The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #3441
tromkehra
Pile O'Bones

tromkehra has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to tromkehra Send a message via MSN to tromkehra Send a message via Yahoo to tromkehra Send a message via Skype™ to tromkehra
Hey everyone!

Hey I'm new here, Roa was telling me about this place and sounds like a lot of fun .
tromkehra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #3442
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tromkehra View Post
Hey I'm new here, Roa was telling me about this place and sounds like a lot of fun .
This is making me start to think that Roa is leading spambots to this site. No offense to you if you are a real person.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #3443
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
This is making me start to think that Roa is leading spambots to this site. No offense to you if you are a real person.
I'm pretty sure tromkehra is a real person. The other people Roa's brought here were. Plus, spambots usually don't sign up for Werewolves, do they?

And, hi tromkehra.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #3444
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome to the Downs, tromkehra, hope you'll enjoy the manifold pastimes of the undead!
Please forgive Hakon's somewhat less than enthusiastic welcome, it's just that this place has been inundated by a real wave of spambots lately, some of them looking almost genuine. And thanks to Roa for recruiting yet another proselyte!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Plus, spambots usually don't sign up for Werewolves, do they?
Hush! Don't give them ideas...
Old 11-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #3445
tromkehra
Pile O'Bones

tromkehra has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to tromkehra Send a message via MSN to tromkehra Send a message via Yahoo to tromkehra Send a message via Skype™ to tromkehra
Thank you guys for the welcome, heh well I'm sure there's good reason for the worry then. I do promise that I'm an actual person. Thank you for the welcome, Lostote and Pitchwife.
tromkehra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #3446
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Welcome tromkehra, I look forward to werwolfing with you.

And congrats to Roa for all her recruiting. One question though, please tell me these recruits aren't Roa's personal army of analyzers?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #3447
micklejohn

Hello everyone
I am new to the forum. I am very glad to found this site and to be a part of this community.I thought it might be a good idea to have a stickied thread where people can say a little bit about themselves if they choose.This site is really doing great work.My hobby is to make friends,Traveling,listing music,watching beautiful scenes and capturing them and to know about new stuffs.There are many interesting things I have seen in the site.I always look for informative things.So I hope this side will help me.Thanks.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #3448
JoltFlame
Pile O'Bones

JoltFlame has just left Hobbiton.
Hello, I am a newly registered member. I have mainly come to discuss the confrontation between The Black Captain and Gandalf.
JoltFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #3449
Mugwump
Wight

Mugwump has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome, Joltflame! I'm new here too.

(I suppose you mean the movie confrontation between dino-riding super-Nazgul and wimpy-Gandalf?)
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #3450
JoltFlame
Pile O'Bones

JoltFlame has just left Hobbiton.
I thank you for your hospitality, I too hope you'll enjoy your stay.

In regard to your following question, I cannot recall any of the attributes of the characters as depicted by you.
JoltFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #3451
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Welcome all new members!
Always nice to see some new faces around here.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #3452
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Welcome, one and all. Put the Barrow-Downs in your bookmarks toolbar. It is the second-best thing you can do with your life.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #3453
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Welcome, one and all. Put the Barrow-Downs in your bookmarks toolbar. It is the second-best thing you can do with your life.
What is the first?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #3454
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
What is the first?
Making it your homepage, of course.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #3455
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
What is the first?
I'm not allowed to say.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #3456
raseellwillish

Hello Everyone!!

Hello Everyone,
My name is Rasell, I am new to this forum. I am glad I found this site on Google and joined in without a further thought, as who would miss out an opportunity on being in t he Middle-Earth. Discussing about the Dragons, Mordor, Shire and other such interesting topics. I would be glad to share the information I have with the others and provide my contribution. I am sure that I will come to terms with a lot of things that I was not aware of earlier. Looking forward to have a good time posting here.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #3457
Huscarl
Newly Deceased

Huscarl has just left Hobbiton.
Hwćt!

Hwćt, folks!

I'm Hus, an amateur historian (Anglo-Saxon and Viking Britain are my 'specialities'), film buff and keen artist!

I loved the Rings trilogy, and although my Tolkien knowledge is slim, I look forward to chatting!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #3458
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome, Huscarl.

Enjoy your stay!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #3459
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome to the underworld, Huscarl, hope you like it!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #3460
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*echoes Zil and Pitch*

Enjoy being dead, Huscarl.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #3461
Dakęsîntrah
Animated Skeleton

Dakęsîntrah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Dakęsîntrah
White Tree

Greetings. I am not really new to the forum, but yes, I am a new contributor.
Dakęsîntrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #3462
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Welcome Huscarl and Dakęsîntrah. I hope you'll enjoy a long afterlife here.

After reading Lommie's comment about Zil and Pitch, I find now I can't rid myself thinking of them as the duo called Ziltch .
Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #3463
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Greetings too, Dakęsîntrah, and welcome to the Downs! Judging from your first post, you obviously have quite a lot to contribute. Enjoy being dead!

P.S.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
After reading Lommie's comment about Zil and Pitch, I find now I can't rid myself thinking of them as the duo called Ziltch .
Thanks a lot! I'll have to suspect him more in the next Werewolf game, or there'll be no end of this...

Last edited by Pitchwife; 12-30-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: P.S. added
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #3464
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Welcome, new members, hope you enjoy the Downs!

Huscarl, your name reminds me of Age of Empires II, I remember the Gothic hero unit was called that.
There was a pretty sweet mission in there where you started off in Normandy as William the Conqueror and had to fight your way to Harold the Saxon's castle, defended by a bunch of huscarls.
Luckily you got help from Harald Hardraade and the unique Viking units, the berserks quickly got rid of the huscarls.

Good times...
Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #3465
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Welcome, new members, hope you enjoy the Downs!

Huscarl, your name reminds me of Age of Empires II, I remember the Gothic hero unit was called that.
There was a pretty sweet mission in there where you started off in Normandy as William the Conqueror and had to fight your way to Harold the Saxon's castle, defended by a bunch of huscarls.
Luckily you got help from Harald Hardraade and the unique Viking units, the berserks quickly got rid of the huscarls.

Good times...
AOE II pour la victoire!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #3466
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post

Good times...
I loved that game... not to mention that fact that they were some of the best warriors in Northern Europe at the time!

And welcome Huscarl and Dakęsîntrah!

Last edited by Eönwë; 12-31-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #3467
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So...uhh...yeah...I'm not so new....actually, it's been about two years since I was last on and have finally decided to make a come back (in fear of having my life taken away by those fellow Downer's surrounding me!!!). So yes, don't really need give a self-explanation seeing as most of you have now met me and if you want to know more, well, message me!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #3468
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

We've never had the opportunity to meet on the Downs so far, but I am happy to say hi now.
Always good to see long-time members return.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #3469
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Glirdan!!! Welcome back, don't know why I'm saying this here, because you are next to me and I could have just told you.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #3470
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
White-Hand Well...I'm back ;)

I've dropped out of this place a while ago and, to be honest, I thought I would never have the time or energy to return again. Well, seems this place has kind of the same effect as the Ring: Once it takes hold of you, it never lets go. Anyway, I am back and intend on staying and being as active as my last year in unniversity allows me. It's good to be here again.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #3471
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
PS. Thanks a lot! I'll have to suspect him more in the next Werewolf game, or there'll be no end of this...
Tee hee! Always glad to help improve a werewolf game even if I don't play.

I have a question for our new member Dakęsîntrah. Whence comes your nick? It looks a bit similar to the orcish tongue, but no words exactly fit, nor with the dwarven tongue either. There is a black metal band called Darkestrah as well, but . . . perhaps we should just let you provide an explanation?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #3472
Dakęsîntrah
Animated Skeleton

Dakęsîntrah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Dakęsîntrah
Quote:
Whence comes your nick? It looks a bit similar to the orcish tongue, but no words exactly fit, nor with the dwarven tongue either.
It's just a random name I pulled out of the Barrow Downs Name Generator.

Supposedly it is Adűnaic.
Dakęsîntrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #3473
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hi Glirdan and Dimturiel, pleased to meet you!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #3474
Airaloske
Animated Skeleton

Airaloske has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Aaye

hello all, my name is Tracey Walker, formerly of Southern California, now a resident of Bluefield, West VA. Yay.

Tolkien is one of the biggest parts of my life. His work got me through some of my darkest hours waaaay back in the day. He made me believe that there is more to life than the obvious. He helped me realize that there is some good left in the world. If he was alive today I'd find a way to meet him and to learn everything I could from him.

I have been married for 1 1/3 years to my dedicated and devoted husband David, whom I sometimes refer to as Tas (Tasselhoff, NOT the stupid frigging Looney Toons character. ugh). I met him on a Tolkien fan site chat room, believe it or not. This past October we welcomed our son Roby (ROW-bee, like Toby with an R) and he eats like a little hobbit himself.

Though I am currently not working, I am a certified medical assistant and I enjoy my profession immensely. There is nothing quite like getting to know patients and getting to really relate to them on a personal level. I'd like to go back to school and do the RN program, but I don't know if I would really have the spine for it. After seeing how the nurses had to move and think on their feet during my 50-hour childbirth extravaganza I have been having second thoughts about that particular career path. It'll all work out in time.

I've never been a regular forum poster; my main form of internet communication is chat, particularly a Tolkien chat on a site that shall remain nameless because I'm not here to advertise. If you really want to know where it is I'd be happy to give you the URL, PM me.

I am on Facebook under Tracey J. Walker, or you can look me up via my e-mail. I enjoy meeting new people, whether in real life or not, and honestly have nothing better to do than to sit and talk, once the housework is done and the baby is put to bed.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-09-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: E-mail link removed by moderator
Airaloske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #3475
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
That's quite an intro, Airaloske. Welcome to the Downs!
For Tolkien talk, I know of no better place than this. Make yourself at home, and jump right into whatever strikes your interest.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #3476
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaloske View Post
hello all, my name is Tracey Walker, formerly of Southern California, now a resident of Bluefield, West VA. Yay.

Tolkien is one of the biggest parts of my life. His work got me through some of my darkest hours waaaay back in the day. He made me believe that there is more to life than the obvious. He helped me realize that there is some good left in the world. If he was alive today I'd find a way to meet him and to learn everything I could from him.

I have been married for 1 1/3 years to my dedicated and devoted husband David, whom I sometimes refer to as Tas (Tasselhoff, NOT the stupid frigging Looney Toons character. ugh). I met him on a Tolkien fan site chat room, believe it or not. This past October we welcomed our son Roby (ROW-bee, like Toby with an R) and he eats like a little hobbit himself.

Though I am currently not working, I am a certified medical assistant and I enjoy my profession immensely. There is nothing quite like getting to know patients and getting to really relate to them on a personal level. I'd like to go back to school and do the RN program, but I don't know if I would really have the spine for it. After seeing how the nurses had to move and think on their feet during my 50-hour childbirth extravaganza I have been having second thoughts about that particular career path. It'll all work out in time.

I've never been a regular forum poster; my main form of internet communication is chat, particularly a Tolkien chat on a site that shall remain nameless because I'm not here to advertise. If you really want to know where it is I'd be happy to give you the URL, PM me.

I am on Facebook under Tracey J. Walker, or you can look me up via my e-mail. I enjoy meeting new people, whether in real life or not, and honestly have nothing better to do than to sit and talk, once the housework is done and the baby is put to bed.
I know your dad.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-09-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: E-mail link removed by moderator
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #3477
Airaloske
Animated Skeleton

Tolkien

Quote:
I know your dad.
really? Hah, well a lot of people know my dad
Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #3478
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
really? Hah, well a lot of people know my dad
Doesn't surprise me. He's a friendly guy.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #3479
Airaloske
Animated Skeleton

Tolkien

Quote:
Doesn't surprise me. He's a friendly guy.
he is. tell him hi for me sometime
Old 01-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #3480
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
he is. tell him hi for me sometime
You bet. We're putting together an Irish band, so we usually hang out about once a week. He'll get a kick out of this.

Just yesterday he was mentioning he had a daughter who's a big Tolkien fan and is currently living in West Virginia, so it was a bit eerie to come on here today and see you posting.