Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2002, 10:50 AM   #161
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

As Aman walked across the hall,she jerked suddenly, startling Ala.
"Are you alright Aman?"she inquired, worried. Aman shook her head; she had felt something, something alien, reaching in. Before she knew it it was gone again, but the feeling remained. No, she was being silly.There was no reason to worry anyone. "No, Im sorry my friend to startle you..I just...never mind,its nothing."
Aman walked on towards Rosa and, greeting the hobbit, she took hold of the bottle in Rosas hand.
"I found it at Rivendell..in the kitchens..."
As soon as Aman had uncorked the bottle, she slammed the cork back in again, almost reeling because of the vile smell it gave out; rotting flesh and the stench of death. Elenna and Ala, standing near by also smelt it felt equally disgusted.
"Blood! Elven blood!How dare he!" Aman snarled under her breath. She gave the bottle back to Rosa, her face dark. "There is no way he will get away with this. Before it was just war-" Elenna flinched. She had never told her friend about her little sister."-but this is too far."
Elenna gave a small bitter laugh. "Not for all of us Aman. For me it goes far deeper already." Aman remembered Azruks memory from Thrakatburzs mind, of the broken, mutilated elf, and of Elenna almost dead. She held her friend's hand, speaking to her quietly. "Dont worry my friend, he will pay dearly for what he did to you...and to Lailath..."

The sound of hooves was heard outside, causing all four of them to look up. Running outside they saw the froth covered horse and its rider galloping closer. "Hogarth!"Aman cried out happily as her sharp eyes picked up who the unconcious rider was.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:18 AM   #162
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fea walked next to Celeb and Aduchil.

"I am scared. I do not know if my father is living or dead. I do not know if the Enemy has the Ring of Water. It terifies me." Fea drops her head onto Aduchil's shoulder.

"It is Ok cousin." Celeb comfortingly said.

"No. No it is not. I am a warrior. Warriors do not have fears." Fea started to cry.

"Even the strongest warrior is afraid of something." Aduchil said.

"Not Elenna..."

"Yes Elenna. She looked into your grandmother's mirror and saw that Glorfindel may die. She is scared that may come true. That is her fear." Aduchil raised Fea's head off ofhis shoulder. "Look at me. You area warrior. You are brave. You will conquer you fears."

"You're right. I will conquer this evil. Thank you Celeb. Thank you Aduchil. I must believe in myself." She kissed Aduchil's forehead. "Thank you."
Old 05-25-2002, 01:13 PM   #163
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Elven blood?"Rosa thought as Aman gave her back the bottle and Rosa tucked it safely into her breeches pocket.
"Only such evil as the evil at Rivendell would do this and yet why?Does this drink really give them strength or is it a sick threat to warn the elves this is what they can do to them."
Many thoughts swam though her mind,each having a possiblity of there own.
Rosas head lifted to meet Amans eyes and even though these dark times,they smiled.

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Rosa_Baggins ]
Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #164
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Elenna felt sick. "ELVEN blood?" her mind kept screaming over and over. "ELVEN blood?"
These dismal thoughts were interrupted by the thundering of hooves. A large plaid horse galloped straight at her, a large man hanging off of her back. As the horse passed, the rider tumbled off. As he fell, Elenna saw his face. "Hogarth!" He was unconscious, and an awful stench emanated from a festering wound on his shoulder.
"I will take care of him, Elenna. Go catch the horse." Aman's voice was intense. She also had some history with Hogarth.
"I will return." Elenna sprinted off after Damselle. As she ran, she let out a loud whistle. Celebdae came running at her, and she vaulted lightly onto his back. Together, horse and rider sped off in pursuit of Hogarth's horse.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:54 AM   #165
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman knelt beside the fallen rider, touching his shoulder tenderly. The wound gave even more under her touch, puss and blood mixing n his arm and her fingers. She saw a flash of him riding several days ago, starting the journey to help them here-he had ridden about half the way with this terrible wound.
"By Yavanna!" Aman muttered under her breath. She put both hands fully onto his arm, and let energy flow into it, but then she leapt away as if she had been burnt.
"Something evil has done this..."She spoke qietly to herself before turning to Ala. "Its going to take both of us at least to heal him. Lets get him inside..."
Old 05-26-2002, 06:10 PM   #166
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Ala knew what had injured him, something dark. She felt a shock go thru her body as she touched his wound. She closed her eyes, and let her black magic undo what was done, it took about 10 minutes to do this, and most of her energy, since it was quite complex, and near the end of the 9th stage. It would have killed him, had he not arrived sooner, and Ala quietly thanked the horse for carrying his rider.
"Alright," Ala took a breath, "Your turn, i took off the evil that did this, now you have to heal him, its deep and in his blood, it will take a while."
"Alright, here it goes." Aman touched his shoulder.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:54 AM   #167
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Azruk sat on Elrond's chair, a large lavish spread of delicacies laid out before him on the enormous table. The Orcs and Uruks in his council sat around him. It was time to strategise. Thrakatburz was conspicous by her absence as usual.

