The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Rewriting Lines

After watching TTT for the hundreth time I felt like changing Sam's final speach a bit to fit my thoughts. This is how I would have done it:

Sam: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. No really Mr. Frodo. *pulls out TTT book* The book says Faramir lets us go long before now. We're never supposed to set foot in Osgilioth(sp). But we are here. It happens to all the great stories. They're just right then some pompous movie director goes and changes them for the worse. And sometimes you don't even want to see the movie. Because how could it be good when so many changes were made? But in the end, it's only a passing thing. The movies come and go. And when you read the story again it's all the more enchanting. And those stories stick with you. They mean somthing. Even if Hollywood is too stupid to understand. I know now, Mr. Frodo. Fans of those stories have lots of chances of giving up on the movie business but they didn't. They kept watching. Because they were hoping for somthing.

Frodo: What are we hoping for Sam?

Sam: That PJ will shove his pride and make these movies the way they're supposed to be made.

PJ: I think at last we understand one enother.

Faramir: So will you give me a better role?

PJ: Are you kidding? I have the nontolkienfan viewers to think about.

Can you think of any other parts you would like to rewrite.

note: I appreciate PJ's work and understand that some changes are nessisary. This is just for fun and is NOT a pj bashing thread. thank you.