The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2002, 01:29 PM   #41
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Boromir would kick his little brother's butt! Beorn would beat Aragorn, king or not (they were so much tougher back in Beorn's day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) The Gaffer would beat Maggot, Galadriel would smoosh her son in law, Glorfindel would totally kill Legolas, he would also beat Gandalf, Gandalf is too old and creaky, Eomer would beat Faramir (not a good day for Faramir), but he gets to beat Eowyn, and is there anyone I forgot? That was a looong run on sentence! Oh yeah, Merry and Pippin, close one, but I think Pippin (book Pippin, movie Pippin...a disappointment) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Okay I'm done now.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:52 PM   #42
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Quote:
ARWEN VS. TINUVIEL
Well if we gave them tight bikiny's to wear and let them wrestle in a boxing ring to the vieuw of paying customers we could make a lot of money and I would shure like to see arwen when she..... Oh wait i'm losing it.

What about Glorfindel VS Legolas with both knives in melee combat and within a no magic area?(Yeah without his magic Legolas will kick his *** and finish him with that beautifull knife backhand sweep trick)

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
BUY SOLO VAPORIZER

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:56 PM   #43
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

OK, how about these matchups-

Saruman vs Balrog
Gimli vs Boromir
Thranduil vs Aragorn
Treebeard vs one of the Nazgul
Landroval vs Shelob
Lotho SB vs Fatty Bolger
Old 12-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #44
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Quote:
Saruman vs Balrog
Gimli vs Boromir
Thranduil vs Aragorn
Treebeard vs one of the Nazgul
Landroval vs Shelob
Lotho SB vs Fatty Bolger
Here I go:

It would be a close fight but Boromir would beat Gimli (barely). Treebeard would do considerable damage to a Nazgul, and Nazgul are really amazing, but I'd have to say Treebeard, he would definetly win the fight, but I don't think he would kill a Nazgu, those guys just don't die. I don't know Landroval so I'll not comment on that one. Fatty Bolger would beat Lotho, he's cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You're scaring me Helkahothion, hehe. That's just NASTY! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:27 PM   #45
WarBringer
Wight

WarBringer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would say farmer maggot, as he has those dogs and all of those gardening supplies...Also, the gaffer, was shaking like a little schoolgirl when the nazgul came up to him in the movie...how about this?

BUTTERBUR vs. BILL FERNY
Old 12-06-2002, 09:04 PM   #46
Tower of Moon and Shadow
Pile O'Bones

Tower of Moon and Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would say Bill Ferny he would kill Butterbur. Butterbur would forget that they were fighting and Bill would then stab him in the back.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:07 PM   #47
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

The point(s) are moot, because NONE of these would fight each other!! How about ya'll do some matching up between bad guys and good guys! Like Gimli verses Lurtz, or Ungoliant verses Gandalf the White, or something that makes sense! And Merry Christmas.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:44 PM   #48
Morgoth Bauglir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgoth Bauglir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

turin vs hurin

ahh too hard to think about now
Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:52 PM   #49
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Saruman vs. Balrog...thats an interesting one. It depends quite obviously more on what time period. Saruman at his height, or Saruman at the depth of his corruption? And it also depends obviously on which Balrog. Durin's Bane I can see being beaten by a decaying Saruman. Gothmog and Saruman at the height of both their powers would be an interesting battle (maybe Saruman could talk his way out of it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:53 PM   #50
Beren87

Sting

And do you see that??!!

<---------"Shade of Carn Dûm"! DO you know how long I've waited for that! *pats self on the back* Good Job me!
Old 12-07-2002, 01:13 PM   #51
Kiara
Animated Skeleton

Kiara has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, Knight of Gondor, sometimes it's fun to think of good-hearted battles between characters on the same side, don't spoil our fun!