But Azruk decided to wait for her before starting the council, terrified elf slaves served the conquerors as they savagely tore into the food and drink.

The sound of approaching hooves signalled of her approach, she barged in looking flished and bothered and gave Azruk a hasty smile. She was attired in an accomodating ensemble to leering eyes, the gathered stared at her but lowered their eyes the instant she looked around, all except the Uruk leader.

He motioted her to sit next to him. She obliged with a sly grin and wink. As long as she seemed to have this warrior where she wanted she would play along.

Azruk proceeded to start the council.

Would they attack Lothlorien or wait for the elf army to advance to Rivendell.
Some felt it would be wise to take the battle to the eles in Lorien and others prferred to wait at Rivendell.

Azruk turned to Thrakatburz. She smiled and puzzled over the options...

"Well?" asked Azruk impatiently.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:32 AM   #168
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hogarth mumbled deliriously, a great weight seemed to lift from his tired body, he opened his eyes and looked upon Aman and another as if in a dream, he smiled weakly. Thier voices appeared to be coming from far away in echoes. He felt light and dizzy. Then darkness enveloped his mind again.

Searing pain raced through his veins awakening him again and a part of him felt like it was being wrenched out of his being, a choking, suffocating part that held on to him for so long as he rode semiconciously on Damselle. He coughed up blood and vomit, someone appeared to clean him up and take care of him, he saw faint shapes and again a vision of Aman, he smiled weakly in his delirium. The encompassing darkenss welcomed him, it felt so good to go there. to succumb to it's allure, the darkness

Ooc- I am near death's door, save me.
Old 05-27-2002, 10:22 AM   #169
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

The day was still very much alife,with Elves rushing from one place to another,carrying an asortment of things that interested Rosa little.
As the glowing sun set in the orange and red painted sky,Rosa sat in the gardens admiring the beauty of the flowers and plants that grew around the stone bench she was siting on.Roses,lilies and many other flowers of all different colours swayed in the slight breeze that enveloped her and the songs of birds and elves where entwined in the air.
She felt at peace in the wood of lorien.Only good could reach the boarders and see such an amazing and wonderous place such as this but evil grew in the east as Rosa could feel it in her bones.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:53 AM   #170
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil jumped of his horse. He had been thinking of Fea unbtil now, when he noticed Aman, Ala and the wounded Ranger. Fortunately, he was going to live. Aduchil had some potions if need should arise.
"We need to keep this Ranger alive. He may know were the rest of them are. His name is Hogarth, and I have meet him before. He is a skilled warrior, and it is good you saved him."
"It was our pleasure." They both smiled weakly, still tired from the effort that it had taken to heal him.
"But what are you doing here?"
"Elenna wanted me to find the Rangers and bring them to our aid. With Hogarth's help, my search will be shortened."

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 05-27-2002, 12:11 PM   #171
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Azruk was keen for battle, that much was clear to Thrakatburz straight away. For him, the murder of captives, though an enjoyable pass-time was not as invigorating as the thrill of battle. Personally, she could elicit more pleasure from a captive, when she could toy with them at her own speed and draw out their pain.

Her thoughts moved to Elrond. The army must not move on now. Everything would be revealed if they did. Underneath the table, she slid her hand onto the uruk's scaly leg, feeling it tense just a little as she did so.
"I think we should wait here, you don't want to be ambushed on the road, and I'm sure the elves will be sending another army soon." Her voice was sweet and syrupy and she leaned towards Azruk, further exposing herself to his eager eyes. "If you're bored, I'm sure we can find something to entertain you while we wait." Innocence dripped from her voice and inwardly, she smiled, Azruk was wrapped around her little finger.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Nevtalathiel ]
Old 05-27-2002, 02:24 PM   #172
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa followed Aduchil on her horse. Celeb was behind her.

