The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Meriadoc Brandybuck

Ok. This has been done a while back with Frodo and Pippin. But it looked fun so I thought I would start another one with Merry.

What I'm talking about is a "diary". {kind of}. It's like we start off at the beginning of the LOTR, and write a "journal entry" for each thing that happened to him every day on the journey. Oh, and we will go by the book on this. So if you havn't read them, I would recomend it. Anyway, anyone can join in, but remember to keep it clean. {Cause these aren't secret, ya know?) So here it goes with the first entry...

Day One:
It's almost here. Bilbo Baggins is turning 111, and his party is almost here. Sam has shared a hint or two to me and Pippin about some of Gandalf's plans for the party...like fireworks!! When Pip heard I think he was more than just excited about the show. I think he's thinking up somethin'. I barely see Frodo anymore. And when I do, he's off daydreaming. That's all he does anymore.

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 08:06 PM   #2
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

These are fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Day two: Ugh, the party wil never get here! I have my party suit all picked out so I can impress the ladies. Not that it's ever worked before, but you never know. Whenever I mention the party Pippin gets this wierd look on his face and giggles. He's definately up to something, but I can't get him to tell me what, not even by threatening to blackmail him with a love letter he wrote to Rose Cotton five years ago. She wrote him back a note asking if he was joking. Ha! Oh, no, I'm out of ink, so that's all for now.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:36 AM   #3
MallornLeaf
Haunting Spirit

MallornLeaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MallornLeaf
Silmaril

Day Three:
Can you beleive it? Bilbo has vanished off the face of the planet (apparently)! The only people who didn't seem very surprised by his rousing speach were Frodo and Gandalf. (oh, and did i mention what WE were doing during the speach?--me and pippin, that is. We were cleaning up dishes all because we tried to have a little fun with fireworks. Everyone at the party loved it--except Gandalf) But anyway, Biblo made a rousing speach and the up and disappeared! For a while, Gandalf was nowhere to be found. then a little while later, frodo was out of sight too. He returned about a half an hour later, and told us all to leave! (can you imagine that, right as the party was getting going!) So now I'm sitting here baffled. Sam and Pippin just left, and we decided to keep our eyes on Frodo. Things seem like they are going to get strange, and we started our little conspiracy to protect our dear friend!

"I pass the test, I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."
MallornLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 08:44 AM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<font color="red">OK. I just had to do another one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font color="pretty blue">Day Four:
Today I went out into the woods to find Frodo, and he was talking really weird. Like he was about to die or something and would never see Hobbiton again. I think something's up. Like he HIMSELF is planning on leaving. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I think I'm going go talk to Sam about it. Pippin says he notices the same thing somethimes. Sam is kind of our "spy". He fills us in on everything that happens at Bag-End. I just hope he doesn't get caught one of these days. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:51 AM   #5
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Day Six: I just found out that I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. I'm not the only Hobbit who's seen Bilbo disappear into thin air (at the time I thought it was my pipe weed making me see things). Pippin and Sam know about it too. We think it has something to do with that golden Ring he carried around everywhere...and now Frodo has it. We'd better keep an eye on him or else he may disappear for good. He keeps talking about moving away and never seeing us again. So depressing.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:08 AM   #6
Aldagrim Proudfoot
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aldagrim Proudfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Day Seven: Sam hasn't heard much, but I think something's up. Frodo has been keeping away from other people, he's been acting really weird. I've been wanting somemushrooms, lately, so I think I'll get Pippin to go with me to Farmer Maggot's. We just have to be more careful.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:53 AM   #7
Astaldotathrawen
Pile O'Bones

Location: Mordor and Lorien, through Rivendell and Hobbiton and beyond!
Astaldotathrawen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey Eruwen!! This sounds really cool. I think I'm gonna try one.

Day Eight:
Well, actually. It's not day eight right now. It's a long while later. I just havn't written in a while. Ok. Let me fill you in on the scoop. Last night Sam was doing some spying for us, and just like him, got caught. Gandalf had showed up and started talking to Frodo about some Dark Lord and this quest he had to go on. Well, he don't know that me and Pip know. Yet. You see, Frodo is our friend. We aren't going to just let him go and escape out of the Shire with just Sam. How will he survive? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, we'll follow him a little while and them fill HIM in.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:02 AM   #8
Rinfanawen

Tolkien

Day Eleven:
Waiting for Frodo. Very bored. I agreed to go to Crickhollow with Fatty early to keep Frodo's "new home" until he got there. They left the other day after we left. It's a quite comfy home if I say so myself. Kind of lonely though. With only Fatty Bolger keeping me company. What could be taking them so long? I think I'm going to go out tonight to find them. Fatty will, of course, stay here.

(A few hours later):
Well, I'm off. Seeing that they havn't come yet. I hope they didn't get lost or nothin. Anyway, I'm going to go out to the Bucklebury Ferry. Hopefully they've at least made it there.

