The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #601
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
For the record, I don't think Greenie's a wolf. Not really.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #602
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
So it's Form 2, Agan 1, Greenie 1? Or what?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #603
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Why is it so quiet? Anyway, it's bound to be Form or Agan anyway since spreading the votes at this point and in this small a village would make no sense. I don't know - Agan looks both more innocent and more evil than Form. Either of them could be bad, but I doubt both are.
Guess what I'd do if it was between Form and you and I couldn't decide? Vote for the one I'd less rather lose to if they are a wolf...
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #604
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Agh. Since I can't decide otherwise,

++Form

for lack of effort.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan, who seemed to be thinking along the same lines..
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #605
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fingers crossed...
Old 11-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #606
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
EDIT: x-ed with Agan, who seemed to be thinking along the same lines..
Great minds think alike.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #607
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Deadline. No more posting.

Fea to follow with the narration and role. Form be lynched.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #608
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Finale: A Duet

Click me!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #609
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wolvsies, Agan and Greenie, have won with the assistance of their cobbler, Vanilwa-muffin.

Their final kill was Kath. Victory, theeeeeeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey name is wolves!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #610
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I told thee so. I told thee so!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #611
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Ps

Y'all can post now.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #612
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yay!

When Pitch started questioning my vote, I thought I had screwed up - patience has never been one of my virtues. I was seriously thinking either Pitch or Nerwen had to be the cobbler (and before that I was convinced it was Inzil) - actually we almost killed wilwa two nights ago.

I find it awfully cute wilwa & Glirdan were the cobblers and voted for each other on day 1.

For those of you who talked about the Alpha thingy - I was Alpha Female Scar, Greenie was Alpha Female Mufasa, and Shasta Alpha Male Simba. When you take me & Greenie's first three posts on day 1 and Shasta's first three on day 2, the first letters form the word LION KINGS. This in case only one of survived and had to prove their identity to the cobbler on the last day.

Also... We did have a code language (just in case the BW would stun one of us - we didn't want to lose communication entirely). What this post basically says is, "I think sally should die tonight." (couldn't resist ) However, it wasn't as effective as it could've been - I kept saying, "Nogrod is a gifted, let's lynch him" but then I got stunned and couldn't tell my fellows that I had realised he was totally Butterbur.

Anyway thanks for modding & the lovely narrations, Boro & Fea! I really enjoyed playing (even if I got too little sleep every other night). :-p
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #613
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

For realz????

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't come on again, I ended up having to work longer than I originally planned, and there was no way for me to come on. But this is a fabulous thing to come back to!

I spied on Greenie last Night, but I really didn't think Agan was a wolf, this comes as a surprise to me. (I had spied Shasta the Night before he died).

Glirdan, oh my I felt awful. I wanted to spy him Night 1 but Mr Mod told me I didn't get to start spying until Night 2, and than during the first day I didn't think it could be Glirdan cause I thought that was too obvious, so I went along with him being lynched (and felt terrible).

This was a stressful game for me because I've been Cobbler once before and epicly failed, so basically this time I just wanted to last long enough to be useful more at the end. And then I ended up not being here at the end.

Fun game! Thanks Boro (and Fea)! <3
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #614
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also, I was already going to sleep but remembered this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
edit: x'ed with a Greenie and 2 Agans...I want tea now...
Guess what was my code for "I think X is the cobbler"? The person whose name I've bolded last before saying I want tea! Wilwa you're a psychic.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #615
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
ARRRGH! My internet connection died last night!

Oh, well, at least I was right in suspecting Agan all along.

But well-played, Wilwa! I'd come to the conclusion you were innocent and Form was Ferny.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #616
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
1. *facepalm**facepalm**facepalm*

2. Wow, you wolves were orginized.

3. When Sallycakes told me who the baddies were after I died, she started with

"Agan"

and I thought "Again? What does she mean by again? I'm confused!" and then after about a minute I thought "wait...she doesn't mean...Agan's a wolf? Noooooo...yes? Whaaaaa?" And then Greenie and Vanilwuffin were total surprises, too, but since I hadn't thought as much about them, it wasn't so shocking.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #617
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*note to self: if Agan's not coming after me, she's probably evil*.