"Noro Lim, Condelia, Noro Lim!"

They galloped up next to Aduchil, Ala, Aman, and the huddled up body. "What is this?" Celeb said, ready to kick it.

Aduchil answered,"Wait. This is Hogarth, A Ranger."

"The Elven Army may need his help." Fëaelenawen said, while looking strangely at him.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:53 AM   #173
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Celebdae plunged through the dense woods, gaining on Damselle with every step he took. Finally, he and Elenna pulled up along side her, matching her pace. Elenna leapt onto the back of the plaid mare, leaning down over her neck.
"Shhh. Quiet. Everything will be all right. Shh." Elenna murmured into the horse's ear. She was so absorbed that she didn't notice the group of dwarves walking up to her over the hill.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #174
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk looked at Thrakatburz and smiled, he was well aware of her charms and viles. But that didn't deter him from enjoying himself.

He agreed with her, "That is settled then, we wait here for the elves to walk into our well made trap."

Thrakatburz raised a glass of blood to that and smiled. Her plans went well.

The orcs raised their voices in approval of their Commander.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:01 AM   #175
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fea looked at the body shaking on the ground:
'He must of put up a real fight, looking at those wounds....'

She then looked at Aduchil. He looked so fragile and weak. He looked as if he was going to pass out... and then he did.

"Aduchil!"

Fea and Celeb ran to him. He was out cold.

"Where am I??" Aduchil jolted up, looking around.

"Shhh... You need to rest. You had dehidrated..." Fea was sitting next to him, while Celeb was forcing him to drink something.

"For a moment, I thought you were an angel.. You glowed, just like your grandmother.
You-" Aduchil was stopped by Elenna.

"You need rest as Fea said... Close your eyes... You will be all right..."

He drifted off into a slumber, the last thing he saw was Fea, still glowing.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:25 AM   #176
Lady Death
Pile O'Bones

Lady Death has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Evilazeth, the nazgul witch queen, astride her horse stood on a high hill over looking Rivendell. She lead a large army of Orcs and other evil men. Sauron has sent her to strenghten the army already occupying Rivendell. She is a cold and ruthless leader with no time for enjoyment. she has kept away from Azruk's feasting and counsil. She will aid him only in war and not anywhere else.
Once she a was a queen of high bearing, a very evil and cruel queen of a land now gone forever. She saught out Sauron's aid and was transformed into a Nazgul to serve him. She was now a mindless servant of the dark lord.
Coming back to the present, Evilazeth watched out for any strange activity and movement from the directions of Lotjlorien and Mirkwood.
Laughter and merriment reached her sharp ears and the smell of fresh food reached her sharper sense of smell. Her eyesight was poor. She carried a evil weapon. a poisoned blade.

Ooc - this is my first go, how did I do?
Mankind's worst nightmare in the form of it's sweetest dream, Lady Death, is ever a woman of contradictions- and with good reason for the blood of both angels and demons flows through her veins. The life of the woman who would become known as Death began as a young girl named Hope in Medieval Europe. Hope was the daughter of Matthias, a 666th generation descendant of the fallen angels, and Marion, a woman so pure her bloodline reached to Heaven
Old 05-28-2002, 10:26 AM   #177
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The prone ranger sat up shakily. Aman smiled almost triumphantly at Ala, pleased with their work. There was the sound of feet and voices outside; deep voices, not elven certainly, and she doubtd humans either. dwarves? no, surely not...not in the golden wood....
Curiously Ala and Aman stood up, curious despiter their weariness to see what the commotion was. Ala left and Aman was just preparing to leave when she felt Hogarth reach out for her hand. She held his as he smiled at her.
"Brilliant as ever witchy girl, showing off!"He croaked at her, still tired and shaky. She smiled at him gently; theyd always been very close. Kissing his hand she stood again, preparing to leave.
"Im glad youre Ok, my friend." She smiled at him from the door before following Ala.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:58 AM   #178
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil stood up and walked next to Hogarth.
Fea put her hand on his shoulder.
"You have to rest. You are not well."
He smiled at her. "I will be alright. Hogarth, can you hear me? We need to know what you can tell us about the rest of the Rangers. We need their help."
Old 05-28-2002, 03:28 PM   #179
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

OoC- italics show Fëa talking to herself.

Fëa saw Aduchil stand up and walk next to Hogarth.

'You need to rest.... You are not well....'

"Fëaelenawen, my dear, we need to gather information from this Ranger. Our survival may be depending on it."

"Fine. Do as you wish, but the next time you pass out I'm not going to help you." Fëa hopped onto Condelia and galloped off.

"Celebmundoiel, will you please go after your cousin for me. Tell her I am very sorry I jumped at her like that. Ask her if I can have another chance."

"Yes Aduchil. I will ask her." Celeb jumps on her horse and rides into the Golden Wood after Fëaelenawen.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:23 AM   #180
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk wasn't pleased to have a Nazgul for a new liutenant. Nazgul only followed the command of Sauron and none other. The Dark Lord must have had doubts about him. Doubts which he will soon clear.

The only good thing about the Nazgul was that she commanded a large army of orc soldiers. A valuable resource to stem the elf arrow fire.

The Uruk dismissed the council, the decision having been made he wished to spend some time alone with the coniving seductress.
Thrakatburz smiled at him, but resented the idea. Yet she played along.

Azruk was a difficult Orc to deny.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:26 AM   #181
Alkerin

Pipe

Elenna, hearing sounds from over the hill, scampered over to see what was happening. What she saw she barely believed--an army of Dwarves was marching towards Lorien! Suddenly the leader of the dwarves commanded the army to halt--he had seen Elenna. Drawing his battle axe he called to Elenna in Elvish. Translated he said, "We know you are there! Come out!" At this, Elenna walked out of the wood. "I am Therin, and I am leading my army of dwarves to lorien to assist in the defence from the orcs. Who is this elf that I have discovered?" Elenna didn't know what to say--DWARVES???

Old 05-29-2002, 08:15 AM   #182
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Celebmundoiel had found Fëa and brought her back to the meeting area. Aduchil gave her his deepest apology.

"What is that?" Fëa and Aduchil looked to the horizon at the same time. Celeb followed them.

'Dwarves....' She wispered. 'The horrid folk that killed my best friend Elnîn...."
Old 05-29-2002, 09:08 AM   #183
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Aman and Ala walked out the door, and left the ranger to rest.
"we will be right back, STAY PUT." Ala told him.
The elves walked up and saw the Dwarves coming.
"Dwarves?!" Ala asked in surprise. She knew this dwarf, tho she only met him once, Therin, was his name. "I know this dwarf, he is noble and daring, Therin is his name. He is quite good with the ax."
"Ah, i see." Aman said.
"Well shall we greet him?"
"No, i have to go check on Hogarth." She turned and walked away. Ala shrugged, and pulled her cloak closer and a cold breeze blew her hair. She stopped, and looked to the norht from where it came. She sensed something, it wasnt good.
She ran up to Elenna, and smiled as she saw Therin approach.
"Elenna, i sense something in the wind. We should hurry and collect ourselves. The battle will start soon, i can feel it."
Old 05-29-2002, 09:12 AM   #184
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna was beginning to lose her temper. She had led the dwarven army deep into the forests of Lorien, and their leader, Therin, had not stopped questioning her and squabbling with her.
"So, do you have any plans for this battle of yours, elf?"
"Nothing I feel the need to share with you here and now, dwarf."
"REspect your elders, lassie." The dwarf drew himself up to his full height of 4'4". His face grew redder and redder under his beard as she laughed at him.
"What, lass? Do the elf maids not respect their elders, then?"
"You are not my elder, good sir. I am 1789 years old. You should be respecting ME! I am well aware that leading this army is not what you would choose to be doing, but you have your orders, and those are to obey mine."
"Obey you? Why? My orders were to obey the commander of Rivendell's army, not some jumped-up elf maiden with a sword."
Elenna rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone have such a hard time believing that I am commanding Rivendell's army?"
Old 05-29-2002, 11:48 AM   #185
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