-----------------------------------
Ahh!!!!! My first Post!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: Rinfanawen ]
Old 06-14-2002, 04:32 PM   #9
Merry
Animated Skeleton

Merry has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Day Eleven even later,
Found them. They were getting a ride from Farmer Maggot to the ferry. Seems Frodo got a great deal of mushrooms from him. Pippin made a huge mess on the floor during bathtime. Anyway, tonight after dinner the three of us told Frodo that we're coming with him on his quest and that's all there is to it. He tried to talk us out of it. He also decided to go through the old forest. Fatty tried to talk him out of it too. No use trying to talk us hobbits out of anything.

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: Merry ]

[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: Merry ]
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well This Thread is Old but I thought that we could get It Going Again.

Day 13:
Well I decided to go into the Old Forest... Nobody wanted to but we went anyway. Now were in the house of Tom Bombadil because he saved me and Pippin from a tree called Old Man Willow... I won't talk about it now... Well were having dinner got to go.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
Annatar
Pile O'Bones

Annatar has just left Hobbiton.
Day 14:
Well we went through the Barrow Downs and got caught by a Barrow Wight. Tom Bombadil saved us, and I got a sword. Hope it comes in useful. Anyway, we're heading to Bree. Hope we'll be safe there.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Day 16:
We went to the village of Bree and there met up with a man called Strider, he is a ranger. I went out on a walk when we had stopped at the inn of the Prancing Pony, which is a good inn by all accounts, sometimes us Bucklanders go there from time to time.

Well anyway, Pippin was apparently talking too much and almost spilled the beans about Bilbo's ring, so Frodo sang a little song and put the darned ring on his finger, turned invisible and this Strider had to do something about it. Well those Blackriders came and put poor old me to sleep, eventually that Butterbur's servant, Nob came and woke me up. This Strider was in our room and I had read a letter from Gandalf that was supposed to come to Frodo months ago. Well we cannot go into our room, because those Blackriders will come, and kill us and take the ring. Not a very pleasant thought.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #13
Melilot Brandybuck
Animated Skeleton

Melilot Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Day 17

Today didn't start very well. Turns out our ponies have been stolen, so now we have to WALK. Arrgggh... the bunion on my right foot is hurting already, just at the thought of it. The innkeeper managed to buy a replacement pony in the village, but it's skinny and looks a little lame. It bit me when I was pointing out those facts to Sam. I hate that pony, but Sam seems fond of it. Oh well. At least we haven't got to carry the heaviest of the baggage.

Strider is going to lead us out of Bree. I'm not sure I trust him, but Frodo's dead set on having him with us. This trip is turning into a disaster, what with those Black Riders and everything. But hey ho... guess we've got to see it through.

The highlight of the the day was when Sam lobbed an apple at the ex-owner of our new pony, and hit him in the head. WAHAHAHAHAHA, we had a good laugh over that. Better go now, Strider is shouting at me to hurry up. We've got another another 5 miles to go before sundown.

Wonder where Gandalf has got to?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Day: 18

So, this Strider person said yesterday "My cuts, Short or long, don't ever go wrong", there was a lot of truth in that one... no not really but cousin Pippin was relieved apparently, and I suppose that is a good thing (although, he's not the brightest one on the block, but he does know enough in his own right, always following me around... he likes to copy me.). Strider led us into the Midgewater Marshes... Pip said that there are more midges than water, he is very right, I hate this place. The "Neekerbreekers", or the nasty loud bugs, are horrible. Tomorrow, I hope we get out of this place.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #15
Alonna
Animated Skeleton

Alonna has just left Hobbiton.
Day 19

I swear if I have to miss second breakfast another day, I'm going to go join forces with Sauron. I'm sure he doesn't starve his minions, or else they wouldn't keep working for him. Frodo agrees with me. He said that if he didn't get more to eat, he was going to turn into a wraith. We're almost to Weathertop. Perhaps there will be a nice restaurant on top of it, if not a restaurant at least a decent bed an breakfast.
Alonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #16
Melilot Brandybuck
Animated Skeleton

Melilot Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Day 21

Not much exciting has happened. Just endless walking, walking, walking on our way to Weathertop, wherever that may be. And I'm hungry. Dried fruit, stale bread and water just isn't cutting it. At least the pony can eat grass, which seems plentiful. I can't stop thinking about food. Visions of roast lamb, roast potatoes, thick wedges of cheese on fresh bread.... I remember one of Bilbo's specialties of the table was mushrooms cooked in a creamy garlic sauce... what I'd give for a dish of those right now...

Of course I'm not allowed to voice my hunger, everyone gets angry with me. Plus, I've felt a little strange since that night at Bree. Strider said it's the lingering effects of the Black Breath (whatever that is), and that for someone so foolish, I've got off very lightly. He's full of hints and riddles, that one.

I'll write again when we reach Weathertop.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:22 AM   #17
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Day 22 or 23

Today Frodo got stabbed by the Witch King or something... big deal its not like it's a life or death matter or anything. Strider is getting really anxious for nothing got some strange plant. We walked some more. Frodo not doing so hot I guess, Pippin's really annoying... always doesn't know whats going on... I could kill him some days, Sam's not helping our progress very well either, always worried about Frodo... Mr. Frodo this and Mr. Frodo that. (They get very annoying after a while) Frodo feels sorry for himself, I feel no pity.

-The very impatient Merry