Nice job, wolves and Ferny! Looking over things after I was taken out, I started second-guessing Agan a bit, but Greenie mostly looked good except for her vote for TEW. I was totally blindsided by Wilwa's cobblerism. I had Pitch down as the likely Ferny.

Oh, well. At least I only killed one of the Gifteds, and I wasn't fooled by Shasta. Being an annoyance to the wolves and forcing them to Night-kill you is a great honor for an ordo.

My last Day alive, I'd thought to try and counter what Shasta was saying about wanting to give the BW a hint about Tom. I thought if I challenged Shasta on that, maybe I could fool the wolves, and more importantly, the BW, into thinking I was Tom, leaving the real one able to take out the BW.
It made no difference in the end, but I was pleased to see Tom alive at the end of my last Night.

Great game concept and execution from Boro, and Fea's efforts on the narrations were highly original.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #618
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
It was fun browsing quickly through this game every chance I get. Fea and Boro, great job on the modding, and I thought the concept of the game is interesting. Congrats, wolvsies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Female Scar
Pitch, if you're a wolf, I'm going to kill you after the game!
Agan, you are sooo evil.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #619
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

*throws rocks at Agan*
Old 11-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #620
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Agan, you are sooo evil.
I know! I was sorry I had to maintain an innocent facade all through the last day, but I couldn't afford to look wolfish just in case Form was the cobbler or we made a major fail and killed them in the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
*throws rocks at Agan*
Aww! Eomer, I think you're twisted (and I might have said as much to my fellows on night 1 when we talked about who we'd like to kill/leave alive) - you also look always pretty darn suspicious yourself, whatever your role. I'm convinced you have a wolf's frame of mind.
And I had no idea Eomer was Tom. I didn't want to lynch him because I was worried it would point at me in (the unlikely) case he was Ferny. I thought it was Lottie.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #621
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
*note to self: if Agan's not coming after me, she's probably evil.*.
Dear Master Inziladun,

Having looked over your proposal, we are pleased to say that we enjoyed your thoughts and would like to publish your newsletter. However, we ask that you make a few changes (noted in bold on your original draft) to ensure the highest quality material for our readers. We strive for brevity and clarity here, and look forward to you joining our team upon receiving your second draft. Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,
The Management
Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #622
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Hehe. In all fairness, though, I don't think it would even have been possible to lose with this pack. We did have our share of bad luck too, with the two no-kill Nights and the Seer dreaming one of us - but luckily the village killed off all the Gifted to balance things!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #623
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Guess what was my code for "I think X is the cobbler"? The person whose name I've bolded last before saying I want tea! Wilwa you're a psychic.
Haha, that is fantastic!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #624
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

So many thanks to our lovely mods, the brave village, the sweet Canadian Cobblers, and most of all my gorgeous packmates. Also, I find it amusing that the last post in the actual game was a wolf quoting another and saying "Great minds think alike".
Old 11-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #625
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Thank you everyone for playing and sticking it through after the first few days of confusion from the Barrow-wight role. I think it worked out in the end and there's probably some things about the role that could have been better. Certainly I knew I put sally in a very difficult situation to win, but thought she'd have fun with it. You were doing very well dear until that weasle Shasta decided to give you up as he was going down. However, that was a master play by the wolves since you'd been giving them fits early.

I loved the back and forth posting between the wolves in this, it was hilarious being behind the scenes and seeing them work.

NIGHT 1:

Seer- Lottie

NIGHT 2:

BW- Eomer (hehe she stunned ole Tom the first night )
Ferney- Nogrod
Seer- Volo
Ranger- I wrote down the choices, but somehow can't find the paper, but I want to say it was either Nog or wilwa
Wolves- sally (and they find the wight!)

NIGHT 3:

BW- Agan
(This was a funny night and excellent choice by sally. The previous night Agan sent me wolf ramblings that she wanted to kill Volo, but would go with either Greenie's preference of sally or Shasta's for Nogrod. So she went with Sally Night 2, as I giggled at thinking, Volo would have been the best choice. Then she wanted to tell her pack that she thought Nogrod was Butterbur. However being stunned all night she couldn't, and Greenie was I believe gone for most of the day. So, poor Shasta had to make the choice himself and he went with Butterbur! )
Ferney- Shasta (Wilwa discovered Shasta same night the seer did, which what then is Ferney supposed to do!?)
Seer- Shasta
Wolves- Nogrod
Bombadil- I want to say either Nerwen or Nogrod.

