The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #641
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Bad scripts should be send to Mordor. Right now the most common complaint I read in the newspaper movie reviews is that the acting is good but that the scripts are terrible. I agree, the scripts aren't intelligent and they are usually too safe and therefore bring.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #642
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
1420! Sports-related Mordor assignees:

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the Packer game and the UW men's basketball game on at the exact same time needs to take a trip to Mordor. That was not a smart idea on their part.

Also, whoever was behind the decision to move Monday Night Football to ESPN next year should go to Mordor. Not all of us have cable, you know.

And finally, my beloved Green Bay Packers should at least temporarily go to Mordor for managing to lose to the Vikings despite leading for a good portion of the game. They can come back from Mordor once they finally win some games!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #643
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand Argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
They can come back from Mordor once they finally win some games!
And when will this be, Oromin? Next season? Next decade?

I want to send whoever thought it was a good idea to raise our county sales tax to pay for the new stadium for the Packers. Also annoying people who care too much about pro football and thus are willing to physically attack anyone wearing Viking colors. And my family members who try to make me interested...

Also history seminars about subjects you THOUGHT you were interested in but really aren't and now have to write a 10 page paper about (I don't care about the Albigensian Crusade, I really don't). There goes the history major (maybe, unlikely...).

EDIT: On that note, also send bad attitudes and exhaustion to Mordor! But wait, it already has a copious amount of both of those...

Last edited by Laitoste; 11-22-2005 at 01:36 AM. Reason: I had another thought...
Laitoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #644
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Update

You may remember my rant about the pervasive media and how they had now reached the point of advertising on stairs - on the actually steps themselves, those things you walk on to move up or down. It is with immense glee that I report to you all that they are now covered in mud and grime.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:50 AM   #645
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

The dark circles under my eyes <-- Less than six hours of sleep <-- Having to do homework late at night <-- Procrastination <-- The Downs
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:18 AM   #646
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
My argumentation teacher has officially earned an uncomfortable home in Mordor yesterday... I cannot believe he seriously failed me. I’ve never failed anything in my life. Also, not really sure whether I find his grading strategy of ‘everything over a B is for fellow teachers and an A is for God alone’ at all acceptable. Quite discouraging, come to think of it.

Also, I’d like to assign

- People who do not believe in the philosophy that when something is boring you make it fun, and when it’s still not fun after you tried, you drink lots of tequilas and dance on the bar.

- People who think that - just because you dance with someone in a flirty manner - you are in love and destined to be married and have many babies.

- People who find love no proper motivation to move to Scotland.

all to Mordor. Blah.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #647
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
White-Hand

Summarily banished to Mordor by me are:

- Annoying telesales people who do not seem to understand the meaning of the polietly phrased no thanks!

- British telecom for refusing to update our exchange so that our village can finally get broadband like the rest of the World!!!!

- And stupid ignorant people who think writing is a waste of time and effort!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #648
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I'm sending the dance/drama teacher to join Cailín's teacher in the uncomfortable house. Before she started teaching, she was a proffesional in what she teaches and she expects that everyone in the musical has to be perfect to. It makes me so mad!!! I mean come on!! We're only in high school!!!

And going along those lines, I'd like to send people who talk during performances to Mordor. I swer I was this close -----><------- to getting up and smacking them across the head.

Another thing I'm sending are long rehersall hours. The drain you so much. I just want to go to bed. But I won't.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:53 PM   #649
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe two words:

Michael Moore.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 11-24-2005 at 04:56 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #650
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Michael Moore.
Ooh I don't know. For some things yes but we watched a film of his the other day, Roger and Me, and it was really very informative and good.

For me, I'll send mixed messages. Oh so confusing! Especially when they're from people you thought you at least mostly understood.

Last edited by Kath; 11-24-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: becoming English!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #651
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Accidentally deleting your veeery long reply to a PM. Argh!

And electronic mice that have lives of their own, clicking on things that you didn't tell them to click and not clicking on those you did. If it comes to worst, I might have to look for an electronic cat to get rid of them.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 11-25-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #652
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
- People who do not believe in the philosophy that when something is boring you make it fun, and when it’s still not fun after you tried, you drink lots of tequilas and dance on the bar.

- People who think that - just because you dance with someone in a flirty manner - you are in love and destined to be married and have many babies.

