The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #321
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Well i finally was able to get to a comp, but it looks like there is already a landslide. ++Valier
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #322
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“You shall all rue this day!” Valier screamed as she realized they were coming for her. “This is the last mistake you fools are going to make!”

“Shut up wolf!” Eluyelled back.

Firefoot and Mithalwen dragged the fighting Valier to the gallows. Valier fought the whole way there, kicking and screaming.

“You have the wrong villager! You’re dooming our town!”

At the gallows, Gandalf put the rope around her neck. “You will dance no more.” She was set up on a barrel and the remaining villagers booed her.

“Fools!” Valier screamed as Elu kicked the barrel out from underneath her. There was a quick drop and the distinct cracking of Valier’s neck, but she did not change.

Two villagers cried and two laughed. Firefoot and Gandalf realized their folly and clung to each other as Elu and Mithalwen closed in on the final two innocent villagers.

GAME OVER!
Werewolves win!

LIVING
Firefoot ~ Person who runs the stables
Elu Ancalime ~ Brass Musician
Gandalf_the _white ~ Magician
Mithalwen ~ Baker/confectioner

DEAD
Kitanna (mod)~ Stabbed with a letter opener on Night One
Wilwarin (hunter)~ Flogged to death on Day One
Thinlómien (ordo) ~ Dropped dead from fright on Night Two
Sleepy Ranger (ordo) ~ Eaten by penguins on Day Two
Folwren (ranger) ~ Sewed shut and run through on Night Three
Roa_Aoife (werewolf) ~ Tortured Prometheus style on Day Three
Nogrod (seer) ~ Beheaded and made an example of on Night Four
JennyHallu (ordo) ~ Burned at the stake on Day Four
Eonwe (ordo) ~ Made into a feast on Night Five
Valier (ordo) ~ Hung on Day Five
Old 02-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #323
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
To Firefoot: My most deep apologies. I thought you were a wolf.

As for Mithalwen: AGH!!!!!!!

I fear we must pelt her with all the baked goods we can find! Scones! Muffins! Biscuits! Cookies!

Good game, all.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #324
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How sad. I'm depressed, coming back and seeing the village depleated and destroyed. We did miserable, fellow villagers. . .and I only say it because we lost so miserable. I didn't read much after I died, I'm afraid.

Wolves, clearly you played well. You might not've done so grand if you hadn't struck me down so soon, though!

This will be my last game until I get better internet access. So, although I died early, I'm glad I played. Cheers to everyone.

-- Folwren, your friendly seemstress. . .a most unexpected ranger.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #325
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hehehe....yes, that is right, Mithalwen and Elu Ancalime were comrades of Roa! I must say though, the villagers nearly got us a few times.
________
Vaporizer Review

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #326
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That is the longest I have ever survived!! I wish us Ordo's could have won though!!

I must be too suspicious!! not one of the Ordo's lynched had my vote. I only voted for Roa's death. Noone went with me at all in this game..it was frustrating.Expecially when the only known innocent (Eonwe) thinks your a wolf too!

Good game to all who participated!!!
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #327
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Expecially when the only known innocent (Eonwe) thinks your a wolf too!
No kidding. Next time I am definitely going to try and be less suspicious. Take that sentence however you want to, less suspicious is the way for me!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #328
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I tell you, reading up to my death was fairly amusing. I had figured on Nogrod being the seer (no one is ever that certain of someone else with out being the seer or a wolf) but I was amused when no one was following him except Valier. And my fellow wolf Elu, of course. When I saw that Nogrod had revealed himeslf, there was some colorful language spewed at the screen. I was certain after my death though that Mith and Elu would survive. I can't tell you how much I laughed reading Day 4.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #329
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I figured once I realized who was REALLY a wolf that all three of you must be laughing your little wolvish tails off. I was sooooo off-base, too loud, and I need to learn to really listen when others tell me so. Oh well, I think I really learned a lot for a first game.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #330
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well. my computer "ate" my elaborate discussion of you all. Now the second time, I'll have to be briefer....

As I PM'd with Folwren - as we both were dead - I suspected Mith and Elu indeed! So sad I had to be the seer with no experience...

Just a few comments on everyone...

Jenny: You were overtly jumpy with the beginning, but then clearly found out the way the game is played. Good performance! Sorry to see you nailed without a reason.

Gandalf: It's nice to come to a game, but if you really have no internet-access or are otherwise not so interested in playing, keep out then! You were not helping the least!

Firefoot: I'm so sorry to have mistrusted you! One day forwards, and we could have made the difference!

Folwren: You were playing the experienced one - determined to be killed quite early on. I am so sorry, you were killed the night I learned your occupation...

Thinlómien: Didn't get to start anyways... Good comments, but just from the first day: no help to anyone: not your fault!

Eonwe: Good play! and sorry to have banwagoned you with the suspects of mine! I dared not to clean your reputation earlier because of my own status being at stake.

Valier: You played ok., but as an innocent, I waited for a bigger envolvement! You should have speaked out, and not just accept the accusations!

Sleepy Ranger; You surely could have contributed more substantially, but I do understand the (RL) hindrances'...

Roa: Great play! Without my knowledge, I would never have suspected you! Really a good game: alongside you, I felt myself a total newbie...

Mith: the same goes: well played, especially that night, we were deciding together, who to lynch! I really felt affinity to you then! Even though, I felt to kill you, with my vote then and there. Well I should have done that...

Elu: You really didn't come in to the game, but only after the major players were off. Not a good performance by the gaming standards!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #331
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Oh I don't know...everyone was useful except for Gandalf, and he couldn't help that. And Elu was pretty quiet about things, but he was also a Wolf who survived to the end...can't fault him for that. Although why I got nailed before him...Maybe if Valier and I had gone for him instead of (foolishly) for Firefoot we would have been ok. I think Eonwe would have been much more likely to buy that.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #332
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Great game everyone! Good job to you, Mith and Elu! Elu, I never even really though about you too much. You're a very insidious wolf. Mith, I couldn't determine if you or Firefoot was a wolf. To be honest, after I died, I though Firefoot would end up being a wolf.

Jenny, I'm most sorry to have had a death in you hand. And Valier, I also completely misjudged. When you both started working to closely together, I thought for sure that you both were wolves.

Nogrod, great seering job.

Kitanna, great moding job.

Yeah, I prolly would have been more up for lynching Elu, but that is hindsight...

I really wish I hadn't missed the weekend, I kind of lost alot of ground...oh well.

Again, great game everyone!
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #333
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Nogrod stated my thoughts pretty well.
Quote:
Firefoot: I'm so sorry to have mistrusted you! One day forwards, and we could have made the difference!
No kidding. You played really well too.

Looking back at all this, the wolves really did escape a lot of the suspicions. They just sort of stepped aside and let us all kill each other off. And of course we fell for it.

I think the hats off of this game has to go to Roa. The seer dream was really unfortunate, but barring that, I would say that she played a really great game. She was able to be vocal and really contribute while still deflecting most people's suspicions. Kudos to you, Roa!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Nogrod stated my thoughts pretty well. No kidding. You played really well too.

Looking back at all this, the wolves really did escape a lot of the suspicions. They just sort of stepped aside and let us all kill each other off. And of course we fell for it.

I think the hats off of this game has to go to Roa. The seer dream was really unfortunate, but barring that, I would say that she played a really great game. She was able to be vocal and really contribute while still deflecting most people's suspicions. Kudos to you, Roa!
I have posted my reps' to Roa already, and can't give them another time for the time being, but she really was great! Would she have been poorer in her dealings, we could have spotted the wolves... Good play Roa!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #335
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well Nogrod - I regretted not voting for you too!!!! I was sure I would die the day after you announced yourself ..... when you declared yourself the instant I had posted my rant I nearly died on the spot.... fortunately I managed to get out of it. I was so certain I wouldn't make it - I even wondered if it was worth risking not killing Nogrod that night (assuming he would have dreamt of me anyway ) and create enough muddle and confusion to Elu to slip through.

However Elu calmed me down and Nogrod went.

Elu and I disagreed on the last night's kill though - I would still liek to know if Kitanna flipped a coin for me to get my way!!!!

Jenny - you freaked me out when you latched on to me so much. I nearly panicked as I did on my first attemt at wolvery.... you have no idea how relieved I was to survive day 1 - everything else was a bonus until the last night and it seemed we really could win it.

Valier was unlucky not to be believed more but having generated enough suspicion of her early for her insubstantial posts, it was on the whole worth keeping her alive.

Firefoot I feared most, getting her onside was a wonderful bit of luck as was the lynching of Wilwa.

Nogrod - scary, scary, scary.... and you said you wouldn't open the door to me!!!

Night 1 we wanted to lynch someone quiet - the reason it was Lommy not Gandalf..... well I know it was stupid to think this could be that simple but if you look at the original list and see where we wolves and Wilwa were......

I think we did well to win but we were helped by the quietness and the first to reach total dies rule......

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #336
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Jenny - you freaked me out when you latched on to me so much. I nearly panicked as I did on my first attemt at wolvery.... you have no idea how relieved I was to survive day 1 - everything else was a bonus until the last night and it seemed we really could win it.
*grumbles* I thought you were really the first who seemed to be taking the game seriously, except for Firefoot who seemed pretty desperate. Only during the last day, in PMs with Lommy, did I finally realize you were really suspicious.

EDIT:

And that early vote from the "wait until the last possible second" person was also a bit of a tip-off.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 AM   #337
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I didn't deliberately wait - that was timezones and with so few participants it was hard to hide votes so I had to be careful. But last day I knew if someone else voted for an innocent I could make the victory secure becasue of the first to total rule. So if Valier had voted Firefoot so would I - of course that would have been far more conspicuous btu it didn't matter then

Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #338
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*clap**clap* Well done to everyone. I was so glad I was able to mod this game.
I have to say, the chaos that ensued the day Nogrod revealed himself as the seer and Roa was lynched, that was great. I thought you guys would just forget about the rules and just kill one another.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #339
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
On my first venture as a wolf, I was glad to have mith on my team. Her experience was helpful, and her calm reasonable manner was the lead I followed in getting people to trust us. The whole no real connections thing was her idea. And Elu was good to work with, too. He provided a lot of thoughts and suggestions as to who we should kill, and posted just enough for me to throw suspicion at him with out making a viable case.

Night 2- We thought Folwren was the seer, since most of his posts seemed to say "I know something you don't know." There was a bit of confusion though- we almost ended up killing Firefoot instead! That's why that day really started late I think. Kitanna was waiting for one of us to get on and clear the confusion. I'm glad we cleared that up.

As for the Villagers:

Jenny, as I said in the last words thread, you may have been overly agressive, but I admire your boldness in a game that's new to you. That takes guts.

Valier- Your voting record had me in stiches, especially when no one trusted you. Your style may have been frothy, but you took charge near the end, and gave real substance. Good work!

Thin- Sorry to knock you out early. You're posts look like they would have gotten very interesting.

Wilwa- I honestly didn't mean to get you lynched. When I logged back on to find that I had helped lynch the hunter, I had a near heart attack. I thought, "What? But... no... you weren't supposed to follow me!"

Nogrod- Holy cow. The way you pulled a case out of nothing amazed me. Your posts at the beginning were well though out. However, you might want to watch the attitude. Also, it amused me when you said that the wolves wouldn't vote for their own, and to watch for my teammates trying to save me. I really had to laugh out loud at that one when I thought, "They had better not save me. We discussed that at the beginning. None of this teamplay nonsense here."

Folwren- One of the few talkers, I was almost sorry to kill you. Really, it's almost too easy in a quiet village to doge the noose. You have no idea how glad I was that you sort of trusted me.

Firefoot- Yes, I leeched onto you, almost for the sole purpose of creating a link to you instead of Mith and Elu. But, you did speak reason, even if you were wrong on a lot of it. You're analysis skills are top notch.

Sleepy- I ws sorry to see you go. From your few posts on day one I could see that a game with you would be interesting. Of course we were planning on killing you early anyways, and we thought about killing you instead of Thin, but still... Sorry you couldn't be around more. Exams suck.

Eonwe- I guess your luck with the seer was about as bad as mine. Oh well, you were a good asset to the game. Sorry you couldn't post more.

Gandalf- Well, access problems are quite a bother. It's a shame you haven't really been able to play, but I hope you can get things straightened out soon, so you can actually participate in the next game you join. I'd like to see what you could do.

Well, I guess that's it. Can't wait for the next game. ^_^

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #340
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Nogrod- Holy cow. The way you pulled a case out of nothing amazed me. Your posts at the beginning were well though out. However, you might want to watch the attitude. Also, it amused me when you said that the wolves wouldn't vote for their own, and to watch for my teammates trying to save me. I really had to laugh out loud at that one when I thought, "They had better not save me. We discussed that at the beginning. None of this teamplay nonsense here."
I hope you remember, it was the first game for me too. I did realize speaking stupidly about that team-work thing just after I had posted it...

I'm coming to reflect over this attitude-thing, as I PM'd you already. Sorry to have been so aggressive: kind of run out of other options back then. I you recollect the situation, I was playing most of the day two against you and Firefoot (whom I really took as a wolf). So fighting alone, against two wolves, with no help from anyone! That was scary... and fun!!!

Thanks everyone, again.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #341
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Valier- Your voting record had me in stiches, especially when no one trusted you. Your style may have been frothy, but you took charge near the end, and gave real substance. Good work!

Thank you Roa! You are one of the only players who thought I played well despite my earlier Frothyness! (p.s What the heck does frothy mean, concerning a human?) At the start it was hard to get going but, I really did try to win this one for the villagers who had passed.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #342
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It was the posts not you per se which were frothy for the first day and a half. You posted quite a lot but when you looked at it it really was saying nothing useful for wolfhunting.... all "In character" stuff which couldn't be taken seriously. It was entertaining but when it lasted beyond day 1 and Folwren and Firefoot were producing good analyses ... it did make it possible to make you look dubious.

But I will say, you are a very brave player and not afraid of taking a stand.

If you ever play the Hunter, I will really hope not to be a wolf.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #343
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well played people! I was watching you struggle and wished the villagers would win. It didn't happen so (congrats, wolves) but it was fun to watch.

Firefoot - The "Roa/Nogrod Day" I was so sure you were a wolf, especially if I followed Nogrod's logic concerning the relationship between you and Roa. Later, Nogrod revealed me that he had dreamed about you the night he died and he told you were ordo. I was so surprised! I was also glad that you weren't lynched because of Nogrod's theory.

Nogrod - You were probably a bit scary for the people who were alive, but I thought you amusing... Well played for a first game! And for a game in general, too.

Eonwe - I always like playing with you! You have insight and you don't usually write idiotic things.

Sleepy - Good game. You were actually one of my main suspects on Day 1 purely because of your style. then - lucky for you (or actually that wouldn't have influenced very much, but) - you made an insightful good innocent-like post. The self-vote was uderstandable.

Valier - I had the feeling that you were bossed around a bit and everyone was using you for their own means. Regarding that, you did really well.

Mith - After the "Roa/Nogrod Day" and a later discussion with dead Nogrod I was suspecting you very strongly. But, the village didn't see through your role, so it was well played.

Elu - Without certainity about the dead and firefoot plus my innocent-feeling of Jenny and valier, I would never have guessed you to be a wolf. Extremly well played for a wolf, acceptably played in general (you didn't say practically anything usfel on the first days).

Jenny - You were kind of on/off-person on my suspected wolves list. Your style is making people confused. Just like Feanor of the Peredhil. (And that is positive, she's a good player.)

Roa - Well played except the slip "I've never been a wolf before". At the beginning I was convinced you were innocent.

I don't have anything mindful to say about the others; all is already said.

Quote:
Night 1 we wanted to lynch someone quiet - the reason it was Lommy not Gandalf..... well I know it was stupid to think this could be that simple but if you look at the original list and see where we wolves and Wilwa were......
So don't be in wrong place on the list by the mod and don't let your mom fall ill so you can't participate enough. I promise to remember this next time...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #344
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Poor Lommy...wish you'd stayed in longer. After talking with you by PM I definitely wonder whether we wouldn't have had a better chance had you stayed.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:07 AM   #345
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
sorry everyone but my computer broke down
i should have been more to the point when i said i wasn't going to be on for ages, i meant i wouldn't be back! that was also my reason for my vote against myself, that post was done from a friends computer and was my last chance to go on a co mputer before today. Once again sorry everyone
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #346
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Elu - Without certainity about the dead and firefoot plus my innocent-feeling of Jenny and valier, I would never have guessed you to be a wolf. Extremly well played for a wolf, acceptably played in general (you didn't say practically anything usfel on the first days).
Well. I thought I was playing like a noob.
________
Rpo Zr2

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #347
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Well. I thought I was playing like a noob.
No, that would have to have been me.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #348
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
No, that would have to have been me.
Noob or not you kept me entertained. Good job!