The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #81
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>and Gimli has this surprised look on his face that's priceless!!LOL!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yep, that's diffenitly a priceless face! Although all the humour surrounding Gimli did get a bit tiresome .<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I also love The Emporer's New Groove <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Ditto. <p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #82
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm so glad Sean Bean is coming back for the third movie!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*blink blink* He IS? Where? When? Why? How?? More Sean Bean?? I don't know whether to be worried about more inconsistancies that are bound to arise or ecstatic that I'll be seeing more of Boromir... <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Every time Sam says "Mr. Frodo" I crack up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You must spend alot of time during the films laughing then... <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When Gandalf flaskbacks, I always imagine him sitting motionless for however long that flashback lasts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>LOL! I'll never be able to watch that again without imaging Gandalf sitting back at Rivendell with a zoned outlook on his face and Frodo waving his hand in front of his eyes...<P>FRODO: Gandalf? Hallo, Gandalf? Are you alright?<P>heeheehee..<P>*cough* Anyhoo, one thing that I've found amusing is when that one Ent puts himself out in the river water during the Ents' storming of Isengard. I also love that desperate, helpless, look on Saruman's face while the Ents tear his fortress apart.<p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 05:31 AM   #83
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was watching the Two Towers dvd this morning and I noticed Arwen fighting at Helm's Deep. They need to do a better job at cutting.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:05 AM   #84
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Tolkien

I always find it funny when Frodo says "Get off the road! Quick!" It sounds so forced. <P>In Rivendell when Boromir drops the helm of Narsil and Aragorn picks it up and puts it back, he puts it back crooked! This always made me very annoyed.<P>In Lothlorien, when Haldir and the rest of the elves are surrounding the fellowship, I always find it strange that while Aragorn, the hobbits and everybody else have their hands in the air, Legolas is aiming his bow right back at the Lorien elves.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:10 AM   #85
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm so glad Sean Bean is coming back for the third movie! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>*blink blink* He IS? Where? When? Why? How?? More Sean Bean?? I don't know whether to be worried about more inconsistancies that are bound to arise or ecstatic that I'll be seeing more of Boromir... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Really? Really??? Because that would be absolutley super! More information please!<P>Back on topic...<P>I saw some pictures of Arwen at Helms Deep. *Shakes head*. It was an absurd idea in the first place. Thank goodness they cut it. <P>And has anyone noticed that when the hobbits hide under the tree roots that Merry, Pippin and Sam are sharing out the mushrooms while Frodo is practically wetting his pants with fear? That made me smile. <P>And here's another thing I just remembered. When Frodo and Gandalf are in Bag End talking about the Ring and deciding that it *is* actually what they think it is. (I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly which point). They both simultaniously look over at it, and then there's just a still shot of the Ring sitting almost innocently on the table. It's almost like it's saying 'Who, me??'
Old 08-31-2003, 11:47 AM   #86
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>especially the part when Cronk's devil is listing this reason's why he should do the bad thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is my favourite part of that movie, besides the cat at the end. <P>Back on Topic- <P>Did anyone else notice, in Fellowship- During the beginning Concerning Hobbits scene when Bilbo is talking, the hobbits are putting up the birthday banner and setting up for the party: one of them misses when he's trying to pound in the peg! <P>And in the EE when the Fellowship is leaving Lorien, Legolas' "lembas commercial" , and Merry and Pip's faces in the following bit.<BR>I'll never see that scene the same after watching the cast commentary.

