Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #201
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Can I say, I so want you to do this, perfect time with the troupe out investigating and Aldarion getting the script together.
I think it's the best opportunity to cause a bit a mischief. Let's see where Aldarion goes in his wanderings that would also be a likely location for a transient sailor to be.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #202
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just a note: if it's Therian + Branor and Herrenon + Coldan, then remaining we have Asta, Aldarion, Sereth and Amdir. Mnemo, how do you suppose Brinn would distribute them?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #203
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Dim - Coldan has no objections, and neither have I, but were we quite there yet? I thought we were still at the rehearsal. Shall we just pretend Harry asks after Brinnosyne or somebody has moved us to the following morning, and I'll have Coldan reply to him then?

And Ang, I forgot to say that your Cirdacil scenes are splendid! (I didn't know rubicund was a word - thanks for enlarging my vocabulary.)
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #204
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Just a note: if it's Therian + Branor and Herrenon + Coldan, then remaining we have Asta, Aldarion, Sereth and Amdir. Mnemo, how do you suppose Brinn would distribute them?
A suggestion vís-a-vís Amdír: in all probability, he's going to be busy getting the sets out of storage, and then doing some hefty modifications to get them suitable for the new tale. As such, if Brinn decides to pair him with anyone, it should probably be someone conscripted to help with the manual labour, and any "research" they do would be incidental or accidental.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #205
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Quote:
were we quite there yet? I thought we were still at the rehearsals. Shall we just pretend Harry asks after Brinnosyne or somebody has moved us to the following morning and I'll have Coldan reply to him then?
Sure, we could do that, Pitch. I had gathered from Nerwen's post in the game that the Players were just deciding to go into the city for information. I might have got it slightly wrong, though.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #206
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Brinn and those who were with her were planning the next day. Everyone else should have still been rehearsing but I assumed it just kind of petered out. So my latest post takes place after all of that's done and we're maybe an hour from sundown. Have no clue how good or bad the City Watch is, but it's not a good idea to head out after dark to gather information, plus everyone's still reeling a little from the day's events.

Brinn has made her assignments; you are free to follow them--or not follow them--as you please. If any character sternly objects, speak now or forever hold your peace. Or better yet, hold your peace and then go and do something else on the next day.

Whoever wants to move things ahead to the next day and set off--please do!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #207
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Dim, sorry, but my mind is a little blank at the moment, and its past 1 a.m. here. I'll post sometime tomorrow, only I don't yet know when I'll get to it, so in the meantime, if you feel like making Harry and Coldan set out in the Morning (in-game time), that would be wonderful, and I'll take it from there. As a born Gondorian, would Harrenon have an idea where to start investigating?

EDIT:
for Rick Cottontree!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #208
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
No worries, Pitch. I've written my post and you can take over whenever you have time. I hope Harry's (how come we've started to call Harrenon Harry, anyway?) proposal to visit armouries and smithies isn't too far-fetched and also doable, since I'm afriad I can't think of anything better at four in the morning. To be honest, I initialy thought of a place where records are kept - sort of like Gondor's version of a library, if they had one, which perhaps they did given their level of civilisation - but then dismissed it as much too convenient and easy. I also hope I've got Coldan's speech right. Imitating accents is not really my strong point so if you have anything to correct, feel free.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #209
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
was originally going to arrive in the morning but as you can see, I couldn't wait and neither could angry angry Cirdacil. I'm afraid I'm going to be away for the rest of today, so I hope this isn't too much of a roadblock. If it is, maybe pretend it hasn't happened, roll on and I can delete it and post it later?

assume as it stands I've caught the lot bar Branor and Therian. Cirdacil has news, desires, questions and orders that principally affect Mistress Celebrindal, Aldarion and Amdir...
Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #210
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Um. We seem now to have to have two separate timelines running.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #211
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Indeed, Amdír as well as Harry and Coldan are on their way already; plus if Cirdacil arrives in the evening, Day One is extended ad infinitum. Maybe, Ang, the simplest solution would be to have it happen early next morning, after Amdír, Coldan and Harrenon have set out, but with the rest of the troupe still at the inn? Luckily, Nerwen's post was ambiguous enough about the daytime to allow for that, if we decide on it.

Dim, your post is fine. I'll take us to an armourer's shop, and we'll see who we run across there. I think I have an idea...
(As for Harry, it seemed a natural abbreviation to me. Looks like you've caught the virus)
Old 03-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #212
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
In terms of time line, just bear in mind that Branor and Therian won't have returned by morning, so anything they've done or are doing won't be known yet by the others.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #213
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm assuming for now that it is the next morning, and that a number of our party have already left to do their info-gathering.

One other thing--the carts are still in the courtyard; someone, at least, is probably sleeping in them for security's sake, but those who wanted to jump at the opportunity of getting better beds had the chance to do so. Post coming shortly.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #214
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Indeed, Amdír as well as Harry and Coldan are on their way already; plus if Cirdacil arrives in the evening, Day One is extended ad infinitum. Maybe, Ang, the simplest solution would be to have it happen early next morning, after Amdír, Coldan and Harrenon have set out, but with the rest of the troupe still at the inn? Luckily, Nerwen's post was ambiguous enough about the daytime to allow for that, if we decide on it.
Yes, I think that's the most workable solution. I will edit my post to take place after the sun has risen and if Ang does the same thing it should be fine.

I suppose Branor and Therian can decide whether or not they returned to their rooms or the carts before Cirdacil arrived.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #215
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

All right- I've changed my post. The sun has just come up and Amdir and Coldan/Harrenon left just before Cirdacil showed up. I don't know where Branor and Therian are.

