Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #2521
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I understand your frustration. It's something many playing a female character in most RPGs here feels I think. Wynflaed can blame her husband, who is too flustered to do much thinking at this point it seems. XD

Obviously I'm not an authority but -- I'm thinking it would make fine sense for Wynflaed to come out into the courtyard for whatever reason (whether she heard Athanar shouting/some commotion or not)...and it seems that by now that's all it would take to find out exactly what's going on. As far as I understand, that is where Athanar is with Scyrr and Aedhel. And with my post Coen and Thornden will be there...so she will be right in the middle of at least half of the...escapade.

I'm not sure what all will be involved in preparing the search parties. I'm not sure if these are long-term search parties or, 'let's see if we can nab him if he's still in the area' parties if you know what I mean...

And Saeryn knows, as she heard it from Kara. And promptly fainted, the poor woman. So no worries, she hasn't moved in on anything yet....
Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #2522
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, it looks like a meeting point there now But I guess it will be easier to organise that way. Anybody can basically start to talk to Hilderinc, even Athanar, if the captains don't appear soon...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #2523
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*peeks in* I'll try to get a post up soon, although I guess my characters aren't instantly required right now.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #2524
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I'm not sure what all will be involved in preparing the search parties. I'm not sure if these are long-term search parties or, 'let's see if we can nab him if he's still in the area' parties if you know what I mean...
I'd say the latter. Surely they just want to see if Erbrand is still around to catch him or at least to protect the people against any further violence. So at least lord Athanar's idea is first of all to check the perimeters of the Mead Hall.

Now Thornden was reassuring Coen that E wouldn't act unprovoked but the newcomers will have little faith in that looking at what happened...
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #2525
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooookay!!!!!! I'm super excited!!!!!

Durelin, I edited my post with the line you sent me, let me know if I put the right feeling in there for Coen while he spoke it.

I also added some more to the end of the post and Thornden and I just remembered something very important. Too bad we didn't remember it sooner, because now Thornden is probably in huge trouble. It has finally occurred to Thornden that Lithor was deserting when he saw Lithor earlier that day.

Have fun with it, folks!

-- Foley

P.S. Legate, thanks for reminding me about Quin in your last post.

P.P.S. Saeryn is in the kitchen and I don't know if she completely fainting. She probably just felt weak or something, so they're having her sit down and drink water or something.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #2526
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
"Press those wounds on his chest and lower side, firmly but gently"
Nogrod, just a minor inaccuracy, but Scyrr is suffering from internal injuries. Erbrand did not have a weapon, after all. Besides, pressing on a ruptured spleen? Ouch. I suppose the crushed larynx of the throat might bleed out, thus requiring some sort of plaster/linen to support it, like the one Lord Athenar and Aedhel is making, but otherwise Scyrr has no open wounds. Badly beat up and bruised, yes, but not cut up.

Otherwise, thanks for bringing in Aedhel at last. Finally Scyrr can come back into the fray!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #2527
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groiin the thread
A knife flashed in the sunlight, it was Scyld’s. Erbrand struck relentlessly and hard. Soon he found his fingers around Scyld’s neck, pressing harder and tighter.

“I am not some dog you can kick. I am a man! I am a man!”

Soft small hands grasped his and beat his strong shoulders. Erbrand let go of Scyld’s throat. Ginna and Frodides knelt beside the Scyld. He was not moving.

“Fool!” Frodides said. “You will hang for this. You will hang!”
Heh, I think I have read this passage like three or four times but only now I see that the knife is Scyrr's... The next sentence after the mentioning of the blade is saying that Erbrand "struck relentlessly and hard" - and then Scyrr was not moving any more - and it was said he would hang for this... I somehow thought it all the time that the knife was Erbrand's, even if the text clerly states it the other way around.

Blah. My bad.

Okay. You guys continue from here (I need to go to sleep like now and have no time to get online in 24 hours) and we''ll think about what to do with the discrepancy in the day after tomorrow or during the weekend?

If Nerindel comes forwards let her decide whether Aedhel is trying to help someone who has been near suffication or one with an open wound on the throat?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #2528
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Let me know if there are problems with my post, and if anyone (esp Foley) would like me to edit in anything from their character. I know I pushed things forward.

Annnd Athanar is now being attacked by three men at once! Heh.

I left my post as agreeing with Nogrod's that Scyrr has external bleeding (I mentioned Athanar having blood on his hands and sleeves), and so will edit if need be when that's sorted out.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #2529
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I left my post as agreeing with Nogrod's that Scyrr has external bleeding (I mentioned Athanar having blood on his hands and sleeves), and so will edit if need be when that's sorted out.
The easiest way to not make this a too big an issue would be just to decide that there is a bleeding wound on Scyrr's throat resulting from the fight as there was Scyrr's blade in the midst of it anyway. So it could have easily cut him whether Erbrand intentionally tried to cut Scyrr with his own blade or whether it was an accident while they struggled on the ground (there might be different beliefs on that and it's possible even Scyrr wouldn't know it for certain as it happened in the midst of a fight... what a source of possible different interpretations! )

That way I'd need only to edit out the short passage where Athanar tells his son to take care of the "other wounds"... and those orders could be easily changed into "don't just stand there, get some help!" or something... and no one else I think would need to change anything?

So the simplest scenario but also a bed for some further disagreements (which we don't have to use but which we can if we wish)? Would that be okay?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #2530
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought he would just be coughing up blood. If he has external wounds, better it be on other parts of his body - the throat seems so fragile, so vulnerable, that a knife in that region would surely mean death. My two cents.

Dury, I'm fine with what you posted. Only, I did add Thornden mentioning Lithor's name. Nothing explicit, but would Coen not notice?

Have to get back to class.

-- Foley
Old 04-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #2531
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Lord Athanar has given his orders for the search parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I thought he would just be coughing up blood. If he has external wounds, better it be on other parts of his body - the throat seems so fragile, so vulnerable, that a knife in that region would surely mean death. My two cents.
If you get your main artery cut from your throat you'd surely be a goner in minutes - and looking at the things right here Scyrr would be no more. But if the cut is on the vein you would survive if attended to in time (I should know: my High-School dentist cut my vein while removing my wisdom tooth and I survived for a few days before it got so bad we went to ask what was the problem with me bleeding all the time and going quite pale indeed... ) And the windpipe would be quite vulnerable too... But someone with a cut in the throat could as well survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin's Coen on the thread
One party will remain here and search the village and see to its safety.
Would you change the word "village" into the word "Mead Hall"?

One thing I especially like with this setting is that it seems no one yet knows Lithor has vanished as well... anyone willing to come up with the realisation of that fact should do it. It will be interesting to see how different people react to that.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #2532
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The easiest way to not make this a too big an issue would be just to decide that there is a bleeding wound on Scyrr's throat.
Yes, that's fine with me.

However, then it would no longer be assault and battery case, would it? If Erbrand cut Scyrr's throat, notwithstanding whatever mischance might have guided his hand, it would be attempted murder that he'd be charged with. Ah, well, so much better for Scyrr then.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #2533
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
One thing I especially like with this setting is that it seems no one yet knows Lithor has vanished as well... anyone willing to come up with the realisation of that fact should do it. It will be interesting to see how different people react to that.
Well, that's the thing. Thornden has just figured it out. He put two and two together in the stables there when he suggested that Lithor be one of the leaders of the search parites. Here, let me copy and paste what I edited in my post:

Quote:
“Captain,” Thornden said without slowing his pace. “If Athanar does expect us to go out with the search parties, after he has spoken to us, I would rather I was one to lead one of the search parties out. It is absolutely unnecessary to keep a group behind to protect the others, Erbrand is not dangerous unprovoked, and he will not make any further attacks, I can vouch for that. As you say, it is improbable that he stayed and tried to hide, but if he did, Hilderinc will be capable of searching the place. Also…” and here he paused. “If we do overcome him, I feel I should be there. And if we are not to go with the search parties, send Balvir, or Matrim, or Lithor...Lithor!" Thornden stopped in his tracks and things became suddenly clearer to him. He had seen Lithor during the drills, not coming down to join them, but riding...somewhere. He had not thought much of it at the time, uncertain if what had happened that morning had given Lithor different duties than joining the drill, but now he knew that had not been the case. Thornden had just seen the second rider beyond Lithor, and though he had not seen his face, he now guessed his identity.
So....Thornden knows. I don't know what to do. Groin wrote that Lithor and Thornden made eye contact, so Thornden is very aware of Lithor riding off, but until now, he's said nothing to anybody. I'm fairly shaking in my boots for Thornden's sake, but I don't know what to do. Should he tell Coen that he thinks he knows that direction they went because he watched them as they rode off? Should he hold his peace? He already has a LOT of explaining to do, and his he holds his peace now, he'll have even more to do...but what would be more natural for a man to do? If he says something now, it's like sticking his head in a noose and maybe if he stays quiet he won't have to say anything at all. So should Thornden play the coward and say nothing and try to get away with it? My gut feelings tells me that that's not Thornden's way. But things have changed lately and maybe Thornden's a little wary of what's going on...

But, then, I like excitement for my characters. So I don't think I will have him hold his peace.

I'll post tomorrow sometime.

-- Foley

P.S. Ah, one more thing - Eorl, Scyrr is your character. No one has any right to tell you how badly wounded your character is, whether or not it is likely that he would survive such wounds as the rest of us are imagining. If you do not want him to be cut up, he doesn't have to be cut up. If you don't mind, then it's fine the way it is, but you have every right and every rule in the book to back you up if you decide that you want any of our posts changed in order to make Scyrr's condition more to your imagining.

But if you're worried about Erbrand....stop worrying. No matter if Scyrr has been cut with a knife or not, Erbrand is already practically charged with murder, so a scratch that hasn't killed him won't make anything better or worse. We need not worry about it, though - they won't be brought to bay, that much is already written out, unbeknownst to all of our characters running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #2534
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yes I need to edit my post because I was bad and didn't re-read Foleys post before posting, and so did not acknowledge what Thornden said about Lithor. Which definitely would be acknowledged, lol. Thank you Foley for pointing that out, and thanks so much for being so nice about the edit.

Y'all are going crazy on the thread, too...not sure I'm going to be able to keep up!

Edit: Perhaps Coen and Thornden should inform Athanar that Lithor may be involved as well? That would take an edit on Nogrod's part which I don't want to ask him to do. Sorry, there was kinda a flurry of posting there lol. Either way, I don't care.

Last edited by Durelin; 04-22-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #2535
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Edit: Perhaps Coen and Thornden should inform Athanar that Lithor may be involved as well? That would take an edit on Nogrod's part which I don't want to ask him to do. Sorry, there was kinda a flurry of posting there lol. Either way, I don't care.
Well, obviously Nogrod will have to put in his two cents here, seeing as it is he who will have to edit, but I can see it going either way: 1) Coen can say nothing about Lithor because he's not sure of anything himself AND Athanar is obviously in a rush to get parties out, so Coen can always fine tune things as the parties are being put together and sent out or 2) Coen can say Lithor is probably involved and Thornden probably knows which way they went because he saw them riding off together. But since this involves Coen and then Athanar/Nogrod, I won't say if I think one way is better than the other.

I looked and saw that you edited your post some, but not enough to make anything change.....

I'm looking forward to see what you all decide about telling Athanar or not...

I need to get to class.

-- Foley
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #2536
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If we think of the relative ease we could pass this situation about talking of Lithor, then one of you two, Foley or Dury, could pick on the ending of my last post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me in the actual thread
The two were standing in front of him and exchanging careful glances as they were not quite sure whether they had been given a leave or not.

"Go! Go now!"
So one of you might raise the point exactly there? Athanar has actually given your characters little chances to make any points as he has been basically bossing them the short while they have been in his company so thta place could be as good as any for one - or both - to come forwards with things about Lithor?

And I could edit out the last "Go now"- part from there easily if you thought it better one of your characters would raise his voice before Athanar feels he needs to break the silence to send them off.

But I think the most important consideration is that which Foley went through here a few posts up; what would your character do? Would he open his mouth, would he wait for a better opportunity knowing the risk that entails, would he not say anything?

If you think one of your characters would have actually acted totally differently from what has been written thus far, then let me know and I'll change what is needed. But if the current setting / suggestion would be okay, that would be the easiest way forwards.

But your call.

PS. Eorl: Foley is right. In the last instance you are the one to decide on the injuries, especially now when Groin is not here anymore. We others can offer you different POV's but in the end you decide.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #2537
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I don't want to be a pain or make this more complicated than it needs to be. I think Coen would say something -- he does NOT like Lithor and would want to give Athanar all the info he could, and isn't daunted by Athanar's anger.

I can post that he says something about it in my next post, and they can discuss it briefly. Or if you'd rather, you can edit in that Coen says that 'There is one other thing, my lord -- Lithor may have been involved.' or something along those lines, and have Athanar respond as you will. (I only suggest the latter in case you want to keep things moving in that way, not cause I want to put the effort onto you or anything!)

Completely up to you. I am also fine with not bothering -- maybe in the mess of things Coen simply forgot. Anything's possible at this point I think.

And I am sorry -- I've kinda botched this up. Anyway, whatever your answer, I will act then and stop asking questions and suggesting various possibilities...
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #2538
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You're not botching anything up, Dury, so don't think it. Have Coen say whatever you want him to say, even if it means asking Nogrod edit his post. That's what role-playing here is all about.

But does Coen know anything definite? All he knows is that Thornden mentioned Lithor's name and then suddenly stopped talking. So he's suspicious, but does he know anything? What will he say to Athanar? "I think Thornden knows something and isn't telling anybody."? That's funny, actually. Makes me chuckle. Funny, but unlikely. So, really, Coen needs to either find out more, or Thornden will have to speak up. (I've decided that Thornden will say something. He's not one to hide anything, even if he thinks it might get him into trouble.)

In fact, chances are Thornden WILL say something right now, even if Coen doesn't. So, let me know if you want to post something, Durelin, and if you don't, then I will. Not tonight, obviously, but tomorrow sometime.

-- Foley
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #2539
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Well, he noticed that Lithor was absent, so he is making assumptions based on his...not liking Lithor.

But in that case (that Thornden would probably speak up), perhaps it would be best for Coen to kinda give Thornden a look to encourage him to speak up (whether or not that's necessary), and Thornden can say what he knows.

That could be what the look is between them that is interpreted by Athanar as them not knowing if they were dismissed...

We might have to ask Legate to edit or place your/my post ahead of his, though, since he has written that Coen and Thornden are heading towards Hilderinc and Aflorgaed. :\ Not that it's a huge deal.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #2540
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Legate, can you make Hilderinc and Áforglaed interact with Scyrr as well as Thornen and Coen? o(^^)o Otherwise, Scyrr will probably be out cold until nightfall. I already have a nightfall post written, but from the way this roleplay is going, it's going to be days (real-time based) till nightfall. As for Scyrr's injuries, let's leave it at this: Most of the injuries are internal, but Erbrand also laid open Scyrr's throat in the heat of the scuffle. This way no one has to edit their post overmuch. Looking forward to everyone's posts!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #2541
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
We might have to ask Legate to edit or place your/my post ahead of his, though, since he has written that Coen and Thornden are heading towards Hilderinc and Aflorgaed. :\ Not that it's a huge deal.
Nay, I can do whatever, I can edit the post according to what you do or move it later. Just first make the definitive solution and after you are certain that you have the posts the way you want them, then I am going to edit it accordingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan View Post
Legate, can you make Hilderinc and Áforglaed interact with Scyrr as well as Thornen and Coen? o(^^)o Otherwise, Scyrr will probably be out cold until nightfall. I already have a nightfall post written, but from the way this roleplay is going, it's going to be days (real-time based) till nightfall. As for Scyrr's injuries, let's leave it at this: Most of the injuries are internal, but Erbrand also laid open Scyrr's throat in the heat of the scuffle. This way no one has to edit their post overmuch. Looking forward to everyone's posts!
Sure I am going to, but I was not planning to do that now, as Scyrr seems to be mostly between fainting and being resuscitated. It certainly does not make sense in the middle of Athanar's outburst to have some random soldiers coming along and starting chatting "hi Scyrr, how are you" when meanwhile the officers are arguing about the pursuit. I think there will be time either after the pursuit (for Hilderinc) or, if Áforglaed is not coming along, I could easily write for him and make him keep company to Scyrr.

But anyway, just relax. It really is not a standard to have ten posts per day... It's certainly bad in this sense to have a character who is currently incapable of taking any action, but maybe you could fill your time with writing about some of Scyrr's half-hallucinatory perception of the events around him, describing some of his inner thoughts (which might be a bit hazy), or something?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #2542
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think it would be alright if this were added to the end of Nogrod's post. Since Thornden is just saying what he knows right now, there's not really enough for me to post an entire post. But I'm changing the little bit before Athanar's final command:

Quote:
The two officers hesitated. Coenred looked sidelong at Thornden and Thornden glanced towards the ground. Athanar looked from one to the other, not understanding why they waited.

“Go! Go now!”

But Thornden still hesitated. Coenred, too, did not move when he saw that his lieutenant halted. Thornden looked Athanar directly in the eye as he said,

“My lord, I do not think multiple search parties are necessary, because I know which direction he went. And Lithor went with him. I should have spoken earlier, when I saw Lithor riding out, but I had no idea what had transpired here.”
Now, is anyone else curious to know what it'd be like if Thornden DIDN'T say anything now and only spoke up later when Lithor was found to be definitely missing? Or is just me?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #2543
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I have made a momentous decision. (Momentous for my character, anyhow.) Thornden will not say anything about seeing Lithor. Not now, at any rate. So, Nogrod, do not edit that ending into your post.

Durelin, if you wish to have Coenred say something, by all means do so. Maybe Thornden will speak if Coen does, but if nothing changes, Thornden won't speak.

I hope to utilize either Quin or Saeryn soon. Don't know when...

looking for some fun action from other players, too.

-- Foley
Old 04-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #2544
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I feel like I'm spamming this thread...

I posted for Thornden, but my post really doesn't take up any game time at all. In fact, it is kind of the time when in Nogrod's post it says the two soldiers looked at each other. It can either remain where it is, or Legate could edit it into the beginning of his post. If he does, I will delete it after he's copied and pasted it.

I wrote it just to give you an idea of what he might be thinking (why I figured he might not say anything). Coenred might have suspicions, Durelin, and go ahead and have him say whatever he might say as Captain. No one can know what Thornden is thinking about, but Coenred might know he knows something.

I haven't decided if Thornden will eventually tell someone that he did know which way they went. That can wait until later. Maybe another player will figure out how to get their character to draw it out of him.

It's been really quiet today...besides my incessant posting.

-- Foley

EDIT: I had another thought, but really didn't want to post again.

Anyone with female characters who would like to work with them but don't know how (Modtryth or Wynflaed...or someone to post for Frodides or Kara), I am willing to start writing about the women in the kitchen, so I'll be willing to play in that sector of the game. I just don't really feel like doing it by myself, which is why I opted to post for Thornden instead of Saeryn today.

Last edited by Folwren; 04-23-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #2545
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, has Thornen descended to deliberate misleading now? How the mighty have fallen!

I could try posting for Kara, though I would have to re-read the past Kara posts (but with my midterms over, that's a piece of cake). Still interested, Foley?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #2546
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
EDIT: I had another thought, but really didn't want to post again.

Anyone with female characters who would like to work with them but don't know how (Modtryth or Wynflaed...or someone to post for Frodides or Kara), I am willing to start writing about the women in the kitchen, so I'll be willing to play in that sector of the game. I just don't really feel like doing it by myself, which is why I opted to post for Thornden instead of Saeryn today.
I could have Lilige go visit the kitchen. I probably won't be able to post until later tonight, though.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #2547
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am ready. I've been waiting for, like, a day for someone to post. I thought I'd killed the thread. Loslote, I would love to have your maid join us, too.

Eorl....don't say he has 'descended'...say rather, he has decided. It's not a bad thing to be loyal to one's friends.

-- Foley
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #2548
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Eorl....don't say he has 'descended'...say rather, he has decided. It's not a bad thing to be loyal to one's friends. - Foley
Sorry, my joke was in bad taste. In truth, Thornen is my favorite character in this entire RPG
That was actually the reason I said I'd like Thornen to stumble on the scene when Scyrr & Kara conflict happened, so I could try interacting with him
Old 04-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #2549
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Sorry, my joke was in bad taste. In truth, Thornen is my favorite character in this entire RPG
That was actually the reason I said I'd like Thornen to stumble on the scene when Scyrr & Kara conflict happened, so I could try interacting with him
Wow...I'm flattered. Are you just buttering me up?

Your joke actually did amuse me. I was teasing back, in all honesty.

We should make certain that scene happens with Kara and Scyrr, then....it might take a while, but it should be good.

Lottie, glad to have seen you post. I will post later this evening. I really wish I had time to say something now, but I really don't. Thanks so much for doing something with the women! I'm excited again about using Saeryn and having a conversation with your character.
Eorl, if you're planning on writing some for the girls, too, don't wait for me to post. Just jump right in.

Last edited by Folwren; 04-25-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #2550
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
We should make certain that scene happens with Kara and Scyrr, then....it might take a while, but it should be good.
Though Scyrr has every right to be scared of Thornen if this scene does occur, if the young steward has the force of personality that I think he has.

I have laid the groundworks for the scene in today's post. Kara has pretty much admitted her romantic involvement with Erbrand and that that she knows where Erbrand was headed for in Lilige's hearing, so it isn't too inconceivable that Scyrr would eventually hear of this from Lilige. That is, if she either liked him or sympathized with him enough to tell him what he learned. If Scyrr wasn't friendly with her, (This may depend on whether Lilige was pretty; he wouldn't be a jerk to someone he likes or perhaps even has a crush on! Tho' I do not know whether this is a line that you'd be willing to pursue, Loslote), then he would have to find out from some other source.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #2551
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Looks like I somehow got the role to look like the one who always appears and compains, but honestly, that's not my intention at all... I want to be helpful and constructive...

But Eorl, I think in your post for Kara, you should probably not make her to be so... hmm... sentimental. Okay, I am probably one of those who know about Kara the least around here, having never been around when she was still an active character, but that much I know for certain that she was not that desperately in love or anything like that, and apparently not so prone to such a psychic downbreak either. That said, of course she would be shaken from the rather dramatic events - as much as anybody would - and for losing a friend under such circumstances, but not sure if some of her inner thoughts would be in the way you portrayed it.

But anyway, I suggest for now just leaving it open, but waiting for somebody who has been playing with Kath before and eventually they might tell you more as to how to e.g. edit your post for Kara or something to make it fit her character better. But if the general point is of her to spill out the information, there will surely be a way to do it in a way fitting for her character. But others will surely be better judges in that, so just wait when somebody who knows Kara better tells you...

(I am saying this mainly so that if somebody wanted to continue from this post... so that we might sort of keep the question of the exact words of Kara and the continuity open.)
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #2552
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Looks like I somehow got the role to look like the one who always appears and complains, but honestly, that's not my intention at all. I want to be helpful and constructive.
Well, you *are* "The Voice That Gainsayeth". I bow to your wisdom, Legate of Amon Lanc.
I apologize if I portrayed Kara in an unsuitable way; I am plagued by an unsatiable love for melodrama that I just can't seem to wean myself of.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #2553
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It is true that Kath did not write very dramatically for Kara. She (Kara) is a pretty sensible, down to earth girl, who gets along quite easily with everybody. I read your post and liked it a lot, really. I thought her thought processes were fine. At the end, though, she probably would collapse. She can burst into tears. I kind of see her standing next to Saeryn, holding onto one hand as she says what you have her say about Erbrand telling her where to find her.

I really like the idea of Lilige telling Scyrr that Kara loved Erbrand. In fact, she doesn't even have to tell Scyrr that Kara is Erbrand's love, she can just let out the fact that Kara says she knows where Erbrand went, and that will probably get Scyrr to come after her anyway.

I'm going to try to post something for Saeryn tonight.

How are all the men doing in the courtyard, Durelin and Nogrod?

-- Foley
Old 04-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #2554
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I posted, and although Saeryn did not answer Kara verbally, she did respond to what she said. And she's sent Lilige off to get Wynflaed, which will give both Lottie and Mnemosyne something to post.

-- Foley
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #2555
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I have laid the groundworks for the scene in today's post. Kara has pretty much admitted her romantic involvement with Erbrand and that that she knows where Erbrand was headed for in Lilige's hearing, so it isn't too inconceivable that Scyrr would eventually hear of this from Lilige. That is, if she either liked him or sympathized with him enough to tell him what he learned. If Scyrr wasn't friendly with her, (This may depend on whether Lilige was pretty; he wouldn't be a jerk to someone he likes or perhaps even has a crush on! Tho' I do not know whether this is a line that you'd be willing to pursue, Loslote), then he would have to find out from some other source.
I'm fine with that. Lilige would tell him; she sympathizes with Athanar's men and would never expect him to put the knowledge to any use at all, much less violent use...she just wouldn't think of it.

As for the other part, Lilige's an average Rohirrim woman. Scyrr can like her if you want him to; Lilige probably wouldn't notice, and if she did, would decide to ignore anything she did notice, assuming she was just imagining it...so do whatever you like with that.

Quote:
I really like the idea of Lilige telling Scyrr that Kara loved Erbrand. In fact, she doesn't even have to tell Scyrr that Kara is Erbrand's love, she can just let out the fact that Kara says she knows where Erbrand went, and that will probably get Scyrr to come after her anyway.
It does make the most sense. The local people would be hesitant to tell him, but Lilige wouldn't.

EDIT: Hey, Mnemo, where would Wynflaed be?

Last edited by Loslote; 04-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #2556
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
As for Eorl's post for Kara, it should be edited at least a bit - for Kath definitely stated Kara did not want to marry Erbrand, and we should keep loyal to that. So if you edit it so that she's just very upset by all that's happened but remove all the thoughts of marriage and kids, because whatever Groin wrote, Kath didn't write Kara as if she was truly in love with Erbrand, more that she liked him and didn't have any strong feelings (yet).

Anyway, nice job people! I will write as soon as I manage... But I'm really busy atm.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #2557
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
As for Eorl's post for Kara, it should be edited at least a bit - for Kath definitely stated Kara did not want to marry Erbrand, and we should keep loyal to that. So if you edit it so that she's just very upset by all that's happened but remove all the thoughts of marriage and kids, because whatever Groin wrote, Kath didn't write Kara as if she was truly in love with Erbrand, more that she liked him and didn't have any strong feelings (yet).
Okay. I'd obviously forgotten that.

-- Foley
Old 04-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #2558
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, I see. Thank you, Lommy. I based my post mostly off Groin's and thought that they were in love with each other.
I have to run to school right now but will edit (and tone down Kara's emotions) as soon as I come back!

EDIT. I toned down Kara's emotions and took out the incriminating ruminations about marriage as requested.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 04-27-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #2559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod? Durelin? Are either you around? Is anybody around? I wrote Mnemo, and she said she'd be posting as soon as life slowed down for her... I was getting all excited and then things fell quiet. I'm sad now.

-- Foley
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #2560
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod? Durelin? Are either you around?
I'm around and more or less alive. I will write something tomorrow (it's now 3.30 AM).

Quote:
I was getting all excited and then things fell quiet. I'm sad now.
Don't be sad Foley! People just have different timetables...

I'll promise to catch up with lord Athanar tomorrow.