The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #161
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And what in Middle-earth is Boro up to? I could see him as a villain trying to pose as one of the lover-roles–
Well hishints are really rather boldly out there so it makes me wonder, as do many others who are throwing various hints around, mainly the phantom. This game is crazy.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #162
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Thank you for the defense, but can I have one of your lions just in case?
Nope, I don't want to risk you brutally killing them at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Are you the type of wolf to sieze on the oppurtunity right now, or try to butter me up so I taste better?
I would so try to butter you up as I best can and eat you a night before you'd begin to get dangerous to me. I can be very sweet if I want to.
However I don't think I was particularly defending you - rather I was complaining about the quality of the votes.

Quote:
"do you think the lovers will want to help us more or the wolves?,"
They hopefully realise themselves that their chances of survival are better if they help us because they still count as innocents (or do they? Wilwa?) and the wolves want to kill each and every innocent.

Quote:
It makes Lommy look innocent, because it is brutally honest.
It was that "Silly, I know. " which made me feel bad about it, like she was trying to altogether downplay the whole comment with it. Like, "see, this was just a silly thing that occurred to me (and I'm actually trying to leave a hint to the possible cobbler!)"
Personally I tend to be a very honest wolf - just because people don't think a wolf would do this or that. And therefore I have a hard time thinking a wolf could not be brutally honest.
But I am not going to vote for her today because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I do not have that "aieee" reaction, and now I wonder why Agan, you reacted to it? It looks a bit...over the top?
Because I had sort of promised myself I'd try to ignore Lommy for a couple of days, just to avoid possible conflicts. Or are you talking about why I reacted to it in the first place?

Quote:
Thinking about Hansel and Gretel, since Mith has brought it up. It might be wise to hold your powers today. Use them, when we get more information and are more confident.
Another option, if they haven't sent their choices yet (or are uncertain on any other day), is to muddle with the votes for people who have just one - that's the least likely way to cause a disaster. Also, if there's any chance Hansel & Gretel could be around & make their decisions only close to the deadline, I think they should. Think about possible last-minute gifted reveals, it's going to be a chaos if Gretel has doubled the vote of someone who voted for the gifted in question and Hansel cancelled that of someone's who's online then.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 06:19 AM. Reason: xed since Boro
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #163
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'm not quite sure if I like Mith's discussion of Shasta. It's somehow rather unsettling... like, I don't know, maybe it sounds a bit as if it was written by a baddie instead of a goodie?

Lommie, I understand where you are coming from and I wouldn't have been so explicit if it hadn't been for Wilwa's clarification last night. If I were a baddie I would have kept schtum more like. Remeber they have the advantage of knowing their fellows and they will know if Shasta is one of them. They aren't going to want him lynched if there is a possibility of turning them because believe me if we end up with 5 baddies 7 robber bridegroom and the possibility of multiple random deaths amongst the good then this could get to be a blood bath quickly.

BBW will surely check out Shasta if he knows he isn't a baddie. There is a 1/5 chance of him being LRC. I am just saying that if we aren't more certain about another candidate, lynching Shasta is damage limitation. Assuming he is telling the truth. Ruthless but when it comes to it we haven't got much margin for error.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #164
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, here they are:

Quote:
Hansel: He may be a small child but he's more powerful then he looks! Every Day, at any time, he sends me the name of a player. This player’s vote will not count. He cannot choose the same player two Days in a row. If he chooses the player who has the role of the Old Witch his vote will not count and hers still will. He will not be informed if this happens.

Gretel: She may be a small child but she's more powerful then she looks! Every Day, at any time, she sends me the name of a player. This player will be given double voting; therefore their vote will be worth that of 2 votes. She cannot choose the same player two Days in a row. She can choose herself once. If she chooses the player who has the role of the Old Witch her vote will not count. She will not be informed if this happens.
EDIT:X'd since Lommy at 161.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:27 AM   #165
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Has anyone an up to date vote tally? And I apologise for muddying the waters but who among us has not been tempted to smite the Phantom now and then?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #166
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fair point, Mith. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I'm still wondering whether I should retract or not, and if yes, who should I vote...

edit: xed with Mith
Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #167
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Lari -> phantom
Boro -> phantom
Mira -> Sally
Mith -> phantom
Kath -> Lommy
Sally -> Agan
Fea -> Boro
Gwath -> Boro
Nienna -> Fea
Shasta -> Boro.

