The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
Alkaran

Sting movie weapons

i collect weapons(swords, knives, etc.) so i love the movie weapons. there's only one problem.... they need to make more of them! i mean i would love to see Gimli's axe or Legolas's swords (or even better, his bow!) there were so many different types of weapons in that movie, and it would be terrific if some were made and sold. i know i'd buy them! does anybody else agree or just collect weapons?
Old 04-13-2002, 09:30 AM   #2
Ahanarion
Haunting Spirit

Ahanarion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I completly and totaly agree but what I really wan't is Gandalf's staff.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
Alkaran

Sting

true! but you can make it yourself with a lot of wood and a lot of time (and some tools
Old 04-13-2002, 12:17 PM   #4
Brimstone Goldenwing
Animated Skeleton

Brimstone Goldenwing has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I do know you can buy Sting and Glamdring at <A HREF="http://swordsonline.com" TARGET=_blank>Swords Online.com</A>. Just type down Lord of the Rings in the search thingy I hope they make more and more LOTR weapons
Telepathic powers and strength of the gods,
Gives them an advantage that beats all the odds,
Elves and orks and humans alike,
All have a fear of the dragon’s great bite,
And nobody dares to fight the great creature,
For there’s something to fear of its every little feature.
-"Dragon's Feast", part of poem by David Bankson
Brimstone Goldenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 02:10 PM   #5
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
I totaly agree with you guy's. I'm from holland and just discoverd this site by accident. I wish you could buy that sword of Boromir I mean, it's nasty, big and totaly detailed. It would be very nice also to buy that axe wich Gimli used in his attempt to destroy the ring at Elrond's coucel. But hey, you can't win em all.
________
C SERIES

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:10 PM   #6
Boromir's Lady
Pile O'Bones

Boromir's Lady has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There have been quite a few of the weapons made and available for purchase. There are only two companies that have the official license to re-produce these weapons and they are United Cutlery and The Noble Collection.<P>The first five swords produced and available for immediate shipment are:<BR> <BR>*Sting™ - the sword of Frodo Baggins<BR> <BR>*Glamdring™ - the sword of Gandalf the wizard<BR> <BR>*The Sword of the Witchking™ <BR> <BR>*Narsil™ - the mighty sword of King Elendil<P>*The Sword of the Ringwraiths™ <P>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>You can Pre-order:<P>"Shards of Narsil"<BR>"Uruk Hai Scimitar"<BR>"Sword of Arwen"<BR>"Strider's Ranger Sword"<BR>"Sting Scabbard"<P><A HREF="http://www.bladesbybrown.com/lotr.html" TARGET=_blank>LOTR Swords</A><BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<P>Gimli's axe is available to purchase through 'The Noble Collection' for $129 last I checked. <A HREF="http://WWW.Noblecollection.com" TARGET=_blank>WWW.Noblecollection.com</A> <BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<P>I am STILL waiting to hear if they will make Boromir's sword or not - it is my fave (so far). Over on TLOTR message board many fans have posted urging UC & Kit to make his sword! I have also seen pics of Eomer, Eowyn, Theoden and Faramir's swords - which may also be made in due time!<p>[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Boromir's Lady ]
~*Have you seen it, Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?*~
Boromir's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:35 PM   #7
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Ainalondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oooh, I would love one of the original props straight from the film set.<P>I can only dream though.<P>If I had a little more cash, and a bigger house, I would have a collection of Swords, displayed over the front Hall...Still dreaming...my LOTR swords would have pride of place.........

Read Feist
Ainalondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #8
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Sword of Arwen!? AHHHHHHHH! Sorry, had to get that out......
Old 11-07-2002, 09:05 PM   #9
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

You can find these afore-mentioned blades as well as some other stuff (including Arwen's sword and a bow of Lorien...even an Uruk-Hai scimitar!) at <A HREF="http://armsofvalour.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AOVL&Category_C ode=LR" TARGET=_blank>Arms of Valour's Lord of the Rings</A><P>Your welcome!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:11 PM   #10
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Knight of Gondor! Why did you have to do that too me!!! *sob* Now I can never be happy again!! I want a sword!!! <P>Okay, done ranting and raving. (No offense meant, Knight of Gondor ) <P>Wow. Those were totally cool. I really wish I had enough money to get some! Specifically: The bow. I am going to learn how to actually shoot a bow, so I would do less damage than if I had an actual sword. (I see bloody fingers.)

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:59 PM   #11
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd love the Sword of the Rangers - it's functional as opposed to Narsil There are a few people I'd like to... Eh, oopps.
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:57 PM   #12
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

None taken, Mintyztwin. I'm sure glad you can copy and paste names like that without worrying about pronouncing them!!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote