The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 12:14 AM   #201
Eol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And it is a very lovely picture at that!
Old 09-08-2002, 03:50 AM   #202
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

Not to boast but I have lovley eyes, a beautiful deep shade of blue.
Not light hair though.
Galadrie1: Short, short black hair, green eyes, glasses.
Thengise: I have no idea why but I'm thinking of a horse, a pure bred grey stallion...
Old 09-08-2002, 12:16 PM   #203
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Galadrie1: Short, short black hair, green eyes, glasses.
My hair's shoulder-length right now, and it's not black, i don't have green eyes, and i'm the only person in my family who doesn't wear glasses [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 09-08-2002, 08:11 PM   #204
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sharku: a giant, disembodied nose (don't ask, I guess an Eye of Sauron offshoot)

I look like my picture
<------------
As far as a tiger who looks nothing like me could look like me.
I've been likened to the killer bunny in Monty Python and the holy grail, you know the one (or not). It looks pretty innocent at first and then goes and rips someone's throat out... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2002, 07:12 PM   #205
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm almost afraid to ask if someone would try me...
Old 09-09-2002, 10:18 PM   #206
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
Samwise: Again, I've seen your picture, but I thought you'd be maybe a bit older, lighter hair, very smiley.(Got the last bit right! )
LOL, ty, I like that! Pray tell(and no offense taken here,Rosseiliantiel), what did you mean by 'a bit older'?
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (sure she's posted her age once or twice around here....)
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 09-10-2002, 08:49 AM   #207
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Quote:
I'm almost afraid to ask if someone would try me...
Salix, no offense, but I'm not even sure of your gender. Please enlighten me.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:38 AM   #208
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Purple hair? What do you think I am... a punk rocker from the dead eighties? I pity the poor souls who had to live thru that era. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

A few people took some accurate guesses at me when this thread was new. Check out pages 1 and 2 and maybe 3, Sol.

I think I took a guess at Celeb and Vanima back there. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #209
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Freckles? Hmmm...I have a few freckles on my face, but not too many. LOL...but I can see how you all get that impression.

You did, Cimmy? What did you say about me? I looked through, but I couldn't find it...

EDIT: *comes back panting* Nope: been through all the pages: no mention of li'l ol' me!

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 09-12-2002, 03:03 AM   #210
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Vanima_Edhel – A tall, young woman, blonde and dizzy. Confused most of the time about her place in society. Cries when accosted and runs to big, strong barbarians for consoling.

Gayalondiel – A small, fairly pleasant looking young woman. Content and happy with her life, though she is easily depressed. A very kind and caring person if one has the pleasure of knowing her.

Birdland – Usually offbeat, like I had mentioned before but a very sore loser. Will leave a game or engagement if things don’t go her way.

Bethberry – A very sober person who enjoys reading a lot. Usually buried in her books of resource and reference manuals but ever ready to share her abundant knowledge.

Gandalf the Grey – The look of a typical teacher’s pet in any class or game room, wears spectacles that telescope into the computer’s monitor. Usually carries a lot of books, hence giving the impression of a bent old man, even though he’s not that old.

Piosenniel – A very pretty woman, very vain of her beauty as well. Loves to wear expensive apparel and flaunt them flamboyantly.

Samwise – A wise looking woman, very pious and grandmotherly. Usually wears dull, unflattering attire yet readily quotes words of wisdom. An all round comfortable person to know.

Phoenix Solitude – A young girl, brown haired and freckled. Often confused about directions. She would rather spend time looking into shop windows than read a road map.

PS – This too is an attempt to be funny, and not meant to offend or insult. Come on, let go of your inhibitions and laugh with me.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #211
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Piosenniel

Mirror image of Audrey Hepburn in 'Charade'; though given to wearing comfortable, old jeans and soft, faded silk shirts borrowed from friends.

Seeking Cary Grant.

Thought I'd better clarify who I really am! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 12:17 PM   #212
LaurinaAinur
Pile O'Bones

LaurinaAinur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LaurinaAinur
Sting

*waves hand wildly*
Me next! Me next!
(and I won't get offended, no matter what you say [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ...I love to laugh at myself)
By the way, I read just read every single page on this thread [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] - they're great!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:57 PM   #213
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise – A wise looking woman, very pious and grandmotherly. Usually wears dull, unflattering attire yet readily quotes words of wisdom. An all round comfortable person to know.
Why thank you, Cimm...grandmotherly???
(not mad, Cimm, I am laughing) there's a description I hoped I wouldn't hear for 20 years at least...oh, well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 09-12-2002, 03:02 PM   #214
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aww Samwise, I'm sure Cimm didn't mean that in a bad way. Actually, by grandmotherly I think: Nice, warm, smiling. Big hugs and cookies. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And I know for a fact that you ARE nice, warm and smiling, so...... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #215
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm. I haven't made a guess at anyone in a while...

Cimm:Small, but quite muscular and strong so don't let his size fool you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Dark curly hair (definitely NOT purple) Loyal to his friends, and not afraid to give his opinion.
Wears clothes suitable for travelling in case he's needed for any sort of adventuing. Definitely a guy you'd want with you if you were walking a long and half a dozen Orcs or Wargs showed up... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 04:10 PM   #216
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Cimmy! Right on! That's actually what I look like! LOL...and a bit what I act like, I suppose...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:42 AM   #217
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Heh heh, almost on target, Samwise. Except that my size wouldn't fool people. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yo, Vanima, always happy to oblige. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 05:15 AM   #218
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

I can't help my active imagination!
I'm brown and freckled, and I don't like maps and I'm awful with directions-my idea is go round there and turn there then walk down the road...
Old 09-13-2002, 06:16 AM   #219
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Anyone care to guess how I look like (without looking at the pic first)? Samwise: I actually imagined you to be younger than you are, but still kinda motherly.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 09-13-2002, 07:13 AM   #220
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

Vanwalossien : Large black eyes atop a realatively pretty, but pointed face. Shot and draped in shrouds of black clothing, including large combat boots and a hooded black velvet cloak.

PS- i like your signature, from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban I happen to know...
Old 09-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #221
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OK.. Not entirely correct, but who cares (I wouldn't mind a black cloak though. Great for certain movie openings in December. A warm, black velvet cloak.. Norway in the winter ..*shudders*).. Try this; nerd (bigtime) with glasses (or contacts, depending on my mood) with long brown hair and blue eyes. Small(1,55 m). Pic in the "Show us your true self"-thread. As for the signature, I felt that it somehow was right for me.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 13, 2002: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 09-13-2002, 03:01 PM   #222
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

We'll have to trust eachother to not look at the Barrow-Downers picture page before guessing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Mind you, i've no picture yet so you are welcome to guess at me...

I think I have made a guess or so on earlier pages but I doubt they were accurate. Everyone looks like an Elf or a Hobbit to me so I think i'll give no more, of course though I've seen pictures of many of you now...
Old 09-13-2002, 06:15 PM   #223
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Aww Samwise, I'm sure Cimm didn't mean that in a bad way
Like I said, I wasn't mad, and I didn't take it in a bad way. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 06:38 PM   #224
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Raefindel, I am a girl.

And I am not offended. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 13, 2002: Message edited by: Salix ]
Old 09-14-2002, 04:38 PM   #225
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

This is how I pictured some of the people...

Samwise: Middle-aged blond headed womanvery energetic and always smiling

Raefindel: Dark hair, very pretty, and probably in her late twenties.

NazgulNumber10: {before I saw the picture} Um...older teenager with dark hair, on the TALLer side, and kinda skinny but not that much

Tigerlily Gamgee: Light brown curly hair, in her mid-twenties, also always smiling

Joy: around 22-23, long blonde hair (and I mean VERY blonde)

Barrow-Wight: Actually, I always thought you were this 40 year old man with dark hair who sits around on the computer all day just looking for someone to screw up on the forum.

Well, everyone, sorry if I affended any of you. That was before I saw all of your pictures. I was very much wrong on alot of you. You all looked so much different than I expected. (But it is all in a good way.) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #226
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise: Middle-aged blond headed woman very energetic and always smiling
Hee Hee-- no offense taken. As far as the "Very energetic" part, though, I wish.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 11:25 AM   #227
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boy, I admit when I first started this thread I thought, "it'll go 15-20 posts until people forget about it." I'm just tickled people are still having so much fun. Goes to show open-ended questions are where it's at. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Maril
Old 09-16-2002, 05:51 PM   #228
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

OK, Salix, I picture you as being about 16 and having really dark brown hair cut in an ultra-short cut. Black lipstick, about 5'5".

Quote:
Raefindel: Dark hair, very pretty, and probably in her late twenties.
Not even close, Eruwen! but thanks! I'd like to be in my late 20's again...My picture's on the Picture page, thanks to Alakoonion.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:06 PM   #229
Eruwen

Tolkien

Lol, Raefindel. But mind mind does wander sometimes. That is just how I pictured you.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:24 PM   #230
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Actually, someone described me as a "17th century pub owner" on one of the first pages of this thread. LOL!

Eruwen; a teen-age, willowy blonde with blue eyes and braces.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #231
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Tolkien

Raefindel- did I do you?
Maril: A short 15 yr old with a bob of black hair who loves long and complicated words.
Lush: blond ditz with bags of attitude.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:15 PM   #232
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Barrow Wight: not at all like his picture, I always imagined him as a faceless figure, cloaked in black, sitting at his computer 24 hours a day, never sleeping or eating, just watching...always watching.....
Sharku: I know it's dumb, but I always imagine a cartoon shark
Anyway, what does the phantom look like?
Old 09-17-2002, 03:20 PM   #233
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Raefindel- did I do you?
I'd don't think so, but I haven't kept that close a watch.

I know I've said this before, but
I'm having trouble coming up with an image of some of you because I'm not sure of your gender. Some of your screen-names are so vague, and some of you girls have guys as your picture.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:56 AM   #234
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have noticed many new people ask here about how do other members think they look. Well, this is how it works... for me at least -

I need to read a substantial amount of posts, either on topic, off topic or rpg, to hazzard a guess. A person visually appears in my mind by the way they structure their posts and replies. I don't look at the pictures they have cause it doesn't really help. The fun of it, is to guess how you think your fellow downers look by reading their posts on various subjects.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #235
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I agree Cimmerian that you do need quite a number of posts to get a mental image (even if mine are all from ME), as i'm sure many others do. Mind you there are many members with a large post count that have gone without someone guessing at them yet. Whether that is a good or bad thing I do not know...
Old 09-20-2002, 05:20 PM   #236
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Cimmy: hence how you have an image of annoying, ol' me!

And I don't even try to guess with people, because I keep envisioning Dwarves, Hobbits, Elves and people like that. I can envision matching outfits perfectly, but people? Nope...that's why I'll be a clothing designer, not a people designer...
Old 09-21-2002, 09:00 AM   #237
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Well, if you need to read a decent amount of posts, what do you think I look like?

Here's my opinion.

Vanima: Blonde. Got into LOTR on account of the guys in the movie and found out that there was more to it than Orlie's cheekbones. Smiles a lot. Braces?

Cimm: (OK, I have inside info, but STILL) Tall, with dark hair. Muscular, doesn't smile a lot, but everybody who knows him thinks he's funny.

Barrow-wight: Average looking guy, pale skin from a lot of computer time. Nobody who looks at him on the street would guess that he's an LOTR web guru.

Mithadan: Dark hair, neatly cut. Clean shaven. What mothers would refer to as "a nice young man" when he was in high school.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:56 AM   #238
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Mithadan: Dark hair, neatly cut. Clean shaven. What mothers would refer to as "a nice young man" when he was in high school.
That made me laugh,Elenna! LOL! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2002, 01:36 PM   #239
Eruwen

Tolkien

Quote:
Eruwen; a teen-age, willowy blonde with blue eyes and braces.
Lol. Don't I wish I had blonda hair and blue eyes. But you got the teen-age part right. I actually have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and sorry..no braces. Lol. This is fun ya know?
Old 09-21-2002, 01:48 PM   #240
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

Wheeee! whoa! some of these desrciptions.....makes me scared to ask what you people think i look like...... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] jk!

muoahahahaha!