"Wow,Dwarves!"She whispered as one walked past her in the gardens of Galadriel.
She had not seen Dwarves before.The only time she had seen a Dwarf is when they came to the shire to sell some of there weapons but Rosa had never seen one up close.
He smile at her and she smiled back with her smile dripping with innocence.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:22 PM   #186
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil marched along with Elenna and Therin.
"Please, stop arguing. We need all the help we can get, and we cannot win if we stand alone. We need to stick together, at least as long as the orc army is around Rivendell."
By the looks on their faces, Aduchil doubted that they would even stay together for another hour. But they had to, if the upcoming battle was to be won.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:26 PM   #187
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman looked in surprise as Elenna led the dwarves out to wherethe trees thinned out where the palace was.
"Obey you? Why? My orders were to obey the commander of Rivendell's army, not some jumped-up elf maiden with a sword."
Aman tried, and failed miserably to cover her laughing with a coughing fit. Desperatly she tried to stop, because soon there was going to be the age old dwarf versus elf battle between the angry elven leader and the pompous dwarf.
Elenna rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone have such a hard time believing that I am commanding Rivendell's army?"
Aman walked over to her friend smiling. "Hows the political side of things going my friend?" She muttered sarcastically.
"If they didnt say they were on our side, I swear his axe will be of little use to him!" Elenna said through gritted teeth. "How dare they come to Lorien? And even more so, HOW did they even get in?"
"Well, the Lady Galadriel has had other things on her hands my friend. Besides," she added slightly louder so the dwarves may well have been able to hear. "Who needs to worry about a group of pompous midgets?"
Elenna giggled and tried to shh the witch, but at the same time willing the dwarves to have heard.
As they came over the hill Elenna saw the small army that she was, despite everything arrogant elves or stuck up dwarves said, supposed to be leading to Rivendell. Her smile faded- it was not a huge army. She sighed.
"Well, my friend, now youve probably sufficiently convinced them that you ARE leading them, you just need to make a VERY rousing speech. Good luck!" She stepped as if to go, but Elenna grabbed her a cheeky smile on her face.
"Amanaduial, if Im going to make a speech, I think my two favourite witches, definitly truly unique members of the army, should make one as well!" Laughing at the expression on Amans face, she called the unsuspecting Alatiriel over.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:51 PM   #188
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna swallowed hard. She stood before this army of dwarves, wondering what to say. She, like all elves, didn't much like their kind, yet she had to encourage them to follow her and to obey her commands.
"Greeting, my dwarven...friends. My name is Elenna Starsong, daughter of Cuthalion Trueflight. I command the armies of Rivendell. I hope that, since we must fight together, we can put aside most of our differences..." A gruff voice cut her off. A dwarf was standing, a blond haired dwarf who carried a rough looking spear.
"Therin, you brought us all the way from the Lonely Mountain to follow the commands of a lass no older than twenty? Shouldn't she be off doing embroidery or something? Are the elves so weak?"
Elenna choked off the impulse to laugh, wondering what she could even say. She did not wonder for long. Therin sprang to his feet.
"It is MY commands you follow, Nain son of Foldar. This lass...this warrior leads the elves, whom we have been sent by King Dain to help. If ye have any trouble, ye shall bring it to me."
Old 05-29-2002, 02:04 PM   #189
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman smiled admiringly as the elf leapt up and defended Elenna. Not such a pompous midget after all then...
Alatiriel stepped up beside her to watch.
"Dwarves?" The witchs surprise was evident in her voice. "Anyway, I was called over by Elenna, although she now seems occupied."
"Aye my friend, and she wishes us to be occupied with her! Are you any good at making speeches?" Ala paled and Aman almost laughed. "My thoughts exactly Ala! Plus, Im not sure they would be to keen on having 3 "lasses" making speeches."
However, it seemed they were to be spared that pleasure, as Elenna was finishing and the army was preparing to move. In unison the witches breathed a sigh of reief...and sure enough, Elenna started to introduce them.
"Oops. I think we may have just jinxed what could have been a piece of good luck!" Aman muttered.
"Aye, and we did it without even doing a spell!" Ala smiled anxiously as they stepped onto the platform
Old 05-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #190
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz did up the final button on her dress and left the room where she and Azruk had been enjoying a "private council". It had once been the great library of Rivendell, but now the books were scattered, their pages ripped, charred and blood-stained. she silently closed the door on the hulking uruk figure, who still lay unaware in his state of sensuous gratification. She retched and bending double, vomited onto the floor of the passageway. Her dark hair cascading down and covering her face, she was beautiful even now.
Thrakatburz took a deep breath and closed her eyes, concentrating on controlling the feelings of disgust which flooded her stomach and throat. the emotions, she had learned were easily mastered, both her own and those of others, but the body was harder to outwit. Certain feelings, such as lust, she could turn to her advantage, but mostly, the body remained a being she was unable to dominate. She straightened up, and though her limbs shook and she had to cling to the wall for support, her mind felt strong. she was confident of her power and though Thrakatburz's body was drained, her will was forged as strong and as sharp as steel.
She opened the door of the chamber opposite and checked nobody saw her slip into the room from the dimly-lit corridor; Azruk would soon be roused and she did not want to be disturbed by his clumsy words and even clumsier fingers. Stealthily shutting the door, she surveyed the room and then settled herself among the debris. She crossed her legs and allowed herself to slip inot a trance-like state as her spirit was released form the bonds of her body.
Back at the camp, one orc was surprised to see a tall, elegant elf appear as if from nowhere, walk into a tent, lift a few skins from a pile and then disappear agin. He had been ordered to shoot any intruders, but the shadow in the elf's face told him this would not be a wise choice and he had a feeling the arrow would not connect with flesh. Instead, he crept towards the tent and its hidden prize.
Satisfied that the Lord of Rivendell was suitably accomodated, Thrakatburz turned her attenton towards Lothlorien and Amanaduial.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:42 PM   #191
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Celebmundoiel snuck away from the group without making a noise. She quickly ran to find a horse. She had only been running for about 5 minutes when her eyes came across a beautiful white horse. She walked up to it and it started to panic. “Shhhh, shhhh. You wouldn’t want to get me caught now would you?” she whispered trying to calm the horse down. When it started to trust her she jumped onto its back and held its mane gently. “Come on now, let’s go to Rivendell. I know Elenna, not to mention every one else wants to know what’s going to happen.” She whispered into the horse’s ear. The lightly tapped her heals into the horse’s side and it quietly began to gallop towards Rivendell.

It was getting late when Celebmundoiel reached a distance where she could see Rivendell in the distance. There were creatures guarding the entrance and Celeb knew she would get caught if she tried to sneak past them. She jumped off the horse and quietly said to herself “ I’ve been here so many time, I’ve practically lived here half of my life. I’ll have to find another way in.” She sat down and began to think. “I know how to get in but I might get caught” she groaned. “Ok, I know there are tall trees near the entrance of Rivendell, I used to play in them. So I climb up and jump onto the roof of one of the rooms in Rivendell. It’s so simple” she thought happily to herself. "Go back home horse, thank you forr your help" she whispered as the horse began to run.

When se made it around to the tree she climbed up to one of the highest branches. “Ohh” she thought to herself “it’s not as easy as I thought”. Celebmundoiel stood up on the branch, “one…two…three!” she whispered as she leaped towards the roof. She landed it with a thud; she quickly stood up, not that it would do any good. But maybe they didn’t notice. She ran across the rooftops, springing from one to another until she saw some people. Then she crouched down and tried to listen to what they were saying…
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:26 PM   #192
Alkerin

Pipe

At a pause in the elves' interrogation, Therin spoke up. "I am now going to try to explain myself to these 'supreme beings' that believe that they can scoff at the greatness of the Dwarves. I am Therin grandson of Thorin, and a messenger came to my stronghold in the Lonely Mountain and told me that Lothlorien was in some danger of an attack of Orcs. In hearing this, I gathered my troops to travel (to Lorien) to assist in the resistance. What you see is only part of my army. The rest, is waiting to receive a message from me that will tell them to march on. As for how I got into Lorien--it was quite easy. You Elvish-folk underestimate the power of my people! If you will accept the offer of our assitance, then we will most definetly be able to help you win this battle. If not, then let us leave in peace. It would be wise of you to accept our offer, for on our way we ran in to a group of about 100 of these Orcs, which my men and I quickly eliminated. Mind you, there are more on the way. I am exceptionally skilled with my axe, Dólinstàg, and have quite a reputation farther north. I am the sole survivor of the Mines of Moria. I was able to fight my way out with the help of Dólinstàg. That is our tale. Now will you accept? My men and I are very weary from our journey."

There was a pause, the elves were obviously debating whether or not they should trust these midget-like warriors. After some silence, they replied: "We have concluded that your aid would be most helpful. We would be delighted to add your army to our resistance." "So be it then!," said Therin, "We will start right away. But on one condition: I would greatly appreciate it if you would treat us with some respect! You tease in ignorance, we are a great race!" There was a short chuckle from the elves, then they replied, "We will honor your request. But the same shall go for you and your little men" ("There you go with the jokes again!" belowed Therin in a surprisingly indimidating voice.) "For the duration of this stay we shall treat everyone with equal respect. There is no time for bickering in such a time of need. Now! Let us go!" At that they set off.

Old 05-29-2002, 04:35 PM   #193
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Comrades, To left is Amanaduial, a great friend, and a great elven witch. You are to respect her, as you would me. I dont want any complaints from her about your beharvior." Elenna turned to Ala, "To my right is Alateriel, She too is a great friend, and a great elven witch. You are not to cross her, becuase she will burn you," The dwarves laughed a bit, but Therin hushed them and spoke, "This is true I knew her, she tried to burn me once!" Ala just smirked, and let Elenna continue.
"You are to respect her, and obey her as you would me or Aman. I want NO complaints, got it?" Elenna scowled at them.
"Alright, its settled then, we'll help you elf." THerin said.
"Therin." Ala walked over to the dwarf.
"Alateriel." He replyed, "I see you have met up with your friend at last. I also hear you have acquired your dark magics, should i still trust you?"
"Aye, you should, I won't hurt you unless you turn against me, or them." She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Aye, and dont cross me, for i have an ax." He too narrowed his eyes.
She laughed at him, and he managed to crack a smile.
"YOu always make me laugh Therin. Its good to see you."
Old 05-30-2002, 06:40 AM   #194
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk awoke with a start, vaguely remembering what transpired the night before, he quickly attired himself with his battle scarred armour and stormed out.
An orc had been waiting for him outside. It was Humburz, a young and upcoming soldier and he had news that could fortify his position in the in the ranks of Azruk's army.

Being informed of what the orc had witnessed, Azruk rubbed his stubby chin and wondered about Thrakatburz's loyalties. He was ready to deal with anyone who went against him in similar fashion, be it friend or foe or even lover. What does an Uruk know of love?

He commended Humburz and promoted him to lieutenant, his first duty in such capacity would be to spy on Thrakatburz, to stick to her like a hobbit to mushrooms.

There was also news of the armies amassing in Lothlorien. The elves and dwarves were allying much to Azruk's amusment. Maybe they would kill each other before they got to Rivendell. Azruk laughed out aloud and Azalel reared up high, and carried Azruk galloping off toward the orc camp by the Bruinin.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:18 AM   #195
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna sat alone in her chamber, massaging her temples with her fingertips. It had been a hard day - first, the arrival of Hogarth and the almost escape of Damselle. Then, the dwarves had arrived. Ah - a problem of its own. The elven army needed their reinforcements, but they would be more harm than good if the elves and dwarves could not learn to get along. A knock at her door distracted her from her headache.
"Come in." Glorfindel entered, a goblet held in his hands.
"I brought you some of Tiri's headache remedy. I thought you might need it." He handed her the goblet and put his arm around her waist. "Tough day?"
"Hah! No, only a desperately wounded old friend, army of hostile dwarves, splitting headache, arrogant prince, and GODS DAMNED WAR TO PLAN!!!!!" She gulped the cool liquid down, grimacing at the taste. "I just don't know what to do."
Glorfindel kissed her softly on the lips, then frowned. "That stuff does taste nasty. And remember - I love you. Always have, always will. Forever." He held her for a second, and then left.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:51 AM   #196
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz could feel Amanaduial's mind, but she could not yet enter. It was like trying to put a key into an intricate piece of clockwork in the dark whilst wearing gloves, and she knew that she could not put the key in the wrong place even once, or the elf would feel her presence. She twisted and turned Amanaduial's mind in her hands, there must be a way in somewhere, a part of the elf's mind wanted to let her in, but how could she stop the other part knowing? Think, she said to herself, who is her agression channeled towards, what makes her go on? She thought back to the scenes she had seen inside Amanaduial's head, the flames, the screaming and among the destruction, the answer came to her. islently, she fitte the key into the clockwork and entered her enemy's mind, weakened form her exercions, but stuill strong enough to see what she wanted.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:56 PM   #197
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala returned to her room, and fell back on her bed, and let out a long sigh. She was tired, and needed sleep. She hadnt slept in two days, and after healing the Ranger, she had no energy. She closed her eyes, and a small smile came to face. She felt relaxed, like nothing could go wrong. But when she thought that, ofcourse something was wrong. She saw the orcs gathering, making weapons, concocting that vile liquid of theirs. She saw Azruk, he was standing tall giving orders, but she couldn't hear them, she tried despretly to hear, but the harder she tried the blacker the scene went, and then it was gone. She opened her eyes, and a cold shiver flowed thru her body. It felt like she was dipped into an ice bath or stabbed with a knife of the Nazgul. It was the same feeling she had gotten earlier. She sat up, and slowly left the room to find Elenna.
She walked down the hall to Elenna's room, and saw her there on the bed.
"Your damn liquid, made me lose my concentration." Elenna growled. She was half asleep it seemed.
"Well it worked, and you need to rest, Let me and Aman work this out, and your beloved Glorfindal can help too. But i came here to tell you that Azruk's army is gathering, we need to collect and then procede with the plans, we-"
"I know, ok I know." Elenna cut her off, and sat up. She looked confused and angry, and Ala felt the same.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:21 PM   #198
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa was sitting in her room, thinking hard.
'Where did Celeb go? I have not seen her since we were talking about Idmariyls[sp?] in the Council....'