NIGHT 4:

BW- Wilwa (So after stopping one of their kills, stunning one of them, sally proceeds to stun Ferney! She was just a wolf wrecking ball )
Wolves- No kill from Butterbur and this was probably one of the turning points, because with no kill Elfie would have had a free dream, but village lynches him instead. I was sitting back thinking it'd be great if Elfie revealed and then Wilwa, who also knew Shasta was a wolf would do some cobbler countering and create a bunch of havoc. And thought with a "free dream" in the night, Elfie probably could have revealed and been believed, however I didn't think either about the Wight still being around, and who knows what sally would have done with the known seer having a free dream since the wolves wouldn't be able to kill.
Bombadil- Greenie

NIGHT 5:
BW- Inzil
Ferney- Nerwen
Bombadil- sally (following the words of a dying confessed wolf)
Wolves- Inzil (I think the PM I got from Greenie was something like..."we want to make a delicious mess of him all the way to dawn)

Night 6:
Ferney- Greenie
Wolves- Lottie

Night 7:

Wolves- Kath

At this point even if the count was technically 2 wolves to 3 innocents. Ferney was one of the innocents, and wilwa had spied on Greenie the previous night, so with the wolves kill of an innocent. It was basically game set match, and Fea being the most awesome and understanding co-mod brought to my attention unless wilwa was completely incompentent in that situation it was game over and no point to drag it out for what essentially would be..."Hey I'm Ferney, I know Greenie's a wolf...who do we kill?"

I very much enjoyed watching this game, I think it went even better than my first game of d-list superheroes. So again thank you all, the characters and personalities made it great to watch. The wolves had gotten off to a few bumps and some minor setbacks. I thought eventually it was going to come back to bite 'em, but they avoided complete disaster.

As for some of the narrations with the "Alpha wolves," I usually took a few things from the wolves messages to use in the narrations, but avoided using anything that would possibly point to them. The wolves as I recall, were Alpha wolf Scar (Agan), Alpha wolf Simba (Greenie), and Alpha wolf Mufasa (Shasta). Or if they had any special requests on how to kill anyone, like making a tasty mess of Inzil.

Last and great thanks to Fea for doing the lynches and videos too! That is more than I could have asked for. Sadly, as you know I can't watch the finale duet until Monday but I'm sure it'll be the greatest ending in recent memory.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #626
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Congrats to the wolves!

I can only comfort myself with the following (I realised I had Boro's answer to my PM to him when I died in my PM storage - including my whole PM as a quote - so I can send a part of it here...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by me on a PM to Boro
On D1 I was pretty happy with my seer impersonation - hoping to draw both the wolves and the seer to me, but it looked bad in the beginning of D2 as they went for the BW at Night - and I felt I was near the chopping block for D2. But alas, the wolves never really made the crusade I thought they would make (weell, Shasta tried...) - and which would have been easyish to see... I was at some stage thinking about revealing if it got to that, but I kind of disliked the idea as my powers would then have been gone - and it would have ended in me playing to the very end in a situation I had the confidence of the villagers to make a difference (a lot of work) and the pressure of real-life work conflicting each other... as a known Butterbur the wolves wouldn't like to kill me as that would kick back on them with a kill lost - so I'd live to the last Day.

But as I saw there was no lynching mob coming my way (even if Shasta-wolf tried it), I did relax and kept on not allowing to say I was wrong with Aganzir on D1 - even if I felt the pressure to think so (feeling ever more confident she was a wolf and not the cobbler - which suited nicely to the new landscape on D2). This nice thought of a seer saying X is a cobbler when he has dreamt her a wolf was just too good to throw away... So I had to keep up the seer-thing not to reveal to the wolves I was Butterbur willing them to attack me... even if I was losing confidence with the plan hour by hour.

But it worked in the end!

Heh, right off the bat... the wolves are Shasta, Aganzir and... one of Sally, Inzil, EW... or possibly Greenie or Pitch? Okay - that's like half the population...

Extra-kudos to Boro and Fea for the fun game; nice concept and great videos!

