The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #761
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Gwath-->Sally at 8:42am
Shasta-->Gollum at 10:56am
Cailin/Eomer-->Gwath at 11:28am
Boro-->Mac at 11:47am
Agan-->Mac at 11:49am
Mac-->Sally at 11:51am
Lari-->Mac at 12:00pm
Kath-->Cailin/Eomer at 12:06pm
Mac-->Gwath at 12:20pm
retraction of Mac-->Sally at 11:51am
Lari-->Gollum at 12:23pm
retraction of Lari-->Mac at 12:00pm
Sally-->Gollum at 12:24pm
---------------------------------
Gollum-->Mac at 12:31pm
Kath-->Mac at 12:33pm
retraction of Kath-->Cailin/Eomer at 12:06pm
Again, innocents are italicized (including Agan) and if we had any known critics I'd have underlined them. DL of 12:30 my time, all vote times listed accordingly. Enjoy.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #762
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Darn. Okay, well I figured I'd ask. Thanks.~sally
Was Nog onto something about you, on Day 1 sally?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #763
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Was Nog onto something about you, on Day 1 sally?
Not quite sure what you're asking, dear. Sorry.

I'm off to class. Watching the X-Files today (which should make our lovely Miss Kath happy) and will probably have a short break somewhere in the middle of our session. If not, I'll be back around supper time.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #764
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Not quite sure what you're asking, dear. Sorry.~sally
Just thought I'd do it, maybe give you an advanced warning. Everyone I don't know about will get a dose of the Boro treatment today, at this stage we can't footsie around anymore. But I wanted to let you know, that you happened to draw the short straw and will probably be first.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #765
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Just thought I'd do it, maybe give you an advanced warning. Everyone I don't know about will get a dose of the Boro treatment today, at this stage we can't footsie around anymore. But I wanted to let you know, that you happened to draw the short straw and will probably be first.
Fine with me. Just make sure everyone else gets the same treatment and we'll call it even. Like I said before, I deserve to die for my stupidity yesterDay, but killing me honestly won't help the village, so if/when I go down I plan on taking a critic with me.

And what did you mean about Nog, if you don't mind my asking?

Really off to class now. Bye~!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #766
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Note to self: stop obsessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom to Boro
And you know precisely where to find shoes, don't you?
Yes, I'd imagine he does.

Sally why do you think Boro is innocent?

The bad thing is, I'm still alive and I'm going to be busy tomorrow because of a stupid school thing. The good thing is, Mac is dead and I can finally concentrate on others properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Does the other soulmate necessarily HAVE to be an ordo?
Yup. Even if it wasn't stated in the rules, Mith said it later.

I don't think the diva/divo should believe people who tell xem not to reveal, but decide for xemself. Two known innocents today wouldn't be a bad thing, and even if someone else tried to pose as xem, we'd find them out soon enough.

I don't trust anyone of you and least of all phantom.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #767
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And what did you mean about Nog, if you don't mind my asking?~sally
Nog's not really important, just asking if on Day 1 when he voted for you if he was on the right trail.

Quote:
Yes, I'd imagine he does.~Agan
Well I do have 4 pairs of black dress shoes, and 1 pair of brown ones, plus some sandals, a pair of boots, and a pair of walking shoes...so I guess for a gentleman that is an excessive amount of shoes, but I would feel safe in saying everyone here can find their shoes lying around somewhere. If you're trying to suggest what I think you're suggesting, it'd be best for you to stop.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #768
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What kind of boots are they? I like old military style boots (or fascist boots as some people I know call them).

Quote:
it'd be best for you to stop.
Ah but why? I'm bored.

Although I probably shouldn't be, I should be doing something useful. Like going through posts. However it's rather late and I have to wake up early tomorrow.
I'll see if I can come up with something before going to sleep.

I would really like to hear more from Shasta today.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #769
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Sally why do you think Boro is innocent?
Just a feeling. You I know are innocent, he strikes me as innocent.

The bad thing is, I'm still alive and I'm going to be busy tomorrow because of a stupid school thing. The good thing is, Mac is dead and I can finally concentrate on others properly.

Quote:
I don't think the diva/divo should believe people who tell xem not to reveal, but decide for xemself. Two known innocents today wouldn't be a bad thing, and even if someone else tried to pose as xem, we'd find them out soon enough.
Agreed. That's the only secret left to the critics, the identity of our diva/devo, so the longer we keep that hidden the better.

Quote:
I don't trust anyone of you and least of all phantom.
I don't know why Phantom would betray us. How exactly would he benefit from that?
Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #770
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Nog's not really important, just asking if on Day 1 when he voted for you if he was on the right trail.

