Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-18-2002, 01:09 AM   #281
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

The Uruks and Orcs will feast tonight, feast on horse flesh and elf blood. The next day they will crush the armies of Elenna.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #282
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

"Just perfect. 100 percent perfect." Elenna muttered to herself. "It just figures that Therin would have to leave, right after I start depending on him." Suddenly, her complaining stopped. She could feel Azruk's malice in her head again, freezing her heart. It seemed to be a threat. He was coming.

"What is wrong?" Glorfindel was instantly at her side, his arm around her waist. "You look like you've seen death."

"I have, my love. Tomorrow. Azruk comes." she fainted.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:30 PM   #283
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman gasped suddenly to the surprise of Thrakatburz. She winced as she watched with horror as the picture of Rosa picked up the blood bottle. Trying to cry out she found it had no use; her cries were stfled by something in Rosas own mind, some evil planted there. With terrifying clarity she saw and felt the blood trickling as if down the sides of her skull. Once again her vision of Rosa was blocked out and she couldnt reach the poor young hobbit.
"No..." She whispered. Something was happening to Rosa after she commited this brutality to herself unconciously and Aman had a a feeling it would change things.
Yes Aman it will change things. Aman felt the other witches voice in her head and tried to shake it away when they both stopped when they heard a noise. Hoofbeats, fast hoofbeats. With a terrible feeling in her gut Aman looked up and saw with terrible feeling and saw with horror a huge host of orcs coming led by the uruk himself; Azruk.
However she got an even bigger shock when she saw the look on Thrakatburzs pale face as she saw the leader coming....
Old 06-19-2002, 06:56 AM   #284
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

It was the last night before the battle. Elenna lay awake for many hours before finally dropping off into dreams.

In her dream, she danced on a hilltop, wearing the blue dress and circlet that Galadriel had given her. All around her, the trees whispered "Tindomerel! Tindomerel!".

When she awoke, she could feel a slight pressure on her forehead. Putting up a hand, she realized that it was Tinuviel's circlet. She remembered the rest of her dream.

"Tindomerel?" Tiri mind-shouted as Elenna described her dream. "The trees called you Tindomerel? Elenna, that is Tinuviel in Quenya! The prophecy..."

"Yes? What about the prophecy?"

"Never mind. It will come to pass anyway. We have things to do today. Azruk is marching."

"I have a plan now! It just came to me!"

Dashing out of her tent, Elenna went to awake Glorfindel and the new dwarven commander. "I've got it! I know what we have to do. We have to get into Rivendell! We can skirt right around their army. They won't have many people left to guard, and we know it way better than they do!"

The army awoke and began to march. Unknowingly, they passed not 2 miles from where Azruk was marching to their camp.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #285
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Thrakatburz drew in a breath slowly over her teeth. She knew Azruk would not harm her while there were other elves around, but she was no longer so sure of her security. She saw Amanaduial's face and realised she was letting her fear show. She swallowed, returning to her normal, proud, ruthles self and her face was once more set, a mask of hatred veiled by a cold and distant beauty.
She noticed for the first time the other elf, still chanting quietly over the body of Elrond.
"Who's your friend?" she asked out loud, so the other elf could hear, though her voice was no less chilling. "Is she like you, will she join the darkness?" Thrakatburz asked, her voice now soft and syrupy and eyes opened wide, looking mockingly at Aman. She smiled wickedly as the other elf faltered in her incantation and looked up apalled at Aman, whose only reply was a sharp
"Keep chanting!"
"Ah, yes, the chanting." Thrakatburz's voice was sweet and her tone patronising, but it still sent chills down the spine of those who heard her. The elves present with no knowledge of magic heard nothing, but felt a coldness trike at their hearts. "Calling up the spirits of the dead, I'm impressed, you can do real magic." her tone cut like steel. "I'd be careful, though, if I were you, those who answer the call tend to be the...less satisfied ones, shall we say, and Elrond had enemies, you could end up doing more harm than good. Unless you'd like some help that is."
Her meaning flashed across into Aman's mind
"Join me" it said, "Be like me, strong and powerful"
"You would not help him" Aman said, gritting her teeth for the onslaught of Thrakatburz attack.
"But you're not really trying to help him, are you?"
Old 06-19-2002, 09:16 AM   #286
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Something in Amans stomach lurched strangely as Thrakatburz said her last few words. Was she trying to accomplish something other than just helping Elrond? I mean he was just an ignorant old fool whose only magic comes from a ring...hmmmm, doesnt that sound familiar? Aman started at the idea, before realising it was not her own. Thrakatburz looked mildly surprised as she realised the mind tie had been broken but her glare was quickly composed again to a face of sweetness and light.
"You know you want to join me....the dark side is so much better. Remember the saying, Thick as Thieves." Thrakat purred on, but both witches were distracted as Alas head shot up involuntarily as the evil witch said the last few words. She was white as a ghost...Elronds ghost...or the ones trying to stop him?
Aman knew this couldnt be possible. Shed put upa ll the barriers and offered fruits of the elements to the spirits in exchange for his soul. But she was no true necromancress...
Old 06-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #287
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa put the bottle down on the side table, all the draught gone.
Sickness filled her stomach and dizzyness though her head.Her eyes turned green again but the sickness never left and now she was having difficulty breathing.
Taste of the draught still on her tongue, she fell from her seat, shivering, when her sight turned back as sh fell from consciousness.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:06 PM   #288
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Ala stopped chanting, and Looked Thrakatburz in the eyes.
"So, who are you?" Thrakatburz asked again.
"Alateriel Darkstar." Ala stated.
"Darkstar, I knew your mother." The witch mused, quite a good witch she was, very powerful, i believe she told you about the side of "good", hmm, what was it that she said, Thick as Theives?"
"Yes, well, then i am thick as a theive to choose this side. I have seen your side, and I dont care for it." She turned back to Elrond, and continued her chant, but stopped, she could feel the ground shaking, and her heart filled with fear. She turned and looked, Azruk was coming.
"CALEN!! GRAB ELROND! TAKE HIM SOMEWHERE SAFE!" Calen came running.
"Alright, but i will be back." He looked her in the eyes, and gave her a soft smile that told her not to be afraid. He leaned in and kissed her cheek then whispered, "I will be with you." He turned then carried Elrond away.
"Aman," Ala stood next to her friend and spoke in a whisper,"Are you ready?"
"Ready as i will ever be."
Old 06-19-2002, 12:48 PM   #289
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman gulped inwardly as she saw the terrible force coming at them, but outwardly she tried to keep her face impassive. Looking sidewards at Thrakatburz, she saw the witch was once again looking more than a little uncomfortable, her eyes fixed on the uruk general. She seemed to notice Aman looking at her though, for it then returned to its usual arrogance. Aman had seen though; something was amiss within the feelings of the two leaders. Glancing around she viewed their force and tried not to groan; herself, Alateriel, Aduchil and few archers, maybe 100 at most. They didnt have Fea or Calen, as they had taken Lord Elrond.
Aman then took a closer look at Ala and saw the other witch look quickly away almost guiltily, but her face told Aman more; she was wondering whether Thrakatburzs words about her going to the dark side were true. She tried to smile at Ala to reasure her, but how could she? Was it true? Thrakats words seemed to fit unnervingly.
And where was Elenna when you needed her? She issued another call to Elenna, but found with her someone elses mind...who was this?
Come on, we need you.....the orcs are approaching fast....we need you Elenna.....
Elenna? What is happening...Im hearing voices again...mustnt tell Elenna about this...

Aman was surprised at the gentle tone the other used and gathered he was a male elf. She would find more later, but right now she was desperate.
No! Do tell Elenna! This is Amanaduial and we need Elenna and you probably...whoever you are...
Amanaduial?
His voice was questioning, but he recogised the alarm. We are coming Lady Amanaduial, do not worry...

"Aman! What the heck are you playing at? If you hadnt noticed orcs!" Alas voice cut through to Aman who snapped back from her thoughts of the mysterious elf.
"Erm yeah...." She looked around, and to her surprise and apprehension, Thrakatburz had gone. Strange...
"And they have horses! How do we-" Alas despairing voice was cut off as Aman snapped fully back to action mode
"Right! Hang on, I can deal with that." She yelled a word into the air, hands cupped around her mouth to amplify it. Then she smiled infuriatingly at Ala.
"Sorted."
"SORTED!? How is it- ah!" The near hysterical witch stopped and turned in the direction they had origionally come to see their horses thundering along. "Summoning?"
"Oh yeah. You like?"
"Nice!"