- People who find love no proper motivation to move to Scotland.
Now now now. There are stories to be told here. Out with 'em!
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 AM   #653
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Wimpy snow! I mean come on! If it's going to snow then do it properly, not for 3 minutes in the middle of break when it doesn't even settle. If it's going to be so cold it snows then we should at least get the day off school, but for that we need snowdrifts! Hmm, or the heating has to be broken - that has possibilities
Old 11-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #654
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianna
CALCULUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most abhorrid of subjects! It's more letters than numbers. And the only numbers involved are 0, 1, and 2, and on rare occusasions 3. That's the worst of it; you work for 10 mintues on a single problem, retrace your steps every other step because you forgot the chain rule or some other little oddment, and finally arrive at the answer: 1. (the loneliness number...)

Sorry, this is my first post in this section and I should start by saying new, but.... I read this and I agree with a small ammendment.

Send Newton to Mordor!! I know he's long dead but bring him back to life and send him there. I'm on my second year university, taking a Bachelor in BioChemistry and I've studied A LOT of boring stuff.... yet there's nothing I despised more than Calculus last year and now Physics... and guess what? yes, Newton is one of the most important names in Physics and he laid out the fundamentals of Calculus..... I'm starting to believe that Newton was Morgoth in a clever disguise.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 PM   #655
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I'm on my second year university, taking a Bachelor in BioChemistry and I've studied A LOT of boring stuff.... yet there's nothing I despised more than Calculus last year and now Physics... and guess what?
Ever thought about changing your major to something where you won't have to use the words "boring" and "despised" in the same sentence to describe it?

Oh, keeping this on point:

I conassign to Mordor anyone who offers unsolicited academic advice.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #656
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
Ever thought about changing your major to something where you won't have to use the words "boring" and "despised" in the same sentence to describe it?

Funny, but actually I'm taking BSc in Biochemistry because it's pretty much a requirement to get into Med School which is what I REALLY want to do.

Back on topic, I'll also send snowy stairs to Mordor... It's been a week since I slipped on some steps covered by snow and my back is still hurting
Old 11-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #657
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim

That's me in Mordor then. Not only have I given lots of unsolicited advice when I was training other trainers, but I have also endured academic torment without changing my subject. I decided to do Economics A Level and about a month into it I realised it was the most boring thing in the world ever, but the teacher wouldn't let me drop it and do Geography instead. Most of the class thought it was boring too, and despite the best efforts of the teacher (who was a very nice man) to liven things up by provoking us about Margaret Thatcher, it remained boring for the whole two years. Many lessons would simply be shunned in favour of hanging out in the woods or maybe retiring to the library to indulge in a few illicit games of poker if it was raining.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:40 PM   #658
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
That's me in Mordor then. Not only have I given lots of unsolicited advice when I was training other trainers, but I have also endured academic torment without changing my subject. I decided to do Economics A Level and about a month into it I realised it was the most boring thing in the world ever, but the teacher wouldn't let me drop it and do Geography instead. Most of the class thought it was boring too, and despite the best efforts of the teacher (who was a very nice man) to liven things up by provoking us about Margaret Thatcher, it remained boring for the whole two years. Many lessons would simply be shunned in favour of hanging out in the woods or maybe retiring to the library to indulge in a few illicit games of poker if it was raining.
You should have done what I did -- I registered as a History/Archaeology major and proceeded to take almost exclusively English credits. By the time I was entering my final quarter I had exactly three Ancient History credits, no Archaeology credits and about a dozen English credits. This happened because the History courses were boring and the English courses were fascinating.

Following the advice of a wise academic advisor I changed my major to English in that quarter, registered for an entire year of English courses (to make up the requirements I had missed) and proceeded with the busiest and most enjoyable year of my academic life...

(It was in that quarter, incidentally, that I took an Honours Seminar on Tolkien.)

Oh yeah, the topic....

I conassign to Mordor people who chat in-thread.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #659
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
But... but that's how I've gotten to know so many fascinating people! And also... I do it fairly regularly. And I'm barely qualified to be doing it in the first place.

I assign any injury that has to do with finger or toenails. My thumbnail is supposed to remain firmly attached to the nail bed at all times.

I also assign shin splints.

I could just assign myself as one of those hopeless case klutzes. That way every time I get hurt, it's already conveniently in Mordor.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #660
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now I think I'll ship to Mordor lazyness. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we never felt lazy? and even more importantly, wouldnt Sauron and company be easyer to defeat if they just got veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery lazy all of a sudden?

Now that I think about it, I also assign people who only complain about bad things but never comment on the good things of life! (for example, myself assigning a couple of things to Mordor yet nothing to The Shire!)
Old 11-26-2005, 08:44 PM   #661
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
By the time I was entering my final quarter I had exactly three Ancient History credits, no Archaeology credits and about a dozen English credits. This happened because the History courses were boring and the English courses were fascinating.
First, History is one of the coolest subjects ever. Second, how could you only have that many credits? I've been pulling 17 a semmester!