And also, Warbringer: um, just 'cause the Nazgul freaked out a poor hobbit does NOT mean he's a coward. I mean, those guys are scared of no one save Glorfindel and maybe a few others, so don't diss the poor Gaffer. Besides, these are supposed to be fair fights (no dogs etc...). I still say Gaffer is the hobbit!
"What if you slept, and what if in your sleep you dreamed, and what if, in your dream, you went to paradise and there plucked a beautiful flower...and what if when you awoke, you held that flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 03:43 PM   #52
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Actually, I thought that it was Farmer Maggot who was scared of the Ringwraith in the movie. I mean, those were his dogs, weren't they?

Go Gaffer!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #53
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Diamond- This is about Merry vs. Sam.

In my opion Sam would kick butt! It doesn't take much to get Sam going.

And isn't one of the many meaning of Lord of the Rings that the little guy can often beat the big bully. Size DOSN'T matter.
Shelob was WAY bigger then Sam and that didn't stop him.

Of course if it was for Frodo Sam would most definatly win. Sam would have faced all the forces of Sauron for Frodo and would have taken down a good number of them before he fell himself.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:06 PM   #54
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Farmer Maggot would get the gaffer, if he didn't get talked to death first.

How 'bout Lobeliea and Wormtoungue? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

EDIT: Are we talking all full capabilities? 'Cause in that case magic counts. But if not . . . also, what about just using "bear" fists and teeth? Use what Iluvitar gave ya'!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] (My alter ego is talking, pay no mind.)

If the fights are just teeth and fists (and nails, and feet), I think there would be a dramatic switch in fight winning/loosing. And Pippin would so totally cream Merry!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ December 07, 2002: Message edited by: Mintyztwin ]

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 11:15 PM   #55
Artanis
Haunting Spirit

Location: The Wild (I just love solar powered computers, don't you?
Artanis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I know that this is not totally pure, but I am dying to know what the general opinion is on a fight between Darth Vader and the Witch King. My cash is on the WK, because a lightsaber will just slice robe, and a cuple slashes from a dark blade will have darth gibbering on the ground... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #56
WarBringer
Wight

WarBringer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sarumon and a balrog...that's tough i would have to go with sarumon... or maybe the balrog... how about we flip a coin? Anyway, how about this...

Maiar and elves,men,and dwarves vs. the Valar
Old 12-11-2002, 09:01 PM   #57
Beren87

Sting

Valar, no question on dat one.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:26 PM   #58
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Well, I know that this is not totally pure, but I am dying to know what the general opinion is on a fight between Darth Vader and the Witch King.
Well all if you start watching to what they really are Darth Vadre would not stand a change because he is just a mortal with no real powers.(oooh he can move stuff around big deal datr vader shmart vader) So the witch king will beat his butt all the way back to his pathetic little spaceship.

(Sorry I simply higly dislike starwars. It's stupid. People fighting with TL-lights give me a break.)

Anyway keep up the good work people!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] :
________
Honda VFR750F

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #59
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No way man Vader would kick his undead butt! The W.K. would attack but D.V. wouldbe able to just slice any blade he has then WHACK the old fork in the eye!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:01 PM   #60
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Quote:
How 'bout Lobelia and Wormtoungue?
Lobelia would whoop Wormy's little wriggling butt into the ground. Think about their personalities. Grima is a little sniveling weasel and Lobelia is a tough ol' mama! She would stab him with the silverware she wanted to take from Bilbo before he could hiss, "Saruman! Help!"...and Saruman would not help, of course...haha...Wormtongue: what a little coward...

I think Eowyn versus Emeldir would be interesting...

How about Arien versus Melian? That would be interesting: two Maia going at it...
Old 12-12-2002, 06:08 PM   #61
AddictedtoRumil
Haunting Spirit

AddictedtoRumil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

What about Arwen vs. Eowyn (Did anyone say that one yet?)
Old 12-13-2002, 01:29 PM   #62
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
How 'bout Lobelia and Wormtoungue?
Wormtoungue would distract Lobeilia by trowing silver spoons in a corner. When Lobelia runs towards them wormtoungue will back stab her like the little rat that he is.

And Darth Vader is a machine so the W.K. will just take out his battery's and he would die.
________
Starcraft Ii Replays

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:55 PM   #63
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
What about Arwen vs. Eowyn (Did anyone say that one yet?)
Yes, 1st page...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:18 PM   #64
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Re: Arwen -vs- Eowyn

THere is an interesting post from one of the old TOlkien newsgroups (remember those?) on this one, and I thought it particularly apropos, so I post it here in its entirety:

"Let's start with Luthien... along with being the 'fairest child of Elves or Men', the daughter of a Maia, and the most accomplished singer of all time, she also loved her man so much as to be willing to knock out her guards and leave home and face down Sauron and beat Sauron's sorry a** just to stand by him. She was willing to go with him straight to Thangorodrim itself, put one over on Morgoth(!), and even after all that still cared for him so much that she was willing to go to Mandos and talk the Valar into bringing Beren back to life. Let's face it: Luthien Tinuviel was one hot thoroughly accomplished scared-o-nothin' clever-as-heck she-elf.

"Now, let's look at Arwen... According to Return of the King appendices A and B, Aragorn first met Arwen and fell in love with her in T.A. 2951 - but Arwen wouldn't even give him the time of day until twenty-nine years later. Her father, Elrond, made it clear that she wasn't gonna marry Aragorn unless he became the Ruler of Gondor and Arnor; and when Aragorn joined the Fellowship and went forth on the hopeless mission to overthrow Sauron, did Arwen help him, as Luthien helped Beren? No! She stayed at home and read magazines until the War was already down to the last gasp, and even then she refused to show up herself but just sent all of Aragorn's friends south to offer all the moral support instead! Oh, sure, once all the dirty work was already done, then she shows up - probably carried all the way there in a sedan chair by some sweating oafish admirers - to finally say, 'Ohhhh, Aragorn! Now that you've become the king of several hundred thousand square miles of prime real-estate and defeated all of our dire enemies, suddenly you look much more handsome', and in the blink of an eye she's all ready to say the heck with what Dad thinks and marry him. ...Put it all together and what have you got? A cheap, greedy, standoffish gold-digging trollop.

"Luthien or Arwen? Come on! Stop kidding around. The 'fairest child of Elves or Men' wins hands down. If you're going to give us a contest, at least make it a relatively fair one."

To which I can only add...

Touche!
Old 12-13-2002, 09:51 PM   #65
Beren87

Sting

Lobelia and Wormtoungue...

One must take into account the fact that Wormtongue is still a man. Personal preferances aside, I think that Wormtongue would be doing quite well against lil Lobelia.

And can we please talk Tolkien, Star Wars has absolutely nothing to do with Tolkien.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:40 PM   #66
Aragorn_The_King
Animated Skeleton

Aragorn_The_King has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Farmer Maggot [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Gaffer [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Sorry Sam!
How about the Slinker vs. the Stinker supposing Gollum was cloned and each clone was 100% one way?
Aragorn vs. Gandalf (NO MAGIC PLEASE)
Well this was fun [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll go be cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] OOO It's legolas [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 03:55 PM   #67
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Which would win in a duel to the death?
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] versus [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] versus [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] versus [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] versus [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry, all the smilies in the last post got me thinking...

And Gandalf all the way: even though he is in the body of a man, he is a Maia, remember.

EDIT: Darn 8 smilie limit...I got all 10 matched up too...well, the last is the "eek" one with the "evil" one...

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 12-14-2002, 04:30 PM   #68
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you've missed out [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] also.

but anyway, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] thrashes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] beats [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] to within an inch of it's life and how on earth could [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] lose to anything as pathetic as [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]?
Old 12-16-2002, 06:39 PM   #69
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hence the previous, EDIT, dragoneyes...
Old 12-29-2002, 07:57 AM   #70
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think "y'all" is much worse language than #$^%, #&$^, or even donkey-$^#&%^ &*&%-eater, for that matter.

Feanor vs Fingolfin is an interesting one. Feanor's fully crazy, I'll admit that, and probably has the best sword, armour etc. that were ever made ever, but Fingolfin was more into studying the arts of combat. Feanor was always in his workshop. I'm in Fingolfin's corner.

Arwen vs Luthien is one slap-fight I'd really like to see!!

"What's he singin' 'bout you for? You too old for my man, %&^&$"
"You &*%&$, who you think you are copying me, anyway?"
JERRY! JERRY!
Old 08-31-2003, 05:32 PM   #71
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Luthien would beat Arwen hands down. I agree with Thenamir, and thank him for that wonderful bit from wherever he got it. Take THAT, PJ!
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #72
Firnantoonion
Haunting Spirit

Firnantoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

But don't forget Arwen is some kind of reincarnation of luthien, I think it would be a hell of a fight! (and i would pay mithril by tuns to see it!)
Old 09-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #73
Forest Walker
Animated Skeleton

Forest Walker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Forest Walker
Sting

interesting thread...

How about Shelob vs. Balrog? or Ungoliant vs. Balrog, to make it more evenly matched. That would be interesting. The Balrog would probably win, since Ungoliant eats light, and he's made from shadow....but then Ungoliant did eat herself.,...at least I think that was what it said.....and she wasn't exactly light.
Forest Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:52 PM   #74
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Quote:
But don't forget Arwen is some kind of reincarnation of luthien, I think it would be a hell of a fight!
Uh, Firnantoonion, actually Arwen isn't a reborn Luthien, Luthien is dead, gone, the only elf ever to leave the circles of the world.

Quote:
How about Shelob vs. Balrog?
Obviously the Balrog would win because Shelob is big and fat and lazy. However Ungoliant would probably put up a better fight, though both of them would probably run away to their dark lords before the balrog could touch them.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #75
you are within my realm

Question

im new here but what about Ungoliant vs. a Balrog? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 05:01 AM   #76
Firnantoonion
Haunting Spirit

Firnantoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Uh, Firnantoonion, actually Arwen isn't a reborn Luthien, Luthien is dead, gone, the only elf ever to leave the circles of the world.
I didn't literally meant reincarnation, but as luthien was the morningstar of her people, Arwen is the evenstar, and the image of luthien. furthermore, they both shared the same doom: they both fell in love with a mortal and died. Reincarnation was just the best word I came on last night, and i admit it wasn't a very good choice to use here.

but to stay on the topic:
how about a Balrog vs the Nazgul?

[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: Firnantoonion ]
Old 09-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #77
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think that the Balrog would win. He'd set the Nazgul's robes on fire & send them high-tailing back to Minas Morgul.

What about Lobelia vs. Merry? (Remember FotR when Merry was watching over Bag-end while Frodo napped & Lobelia came over?)

[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bombadil ]
Old 09-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #78
Elróthiel
Animated Skeleton

Location: Heaven, where Middle-earth and Zion are fused and all the guys are sexy beasts!
Elróthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How about Erendis versus Ioreth? or
Aldarion versus Isildur, and I'd love to see a fight between Glorfindel and Fingolfin!
Also Túrin versus Aragorn. I want Túrin to win since I love him to bits, and he could beat that stinky old Many Names to within an inch of his life, and more!
Anyhoo, continuing!
Balrog (Gothmog) vs Sauron.
The Mouth of Sauron vs The Eye of Sauron [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Both Blue Wizards vs Gandalf (grey) and Radagast.
That's all!
From
Elróthiel, the Insane Elven Goddess of Hilariosity and Laughter Who Sees the Corruption of the World Today!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:14 AM   #79
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Goodness Gracious Me! How could anyone ever think our Prince of Mirkwood could EVER beat Glorfindel!!!! Glorfindel would just own him! Same goes for Éomer and Faramir, Éomer would kick the crap out of Faramir!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:50 AM   #80
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Actually, I think Eomer and Faramir were very similarly matched.

Any thoughts on this fight?

ERU vs TOM BOMBADIL

Hmm?