---------------------------------------------

They were standing outside some sort of invisble barrier, hopelessly trying to get in, when Lindir once again nearly fell of his horse as another voice hit him. He stayed on-just. It was becoming a running joke!
This time the voice was different though, not the cold hard steel of the other voice; It was softer, but emotionaly-laced, and obviously in danger. While trying to convince himself he was not scritsophrenic(SP?), he listened to the instructions, quickly passing them onto Elenna.
"Magic? Aman needs us to get in through magic?! I have warriors here, not wizards!" Elenna said desperatly. Hesitantly Lindir cleared his throat and spoke to her.
"I can do magic. Well quite well, but-"
"Could you get down the barrier?"
"Oh yes, of course. It may take a few moment though." He spoke more confidently now. Barriers werent THAT hard.
"Then go, Lindir, cos youre currently the only hope weve got!" Elenna ushed him forward. He concentrated on maing the barrier have a solid form as an illusion and, trying to ignore the sacry comment from behind, he then imagined it visualised away, and in its place a field. Instantly it was gone.
Elenna pulled him up onto his horse. "Ok, now you REALLY have to meet Aman."
Lindir smiled at her shyly. "But I already have."
Elenna opened and closed her mouth a few times before reflecting on the mysterious ways of Aman. She shrugged and, rearing up her horse she galloped towards the noise of already started battle...
Old 06-20-2002, 08:46 AM   #290
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil sighed. His plan to free Lord Elrond had worked, but no time to feast. The orcs were advancing. But where was Elenna? She and the infantry were supposed to be there now. If they did not hurry, the orcs could attack the archers, who would not stand a chance in melee fighting. He drew his sword. That which must happen, happens. Then it was like a mist was removed from his eyes. Some sort of magic had covered the rest of the army from his eyes, but here they were. He prepared himself to fight, and thought of why he fought. If he survived, he would see to it that no evil creatures never came between the Blue Mountains and Rivendell again.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:32 AM   #291
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman and Ala mounted their horses as did the rest of the archers.
"Joint effort?" Aman held out her hand to the other witch. Ala realised and took it.
"Absolutely. Your wierd silver eyed magic with my fire? Cant fail!"
The red haired witch smiled at her friend. Their hands had now started to give off sparks. They watched the first lot of oncoming orcs and uruks.
"One...two...three...NOW!" Aman squeezed the others hand and out of them burst a jet of flames and ice into the orcs. They almsot winced at the combination. Ala nodded appreciatively.
"Not bad...not bad at all....ready for another?"
Old 06-21-2002, 12:42 PM   #292
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

The infantry marched as quietly through the woods of Rivendell as was possible for 20000 people on foot. Elenna sat on Celebdae in front, deep in thought.

"Tindomerel. If I am supposed to be following Tinuviel...she died for love. Well, I shouldn't worry about it now. I am already probably going to die for love - love of Rivendell, love of duty. The battle has to be won. Rivendell is the last Homely House. I can't let it be overrun by yrch for very long."

Onward they marched, towards Imladris. The storm drew ever closer.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #293
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The witches let go of each others hands and Aman drew her sais; the orcs were now close enough to fight with hand to hand. Her eyes however still glowed with silver light and the pupils had completely vanished. She felt exilherated and somehow the waves of orcs still coming onwards failed to scare her. For her own amusement she took a leaf out of out Alas book and shot a jet of fire from the middle blade of one of her sais. The bolt hit three of the leading orcs. She was quite pleased with that-
Then it hit the witch; she was pleased when it hit three. Looking over the army she realised she could take down three thousand and thered still be some. The realisation jolted her as if her own bolt had hit her. She looked at the elves around her trying to hold their nerves. They could never win. Clenching her teeth she raised her sais again and decided her lucky number would be three. As in three hundred. The amount she would at least take down with her.

We are coming lady Amanaduial. The soft determined voice came to her stressed mind.
Where are you Lindir?
Well...turn around...

She felt she could have kissed this mysterious elf as she looked around and saw her salvation. Over two thousand elves were standing behind the three on horseback who Aman recognised as Elenna, Glorfindel and...Lindir.
She heard someone shout beside her and whirled around, ducking as a large orc swung a her with a sword. Slashing him across the throat she flashed a grateful smile at Ala. She was now running in Adrenaline as her sais flashed in front of her...
---------------------------------------------
Lindir smiled as he spoke to Amanaduial. Soon he would actually be able to see this mysterious witch. Elenna had most of the army on foot and they were currently positioning themselves in the trees around the battle, so they could make a surprise attack from all around.
The connection was suddenly broken off and Lindir felt the pain. His horse reared and he looked forward to see many of the elves being attacked. How could he pinpoint Amanaduial when he didnt even have any clear idea of what she looked like? Then he saw an unusual sight as one of the orcs simply evaporated. A red haired elf beside him was clutching her side but then kept on fighting, although Lindir could not see the strange weapons she fought with, just flashes of gold in the air.
He turned to Elenna. "We must attack now!" He said urgently.
"No. We should wait- we ahve the benefit of surprise!"
"But...but...she is hurt! Amanaduial is hurt!" He couldnt understand why it was so urgent; he had never met this witch, didnt know if he would even like her, but he could still feel her mind and feel even stronger the pain in her side.
"No! You cannot sacrifice everything for personal feelings..." Elenna stopped in the middle of her sentence as if wondering what she was saying. "You- no, what am I saying! Lets go!"
Together they rushed forward. All the time Lindir kept his eyes on the strange magical elf, weaving a golden pattern of death in front of her...
Old 06-22-2002, 12:40 AM   #294
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil looked around. Aman was not able to take charge, and the orcs were advancing. He gave the orders:
Fire your arrows!!
Many of the archers woke up and began firing. Soon, the orcs were walking across their own deads. But it wasn't enough.

He then used the trick he had up his sleeve. He checked with one of his soldiers. The trap was ready. Then the archers fired arrows that where on fire. It hid the secret holes filled with oil. Hundreds of them died, and they were now captured between the fire and the advancing elvish army.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:32 AM   #295
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Light flooded onto Rosa's eyes and the fluttered open to look at her surroundings.As the hobbit looked up, trees covered te sky like a canopy and the dry leaves cruched as she stood up.
"Im in a forest?"She thought outloud stilling looking around the land and she had the feeling she had been here before.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:25 AM   #296
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"More fire! This battle is really being fought good style!" Ala laughed over the noise to Aman.
"Well I know what this battle will be called; Dagora en Naur- battle of fire!" Aman replied. An uruk charged her and without hesitation she took a throwing knife from her belt, catching the orc through his poorly made chest armour. Turning she saw the elves coming through from the trees and one raven haired elf in particular galloping towards her.
"Lindir!" She whispered, excited that she was actually going to meet him. He looked up towards her and smiled before unsheathing his rapier.
Aman spun around to take an orc beside her until she looked into the forest and to her shock saw a small, familiar figure wandering vaguely aound the forest. Rosa!

----------------------------------------------
Lindir stared at the huge amounts of orcs with shock. Whereas he could see elves falling, it seemed the orcs were endless! He was now fighting side by side with Amanaduial, almost back to back for defence. He noticed she kept glancing towards the forest outskirts and turned to see a small hobbit who had been left at Lorien wandering around. He opened his mouth the speak to Aman, excited he could talk to her face to face at last, but she got there first.
"Lindir! I must go and get Rosa!"
"Hey I-" He stopped. She was already galloping across the field and he soon lost sight of her streaming red hair.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:39 AM   #297
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

Thrakatburz watched from behind a tree as Amanduial dismounted to help the hobbit who had just appeared and was now wandering around aimlessy, a trickle of blood still dripping from her chin. from a pouch at her waist, Thrakatburz fluidly removed a blow pipe from a pouch hanging at her waist and fitted a dart. It whistled through the air and bit deep into the horse's withers, making it rear and charge away through the trees. As the other elf turned at this commotion, Thrakatburz stepped from behind the tree.
"We meet again, old friend" she said, her voice dripping with irony. "I trust you have considered my proposition. I have present for you which I could not give you earlier." She held out her hand, a piece of charred and blackened wood lay in her palm. "A reminder of your family, and all you have turned you back on; all the pain, all the anger, all the disappointment. All you need now is your hate."
Old 06-22-2002, 06:03 AM   #298
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman shielded the little hobbit as she saw the dark figure step out from behind the tree. She wiped the blood out of her eyes so she could see who it was, but knew she didnt need to. She would know that figure anywhere.
Thrakatburz smiled and held out a piece of charred wood. Cautiously Aman took it, not sure what she was looking for.
"...all you need now is your hate." Aman stiffened as she remembered the day it happened.
She remembered the flames
the screams
the destruction
the dying elves and the lauging...men?

"Thats right Aman. It was not orcs who killed your tribe. No far from it." She laughed mirthlessly as she took as step forward. "It was elves and men."
Aman looked at her, her face carefully impassive.
"They had strayed. You twisted them-"
"Aye, as I myself was twisted! And who by? Oh, look at that, once again the answer is elves! They werent twisted though were they? I mean, he was king of the tribe, so he was someone to look up to. Didnt stop him killing HIS OWN GRANDSON DID IT!?"
The dark witch was practically shouting, shaking with rage and emotion. Aman tried desperatly to think of a way to counter it.

Then she stopped. What was the use? A terrible calm over took Amans mind. There was no point in fighting it; she had fought it all her life. Yet this twisted dark creature could show her, teach her how to embrace it....how to use it...
She dropped the piece of wood, and Thrakatbuz reached out and held it.

----------------------------------------------------
Lindir watched from behind a tree. He had followed Aman, but now watching her and the dark witch, he was ashamed to feel almost scared. What were they doing, and saying?
He watched the change come upon Amans face as she grasped the others hand. What had this dark creature done to the red haired witch?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #299
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

OoC- Im back early!

Fëa rode away on Condelia with Calen on his horse and Lord Elrond also on that horse. She looked back and saw all of the fire on the Elven armies side. Ha! Ala is using her magic, I guess...
Old 06-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #300
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

Thrakatburz smiled as Amanaduial reached out and their hands met, a ribbon of flame flowing from one witch to the other, a token of their new alliance.
"Aman, No!" Rosa was woken from her dozy state by the actions of her friend and rushed towards them. Thrakatburz turned, the back of her hand hitting the hobbit sharply across her face, sending her sprawling to the floor.
"We must go, Aman" she said, "I'm not Azruk's favourite person at the moment, and I want to be a long way from here by the time he wins the battle." A sly smile spread across her face and the two witches hastily turned their backs on the battle field, leaving Rosa still lying on the ground.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:01 PM   #301
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa was knocked to the ground as the swipe of the elf hit her.A trickle of blood started from a gash in her cheek.Rage filled the hobbit and she unsheathed her short sword and ran at full force towards the dark elf that hit her.Thrakatburz turned and just sent her flying back, smacking her back on a tree truck with a thud.
"Stupid halflings!You are not match for me! Even a normal Elf could kill you in a blink of an eye!"She sneared while grabbing Amans hand and guiding her away.
Once they had gone Rosa slide to the ground with a bit of bark enlodged in her hand but no pain came from her wounds.Rosa pulled out the wood and blood dripped down her arm making a small puddle of the red liquid on the forest floor.
"Still no pain?!?!"She thought rubbing off some blood from her gash on her cheek.

[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: Rosa_Baggins ]
Old 06-23-2002, 06:17 AM   #302
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Thrakatburz laughed as she sent the little hobbit sprawling against a tree before grabbing Aman and running onwards. Despite herself, Aman couldnt bring herself to laugh with the dark witch as she watched Rosa fly backwards, but neither did she feel any sympathy for the little creature. She was in league with the sursed elves who killed her family so...she deserved it? No, that didnt fit either...all she felt for the Rosa as she lay against the tree, blood trickling from her mouth was plain indifference. She didnt matter...
"How shall we travel friend? Why run when we could do anything!" Thrakatburz turned to Aman and with her newly refreshed senses the witch noticed a flash of panic behind Thrakats eyes.
"Why, let us fly! As eagles of course! The holiest of the Valars birds!" They laughed at the irony of it as they leapt of the ground, changing in mid air and flying into the sky...
---------------------------------------------------------

Lindir leapt out of the bushes as Rosa fell, catching her head to stop it from striking the ground. He felt numb as he lay the small hobbit on a pile of leaves, and fumbled in a waist pouch for a first aid kit. His fingers felt huge and clumsy though and he couldnt grab the equipment. Something fell out and he dropped to get it grasping at the ground hopelessly before stopping completely still.
Slowly he looked into the sky to see the two eagles weaving their way over the tree tops and a tear slid down his pale cheeks...
Old 06-23-2002, 06:58 AM   #303
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa turned to the elf and smiled.
"Thank you."She whispered getting up and wiping he blood off her face and hand."But it is not necessary."
She grapped her sword and sheathed it.The elf looked puzzeled.
"I cannot explain but do you know where they are heading?"
Old 06-23-2002, 10:59 AM   #304
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil looked around. The orcs still outnumbered the elves, and where was the commanders? Aman was gone, Ala nowhere to be seen, and Lindir was looking at some eagles. It seemed to him they were losing the battle.

Suddenly, the rage that had once filled his forefather Fingolfin filled Aduchil as well. He jumped into the middle of the battle, swinging his father's sword like a madman. The orcs began retreating, for his eyes were shining a terrible gaze. But the uruks were not easily intimidated. They surrounded him, seeing their chance to kill him when he stood alone.

The dwarven leader looked at the elf who sudenly had placed himself in a stupid position. But he also saw that Aduchil's charge had made a hole in the orcish army's ranks, and he issued his orders. Suddenly, the dwarves filled out the hole, dividing the orcs. Before the uruks could kill Aduchil, an axe was planted in their backs.

