The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #81
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Actually, in the course of wandering around the Downs, I discovered the real way to say "Go kiss an orc":
Mibo orch (with a circumflex over the "i")

So now you have multipy ways of offending people surrepticiously! Congrats!

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Thanks a hole lot! But, now I've come to think about it, let's say, thinking about the people I'm going to say this to, I feel sorry for them. The poor orcs I mean...

Navaer!

Aethelwine.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:13 PM   #82
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Haha! I was going to ask whether we should feel sorry for the people or for the Orcs. Considering the level of stupidity of some of the people at my school, I think that the Orcs would run off screaming in fright.

*gets horrid mental pictures of Uruk-hai engaged in make-out sessions with heavily made up teenage girls in skimpy clothes*

NOOOO!!!! I won't be able to sleep for weeks!!!!

*wails in agony*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #83
Aethelwine
Wight

Quote:
Haha! I was going to ask whether we should feel sorry for the people or for the Orcs. Considering the level of stupidity of some of the people at my school, I think that the Orcs would run off screaming in fright.
Exactly!

Quote:
*gets horrid mental pictures of Uruk-hai engaged in make-out sessions with heavily made up teenage girls in skimpy clothes*
Finwe, did you have to say that? Now I have the same immages in my head!! Oh, it's horrible!, but stil fun. I mean, I can make the most horrible girls at my school make out with Ugluk! Fun, but gros!

Right, that's gonna be a sleepless night...

Navaer!

Aethelwine.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #84
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Well, Aethelwine, I'll tell you what, this might make you feel a little better:

We blindfold both the Uruk-hai and the evil groupie teenage girls, so they don't know who they're kissing. Then, after we've laughed enough, we untie the blindfolds, and treasure the priceless expression of disgust, anger, and then naked fear as the Uruk-hai end up eating all the girls. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh I am evil! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #85
Aethelwine
Wight

The Eye

Yeah! And Finwe, lets tell the girls, while we blindfold them, that they are about to kiss Legolas! Or Orlando as it may be. Maybe Aragorn/Viggo.
That'll make a 'nice' suprise... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I love being evil. Evil is good, good is bad. That's just the way it is... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Navaer!

Aethelwine.

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 09-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #86
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Okay, as amusing as this is (personally, I've seen girls at my school making out with guys that really do look like orcs... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ), I really think we need to keep on topic here. I don't want the thread to get closed. Feel free to continue through PMs. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le, a hebo gladhad!

~*~Aranel~*~

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 09-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #87
Aethelwine
Wight

Ok, sorry Sapphire_Flame, I'll try to stop now.

Here's another insult: 'Lasto al lalaith nín.' It's Sindarin, meaning: 'Listen to my laughter.'
I got it from 'The councel of Elrond', the Language-section (Phrases), so I would think it's good Sindarin...

Use it as you like (against people who are making fun of Tolkien... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ).
Sorry if this has been said before.

Navaer!

Aethelwine.

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 09-25-2003, 08:51 AM   #88
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

I continue to not care for threads like this because the Elvish in them is highly suspect. In an effort to make sure we are remaining true to Tolkien, I would like to see each future post contain a reference of where the Elvish came from.

Bottom line - if it's not Tolkien, don't use it.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #89
Luthien Telryuna
Newly Deceased

Luthien Telryuna has just left Hobbiton.
New insult

I am writing a Tolkeinesque fiction involving elves and human and I have been looking for an elvish insult to insinuate that someone is a harlot r prostitute. Does anyone know of one such insult? I really do not wish to just make up a word...
Luthien Telryuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #90
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm sorry, Luthien Telryuna, but according to Tolkien's writings (History of Middle-earth, the volume with customs of the Elves) there is no such thing as harlotry or prostitution amongst Elves. I hope someone can give a more exact quote, but I'm away from home and don't have my books with me.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #91
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Estelyn is correct Luthien, the concept of "harlotry" is simply not an aspect of Elvish life. Here is an excellent primer on Middle-earth practices and taboos:

http://www.ansereg.com/what_tolkien_...y_said_abo.htm
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #92
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Estelyn is correct Luthien, the concept of "harlotry" is simply not an aspect of Elvish life. Here is an excellent primer on Middle-earth practices and taboos:
... whose author then blithely proceeds to violate every one of them.