The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2003, 06:53 PM   #41
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd probably walk right by him without realizing who he was. I tend to be oblivious like that.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #42
avarrogion
Wight

avarrogion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to avarrogion
The Eye

I doubt it will happen to me ...i am in Malaysia....
Old 02-22-2003, 07:42 PM   #43
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd probably say something like "Hey, aren't you Orlando Bloom? Wanna jump in one of those photo booths with me and get your picture taken with me?" Or else I'd ask him what it was like to be in such an epic trilogy.<P>Ah yes, I would love to think that I would be civilized, however I'm sure I would be very loud and annoying, like every other girl who's met him. I would hope that even though I would probably be loud, I would at least be witty since I usually don't get all flustered and not-knowing-what-to-say in situations like that.<P>Oh ya, and I'd ask him for the e-mail addresses of all the hobbits haha!

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM   #44
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If it was Orlando Bloom, I'd make a note of it, but leave him be. After all, I'm sure he's already practically mobbed when he walks out the door.<P>If it was Elijah Wood, I'd do the same. I think I'd do the same for every actor in Hollywood. Well... maybe not every one....
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:56 AM   #45
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I wonder what he'd say if you asked why he didn't "wrote" back? Maybe he wouldn't notice.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>*Ahem* hehe... maybe he'd say: "What?!"<P>"You are happily shopping with your best friend, and then suddenly... you look right into the eyes of... Viggo Mortensen... what would you do?" <BR>Ok, let's see what you people would do when you see Viggo. <P>O btw, I can't post till wednesday, so don't do any crazy things while I'm gone
Old 02-23-2003, 07:24 AM   #46
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

id jump on him screaming and drag him home with me to stay forever <P>or id drag him off to a stylish cafe (my treat of course ) and get him to recite his poetry to me or sing the lay of luthien or whatever over coffee and gateau
Old 02-23-2003, 08:32 AM   #47
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hows about this one...your ambling along the slave fields of Mordor and you look into the eyes of the beautiful Shagrat?

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #48
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Movies topic, moved to the Movies forum.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:37 AM   #49
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wouldn't notice Shagrat. My town is full of Orc-like people. In fact, as I once said, "If PJ runs out of Orcs, he only has to come down around here and he'll be surrounded by them." Yeah. In fact, Shagrat's probably around here somewhere, wondering what happened to the real Orc army
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:55 PM   #50
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

VIGGO!!!! VIGGO!!!!! VIGGO!!!!!! I would NEVER let go of him if I saw him somewhere!!!! <P><3Viggo Mortenson<3<p>[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #51
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Orlando?<BR>Go something like: "I know your face..wait, you´re Orlando!!! OMG, I just met a LotR actor! You know, you actually don´t look THAT crap without the wig..." <P>Elijah:<BR>Take one look at the eyes, then run in the other direction screaming. <P>Viggo???<BR>DON´T ASK! I have a complete scenario thought out on that one... it involves "fainting" in his arms and then having to be carried around... hold him and never let go...tape his voice... *swoon* *Sigh* *dream*<P>I guess you can see my preferances.....
Old 02-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #52
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I notice this is not asked about Brad Dourif, Ian McKellan etc.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #53
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A star is a star. they all get the same treatment, whether they be Orlando Bloom, Shagrat or what!
Old 02-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #54
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

brad dourif?<P>my screams of joy would echo across the universe
Old 02-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #55
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> A star is a star. they all get the same treatment, whether they be Orlando Bloom, Shagrat or what! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Glad to hear it
Old 02-23-2003, 05:12 PM   #56
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
only . . . . *figures in her head* 6 days, 1 hour and 28 minutes until I see viggo!!!! tee hee hee. <BR>I don't know what I am going to do when I see him! I'll probably faint. hehe . . . hope he catches me. not that I'm gonna be close enough to him for him to catch me, he's gonna be on a stage and I will be somewhere out there in the audience. sorry to brag, and I swear I'm not a fangirl!! Seriously!
Old 02-23-2003, 05:23 PM   #57
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

Well, if I saw MIRANDA OTTO in a store, I'd grin at my friend, start shaking like a leaf, ask Miranda to sign something, and start stuttering in her general direction.
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:49 PM   #58
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ok, let's see what you people would do when you see Viggo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Please see my above answers.<P>For Shagrat? I'd probably run him through with my sword. <P>Brad Dourif? See above. Sir Ian McKellen, I may actually say, "Good afternoon, sir , how are you?" or something along those lines, but I probably wouldn't spaz out like some other people say they would. <P>Miranda Otto? See my above answers (not the McKellen one). Can you guys see a pattern?
Old 02-24-2003, 01:43 AM   #59
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you take a sword shopping? Doesnt that spook your mates?
Old 02-26-2003, 06:45 AM   #60
Finnguala
Wight