I hereby assign anyone who thinks that something is intrinsically wrong with a girl who has no interest in fashion, looking "pretty," marriage, or even dating. And with them, anyone who dares to suggest that not having a significant other lowers your value as a human being.

And my sister, for trying to cut my hair this week in attempt to make me "prettier."

Completely unrelated, anyone who doesn't understand the concept of personal space.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #662
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Completely unrelated, anyone who doesn't understand the concept of personal space.
Oh, darned... I'm off to Mordor. Yet, so that I don't get so lonely, I'll assign anyone who does not understand that the north american concept of "personal space" is what in south america is considered the most acceptable distance to be from other people when you want to talk to them.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 AM   #663
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Now now now. There are stories to be told here. Out with 'em!
Hey, I'm trying to be nice and family friendly here.

--

I would love to stay on topic but don't have anything to send to Mordor today. I'm in one of those strange, unusual and unnatural happy moods that are actually solely suited for toddler-television shows.

Edit: Oh, I did think of something! I send house mice to Mordor. I really do not understand why they would all come to my house for shelter this winter. Normally, I’d just get a cat, but my roommate’s allergic... Any other ideas as to how to drive out mice? Cause frankly, I’m close to the point where I give up, start taming them, dolling them up in cute little outfits and sing to them in a Cinderella-like manner.

Last edited by Cailín; 11-27-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #664
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
You should have done what I did -- I registered as a History/Archaeology major and proceeded to take almost exclusively English credits. By the time I was entering my final quarter I had exactly three Ancient History credits, no Archaeology credits and about a dozen English credits. This happened because the History courses were boring and the English courses were fascinating.
Sadly that's not how it works here as students specialise early. Upon entering sixth form the student chooses a few subjects, sits exams at the end of the year and then chooses the four they want to do for the final year A level exams- and in my time you could only choose to do the four subjects for the whole two years. It's not much better at University; you choose a subject, and stick with it, though some may do dual honours and you often take options from similar subjects in the faculty. Sadly, English & History weren't in the same faculty at my Uni or I'd have gladly broadened my options.... Though this did lead me to do an Art History unit and learn from an Art student how to get the lids off beer bottles using only my bare hands and a wall, which has been useful.

Keeping on topic.... ...... I send to Mordor the most important of all the great Christmas traditions, yes, checking that all the bulbs are working in your light sets! We sat this afternoon checking bulbs in a set of lights that wasn't working and what a surprise, it was the final bulb checked which was the broken one! Now that this task is accomplished I will soon have the second greatest Christmas tradition to look forwards to, and that is trying to get the things to stay fixed to the window frame when I put them up!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #665
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
May I send horrendously early Christmas preparations to Mordor? You still have four weeks Lal. Four weeks of non-Christmas. Why torment yourself more than you have to?

Last edited by the guy who be short; 11-27-2005 at 03:10 PM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:06 PM   #666
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

I am Christmas-aholic. I bought my Christmas puddings in September so I could get the ones I liked before they sold out, telling the cats to behave or else Father Christmas won't be leaving them any treats, and I've been thinking about what decorations are going where for weeks. I shall have regressed to the mental state of a four year old by the time Christmas Eve arrives because I'll be so excited. I've even added some Christmas music (including Slade and Wizzard) to my MP3 player...

Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #667
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Go Slade ! ! !

I assign all of the christmas advertisment, besides bothering me in general it allso forces me not to take ant work as a postman as it is to hard a job (and cold) compared to what they pay.

I guess I could just assign christmas. Luckely christmas in Denmark is called jul (yule), a name that is the same as the viking word for a tradition that lay around the same time as our christmas. This means I can just pretent I am selebrating somthing else and thereby enjoy it.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #668
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Rune... if you don't ship Christmas to Mordor I guess I'll have to.
I must admit I Come from a country in where Christmas is not nearly as big a celebration as it is over here, yet THIS IS INSANITY! Still almost a month until christmas and you can't go to a shopping mall without hearing at least ten different christmas songs! GIVE ME A BREAK!!! At least they should mix in some Hanuka songs... like Adam Sandler's, that's a funny song =)

I also send my beard to Mordor... I still remember when shaving was fun... but then, I would shave once a week and it would take five minutes... darned, I wish I was a young kid again. So I'm also sending old age to Mordor! (although I'm not that old myself)
Old 11-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #669
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I will allso like to assign NOT beeing a teenager to Mordor.

You lucky, lucky b....... what I would not give to be a teenager! (I feel so old )

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:05 PM   #670
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I will allso like to assign NOT beeing a teenager to Mordor.

You lucky, lucky b....... what I would not give to be a teenager! (I feel so old )
Don't get me started on that.... I'll leave my teen years in 3 months and 19 days!!! But what really bugs me is that most people think I'm 25.... which brings me to my next point

I assign to Mordor the ages of 20 and 25.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:10 AM   #671
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I assign to Mordor the ages of 20 and 25.
Be glad, Rune...you're now ageless!

I conassign to Mordor forgetting my ideas for this reaction paper I had to do on a play because I did it two days after watching.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #672
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I conassign my own conscience. One lie, and not even an important one, which makes it that much worse, is going to ruin my day. I could have just told my professor the truth, which would have made for a more interesting story, but seriously, what do you do when the truth is less believable than the subtle untruth? *sigh*

Kids, lying is BAD. Even if you get away with it, which I'm quite sure I will, your conscience will haunt you, if your parents did a good enough job instilling a mean and nasty one in you.

PS: I also assign my parents for molding my conscience. I blame them for this.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #673
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

On the next boat to Mordor I will send "doing things the right way".

I have to talk to my Physics prof. and also I have to come to the computer lab (where I'm at right now) to do some research for a paper (yes, I know, but I promised myself I'd be good if I just posted a little tiny bit on the 'downs).

Now, the first thing I wanted to do is come over here so that I'd get a computer right away. But talking to my Physics prof is more important and therefore I decided to go over to her office, even when I knew that she would probably not be there.

And she wasn't

But then when i came to the computer labs I had to stand in line for the best part of 10 minutes while waiting for someone to leave.

From now on, I will do things the "lazy" way not the "Right" way...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #674
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I conassign extremely common names. You have no idea how confusing things can get when you know four or five people with the same name and you have to resort to saying things like "French Daniel, not Daniel who wears black" in conversations just so people know who you're talking about. It's no wonder that half the people I know with really common names try to go either by their last name or a nickname.

Edit: I also conassign having to go back to school and get up early after a long weekend. It's so hard to drag yourself out of bed!

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 11-28-2005 at 04:57 PM. Reason: One more to add
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:59 PM   #675
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
I conassign extremely common names. You have no idea how confusing things can get when you know four or five people with the same name
AMEN!! Finally someone who understands this plight! I have counted, and I personally know 32 other people who share my name. You have know idea how confusing it is. Both of my roommates share my name! Phonecalls are impossible to answer, becuase we always have to specify which one, and sometimes the person calling doesn't know!

On topic, I assign to Mordor tests that are entirelly essay questions that no human being alive could possibly finish on time.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #676
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Forgetfulness makes Enca mad.

To Mordor with coming up with really cool ideas and then... wait, what was I saying?
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #677
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
On topic, I assign to Mordor tests that are entirelly essay questions that no human being alive could possibly finish on time.
Ah, I see you're also in my psych class. I often think that her tests are less on psychology than on time management. Seriously, who puts two essays in one test that also includes ten short answers, eight compare/contrasts, and the occasional section of matching? Who does that?

I agree with the name thing too. There's a girl I hang out with who not only shares my first name, but my middle as well! I blame my parents for this. If only they'd been more original.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #678
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
To Mordor with it, I say!

Being called to do something at the end of the day, then finding out that this vital assignment consists of watching the person who called you watch someone else do something (you're not sure exactly what) for an hour without even being spoken to. Only if you'd left earlier, this person couldn't have added on to your workload for the next day and cut half an hour off of your time to do it in after letting you stand around and watch the lack of activity for an hour. This especially belongs in Mordor when said behavior is a continuing pattern and you have to work with the person who did it all day and all night the following day, which means that you'll be up until 2-3 AM for no particularly good reason. And he steals my pens too.

Tomorrow through Wednesday morning is not going to be pretty. Not a thing I can do about it without risking getting demolished when grades come around.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:48 PM   #679
Kal-el

all terrorists
Old 11-29-2005, 02:30 AM   #680
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I am most distressed... my name has been sent to Mordor, and I want it back!

The plethora of Michaels in this world has never bothered me, despite being known in early school years as "Michael J", or in church as "Michael Joosten Jr." (to differentiate from my grandfather), or simply jumping everytime someone says Mike...

Meanwhile, it is 1:30 in the morning here, and I am haranguing about my name...

I assign to Mordor (that is correct, linguistics masters, I am giving this ugly thing an assignment to the land of Mordor) having to work until 12:30, 1:00, or 2:00 in the morning.

I don't care if those drunk college kids are hungry or not! Let them eat cake!

I also assign those chronically drunk college kids...