Fëa ran into Elenna's room, where she and Aman were sitting. "Celebmundoiel is gone. I think she went to Rivendell!"

"How? She doesn't have a horse, and she wouldn't have walked." Elenna said.

"Maybe she took one of the horses in the stable." Aman answered.

"Let's go look..."

Elenna, Aman, and Fëa jogged to the stables.
"Look! The white horse is gone!" Fëa started looking around for the horse.

"So it is true! Celebmundoiel has gone to Rivendell to get herself killed..."
Old 05-30-2002, 02:33 PM   #199
Alkerin

Pipe

The Dwarves had been in Lorien for 2 nights now, and everything seemed to be going fairly peacefully, with only a few squabbles between the elves and Dwarves. On the second night, Therin woke from a dream. He was very distressed from what he had seen. The next morning he went to find Ala and tell her what happened.

"Ala, there is something I need to tell you," said Therin. "What is it old friend?" replied Alateriel. "Last night I had a dream that caused me great distress. I saw a great army of Orcs, such as I have never seen in the north. Leading this army, was a very sinister looking man, that stood very tall. The whole scene of it chilled me to the bone, sort of an un-natural cold."
Ala looked at the Dwarf in amazement. "I have seen the very same thing," she said. "They're close then, and they're on there way. There is much about you, Therin, that I have overlooked! Something will be done imidiately about this disturbance."
"Whatever it is, my army is behind you all the way. I have already sent for half of the remainder of my army. The other half will stay and protect the area around the Lonely Mountain, and will come to wherever I tell them if need be," said Therin.

Therin walked back to the Dwarves' quarters, and on his way he spotted a hobbit girl that he was greatly attracted to. They established eye contact in passing, and exchanged little smiles. The hobbit blushed, and they went on their own ways.

Old 05-30-2002, 03:44 PM   #200
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial too sat in her chamber, her eyes closed as if relaxing. She hadnt had time to think over all that had happened and it was coming back to her all too suddenly now...all the memories...the screams...
She tried to shut them out from her mind, and in the process felt something else there, as she had done in the council with Ala. Something alien, yet familiar...probing, but why did she almost welcome it?
As she had been trained, she tried to put barriers around her mind...force the invader out...force the invader out...force the-
"Good day, Madan witch."
Aman opened her eyes, irritation shinig through every part of her. Turning she looked towards the door and saw the dwarf lounging there.He smiled
"Oh sorry did I disturb you?" He laughed, but then grew more serious. "No, im sorry, Amanaduial, I willcome back later." He turned as if to go, but Aman stopped him.
why did i do that? what was the point? Gods, Im getting manners, Ive definitly been spending too much time around Elenna...
"Dont...dont go...Im sorry, Ive had a very bizarre few days, erm....?" She trailed off.
"Therin, grandson of Thorin Oakenshield. I like to get to know my allies before battles."
Aman, like most elves, was very wary of dwarves, but as she was usually pretty wary of anything that moved, this amiable, humourous midget was not as bad as it could have been, dwarf or not...
Sighing, she told herself she would just have to resume the mind exercises later, and stepped towards the door, indicating outside.
"Shall we walk, my...friend?" The dwarf looked surprised, but nodded and followed, glad for the company.
"Glad to Lady, glad to..." After all, he hardly had aything against witches...