The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2002, 06:35 PM   #41
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Anna Licumo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anna Licumo
Sting

On the same token, you could say America is treated as a haven or even heaven, as it is west of Europe (aka ME) and the Grey Havens are as well.<BR> It seems someone is taken miscellaneous information and creating another weird petition. Sigh. Can't we all just enjoy the movie?
Old 06-30-2002, 07:44 PM   #42
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

(singing in annoying tune)Someone just wants attention!
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #43
NazgulNumber10
Wight

NazgulNumber10 has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

so, whats wrong with that?<BR>
NazgulNumber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:12 PM   #44
Remmirath
Pile O'Bones

Remmirath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Remmirath
Tolkien

Vanima: It would be nice if those rumours about Nsync being dead were true. (I hope no fans come and kill me after I say that)<P>That's absolutely outrageous-trying to change the title of the Return of the King. First the Two Towers, now this? I'm sure they'll find something wrong with the Silmarillion next. People will never be happy, and it's amazing how much thought can be put into these wildly fantastic stories. I once heard that if you fold a one dollar bill a certain way it looks like the (NYC) Two Towers. It just goes to show most people are born with the stupid gene.

"But you ARE a person, and I can't say I'm fond of that" -Nny

"Over the Moutains of the Moon, down the valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, the shade replied-if you seek for Eldorado!"-Edgar Allen Poe
I am dearprudence64 on AOL. IM me.
Remmirath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:18 PM   #45
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Sting

I don't mean to be "cold" or "mean", but I think that people are waaaaaaaaaay over-reacting. I mean, sure, a lot of people had died, but that is no reason to go around changing everything just because one thing had happened. "Ooh, look mommy, the title is The Two Towers, now I am going to cry and commit suicide, waah waah waah." <B>It is only a movie, it is only a book, and it has no subliminal messages or conspiracies or anything else.</B><BR>Also, there was a story about Bill Gates being dead. Obviously, it was fake.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
The Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 11:04 PM   #46
Greyhame
Animated Skeleton

Greyhame has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Greyhame
White-Hand

OK, for those of you still posting on this, it's obvious you haven't read the whole thread.<P>THERE IS NO PETITION TO CHANGE THE TITLE OF RETURN OF THE KING!!!<P>Please, go back and read the whole thread, and you'll find a little treat about midway through.<P>It's time to let this go.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #47
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think its totally stupid that people want to change the name of the book. I mean like if an american hero had a name that reminded them of a tragity they couldn't change it because it's like history. Some people over react
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Celebmundoiel is offline   Reply With Quote