I believe is the tally. Boro 3. phantom 3. Fea, Agan, Lommy, Sally 1.
After that
Lommy -> Shasta
Eomer -> Nienna
Boro -- phantom
Izzy -> Shasta
Inzil -> Nienna
Greenie -> Shasta
Mith -- phantom

So
Boro 3
Shasta 3
Nienna 2
Fea 1
Agan 1
Lommy 1
Sally 1
phantom 1
Old 05-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #168
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
as do many others who are throwing various hints around, mainly the phantom.
If you're talking about my opening post, those hints were actually accidental. At least the two that seem to go together were. Didn't even notice until Boro said something about it. I was just making random comments, and there are so many roles that random comments are bound to be more applicable than they were ever meant to be.

Anyway, I have no time to do anything (just like I figured would happen). I've been doing all my posts between sections of work, and I actually haven't read more than half of your posts closely. But starting tonight I'll have lots and lots of time, so no biggie.

For now, I vote, and then later tonight when I'm rereading I can slap my forehead for my terrible choice.

++Lari

For no other reason than her vote, which was not only for me (*gasp*), but she said she voted for me because she figured I wouldn't die. I could say several things about such motives, but I have to leave immediately. Good night.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:37 AM   #169
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Question

Wilwa, are we told in the Nightly narration if LRC is transformed into a wolf?

Because if we are, then I see much less point in lynching Shasta toDay.

edit: xed with tp
Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #170
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I make it :

Shasta 3 (Lommie, Greenie and Issy)
Boro 3 (Shasta Gwath and Fea)
Nienna 2 (Inzi &Eomer)
Fea 1 (Nienna)
TP 1 (Lari)
Sally1 (Mira)
Agan1 (Sally)
Lommie 1(Quath)

Boro and I have used up our retraction for the day.

So with the H&G factor anyone with a vote could get lynched I think?

Dangerous and 20 minuites to go.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #171
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I think our problem is that we expect each other to smart and to agree on stuff and when our expectations are failed by us disagreeing or one of us doing something the other one thinks silly we start suspecting each other...
Yes that's true. And it probably wasn't so bad if we didn't agree so much most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'm not quite sure if I like Mith's discussion of Shasta. It's somehow rather unsettling... like, I don't know, maybe it sounds a bit as if it was written by a baddie instead of a goodie?
The only thing I noticed about it was that it seemed to be written from a point of view that Shasta isn't a wolf. She mentioned the possibility once and then concentrated on other possibilities. I don't think it looked very suspicious in general though, and her reasoning in her next post is pretty good.

Garr I was planning to read through the thread before voting but I got distracted and there's no time anymore.

I could vote for Greenie because thus far she looks the most suspicious or Shasta, well, because of damage limitation - I don't find him especially suspicious (and no I really wasn't serious when talking about revenge voting earlier today! ) but I'd prefer Green.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: xed since Lommy's 166
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #172
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
They hopefully realise themselves that their chances of survival are better if they help us because they still count as innocents (or do they? Wilwa?) and the wolves want to kill each and every innocent.
Well, yes. Since they count as innocents they probably would want to get rid of the wolves. But if they end up in a situation where they could only survive by siding with wolves, then they'd probably do it. Lets say we end up with like 3 baddies and 3 innocents, and 2 of the innocents are a set of Lovers. Even though the baddies win, so do the Lovers, so they'd be perfectly happy letting this situation happen.

Deadline in 20 minutes.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #173
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Good we agree! Now then :

Shasta 3 (Lommie, Greenie and Issy)
Nienna 2 (Inzi &Eomer)
Fea 1 (Nienna)
TP 1 (Lari)
Sally1 (Mira)
Agan1 (Sally)
Lommie 1(Quath)
Lari 1 (Phantom).

If it comes to the crunch I may go for Shasta for reasons stated. Boro I am not sure about... he is too prone to stir things up on day one and often pays for it with his life....

Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #174
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Wilwa, are we told in the Nightly narration if LRC is transformed into a wolf?

Because if we are, then I see much less point in lynching Shasta toDay.
I think she said it isn't told directly but the narration may hint that way. I suppose we should be able to figure out if that's happened though.

Good point about lynching Shasta.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: xed with wilwa & Mith
Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #175
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
BBW will surely check out Shasta if he knows he isn't a baddie. There is a 1/5 chance of him being LRC. I am just saying that if we aren't more certain about another candidate, lynching Shasta is damage limitation. Assuming he is telling the truth. Ruthless but when it comes to it we haven't got much margin for error.
Yes, that's good reasoning (though pretty cold-blooded).

EDIT:X'd since Mith at #165.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #176
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm not enthusiastic about lynching Boro but then again I'm wavering about my vote for Shasta... so I may switch to Nienna. But somehow I wouldn't have a very good feeling about it either... Argh, difficult.

edit: xedwAgNer
Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #177
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Aganzir;597313]
The only thing I noticed about it was that it seemed to be written from a point of view that Shasta isn't a wolf. She mentioned the possibility once and then concentrated on other possibilities. I don't think it looked very suspicious in general though, and her reasoning in her next post is pretty good.

QUOTE]

If Shasta were a wolf then it was an interesting opening gambit to make himself so conspicuous. And of course it makes lynching him a better idea!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #178
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Now I may actually have to vote for Shasta. Luckily, I don't care about being hypocritical.

1. He is an ordo. Maybe not the best option

2. He is an ordo who is LRC, and this would eliminate the chance of the wolves picking up an extra one.

3. He is a wolf who wanted to emphasize his ordinariness. I doubt this, but would love for it to be true.

I can't see Shasta being a gifted, I know he takes a lot more pride in his giftedness. When he was the ranger first and I faked revealed to get him lynched, he was pretty upset and thought he didn't do a good job. But that fact is, that he stopped one of our kills, and he even left a clue to his successful protection of Kath, I was just somehow more convincing. So, I can't see Shasta, being a gifted, posing as an ordo and making people suspect him. He might have changed, but from I remember he takes a lot of pride when being gifted.

The people I am suspicious of...

Gwath
Agan

And to some extent...

Mith
Greenie
Shasta
Old 05-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

--Shasta

++Nienna

Nienna 3 (Inzi &Eomer & Lommy)
Shasta 2 Greenie and Issy)
Fea 1 (Nienna)
TP 1 (Lari)
Sally1 (Mira)
Agan1 (Sally)
Lommie 1(Quath)
Lari 1 (Phantom)

edit: xed with Boro
Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #180
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I will not say directly if LRC is turned, and if I hint it would be quite small and perhaps not even the same Night it happens, but Days later. And really I only will if I think of a good way to hint it, which I may not. So, yes, it's possible for hinting, but probably not probable. So just stick with you not knowing if/when it happens.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #181
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Yes, that's good reasoning (though pretty cold-blooded).
Yes I did say it was ruthless but I don't like the odds for the goodies on this game. Ideally we would get a wolf but with day ones being as they are... there are worse choices. Again I feel it would be clumsy for a gifted to say I am an ordo don't bother with me. And we know Shasta is a canny gifted...
Otherwise we take a chance on Lari or Nienna for their flip votes (pot kettle ).

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-20-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: xpost since previous posts.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hmm...Nienna? What has she done?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #183
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Hmm...Nienna? What has she done?
I don't like her vote. And I felt like giving Shasta another Day - but it may have been stupid given what Wilwa just said.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #184
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Please no flood voting at the end, my brain wouldn't be able to take it.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #185
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh hell...

++Nienna

This is going to end horribly, I can tell.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #186
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shop's just about to close. A strange day, to say the least.

As I want Boro to live at least another day, my vote has to be

++Nienna

Because I'm pretty sure I can see what he's trying to do with this.

EDIT: crossed with Boro
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #187
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Sniff Boro you're evil!

++Shasta

I doubt he's a wolf but I'd rather see him die than Boro or Nienna, especially given the LRC factor.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: xed with two Nienna votes
Old 05-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #188
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yes her vote was interesting but what a band waggon!

Money where mouth is:

++Shasta.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #189
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So it's

Nienna 5 (Inzi &Eomer & Lommy & Boro & McC)
Shasta 4 (Greenie and Issy & Agan & Mith)
Fea 1 (Nienna)
TP 1 (Lari)
Sally1 (Mira)
Agan1 (Sally)
Lommie 1(Quath)
Lari 1 (Phantom)
Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #190
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Oh hell...

++Nienna

This is going to end horribly, I can tell.
This is suspicious.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #191
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just Nerwen I think....

Old 05-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #192
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
This is suspicious.
Look who decided to show up
Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #193
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Any of the top 3 could die..... I reckon...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #194
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If she votes for Shasta he dies (unless Hansel & Gretel have done something that concerns the two bandwagons), otherwise it's Nienna.

edit: xed and forgot their power can reach also the third bandwagon
Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #195
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

But I predict she will miss the DL as always....
Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #196
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've been watching when I should be working, but oh well. I'd like to explain exactly why you're suspicious tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #197
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

any last minute retractions?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #198
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

It's done. Stop please. Give me a bit for narration.

No, I'm not telling you anything til then. :P
Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #199
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

The Day was now over. The sun was beginning to set, and darkness was starting to cover the land.

It had been quite the hectic Day. Accusations were thrown around, hateful things were said, hints were dropped, and arguments over the tastiness of beer were running rampid.

Finally, one by one, the villagers cast their votes. 3 suspects stood infront of them at this time. Nienna, Shasta and Boro. Which would it be?

The clock ticked and the sun sank deeper when the villagers finally decided. Nienna would be the one to kill.

The village lead her to a quiet little corner of the village. It was a place no one went to anymore, and the contraption sitting in the middle hadn't been used in centuries. Gwath stepped forward and removed the large blanket that covered it. Everyone let out a small gasp at the sight of the gallows that stood infront of them. Had they really resorted to such barbaric things?

Agan tested the rope as Eomer brought Nienna to the center of the death machine. The rope was then placed gently around her neck.

"Well, she's evil isn't she? We shouldn't all feel guilty if she's evil." Boro said, trying to sound forceful and confident.

"Yeah, he's right. We're doing what needs to be done to save our village!" McCaber agreed loudly, tossing his fist up in the air.

The others mimicked and yelled a collective "yeah!". As their confidence built up they became less and less fearful of taking the young bookkeepers life.

"You're making a mistake." Nienna whimpered softly. The village looked at her sternly.

"No we aren't." Mith said, as the phantom pulled the lever. There was a quiet snap. Nothing else.

The village left Eomer behind as they walked solemnly home. Nienna's innocent body could be seen swaying gently in the moonlight as he lowered his shovel from his shoulder once again.

The four baddies smiled to themselves as they took different routes to the Old Witch's home, slowly changing back to their real selves as the night grew darker.

The dead:
Nienna - bookkeeper - hung Day 1 - ordinary villager

The living:
Nerwen - bookmaker
Eomer - gravedigger
Lommy - minstrel
Aganzir - jailor, arena and lions included
Sally - some poor serving girl who has no money to buy sweets
McCaber - humble shopkeeper
Izzy - baker
Mira - apothocary
Gaurcrist - blacksmith
Shasta - fletcher
Gwath - drunk vagrant
Boro88 - the shruberrer
Kath - restaurant owner
Inziladun - shruberrer's apprentice
Fea - Storyteller
Greenie - school teacher
Lari - fortune teller
Mith - herbalist
the phantom - the crazy book liberator

Night 1 is now. I need names from all those who need to give me names. No posting on this thread please.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #200
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

The Baddies entered the Old Witch’s house in the same order that they had the previous Night.

“I’m glad to be back to my strong self, I hate being a weak human.” The Big Bad Wolf grumbled angrily while flexing all the digits on his large paws.

The Ugly Stepsister gave him a sharp glare. “I enjoy being human, maybe not this specific human, but at least human. It would have been far worse if I had to turn into a disgusting Wolf for 12 hours at a time.” She sat down opposite him, to the left of the Old Witch.

“I’m just glad I get to be taller than usual. It’s quite lovely.” Rumplie added happily, the only one actually smiling right now, as he sat across from the Old Witch. “You should all stop complaining; at least we’re all alive!”

“Exactly.” The Old Witch said, with a grin. “Now we must decide on someone to kill. Any preferences?”

Their discussion went on late into the Night until they finally decided on their victim.

“Let me take care of it this time.” The Big Bad Wolf said with a grin. The others agreed and they all left the small house and returned to their own to get a short, peaceful sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In another corner of town the wielder of the looking glass sat in front of his mirror once again. He thought long and hard about his choice and finally spoke the proper words. He then went to sleep with the new information written down safely in his journal, hoping that what he was doing would be enough to save the village.

The Huntsman sat on an old chair in the corner of his little house. He was quite troubled by the way the Day had ended, wishing he could have done something to prevent the loss of an innocent life. He went restlessly to sleep, his axe tucked back safely under his bed, wishing he could do something more to help them.

The Fairy Godmother now sat on the roof of the village’s church, eyeing the silhouette of the gallows in the distance. This was not supposed to be how it happened; she was supposed to be protecting the innocent, not participating in their murder. She looked in a different direction and rested her eyes on the home of the one she was protecting that Night, praying her efforts would be enough to save this village.

The night grew darker and darker, slowly drawing closer to dawn. The village slept quietly, but certainly not as peaceful as they had been the night before. They all hoped that this coming Day would end better then the last.

It is still Night 2. NO POSTING ON THIS THREAD PLEASE.

Mod-note: I do these mid-Night narrations just to further along the story, and to amuse myself. (and hopefully you ) They contain no hints as to the Nightly activities, I promise.