Sting

Vedui, I'm back <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I notice this is not asked about Brad Dourif, Ian McKellan etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We're just getting started!! <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 6 days, 1 hour and 28 minutes until I see viggo!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> WHAT? WHERE? WHY? HOW?!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!!
Old 02-26-2003, 06:54 AM   #61
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

would anyone freak out and suddenly start spouting lines from Lotr in front of a cast member?<P>eg. Ian Mckellan is walking along, and you jump out in front of him and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"<P>or you meet Brad Dourif and push him down some steps and yell at him about leechcraft.<P>or walk up to Miranda Otto, flip your hair, and yell "You stay away from my man, human!" in a true Arwen moment.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:04 AM   #62
Finnguala
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Ian Mckellan is walking along, and you jump out in front of him and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> *LOL* Hehe, I'd love to do that! Isn't very nice, though
Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #63
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>or walk up to Miranda Otto, flip your hair, and yell "You stay away from my man, human!" in a true Arwen moment.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Leave it to you Meela, to make my day!<BR> Of course you can always just stare at her in that freaky way...<P>As for IanMcKellen, I doubt I would recognize him...
Old 02-26-2003, 12:54 PM   #64
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

If it were Elijah, I'd friek out. If it were Orlando, I'd friek out, and fervently wish for a change of appearance. Then I'd have dreams about him for the next year...or two...or three... and reproach myself for not saying something when I had the chance. :-( And then, when I get old, I'll remember it as an example of how stupid people my age can get. And tell my grandchildren about it.<BR>If it were viggo, or any one of the others, I'd be polite, try not to friek out, and ask for an autograoh or something, but not rip it out of their hands. Well...if it were Shagrat...I'd say: "Hello sir! Are you lost, maybe? Wrong planet?" <p>[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 02-26-2003, 03:56 PM   #65
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The question didn't say anything about shopping:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>your ambling along the slave fields of Mordor and you look into the eyes of the beautiful Shagrat?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, I don't carry a sword while shopping, but they make it illegal here. Otherwise, I probably would. It'd keep that pesky ex-boyfriend/stalker at bay, that's for sure....
Old 02-28-2003, 09:26 PM   #66
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

I'd take out mah trusty hithlain rope out of my authentic lotr pack, tie 'im up and take him home, or hang him in my locker. Seriously, I'd probably faint. *sigh*
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #67
Finnguala
Wight

Shield

And what about Sean Bean. (I don't like him at all) I'd scream something un-nice to him in Dutch (hehehehe) <p>[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Finnguala ]
Old 03-02-2003, 01:34 PM   #68
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

mmm... sean bean... i bet i'd faint
Old 03-02-2003, 03:13 PM   #69
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hmm... Sean Bean....<P>I'd do one of two things:<P>1. Leave him alone.<P>2. Involuntarily gasp, "Sean Bean!" and then feel stupid afterwards.<P>3. Try not to look like a fool and pretend I didn't see him.<P>I said two things, didn't I? Well, refer to the signature that says, "There are three kinds of people in this world:..."
Old 03-02-2003, 08:15 PM   #70
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

<B>Elijah Wood</B>: No reaction<P><B>Orlando Bloom</B>: No reaction<P><B>Viggo Mortensen</B>: No reaction<P><B>Everyone Else</B>: No reaction<P><B>Shagrat</B>: Ask for an autograph<P>They're just people. The only difference is that they're people that are known to exist in the world.<P>Okay, okay. If it were Elijah Wood and a certain someone who calls me his girlfriend were near, I would cast my hood over my eyes and hope I wasn't recognized.<P>Now if it were Peter Jackson or Sean Astin, I would be completely mesmerized by the adorable children they have! Then I'd ask SA to sign my Notre Dame hat, and ask his daughter to, as well. I just love children...<P>But I think my brother had a good (and funny) idea. This is what he said his reaction would be if he met Orlando Bloom while shopping.<P>Him: "Are you Orlando Bloom?"<BR>OB: (smiles) "Why, yes, I am, thank you."<BR>Him: "I am very <I>displeased</I> to meet you!"<BR>OB: "Oh, thank - what do you mean, displeased?"<BR>Him: "Oh, so it is funny tricks you are being?"<P>I wonder what Orlando Bloom's reaction to that would be... I wonder if that sounds familiar to anyone....
Old 03-04-2003, 09:37 AM   #71
finnguala

Sting

Hmm, yes... they're just people. But they are famous AND handsome AND cool And... <P>Btw, I might really meet one of the LotR cast in a few months!! Me and my best friend are going to some fantasy - thing a castle and maybe they'll invite one of the actors...<p>[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Finnguala ]