The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-10-2002, 11:23 AM   #1
dernhelm
Animated Skeleton

dernhelm has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Does anyone else have...?

Does anyone else have any of the Lord of the Rings toys from Burger King? If so, which ones do you have? If you have any that talk, what line from the movie do they say?<P>I have Aragorn, Arwen, and Bilbo. Bilbo is the only one of those three that talks, and he says, "The ring must go to Frodo."
Old 01-10-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dűm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

No, I haven't. I usually purchase my daughters fast food at McDonalds(Happy Meal), and I think they have little animals there(somthing like miniature pound puppys).<BR>I've seen the commericals for it(Burger King), and they looked kinda cheesy. I think it was the toy of Gandalf that talked and he sounded like the voice from a video game I used to play, "Gauntlet Legends".
Old 01-10-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My best friend has them ALL! we collected them together, she made me eat all the happy meals after she had like 5 lol <BR>Elrond says "You have shown me the Fellowship of the Ring" (or something like that)<BR>Gimili says: "What are we waiting for"<BR>Legolas says "The ring must be destroyed"<BR>Gandalf says "Speak friend and enter"<BR>Frodo says "The can be found in the smallest of things"<BR>Bilbo says "The ring must go to Frodo"<BR>Boromir says "You carry the fate of us all little one"<BR>The rest only light up. OH and once you have the entire collection, Galadriel lights up in green AND orange.
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

we had all the toys within about 2 weeks from when they came out, we visited 18 different Burger Kings at least 2 times each to get all the figurines. It took us 5 alone just to find Merry,the last one we were missing. Some Burger King employees get really defensive if you ask for a specific one, but we found a 24 hour one and they were all Lordof the Ring fanatics and actually took the time to sort them by character. Every one else just had them all in a box thrown somewhere.
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:02 AM   #5
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

And according to another poster in here, Elrond screams Eat at Burger King. I'm still laughing at that!
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 04:06 AM   #6
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

Anyone know if any fast food places in Australia are going to have LOTR toys? I'd even buy (not eat, but buy) a Happy Meal or whatever to get a Legolas toy.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:10 AM   #7
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You could give your local Burger King a call and ask. They've stopped giving them out here in my area of the US I wasn't able to get Legolas or Bilbo
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 06:58 AM   #8
krishnablue7

Silmaril

but does anyone else thinks it's all a BIG CRAP?<BR> it's like being laughed at, just a comercial<BR> don't you feel it like this?
Old 03-12-2002, 02:41 PM   #9
raefindel

Sting

They ran out of the toys SO FAST here that I had to get many characters on Ebay. The British figures are also available on ebay, they are different. And for a while you could buy the German ones, too, but they seem to have runout now. The British ones don't talk, they come with a character "card".
Old 03-13-2002, 12:32 AM   #10
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heck with the glasses! I want the Frodo action figure! <P>(Hmmmm, does anyone else think that's a bit of a paradox?)
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote