Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #401
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm back

I have my post up, and the defenders are on their way!

Excellent post Mormegil, I was truly wondering if Kuric would die or kill all the Wargs! I just have one question: is Kuric truly dead or just close to being dead?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #402
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I have my post up, and the defenders are on their way!

Excellent post Mormegil, I was truly wondering if Kuric would die or kill all the Wargs! I just have one question: is Kuric truly dead or just close to being dead?

That depends upon how quickly the defenders arrive. There are three wargs two who are on top of Kuric and the other in the distance. When our defenders come upon them the 2 are likely to leave the injured Kuric alone but have they had time to deliver a killing blow yet? It's doubtful being that they, the wargs, have heard Gorin presumably too. Kuric has a head injury that knocked him unconcious but the true problem is his leg is spurting blood at an alarming rate and he will soon bleed to death.

I may, near the end of the battle have him try to stand or stand and then shortly fail due to weakness and loss of blood, a pitiful sight to see, a once proud and stout dwarf iin such a condition would be truly saddening.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #403
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think I just might post next. I have an idea. Hope nobody minds bringing action along... and if my idea(s) is/are unrealistic, don't be shy to complain...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #404
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I think I just might post next. I have an idea. Hope nobody minds bringing action along... and if my idea(s) is/are unrealistic, don't be shy to complain...
Looking forward to seeing them!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #405
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh and of course anyone who's able to post and wants should do it and take us into battle. My idea mostly concerns just Lea and Orin...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #406
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Pio - the character list still says that Durelin is no longer playing. That should be fixed.

-----------------

DONE ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-17-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #407
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

We're fighting now!

I hope that what I wrote is okay with everyone. If you have any complaints, I can edit.

Feel free to have your warg hit by Lea's arrow and feel free to save Ash. He's in a desperate need of a saviour or else he's going to die.

*is excited*
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #408
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I like it Lommy. I am excited to see how everybody else writes their entrance to the battle. Lommy, remember that Kuric is exceptionally stout and the width of his leg is large. Also the blood is coming near the groin region so stoppipng it will prove difficult but a noble effort is appreciated .
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #409
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If I were allowed to give you a rep. Thinlomien I would! I was biting my nail through the entire post, it was a very exciting bit of story telling! I'll give you a rep. when I'm able.

I'll get my post in as soon as possible, and have Gorin help Ash.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #410
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
If I were allowed to give you a rep. Thinlomien I would! I was biting my nail through the entire post, it was a very exciting bit of story telling! I'll give you a rep. when I'm able.
Haha, thank you, besides that makes me little less sad that I couldn't rep your post. It was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Lommy, remember that Kuric is exceptionally stout and the width of his leg is large. Also the blood is coming near the groin region so stoppipng it will prove difficult but a noble effort is appreciated
Yes, thanks for reminding me because I'm not sure if I recalled that or not. Anyway, Orin will try, if it's hopeless, he will move to tending Toby...

Waiting for more battle scene... *evil grin*
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #411
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I'm wondering if it's still feasible for Kuric to stand up one last time. I'm really now sure what would happen, but with Ash and Orin (I think those are the two) coming to him he may wake up long enough to make one last attempt. Though my guess if he did it would be more of an attempt to draw the attention of any remaining warg giving the other defenders a second of reprieve and regrouping.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #412
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So I did a bit from the wargs perspective, trying to follow what was going on in others' posts. There are just the two wargs left. One, who was fighting Erling and Sam, is now charging Lea (Edit: Changed it, he's charging at Sam, so Sam and Erling still have to deal with him. ) The other - the very large, leader warg - has torn up Ash and is now fighting Gorin.

If any of what I described or set in motion is a problem/inconsistent, please don't hesitate to say so.

Not sure what I want to happen to Parkun. Thought about the possibility of Durkoth fleeing with enough life left in him to go kill Kun, but that's rather...predictable and stuff.

Edit: Hehe, crossed with ya morm. Well I had one of the wargs charing Lea, who is the one with Orin trying to take care of Kuric I believe, so perhaps his last stand could be to try and defend them?

Last edited by Durelin; 07-21-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #413
mormegil
Maundering Mage

After reading Durelin's post I want Kuric to chase down Kun and kill Kun himself, the betraying little weasle . Of course, it won't happen.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #414
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Haha, that would be interesting! Hmm, really someone should find out. I could see Durkoth trying to mess with their heads by telling them that one of their own was trying to betray them.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #415
mormegil
Maundering Mage

One of the calmer defenders would really take inventory of who was there and they will of course wonder where Parkun went. Kuric doesn't fully understand that it was the other two wargs that ambushed him. He only knows of the 3 and won't be lucid enough to make sense of the ambush. He could make some mention of the fact that he helped take two of the three. I'm not sure how all the rest will play out.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #416
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I edited my post. I couldn't help it...I couldn't resist a little bad guy speech... XD

My other edit was to have the one warg, Morfin, just charge at Sam instead of Lea, as it followed others' posting more.

Definitely feel free to have Kuric awake enough to tell Lea what went on before they got there, morm, and anything else. It's totally up to you what Kuric is still able to do.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #417
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey this is great but I'll be away til the 11th next month... Carry my characters if it's neded, I trust you can do that...
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #418
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fun! I love this, I'll get in Gorin's reaction sometime tomorrow I hope. Great job everyone!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #419
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Who should be posting next? I'm thinking about posting for Lommy's characters, but if we could get some type of response from the Warg that Gorin is fighting I'll just go ahead and post for Gorin.

Is Dunwen still playing? We haven't had much perspective on what is going on with Sam fighting. Also I'd very much like to see how Erling is fairing in his fight.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #420
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let's get some energy back into this thread!

I'll be gone from August 4th to August 12th, I'd like to see Gorin either die, kill, or chase away the lead warg before I go. I desperately want to post, so if you could post soon Durelin I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll just go ahead and post. You said that you favored going off and killing Parkun before you die, so I think I'll choose that scenario.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #421
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A quadruple post! Have I just made Downs history, or has this RPG really lost it's momentum? I'll see if I can finish up the fight with Gorin and the warg today, but I might not be able to, due to packing.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in nine, or so, days; have fun while I'm gone!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #422
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I waited for a bit to see if anyone had more battle-posting to do, and then I got busy for a few days...so sorry, now I have post a up.

Time for epilogue-ish posting! Both Lommy and Groin are away, so this won't be ending in the next couple days or anything, but we're wrapping up now. A year after I said we would be.

I love how I said this in the game plans:

Quote:
Unless there are major problems, we will be sticking to 3 months at the most for this game.
Ha. I'm so sorry. ><
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #423
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I was thinking of having Kuric in one last post. He is not fully dead yet. I would like him to pass something along to Gorin. It is, in Kuric's opinion, a very sacred charge.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #424
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

The one thing we all need to decide for certain at this point is whether or not Toby is dead, dying, or severely wounded but maybe could live. If you ever glance at this thread, Firefoot, please feel free to share what you would want!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #425
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
The one thing we all need to decide for certain at this point is whether or not Toby is dead, dying, or severely wounded but maybe could live. If you ever glance at this thread, Firefoot, please feel free to share what you would want!
I don't see any logical reason why the wargs would have left him alive. They only didn't eat him because they knew they were awaiting others to come along.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #426
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Hello guys, I'm finally back here. I've read what you've written and it looks really good. A pity I must "spread more reputation". Anyway, I think I could write something soon. I'm so excited about actually finishing an RPG!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #427
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very nice posts everyone! I'm glad that I had something to read when I returned.

Mormegil, that would be alright with me if you would do one last post perhaps you could have Gorin awaken for just a moment to see his friend for the last time, and he would do anything that Kuric asked of him. Besides that, Gorin is unconscience and is done until the morning.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #428
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Very nice posts everyone! I'm glad that I had something to read when I returned.

Mormegil, that would be alright with me if you would do one last post perhaps you could have Gorin awaken for just a moment to see his friend for the last time, and he would do anything that Kuric asked of him. Besides that, Gorin is unconscience and is done until the morning.
I had forgotten this fact. It's not that important. Kuric is dead and will remain such. Gorin should remember how to bury his kin! Also, I would think that Gorin would want to do something with his possesions especially his mithril coat, Kuric wishes that it be brought back to his people...but would Gorin think he should be buried with it?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #429
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

If both of you would like to do a biref scene between the two, Groin could save mention of Gorin's collapse into unconsciousness until after that with a simple edit, but I understand any hesitation to edit (it always seems to take more than you first expect, hehe).

As for Toby...I agree morm that realistically he'd probably be long dead. But we could still stretch it to make he barely alive. Of course, he hasn't gotten any attention in a while now, I think. I guess he's been assumed dead anyway. So, I'm just leaving it open.

While this is not quite finished (it's finished only when you guys say it is! well, pio and Child have a say, too...), I'd just like to say how amazing you guys are (and it's amazing how nice you've been to me even though I left and came back to this game several times). You're all such great writers and it's awesome what you've done with this game! I'm so glad I got to write with you all, and I hope to again very soon.

(If you do that evil RPG you mentioned, Lommy, I will be begging you to let me join. No, no one will let that comment slide. )
Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #430
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think that Gorin would do whatever Kuric asked of him. If it is his wish that he take his possessions back to his people then Gorin would do so, but he would want Kuric buried with all the honor that can be given.

Sounds like a plan Durelin, I'll just edit my post so that Gorin is just crying but not unconscious. Looks like you got one more post, mormegil.

Do you think that everyone should do one more post, with each writer giving a small history on what happens to their character afterwards, or should we start another morning?

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 08-13-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #431
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I left it intentionally open whether Kun is dead or almost dead. So if the defenders rush to see what's happening when Orin shouts, Kun can have a few dramatic last words, if Durelin wishes it to be so.

I just realised we only need a couple of posts to finish this RPG. So weird! But I'm very glad to see this finished like a proper RPG should be.

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
(If you do that evil RPG you mentioned, Lommy, I will be begging you to let me join. No, no one will let that comment slide. )
Well, Groin and I have been talking... maybe you'll see soon enough...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #432
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Ooh, cool! Yes, I will do one last something with Kun.

Basically we have morm and Groin still to wrap up, and then it's up to everyone how we want to finish this up. Everyone can feel free to do their own little epilogues, and if anyone would like to write a general epilogue for the very end feel free (I might if no one else would like to).

And yay! I hope I do see soon.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #433
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Poor Orin, I couldn't help but laugh at the way that you wrote that Thinlomien(and I mean that in a good way).

As soon as morm posts I'll put my last one up. I'm jumping up and down on my seat, this is so exciting!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #434
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for that excellent post, morm. I'll put my last post up today, it's kind of sad isn't it?

Durelin, are you going to do a post at the end that sums everything up?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #435
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sure, unless someone else would like to. I'd also like to give Lommy and Dimturiel the chance to do some last posting if they want to.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #436
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think I will write one last post for the three siblings. Should someone still exchange a few words with Parkun, or is he dead? If someone sees him before he he dies, it should be Erling. Besides, I think Erling should run after Orin, because Ash isn't running anywhere, and Lea'd rather send someone else to see that Orin is safe than leave her twin.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #437
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Parkun can stay alive for as long as needed. Yes, it does seem most likely for Erling to see what Orin is disturbed by if that's okay with Dimturiel, and it's also up to you, Dimturiel, if you want to write a post about that specifically or if we just kinda gloss over it.

I'll start working on some kind of epilogue...
Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #438
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Notice that I didn't specify who came up to listen to Kuric. It could really be anybody.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 AM   #439
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Ok, I've posted. Let me know if you want anything changed.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #440
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think your post is perfect, Dimtie. (Hey isn't that an odd nickname? You may suggest a better one...)

I'll write my last post today or tomorrow, or on Sunday at the latest. I'm both quite sad and excited about it.