Ang- if you could just do a very slight edit to change your timing we should be fine.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #216
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

We're not quite at the armourer's yet, because I had the idea to take Harry and Coldan to Lamedon Square Market, which I assume would be somewhere near our inn. Fea and Formy, if you feel like writing a cameo for either of your characters from that game, that would be nice, but if you don't have the time I'll just have us continue on our way.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #217
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

ok - I'm changing from evening to morning?

EDIT: done. Funny, when I posted I didn't have Formendacil's previous one to go on, even though according to the times he got in a while before I did. Sorry about the slight chaos. Still, remember we're in good company, Othello has a double time line etc...

Last edited by Anguirel; 03-19-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #218
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I've edited mine slightly to make it clear it's already light.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #219
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

By the way, Mnemo, you've got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
very pompous-looking *** of a man standing just inside.
If this was, as I assume, a synonym for "donkey", it's on the censored words list.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #220
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thumbs up Keptin, sensors register a tyemporal anomaly!

Somehow, Branor and Therian seem to have travelled five years into the future now...
Lovely job, Fea!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #221
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Somehow, Branor and Therian seem to have travelled five years into the future now...
Time paradox?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #222
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nerwen, Pippin calls Merry one in RotK, and if we're not allowed to use words whose older, less offensive meanings have changed, then that throws out "queer" and "gay" in their original contexts as well--both of which were also used by JRRT in LotR itself. (So yes, I did intend "donkey." So did J.M. Barrie, no doubt.)

Thanks for the heads-up, and if a mod wants me to change it, I shall--but I was already thinking about it as I posted and decided to go with it since this particular word has a slightly different historical status from the others.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #223
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
a ss

You can always put it in this way.

Any curse that appears in The Hobbit or RotK is fine with me - but apparently not with the Barrow-Downs programming. (Not even a mod can put in the original word as you can see because I tried to edit it in on your post.)

~*~ Pio
Old 03-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #224
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Interestingly you could post what we brits use when we don't mean donkey....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 03-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #225
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Lovely job, Fea!
they've gone forward in years but backward in season, lurched up in autumn and woken in spring...
Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #226
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yep, I've completely neglected all coherent timeline. Pay no attention to continuity.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #227
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
they've gone forward in years but backward in season, lurched up in autumn and woken in spring...
... and they don't even have the excuse of having been in Lórien inbetween.

Fea, let me know if I need to change anything about your alter ego and Erchan in my post.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #228
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Pitchwife

Tried to PM you

Quote:
Pitchwife has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Please edit off your signature on your most recent post.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #229
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Oops!

Done, pio, thanks for the reminder! I try to remember unchecking that box, but sometimes I'm so eager to get something posted I forget. I'll be more careful from now on.
And I suppose I'd better clean up my PM box...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #230
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Fea, let me know if I need to change anything about your alter ego and Erchan in my post.
You've written them marvelously.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #231
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
... and they don't even have the excuse of having been in Lórien inbetween.
actually maybe they have been...a wild night indeed...
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #232
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
I love how Brinn's sprained ankle leads to the Houses of Healing. (Wasn't Esty going to do a Ioreth cameo, by the way?)
Yes! I'm back home from my trip and have just caught up with reading the game and discussion threads. Needless to say, I was delighted to see the above development. I am tremendously enjoying reading the excellent posts by all!

Now, who's going to go back to the healer's house and talk to Ioreth? I'll start thinking of how *helpful* and *accurate* her memories can be...
Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #233
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

pio, didn't even realize it was edited out! And I'm sure as Shiretalk I've seen a few 'Downers slip a Big Big D which made it past.

I'll try to get up a response to Anguirel's post later this evening; unfortunately, I have a lot of other writing on my plate tonight, and this time it's for RL.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #234
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Just to make this clear about the censoring business: I wasn't saying, "bad Mnemo!", I was letting you know the word had been edited out automatically. The program evidently just has a list of words it checks for, regardless of context.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #235
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As a matter of some interest, I just made a list of the first fifteen or so 'bad' words off the top of my head, and only two were censored.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #236
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Anyone who can find a Tolkien canon use of a swear word should please PM me the reference.

See HERE for a ss

And, I wouldn't try using this word outside the RPG's in this forum. The other mods will not look kindly on it, I'm sure.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #237
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
It's been quite a busy weekend for me, I should learn not to pack everything into a 2-day period. I'm beat but caught up on all the action.

Post of Branor and Therian running into Coldan and Harrenon at the Lamedon market will come when I wake up tomorrow, unless we're moving up the time line?

Last edited by Boromir88; 03-20-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #238
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anguirel, just as a warning, Brinn is not going to come to the common room on Cirdacil's terms--she's not going to be able to negotiate nearly as well after being bodily carried into the common room, and I doubt that Cirdacil would want to negotiate in such a public setting anyhow--which would mean she'd have to be moved further.

It was so tempting to pull Rollan out of there before before you could write Cirdacil intervening. But I restrained myself. I suspect that he shall, but would really appreciate it if he didn't--hate to see this come to an explosion so early on before we figure out what the other has to say.

The conflict might be inherent in our characters, though.

(And they say Werewolf is stressful! )
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #239
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Looks like Rollan got lucky...

phantom, if and when those letters ever get to Aldarion, shall I PM you what they say?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #240
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Pitch, I did the best I could with Coldan's accent and representing his general feelings. If I need to make any edits, let me know.