Aduchil looked around, and found new hope that they could win.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:48 PM   #305
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"AMAN!!!! NO!!!" Ala screamed, as the watched the the dark witch take her friend. She screamed as a new found anger serged her body, it was the undying hate for this witch. Her eyes turned black, and her hands glowed black, as she shot a flame at a few oncoming orcs.
"Where is Elenna when i need her?" She hissed, as Zephyros trampled 2 more orcs.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:11 AM   #306
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"So the ragged elven finally have the courage to mount a counter attack," snarled Azruk, " It is about time!"

"They are engaging the forward position of our orc army, my lord." an uruk soldier informed.

"Good! Those useless orcs had best earned their keep in this army."

"Elenna leads a force of 20000 strong or so as our spies report, my lord."

"A paltry number against the might of Sauron, even as we speak reinforcements in the thousands await across the far bank of the Bruinen." laughed Azruk, "Added to the number we have now, we will be invincible.... yet again."

"We have a million orc troops at the ready, and ten thousand of the elite fighting Uruk Hai led by the best warriors of Sauron!" grinned Ornahk, " We have a far stronger army than we had at our earlier assault. Those foolish elves rush on to their deaths."

There is loud laughter as the Uruk troops get ready. And as usual, Azruk astride Azalel, takes the attack from the front. The foward line of orcs would soon crumble under the advancing elf army, but they wil find as they have had before that the Uruk forces are another matter.

To arms!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:29 PM   #307
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa rushed o the battle field.She had no idea where that was but she was just following her head which seemed to know the way.
The trees thined out and te ground became muddy because of the river that flowed beside.Rosa has no idea where she was nor where aman and the rest of the elves where a the time and that time was wasting away.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:13 PM   #308
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The orcs began wavering and suddenly, they retreated. Some of the footsoldiers began pursuing, but Aduchil halted them. He didn't like taking charge, but he understood that he had to as long as the other commanders weren't there.

The archers were organized into lines on a hilltop. Aduchil himself took place among them.

"Lindir, you take command of the foot soldiers. Make lines in front of our archers. If they try to make a counter-attack, our archers will kill many of them before they can climb to hill to engage in melee fighting."

Lindir forgot about Aman for a while. Right now, he positioned himself at the front line, in order to take command on case of a counter-attack.

Aduchil looked around, with some confidence that they could win. If just Elenna would come and take charge. He wasn't comfortable having the responsibility.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:28 PM   #309
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna and Celebdae galloped out from the forest on Aduchil's left side.

"I've been scouting!" she shouted. "Yet again, they have superior numbers, damn them. But not much superior. Glorfindel is still out there" she gestured. An orc tried to drag her from the saddle, but she cut of his head with one sweep. "Fight on! Lead that platoon into Rivendell!" Elenna gestured to the group of Mirkwood archers. "Get them up on rooves!"

She ran off, fighting her way to where her other commanders were waiting for orders.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:12 PM   #310
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil took Elenna on her word. Lindir was gone, so he issued the orders himself. The elves stormed down the hill and into the valley of Rivendell. A few hundred orcs tried to stop them, but was overwhelmed. Soon, they reached the gates of Rivendell. But before they could attack further, the gate opened and out stormed an army of orcs and uruks. Soon, everyone was fighting, including Aduchil. The enemy outnumbered the elves, but he hoped that reinforcements could arrive so they could take Rivendell and fortify themselves inside.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:20 PM   #311
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Elenna saw Tiri fighting blindly, and she rode over to help her.
"Tiri!" Elenna called. The maddened witch turned her head, and then looked back as an orc tried to slice her head off, but she got to his first. 3 more came at her, and she screamed as one sliced a gash in her back. She raged on, and killed them all. The smell of orc flesh got to her nose and ran over to Elenna.
"She took Aman, Elenna." Ala said quietly, but her eyes told more.
"Who took her?" Elenna asked, a bit scared.
"That damn Thrakatburz. But the thing is, Aman went willingly." Ala screamed again, and set a tree to fire.
"Alateriel! CALM DOWN!! We don't need you to start a fire!" Elenna scolded her friend.
"And, i let her go, i watched, and she went, i let her go, and now we are one witch short, and one more enemy is added! ARGH!!" She swore her heart out. "This always happens, every one around me is cursed, or doomed, or evil!! I cant take this!!"
"Tiri, look at me." The witch looked up,"This does not always happen, and people are not cursed, or doomed, becuz of you. Now don't go all insane and scary on me, I need you, so go fetch Zypheros, and ride with me. I may need some help."
Ala did as she was told, and rode up next to Elenna. Yet, she did not feel in place, she kept thinking of what her mother had told her, "Thick as Theives"...