Ah, gotcha. And not that I expect you to take my word for it, but no, he wasn't.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #771
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
[B]
Well I do have 4 pairs of black dress shoes, and 1 pair of brown ones, plus some sandals, a pair of boots, and a pair of walking shoes...so I guess for a gentleman that is an excessive amount of shoes

Err what would you say was an excessive amount of shoes for a lady?
Otherwise could someone enlighten a poor befuddled Moddess (by PM if necessary what this is about?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #772
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Err what would you say was an excessive amount of shoes for a lady?
Otherwise could someone enlighten a poor befuddled Moddess (by PM if necessary what this is about?
Love, you can never have too many shoes.

(13 more posts to my 1k!)
Old 01-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #773
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
To be honest, I don't think the divo/a should revel themselves today. Critics could then post that they are the real one. We won't know who is the real divo/a.
Nah. The real Divo will have a way to prove his identity. It is doubtful the claim would be challenged.

Unless the Critic or Walter had planned, from the very beginning, on the possibility of a false reveal, in which case they would have a way to "prove" themselves as well. But there aren't many who would plan in detail that far ahead for things that are unlikely to ever happen.

But that isn't to say that there is no advantage to be gained from a hidden Divo. There is. But of course it's all useless if a baddie is not lynched today.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #774
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Nah. The real Divo will have a way to prove his identity. It is doubtful the claim would be challenged.
And you know this how, exactly?

Blah, I'm being a terrible person and popping out from class for a bit. Best get back soon. (We're not even watching the X-Files, much to my chagrin. )

EDIT: Heading back to class now, back later. Make lots of shiny posts for Miss Sally whilst I'm gone, savvy?
EDIT #2: Just noticed Phantom's location. *smiles and toddles off*
Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #775
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
JAgreed. That's the only secret left to the critics, the identity of our diva/devo, so the longer we keep that hidden the better.
Actually I'm rather for xer revealing, but that's just my opinion. I don't know how likely it is that the critics don't already know xer identity, and therefore there's a risk that xer abstaining from revealing benefits the critics more than us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
I don't know why Phantom would betray us. How exactly would he benefit from that?
I don't think he'd exactly betray us - it's more like that he posts without caring which side he's helping, and he could do it just for fun. How else could he amuse himself during these boring days of not being allowed to vote? He isn't on our side, either. That's why I'm not really trusting him.

edit: xed with phantom & sally
Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #776
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

On the subject of shoes....
-black formal
-brown formal
-4 casual everyday
-snow boots
-water shoes
-running
-tennis
-basketball
-hiking
-cleats
-slippers

Grand total: 14

Verdict: Not excessive. All serve a specific purpose.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #777
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Oh really?
Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #778
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I don't know why Phantom would betray us.
Or maybe I like to help whoever is the nicest to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
And you know this how, exactly?
I'm assuming that the Divo has known since the beginning that he is the Divo, and has also realized that he should have a way to prove his claim should it be challenged.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #779
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I don't know how likely it is that the critics don't already know xer identity, and therefore there's a risk that xer abstaining from revealing benefits the critics more than us.
And if the critics do know who the divo (or diva, as the case may be) is, then they aren't likely to be too concerned about keeping the cobbler around anymore.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #780
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
And if the critics do know who the divo (or diva, as the case may be) is, then they aren't likely to be too concerned about keeping the cobbler around anymore.
The cobbler can always help them in the end. With a vote, for example. And if the critics know the diva/divo's identity, they just want xem to stay hidden so the village wouldn't get a known innocent.

After all the diva/divo can be lynched.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #781
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
The cobbler can always help them in the end. With a vote, for example. And if the critics know the diva/divo's identity, they just want xem to stay hidden so the village wouldn't get a known innocent.

After all the diva/divo can be lynched.
Oh. I thought the diva was just sort of invincible.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #782
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Did you hear the news?

Concentric Circles Emanating From Glowing Red Dot!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #783
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Oh. I thought the diva was just sort of invincible.
Nope, phantom is the only invincible player.

Also, if we try to lynch a critic or the cobbler, we are most likely going to get a fake diva/divo reveal. So if the diva/divo revealed now, we would at least have time to discuss it thoroughly if need be. A reveal a few minutes before deadline doesn't sound very tempting.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-16-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: xed with phantom
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #784
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

(13 more posts to my 1k!)
Well it does occur that I have many pairs of shoes few of which I ever wear....

And I have twigged about shoes..and googled cleats....

Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #785
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

Also, if we try to lynch a critic or the cobbler, we are most likely going to get a fake diva/divo reveal. So if the diva/divo revealed now, we would at least have time to discuss it thoroughly if need be. A reveal a few minutes before deadline doesn't sound very tempting.
I agree. If the diva/o is going to reveal, it ought to be done in advance. And I'm beginning to think that maybe it would be a good idea. After all, the only advantage we would have in the diva/o remaining hidden is that the Critics might waste a kill on her/him, but that won't be much help if we don't get a baddie toDay - and knowing who the diva/o is would make that a lot easier.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #786
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

I'm assuming that the Divo has known since the beginning that he is the Divo, and has also realized that he should have a way to prove his claim should it be challenged.
I wouldn't count on it...we don't all play as well or as thoughtfully as you.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #787
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well it does occur that I have many pairs of shoes few of which I ever wear....
Indeed. High heels look darn hot but are uncomfortable to wear too often.
add: Also, I see I have fewer shoes than phantom.

Quote:
After all, the only advantage we would have in the diva/o remaining hidden is that the Critics might waste a kill on her/him
Well unless the critics want to go tricksy again, I'm going to die next night. In any case I find it improbable that they should try to kill the diva/divo, so xe might as well reveal today and save us the trouble.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #788
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

Well unless the critics want to go tricksy again, I'm going to die next night.
You're right! I hadn't thought about that. There really isn't any reason for the diva/o to not reveal.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #789
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Also, I see I have fewer shoes than phantom.
That is no doubt because fascist boots are suitable for just about any occasion.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #790
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
That is no doubt because fascist boots are suitable for just about any occasion.
I haven't found the perfect fascist boots yet but I'm on the look out for them. Unfortunately my foot is so small that it's impossible to get anything authentic that would fit me.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #791
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
There really isn't any reason for the diva/o to not reveal.
Except for the possibility that they are targeted the night after tonight.

But as I said before, that assumes we lynch a baddie today.

And I agree that a Critic or Walter on his way to lynching is likely to claim to be the Divo. But the Divo would do that too. I would advise against a late voting flurry. Voting ahead of time would solve the problem of lynching the Divo and him not having enough time to prove his identity.
Quote:
I wouldn't count on it...we don't all play as well or as thoughtfully as you.
If that is the case, then I might agree that the Divo should come out early, for we would be unlikely to believe a late reveal without proof.

But if the Divo can swiftly prove himself, I don't see why he couldn't sit on his secret and only reveal if the vote swings his direction.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #792
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Anyone have a vote summary from yesterday? It would be nice.
You're very particular for a ghost.

(Name that book!)

EDIT: (And don't google the quote!)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #793
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

But if the Divo can swiftly prove himself, I don't see why he couldn't sit on his secret and only reveal if the vote swings his direction.
I think because knowing who is innocent will make it easier for us to figure out who is not.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #794
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Think holiday songs.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #795
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I haven't found the perfect fascist boots yet but I'm on the look out for them. Unfortunately my foot is so small that it's impossible to get anything authentic that would fit me.
Ha. The first thing that popped into my head was an image of a particularly small fascist dictator.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #796
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I think because knowing who is innocent will make it easier for us to figure out who is not.
Or you all could just vote a little earlier. That way if you have voted for the Divo he can let you know and there will still be plenty of time to think about what you will change your vote to. (And this way the Divo doesn't have to step out needlessly.)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #797
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Think holiday songs.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #798
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
You're very particular for a ghost.

(Name that book!)

EDIT: (And don't google the quote!)
Shall if I want to *pouts*..and you have no idea what weird stuff I got before I put the quotation marks in....

Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #799
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

See, if we lynch an innocent today and an innocent dies in the night (which will happen because the wolves know they are able to kill at least me), we lose. It'd be 3-2 for the wolves as the cobbler can join them then.

And I don't want to see a critic about to be lynched today come out shouting, 'I'm the diva!' and have some poor wavering soul retract and vote someone else just because they don't want to risk killing xem. Also, it's usually difficult for an innocent to predict how the vote goes.

Gwath, I'm not planning to become a dictator... yet. And though I wear a uniform I was not born to fight.

edit: xed with phantom. I will probably have to vote early (ie an hour or two before deadline) because I've promised to go to cinema with some friends and the movie they want to see begins at, erm, don't remember. Around deadline anyway.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #800
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*googled, but just to check her suspicions*

Ah, very nice, Gwath dear.

Back but soon going to supper. And thus I leave you with a quote (which I didn't even realize I knew....weird....)

"Permit me thus to be torn from thee." (Well, at least until my tummy's full.)

(As with Gwath's, no googling. Enjoy, darlings~!)