User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #241
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've put a "Save" up regarding the disappearance of Vogie, which I will fill in tonight, but anyone else feel free to go ahead with posts. Just remember that Vogie is lost, and not with the Gallowship at the moment.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #242
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Well, aren't we girls having fun?! My save is filled in, so please note that our Nazgrrrl now has a new name!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-24-2003, 01:05 PM   #243
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Buttercup? Grrralph's Nazgul is named Buttercup? If this is allowed, I demand the right to refer to Mogul as Tinky-Winky!

I do, however, like what you've done with our Interesting Monster...
Old 11-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #244
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Hmmmph! You're just jealous because that misbegotten, stunted equine Puff doesn't have bouncy curls. Look out Muddled Mirth. Buttercup is in the house!

And if Pimpi or Merisu ever need to fly, just ask, grrlfriends.

[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 11-25-2003, 03:44 PM   #245
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

A bit off topic, but I am in the process of reviving The Seventh Star Inn, here in Gondor. It would be appreciated if all would pop in upon occaision as I begin reminding the membership of the Inn's existence, as well as the existence of Gondor as a forum.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #246
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Quote:
I demand the right to refer to Mogul as Tinky-Winky!
Ai! How did you find out about that? It was the metamorphosis ... er ... it went wrong ... honestly ... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually, I think that Bob the Builder is probably more appropriate. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I am in the process of reviving The Seventh Star Inn, here in Gondor. It would be appreciated if all would pop in upon occaision
I can't see Mogûl being a regular, although Soregum does have a penchant for inns. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 11:48 PM   #247
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
It would be appreciated if all would pop in upon occaision as I begin reminding the membership of the Inn's existence, as well as the existence of Gondor as a forum.
Ah, I would Grralphie, except that I have an allergic reaction to fanfiction that doesn't involve a high tolerance for extreme personal artistic liberty (read: large doses of irreverence and disregard to canon) so I would probably break all the BD roleplaying rules and you would have to kill me. Plus I haven't the time to read all 6 pages. But I wish you luck in your endeavor. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Birdie, I have a feeling Vogie's gonna be the one wanting to fly. Just a guess. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 03:57 AM   #248
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I'd like to encourage all of you to drop into the Inn; since your current characters are somewhere else at the time, you could create new ones for that purpose, perhaps even some who would be permanent 'residents' of the White City and stop by occasionally, as Estelyn does. It's not particularly inviting to others who might like to post there when nothing happens for long stretches of time. I assure you, posting there is easier than here! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

As for posting here, it appears that so much Grrrrlpower has completely knocked out the guys of the Fellow/Galship. Are we to continue as a Galship? That would be a true Mary Sue RPG, of course, but we'd miss you horribly! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Who would like to take the group into the Forest? Just say, "I will write the Post, though I do not know the plot." You can do it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #249
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

I have sent the cavalcade through the entrance to the Forest. As David Byrne once asked, "Who's got a match?"

Oh, and I note that there are two slowly mouldering "Saves" still up on the thread. *taps his foot and checks his watch.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:48 AM   #250
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Are you sure you're not tapping your watch?
Old 12-03-2003, 08:03 AM   #251
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Thanks for the reminder about the saves, Mith. I’ve hesitated to put much pressure on anyone to fill theirs so far – “Gondor has no rules, Gondor needs no rules” – but perhaps we do need to set up guidelines for this story to keep it flowing and make it easier for all authors to write. I’d like to suggest a limit of two, at the most three days for plot-essential posts (needed to establish facts for the following authors) and a week for non-plot-essential posts. These limits are not absolute, but if you cannot make it within that time, please post on the discussion thread to let us all know when you will fill in the post. If, after a week, you realize that no idea has come to mind, and your missing post leaves no plot holes (whatever would we do with plot holes here?! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), feel free to delete it.

I would also like to remind you of the requested posting frequency on this game – regulars should attempt to post a minimum of approximately every two weeks. If it’s not possible for reasons like sickness, absence or extreme busyness, please let us know on the discussion thread, so that we don’t wait for you during that time.

That being said, I have put up a save which will be filled today, or at latest by tomorrow morning BD time.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:54 AM   #252
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Save filled, as promised. And thanks to all who posted within the last days - I enjoy your contributions greatly, even when I don't have time to tell you!

Planning ahead, I would like to suggest that the story take a break over the Christmas holidays. If someone has time and wants to write, fine, but I'm pretty sure I'll be too busy between Dec. 17 (RotK release) and Jan. 1 (holiday company, etc.). What say you?
Old 12-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #253
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I second that motion.

I'm going to be moving and without Internet access during that time.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #254
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
1420!

Definitely a good plan, since mine is to over-indulge gratuitously, particularly in sleep.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:59 AM   #255
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Expanding on the idea of a break - how about taking the pressure off everyone, especially those with saves to fill, by starting holiday hiatus immediately? Unless anyone lets me know today that there's a post that absolutely needs to be written, I will put up a cliff-hanger post and announce the break on the RPG thread.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #256
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Kuruharan and Estelyn please check your PMs and e-mails.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:38 AM   #257
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

I've posted a brief Tolkien-style cliff-hanger to ring in our holiday hiatus - no, no points for recognizing the source, it's pretty obvious! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] We'll get back to the story right after New Year; that will give everyone time to figure out how to come to Merisu's rescue! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I don't know if Pimpi can remember those lines of sublime poetry a second time around. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

(Maybe the tree turned its hearing aid off anyway...)
Old 01-01-2004, 12:34 PM   #258
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Happy New Year, fellow 'translators' of Entish prose! I've put up a save to end holiday hiatus and will fill it within a day or two, solving the cliff-hanger - or maybe not...

Thena, Birdie, what do you plan to do with your saves from the old year? Birdie, I got your PM but can't get into my PM box right now - are you still having forum access problems?
Old 01-01-2004, 01:21 PM   #259
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

(A huge pile of crinkled holiday paper, packing peanuts, empty See's candy boxes, and aluminum angel hair shifts, shudders and collapes)
Happy Holidays! I'm back!

Esty, I'm deleting my former save, and have posted a half-baked post that has got you to the bottom of the tunnel.

Since I was posting at the same time you were posting your save, if it screws up your save, I can delete the half of the post that concerns Merisuwyniel.

The problem seems to have fixed itself, in the meantime.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:56 PM   #260
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

I moved my save to be after Birdie's post - I do want to keep the Alice reference, being a fan of Wonderland! Very enjoyable, Birdie! However, my post will have a more sinister feeling to it, so it works better to have it afterwards.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:11 AM   #261
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

WHAT??? Nooooo tunnel?? NO TUNNEL??? Bilbo has a tunnel. Frodo has a tunnel The Freakin' King of Gondor and Anor had a freakin' tunnel!

But nooooooo! Our Merisuwyniel falls down inside an evil tree and comes out in a bloomin' field of flowers! Harrumph, I say! Harrumph-Harrumph!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 PM   #262
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Oh for pity's sake. Now the Bow is lusting after Merisu, too? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] You have quite outdone yourself, Esty. There is no Mary Sue like the Mary Sue you do. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

On a slightly different topic, Birdie, are you planning something with Vogonwë? I have missed my pathetic poetic and feel I should write an "adventure" for him, but am quite clueless as to what sort of creatures he has encountered. PM me with any juicy details, please. I could make some up if need be, but I don't want to muddle any plans.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #263
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Thank you for the good posts, ladies! Now, do you suppose we can get any of those male heroes interested in continuing??
Old 01-05-2004, 06:14 PM   #264
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I don't know... but we could fill their PM boxes with nasty messages.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #265
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Saucepan, per the Concordat, Mantoes has shipped Mogul's order. Would you like a side of chips with that? BTW, your PM box is full.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #266
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Great post, Mith! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Now it's getting interesting... (cue suspenseful music) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Interesting thought that Merisu is One - there can be only one, eh?! (Be thankful, be very thankful!) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

signed
'One of ...' - oh, how many of us are there now? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 02:48 PM   #267
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Now it's getting interesting? What were the other 117 posts, then? Mincemeat? A piece of fruit you can suck the juice from and then throw away the empty rind? To you it may be uninteresting, but Eunice and me, we call it lust!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:03 PM   #268
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Nice timing, Mith. I've been working on a post. Now I'll have to finish it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 11:36 PM   #269
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Post finished. Save filled in.

Say, that Uruk Captain sure sounds familiar, doesn't he? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #270
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Quote:
And they became known as Orcs***

*** From the Quixotic Eeurrch, meaning “Get away from me, you proletariat scum”
I had no idea that was a footnote.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:19 PM   #271
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

It's a lesser known fact that in the ancient Duneachian tongue, the word for 'footnote' translates literally into either 'merry dance' or 'final reckoning'. Not surprisingly, recent study tells us that the inhabitants of the Drowned Land of Evrlast believed in a parallel of Armageddon known as Badlambda (in modern English 'Charleston'), where the final fate of the universe would be decided in a contest of acrobatic skill in some way involving clogs. Each year they would perform a ritual intended to stave off this event, known as 'Funkëchyken', or 'The Dance of the Birds'. The idea that this was performed in a ritual garb of white (representing purity) and large medallions (representing spiritual wealth) is purely speculatory, and has been attributed to a fondness for certain rare and exotic herbs in its major exponent, Sir Enwin Etceteron of Windling-in-the-Marsh, Cambridgeshire.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:21 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: The Squatter of Amon Rûdh ]
Old 01-11-2004, 08:54 PM   #272
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Orogarn Two is of on his own again, determined to catch up with Skinflint. He'll be back though, with a good story and his wallet!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #273
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Very nice explanation, Squat. That clears a lot of things up. However, I am still very tempted to insert Orcs*** into the Glossary as a variant of Orcs. Or "Elven Trash".
Old 01-13-2004, 02:44 PM   #274
Spectre of Decay

Pipe

I'm glad that such small store of arcane and spurious knowledge I have has been of assistance.

In true Harry-Stu style, Earnur has hijacked the plot in the pursuit of his own enrichment and glory. Feel free to punish him how you will.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #275
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Great first round of posts, everyone! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Mithteriouth developmenth with a thtrangely familiar orc captain, another of Saucy's HoMM chapters, and the amazing introduction of Tarkerwár! To say nothing of two saves to look forward to...

PS - and even as I posted here, a hero arose to save the day on the RPG thread - wonderful, Squatter!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:11 PM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 01-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #276
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Ummmm, Sir Squatter, unless I'm mistaken, Vogonwe is not presently with us. He is consorting with the Zerls.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #277
Spectre of Decay

Sting

As though my spotty hack of a literary alter ego cares about that. This is Mary-Sue, not one of your lah-di-dah coherent RPGs!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:34 PM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: The Squatter of Amon Rûdh ]
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 AM   #278
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Well, someone cares. There's always someone. And so now your thoughtlessness has gone and made Pimpi cry, you naughty man.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:17 AM   #279
Spectre of Decay

1420!

No it hasn't. People always cry when they're peeling mushrooms. Oh, wait...

Anyway, on second thoughts I can rewrite it; but if you want to make it into an hallucination, then the money that lord blancmange-for-brains has made by selling those trombones will have to turn out to be an assortment of old leaves.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #280
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

I would say leave it as it is - Diamond did a great job of making the inconsistency a part of her post. Anyone can do logic - it takes true genius to cope with the illogical!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]