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 06-25-2002, 01:45 AM   #312
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk led a large contingent of Uruks into the battle, this time the elves appeaared more organised and easily cut through the orc wall of resistance. Azruk's dark eyes gleamed in evil glee, at long last a fight worthy of his savage expectation.

Uruk archers lined themselves behind the wall of orcs and let fly arrows. Narcis was sorely missed this day. Elves and Orcs fell hard and fast. Azruk rode in among the forward lines of elven forces, cutting down many. Suddenly he was faced by a brightly adorned elf, with long golden hair flowing majestically around him.

"Glorfindel!" snarled Azruk, an evil grin across his painted face.

"Azruk, you have plundered eno...," before he could finish, a massive fist plowed into his face, breaking bone and tooth at the same time. The majestic elf collapsed in a heap off his horse.

More frenzied elves fell on top of Azruk. The mighty uruk warlord easily fended him off. He felt strong, this was a good day to kill elf. As he rushed forward he found himself standing alone among a field of elven warriors and archers. His orc army had fallen and the rest were in retreat.

The Uruk was dumbstruck as the elves surrounded him. Arrows flew in from all directions and elvish swords rolled toward his neck. Azruk looked in rage at the elves that moved in.

Time moved at a slow pace around him.

Ooc - Let's have the newly converted Aman and Thrakatburz rescue the Uruk Warlord. Aman to prove her self and Thrak to win back Azruk's trust.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #313
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna and Tiri rode into the clearing just in time to see Azruk slam Glorfindel from his horse. Elenna started to gallop forward, but suddenly Tiri swerved Zephyros right into her path.

"Get out of my way!" Elenna screamed.

"No! Look - Glorfindel is fine. A little bloodied up, but fine. Fight your enemy later - we need you now."

Tears poured from Elenna's eyes, but she did as the witch said and rode off.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:18 PM   #314
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir watched the enemy blindly. Raising his arm he yelled over the commotion to the archers.
"Ready....Take aim..."
The archers strained their arrows ack, each sighting on an unfortunate member of the enemy.
"Fire!"
Hundreds of arrows shot out into the orcs and uruks. Lindir was not violent but right now anything would do to distract him. Raising his arm again he prepared the next wave.
"ready...."

-------------------------------------------------

Aman wheeled against the wind, the breeze whipping back her feathers. The two witches weaved in and out between each other and the tree tops. Glancing down carelessly Aman surveyed the battle below. So much elven death...yes they were paying for the people they had murdered...
Then an idea struck her, a way to truly prove herself and her new found ally.
"Thrakatburz my friend, where was Elrond taken, do you know?" She whispered into the others ear as she flew close. The other witch surveyed her, her eyes suspicious; Aman doubted she fully trusted her yet in case she turned on her.
"I might...why?" Her voice remained calm but she wasnt revealing anything. Aman smiled at the others nature.
"Well, I see a way for ME to prove myself, YOU to get back in his good books and to sort out Elrond, all by giving the Uruk a little present..."
Old 06-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #315
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

OOC: I don't think Aman and Thrak has time to save you, Azruk.

Aduchil helped Glorfindel to his feet. Azruk had disappeared when a wave of orcs launched a counter-attack.

"Thanks my friend. Come on, let us move forward into Rivendell." Glorfindel rushed forward into the heat of battle.

Aduchil issued orders, and soon a more ordered line of elven infantry marched forward. They were soon fighting all over Rivendell, pushing the few remaining Uruks back. In many of the houses, fighting could be heard, and Aduchil suspected Azruk was trapped inside one of them. But he had no time to look. For when he reached Bruinen, he looked at thousands and thousands of orcs. He quickly gave orders, and soon the elves stood in ranks, with the archers firing behind the footsoldiers. Lindir ran up next to Aduchil.

"What are we going to do? These orcs are more than we can handle, and I doubt that there are any reinforcements around."
"Lindir, you take charge. I have some arrangements I made earlier, and I need to see if they are ready. Have courage. Hopefully, I will soon return. Until then, stall things if you can. The more time you gain, the more time I will have to succeed."

Aduchil said goodbye and ran all that he could towards the forest. He prayed that his message had been heard, for if not, Rivendell would be in great trouble. But then again, it already was.

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 06-26-2002, 01:01 AM   #316
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk's initial surprise now abated, the uruk gathered his senses and retreated. He had under-estimated this elf army and now cursed himself. The entire Orc army had now been pushed back to the walls of Rivendell, but here they fortified the elven city as Uruk archers held positions atop towers and walls and rained down arrows.