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 12:42 PM   #87
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And how in the world could Legolas pull up Aragorn and Gimli by himself? Unless there was a person behind him that I couldn't see.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>There was. You can't really see the guy who's helping him, though. All I saw was his helmet.<P>~<P>I always find Faramir's face hilarious at the end when he yells, "NAZGUL!"<P>At Orthanc, when Saruman pours the explosive powder stuff (I think that's what it is), Wormtongue looks over his shoulder out of curiosity. Saruman pushes him away and Wormtongue looks up at him and gives him this innocent little boy look that says, "I'm sorry, daddy. Did I do something wrong?"<P>A few minutes later, after Saruman shows Wormtongue his army of 10,000, Wormtongue sheds a tear...
Old 08-31-2003, 12:50 PM   #88
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

Hold on, wait, What?! ARWEN at Helm's Deep? Did I miss something, someone fill me in please! *mumble mumble*
Old 08-31-2003, 01:26 PM   #89
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hold on, wait, What?! ARWEN at Helm's Deep? Did I miss something, someone fill me in please! *mumble mumble* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I must be missing something, too... What's all this about?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> when Legolas shoots the rope that's hauling up the enormous ladder filled with Uruk Hai, one of them yells "Cowabunga!" as the ladder falls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ooo! Must look for that! Back to my dvd...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Then, while they're in Osgilliath, Sam says "By all rights we shouldn't be here!" and I can't help but wholeheartedly agree with him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heh heh Yeah... I can't help but mention it while I'm watching it too. "Well, Sam, you're absolutely right!" <P>I always crack up after Sam's "And MORE lembas bread" Not because of the line, but because of the look on his face when he says it. Funny-ness <P>When Legolas yells at Aragorn, "they're all gonna die!" and they get into thier little argument, I always shout out "lover's quarrel!" They just have these attitudes like "I am so much better than you" heh heh...catfight...
Old 08-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #90
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

After Gandalf and the Rohirrim ride down to the Uruks at Helm's Deep, you see shots of fighting. Look out for the bits they show of Eomer. Behind him to the right is a red clad figure with dark brown hair. It can only be Arwen, unless someone else has managed to turn up as well as her.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:44 PM   #91
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I agree, Brinniel! Faramir looks really funny when he yells "NAZGUL!!!" I think it's the way his nostrils are flared or something.<P>I mis-spoke about Sean Bean. He's going to have some more scenes, but in the extended TTT, not ROTK. They're going to show some scenes of him and Faramir retaking Osgiliath together (before Boromir set out for Rivendell), and some scenes between Boromir and Denethor. It's in the "EE preview" on the TTT disk.<P>Cheers!<BR>-Lily
Old 08-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #92
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I mis-spoke about Sean Bean. He's going to have some more scenes, but in the extended TTT, not ROTK.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No more Bean in RotK? *sigh* oh well, his added scenes in TTT look magnificant.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #93
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I mis-spoke about Sean Bean. He's going to have some more scenes, but in the extended TTT, not ROTK. They're going to show some scenes of him and Faramir retaking Osgiliath together (before Boromir set out for Rivendell), and some scenes between Boromir and Denethor. It's in the "EE preview" on the TTT disk. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I cried my eyes out. Especially when they hugged. I'm getting soft in my old age
Old 09-01-2003, 10:23 AM   #94
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>A few minutes later, after Saruman shows Wormtongue his army of 10,000, Wormtongue sheds a tear...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, lol, I noticed that too.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:39 AM   #95
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Funny, I loved that touch. I never felt Wormtongue wanted to see the complete destruction of Rohan. He just wanted to reap the benefits of being in league with the man in charge. When he saw Saruman's forces he caught of glimps of Saruman's vision and knew that it included the destruction of everything he ever knew.<P>H.C.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #96
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When I saw that tear, I just wondered what exactly it was that he was expecting. That Saruman would politely ask for all of Rohan's land and the people's undivided servitude?
Old 09-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #97
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

As Aragorn points out though, this is more than just a force necessary to dispose a monarch. This is an army designed to wipe out Rohan entirely.<P>"This is an army bred for a single purpose, to end the race of men." <P>H.C.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #98
Elentįri
Wight

Elentįri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh...somehow, I never thought of Wormtongue as being sad at the thought of the destruction of Rohan...I thought he was shedding a tear at the beauty of the sight before him...but maybe that was just me.<BR>Oh man, my next door neighbour had better hurry up and buy it!! I really want to look for Arwen!!! Ok, so she shouldn't even be there...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #99
Sauron_the_Abhorred
Animated Skeleton

Sauron_the_Abhorred has just left Hobbiton.
when Legolas cuts the rope and the ladder with all the Uruks, its sounds like an URuk yells Motherf*cker, and in TTT game , it sounds like an ORc yells *sshole<P>is when Lego trips right before the part where ARagorn finds Pippens brooch....?<P>and, thefunniest parts is when Smeagol and Gollum are talking to each other, and Smeagols says, WE could give it to Her, he gets the most hiariouse face.<p>[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Sauron_the_Abhorred ]
Sauron_the_Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #100
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, or seen it, but I found something when I rented TTT this weekend...<P>When the battle for Helm's Deep is going on, and Rohan has retreated into the caves, they show a scene with Aragorn, Theoden, etc inside the large stone room. This is when it's light outside already. Theoden starts saying something about how it's all over and they have lost. It's hopeless, blah blah blah. <P>When Aragorn hear's him he says something along the lines of "You said this place would hold as long as your men defend it. They are still defending it!"<P>As he says this beginning of these lines, he begins to help Legolas pick up a large beam to carry over to the door. Lego has the front, and Aragorn the back. When Aragorn says "They are still defending it", he lets go of the beam, and Legolas continues to carry it on. It is funny because Legolas suddenly notices that Aragorn is gone, and he almost drops the beam since he's not able to carry it. It's just funny watching Aragorn leave his companion as his end of the beam hits the floor making it desperately hard for Legolas to carry. But it might just be me...
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #101
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh...somehow, I never thought of Wormtongue as being sad at the thought of the destruction of Rohan...I thought he was shedding a tear at the beauty of the sight before him...but maybe that was just me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, that's defintely what I assumed the tear meant also, it makes him look even more despicable, crying at the sight of such a large army created for such an awful purpose really displays how truly vile Grima is!<P>EDIT: *DOUBLE SQUEEE!!!* I'm a Wight!!<p>[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Cinderella ]
Old 09-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #102
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Funny, I loved that touch. I never felt Wormtongue wanted to see the complete destruction of Rohan. He just wanted to reap the benefits of being in league with the man in charge. When he saw Saruman's forces he caught of glimps of Saruman's vision and knew that it included the destruction of everything he ever knew.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That would be a nice touch if that's what he <I>was</I> thinking. But I don't think he minded having Rohan wiped out, after all, he gets his 'share' of the 'treasure' once all the men are dead. Perhaps he had hoped to rule Edoras? I don't know, but it seems unlikely he'd be sad that Rohan was to be destroyed.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:30 PM   #103
LOTRFreak297

Question

I think they added that because right before he sees those tens of thousands he doesnt realize that that Saruman had so much power.......<P>So he's like, What? How did this get here?<BR>Since this was not exactly the setting for that reaction, they had him weep in amazment.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #104
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tolkien

The tear could also be because he thinks Eowyn will die if Saruman's army attacks Rohan.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:29 PM   #105
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Actually it's all a possibility (albiet a rare one) that the tear just slipped out. Sometimes, if you're trying to act really amazed your eyes do water.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:37 PM   #106
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>it seems unlikely he'd be sad that Rohan was to be destroyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought the same thing. I figured it was his awe at Saruman's power. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sometimes, if you're trying to act really amazed your eyes do water.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just out of curiosity, Only Real Estel, how would you know that?

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #107
Novberaid
Animated Skeleton

Novberaid has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I just find it amazing that ten thousand troops could have been hiding when Wormtongue rode into Isengard. He had to have known they were there. He has that amazed look on his face like, "Where did all these troops come from?"
Old 09-02-2003, 06:17 AM   #108
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree about him surely having noticed some troops but most of them appear to have been 'created' in the depths of the foundations lying around Orthanc. These crevasses appear to be where PJ has placed the Uruks. Tolkien always left this a little vague in the books, and PJ created a lovely nest of crevasses in the surroundings of Orthanc which subsequently get drowned by the ENTS.<BR>They probably could have contained so many Orcs, and don’t forget that Saruman was one of the greatest wizards.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:46 AM   #109
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tolkien

Regarding Gandalf's wink to Aragorn before they enter Meduseld: I always find it a bit funny that there are many guards besides Hama surrounding them, apparently watching them, and not one comments on Gandalf's wink, and Aragorn's even more conspicuous little grin. Some guards they are!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:59 AM   #110
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Just out of curiosity, Only Real Estel, how would you know that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It just happens (although not all <I>that</I> often) when you're trying to do a good job. I've acted some stuff for people before, & I'm always quoting LOTR when I'm reallly bored .
Old 09-02-2003, 12:07 PM   #111
Elentįri
Wight

Sting

So either you've seen others do it...or you've done it yourself <BR>Oh, I really really really want to see this!!! I watched it three times, but I never noticed the bit/s where Leggy trips!!!!!!! WAHHHH!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #112
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I thought he was shedding a tear at the beauty of the sight before him...but maybe that was just me.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just to get back to the Wormtongue-tear, this was my thought exactly! <P>About the Legolas-tripping: I saw it in the theatre, but somehow, I'm not able to see it on the DVD.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #113
Elentįri
Wight

Sting

Hmm well I never saw him trip in the cinema and I don't have the DVD <BR>And about Aragorn having this horse called Brego...at what point did he befriend him exactly? The first point I knew it was Brego was when Aragorn had that vision of Arwen but it was the horse kissing him
Old 09-03-2003, 12:09 PM   #114
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm always quoting LOTR when I'm reallly bored<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, that's better than I. I'll quote just for the heck of it whenever I can. My family must think I'm nuts, hearing me walk from my room to the kitchen for a snack and saying: "We wants it preciouss." or "stupid fat hobbit! He ruins it!" And to my sister: "Are you frightened?" (by this time she knows what I want from her and says "yes.") and I reply "Not nearly frightened enough; I know what hunts you." <BR>Oftentimes it is a quote that actually has nothing to do with what I am doing... <P>To get back on topic, I never saw Legolas trip. Perhaps they cut it out on the DVD. <P>Gimli's face after Legolas pulls the bow on Eomer: perfect, unforgettable.

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:01 PM   #115
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Well, that's better than I. I'll quote just for the heck of it whenever I can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Heh. I do it just to annoy my sister sometimes. Once she was making supper & couldn't leave, so I just sat at the table & quoted the whole movie! By the way, I also like Legolas's ticked-off face at Eomer after Aragorn introduces him, "Well meant indeed!"
Old 09-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #116
Sauron 666
Haunting Spirit

Sauron 666 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anyone notice when Aragorn throws an apple at Pippin, it hits his head and falls to his right side, but you see the apple in his left hand even before he supposedly catches it.
Sauron 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #117
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Watch again.<P>The apple in his apple in Pippin's hand was given to him by Merry.<P>H.c.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #118
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> To get back on topic, I never saw Legolas trip. Perhaps they cut it out on the DVD. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No, I saw it on DVD. It's one of the first distant shots of Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. You have to watch Legolas carefully; if you blink, you miss it.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:38 PM   #119
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>if you blink, you miss it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh great. Now you're going to have my eyes burning all night from trying to watch the scene & catch 'the trip'. I just know it...
Old 09-03-2003, 05:56 PM   #120
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Silmaril

For those of you who haven`t noticed, in The Two Towers when the Uruk-hai that are holding Merry and Pippin captive are being attacked by the Riders of Rohan, Merry and Pippin`s hands are tied together, right? Well when Pippin is about to be squashed by a horse, he rolls over on his back and his hands are at his sides! But that was before he cut them! I wonder why Peter Jackson didn`t catch that?<P>
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote