, unfortunately.

++Huey

For buddying up to me and then turning on me when it suits him. Never trust a gorcrow!

Back to bed, see you later (or not). Á vala Nerevar!
Old 01-04-2018, 02:29 AM   #237
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And here I was just going to vote for myself because I haven’t the faintest clue. Oh well going with my gut.

++Huey
Old 01-04-2018, 02:54 AM   #238
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh brilliant!

Well done, Moon Moon! Come and join me in the feast!
Old 01-04-2018, 03:51 AM   #239
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aww, and I had all these big long posts I was going to write to fill the time while waiting to see if Boro or Shasta got back first.

So be it. At least I don't have to live with my guilt for failing the creatures of Deadmen's Dike.

hS, fluttering invertedly to the heart of the city to meet his fate

PS: As I'm sure I'll say again later (several times - it's me, I talk, you know this), well played to the both of you. And to Shasta for spotting the last wolf on Day Two - sorry I didn't listen!
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:37 AM   #240
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Aww, and I had all these big long posts I was going to write to fill the time while waiting to see if Boro or Shasta got back first.
You're not the only one. I was planning a song parody to keep you guys entertained while I waited to be lynched, but no such luck.

Shasta, I'm sorry - well not really, of course, but you deserved better after spotting me out of the gate. If it's any consolation, on D2 my wife kept asking me 'Are they suspecting you yet?', and I kept telling her 'No, but Shasta hasn't posted yet' - and then 'Here he comes. Bingo!'