Heh, we were quite bad, village. Let's pull our act together the next time... and for God's sake let's stop lynching our gifteds...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #627
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Don't say It, Agan. Just don't, OK? Thanks.

And *facepalmheaddeskheaddeskheaddesk*
Can't believe I got sooo close to getting it right on the last Day - I realized that if Agan was a wolf, Greenie was her only possible packmate, and in this case wilwa the most likely cobbler (but I'd felt pretty good about her early on and somehow didn't get around to do an update check on her; not sure that would have told me much, though). Only that was a real big If, and both of you wolves put up such a convincing act. Still, after Agan's sort of careless vote for Form an hour before DL I came within a hair's breadth of voting either of you just to save him once more, but for a last minute Kierkegaardian leap of faith in the wrong direction. So much for being a gentleman.
Kudos to Shasta for that Day 2 frame attempt which everybody but TEW thought would be too risky for a wolf to try; revealing sallyWight was a clever move too, discrediting her accusation of Agan and making us look for the wrong reason behind it. (Yes, sally, I know, if only we'd listened to you... but then you'd probably have looked good enough to survive and kill us yourself in the endgame, right?)

My apologies to Zil, Eomer and Form. Zil I was completely wrong about, sorry. Between Eomer and Form, it wouldn't really have mattered on Day 5, as both were innocent... It's a small comfort that my feeling of some manipulation going on then was correct after all, but I got the manipulator and the manipulated all wrong. Form, you were on the right track all the time even though you had so little time to play, kudos!
(By the way, I'm not surprised so many people thought I was Ferny, I know I did quite a bit of unintentional cobblering this game, alas.)
Kath, that was a great recovery after the Seer lynch, voting for Greeniewolf on the last two Days!
Nerwen, a pity you couldn't make it for the last DL, as you too had the right nose; but if you thought Form was Ferny, I'm not sure it would have made a big difference.

Volo and TEW, too bad both of you got lynched so early - especially TEW, who got us the only wolf we lynched and left good hints to your dreams in those few posts; nice Seering there!
Nog, pity you got killed so soon and we didn't use the advantage of the following kill-less Night any better.

Boro, interesting game design, and I think it was over all well balanced - even with Harry Glirdyleaf lynched on Day 1, the village managed to lose it mainly on our own folly. Eombadil probably had it the hardest, not being able to reveal under any circumstances, but then I don't know if he'd have been believed anyway. Thanks for the modding, and thanks to Fea for the hilarious narrations (it's a bit sad though that TEWieSeer didn't get one, I think he deserved it *nudge*).

Fun game, everybody!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #628
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
the most awesome and understanding co-mod brought to my attention unless wilwa was completely incompentent in that situation it was game over and no point to drag it out for what essentially would be..."Hey I'm Ferney, I know Greenie's a wolf...who do we kill?"
Haha yes. For the record, I did bring to B's attention that I was pretty sure Vanilwuffinazu was competent enough as cobbler to vote for the person her known wolf told her to vote for. You're welcome for my vote of confidence, Nilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchy
it's a bit sad though that TEWieSeer didn't get one, I think he deserved it *nudge*
Ahh, I know!!!!! I could... post my master's thesis? Since that's totally what I was working on when B forbade me from narrating. He rightly assumed I'd lose my focus and miss my deadline.

TEWie, do you have a narration preference? I take requests.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #629
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Haha yes. For the record, I did bring to B's attention that I was pretty sure Vanilwuffinazu was competent enough as cobbler to vote for the person her known wolf told her to vote for. You're welcome for my vote of confidence, Nilly.
Haha, thanks Timmy ! Though there is a small part of me that wanted to come on the next Day and be all like "Surprise! You all thought I was shiny, but I'm not, mwhahaha, now me and my wolfies will eat you!" cause that would have been cool, but coming on to find that we won while I was away was pretty awesome too!

(and I totally want to read your master's thesis if it's finished and if I'm permitted)
Old 11-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #630
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Fea, I'd like a narration in picture.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #631
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
(and I totally want to read your master's thesis if it's finished and if I'm permitted)
I'll send it to you as soon as my faculty superhero says, "You're done! It's awesome!" instead of, "You're awesome! Here's more changes to fix the problems!" (Which should be within the next four weeks, or I won't be graduating on time.)
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #632
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Seriously though, I had a lot of fun in this game. Funny how I got lynched; I can't see how I was more suspicious than anyone else (except perhaps Aganzir). I'll never be able to shake off Werewolf VII, I suppose.

I was disappointed, somewhat, that I couldn't catch Sally the Wight myself. My first guess was Nerwen, my second was Green - I was so sure that day that Boro was playing a joke by giving Greenie the role just for her name.

Loved the storyline in this game.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #633
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I'll never be able to shake off Werewolf VII, I suppose.
True that.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #634
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

When is the Lhunatic coming back to play, so I can get her lynched again?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #635
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Likely not anytime soon. Her brain does not seem to be capable of handling a Werewolf game anymore.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #636
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Argh! I knew I'd left something out of the names list!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #637
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Ahem. Again, I told you flipping so. *is smug* I was, of course, playing on the side of the village. I mean yeah, I'd have to kill you all eventually, but I knew my future was grim, and not only was there no way for me to win if the wolves did (as they'd all know each other, blah blah), I really was pulling for the village. That and the fact that the wolves tried to KILL ME the first Night. How very dare you. >.<

Agan, you sultry minx, I have no idea how, but I knew you were a wolf from the start. It was part your plan, part your attitude, and part gut. I left Day One and was thoroughly hoping you'd get Fenris'd (with love, dear), but you survived! Typical! And then after you lot tried to kill me and you were on my like me on a tin of black olives, I knew it knew it. But I couldn't just come out and say, "See how I said the wolves would go after the BW? She's doing it!" I was afraid that if I put up a really good case against you my Wightness would show through, so I just had to stubbornly stick to it and hope they listened eventually. :/

Eomer, you....gah, you! I was so sure you were a cobbler, which is why I froze you on my first Night. When I found out I was dead and I heard who Tom was I'm pretty sure I freaked epically, as it was a genuine surprise that you were Tom and not some sort of evil thing. That being said, I'm sorry (yet amused) that you got lynched. This was just not a good game to be a gifted it seems.

To the Canadian desserts, you were splendid. Glirdan didn't get to do much, being killed so early, but you served a cobbler's true purpose: to die in place of your pack. Kudos to you, sir. And Vanilwa performed quite well as far as I'm concerned. Surprisingly, she was one of my candidates for dear Tom, which was part of the reason I froze her; I figured she was either Tom or she was evil, and either way she needed to be incapacitated. Beautiful job, my dears!

Shasta, you're a jerk. That is all. <3

Lottiepop had me convinced fairly early on that she was innocent, but I really was wondering why she hadn't been killed somehow. I threw around the possibility of Tom for all of about five seconds but then figured that, if anything, she was a cobbler, with that not even being very likely. And thanks, by the way. I'll dead!Sally your dead, Miss.

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Dun seemed to be the center of attention on the Night he died. Admittedly it was a last-ditch effort from me to hit Tom, having no concrete idea of who he was besides my suspicion of Wilwa (which I obviously couldn't act on that Night anyway). You played in such a way that I was constantly forgetting you, which made you a huge threat to me because if you were Tom, because that would mean I wasn't finding you. Then again, I think I mainly didn't pay attention to you because I was too busy trying to lynch Agan. o_O

I was quite disappointed with the number of submarines in this game. Mind you, I wasn't disappointed in the submarined themselves, as Form, Kath, and others did very well in the little time they were here, but with that many quiet people and the wolves and cobbler being the main discussion leaders it makes it very hard for the village to pull out a win.

Which brings me, of course, to Nerwen, who is always evil. Always. Heh.

Also, I'm pretty sure Boro hates me, but I shall snuggle him anyway. <3
Old 11-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #638
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and I forgot to say that Lhuna should totally play in my upcoming game.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #639
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Aww, just noticed this, posted three minutes before DL on the last Day:
Quote:
For the record, I don't think Greenie's a wolf. Not really.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #640
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Yes, yes, I know... You have no idea how often in the last couple of days I've wished for someone to begin a new page already, so my own stupidity doesn't jump into my face each time I go look at the latest post in this thread.
Seriously though, you're a gifted actress. Well played!