Azruk enjoyed fighting at the lowest level, among the ground troops and hated this retreat. He had no inkling of where Thrakatburz was and if she was alive at all. The uruk suddenly spotted a halfling running around on the bloodied battle field. With a snarl he dashed after her.

Rosa, the hobbit, screamed and ran as the massive uruk closed in on her. Somehow Azruk felt that this little creature was the undoing of his army, the reason they were weakened and were falling so easily. He would snap her little neck and drink her blood. Just as he reached out to grasp her trembling little frame, a dozen arrows sank into his arms and torso. With a wild howl of pain and savage anger, the uruk turned and stumbled away, dodging more arrows.

Now a bleeding mess, Azruk made his way toward the walls of the citadel, finding the lifeless bodies of his commanders, Ornahk and Deshnok. He also got word of his troops by the bruinen being cut off by a force of elf warriors. There were no reinforcements to come. His wounds healed rapidly, but his hatred swelled. This was unexpected. The might of Sauron was invincible, his warrior brain found this hard to fathom. Why did his army of superior numbers crumble so easily. But no matter, they still held Rivendell.

Azruk rushed back again, his wounds now fully healed, into the heat of battle. He spotted an elf, one with flowing blonde locks who made short work of his orcs. With a great leap, he intercepted the elf maiden. She was Celebmundoiel, the heir of Galadriel, his hated enemy. She was already wounded and Azruk knew she was at his mercy. But the elf- maiden drew on reserves of impressive courage and strength and put up a good fight. Yet the uruk wore her down, his power and war skills being far greater. Having soon destroyed their weapons they resorted to use their bare hands.

Celebmundoiel inflicted deep wounds on the uruk and fought like a damned hellcat, much to Azruk's surprise, but she tired rapidly as her limbs grew heavy.Her body was sapped of energy yet her defiant spirit urged her to fight on. But the uruk's power was too great for her exhasuted form. With a swift twist of his wrist, the uruk snapped the elf maiden's delicate neck, blood trickled out of her eyes and mouth and she gasped, the uruk let her body fall from his grip, she was dead before she hit the ground. The elves who had witnessed this were awestruck; and then anger seeped into their psyches.

Elenna screamed aloud, and Azruk smirked, " You are next!" He shouted as he once again retreated into the walls of the city. The elf army pressed on as elf and orcs fell in vast numbers.

----------------

Ooc - Celeb's character is dead, we discussed it via PMs, now there are a few subordinate characers here too that should die. My commanders are dead, likewise so should any subordinates created by anyone else. It's War!
Old 06-26-2002, 04:23 AM   #317
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Holgarth was grateful to the elves for taking care of and healing him. He left Lothlorien a few days before to regroup what rangers he could find. Now with a force of 350 rangers, Holgarth rode towards Rivendell from the oposite side of the Bruinin.
There was a vast army of orcs in their way, but the bold rangers rode on killing any that attacked them. This effrontery of the orcs had gone on long enough and it was time to stop it at the roots.
The Rangers cut their way through the orcs and raced on toward where the elf army was assembled, fending off stray orcs all the while.
Holgarth finally reached where Elenna was waiting, Glorfindel was beside her. Aduchil nodded approvinly at the sight of the rangers and Holgarth spoke, " Elenna, my lord Glofindel, friend Aduchil, these are the rangers of the woods and forest, elf friends all, who have some to help you win this war. Together we will crush the foul minions of mordor."
Elenna smiled, it was good to have the wily rangers with them.
But Holgarth looked around for Aman and Fea, where were they, he wondered and where was the beautiful Celebmudoiel.
War was so depressing.

Ooc - I'm trying to fit Holgarht back in. Thanks for the help, Cimm.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:20 PM   #318
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The Two Witches had easily found where Elrond had been left, but it was even better than they had suspected- the elven lord was not even guarded and they were able to grab the still weak elf quickly, and arm in each of their talons. Aman fancied as she left that she saw hsi suposed guard running towards the glade he had been left in, devastated- well, of course he would be, it had been protected by magic...but short work to the Pair. Aman fancied he was Aduchil.

They flew over the battle scene and the scent of blood made them feel almost high as they flew with the weak elf in their grasp. Barely any on the battle field even noticed the strange sight...

The descended behind some elven huts, almost deserted, but Thrakatburz was experienced and knew that inside was Azruk and some of his few remaining commanders. In a flash they had changed back to elves and dragged the elven lord in the house, the feebly timbers of the weakened door flying into hundreds of splinters as Aman kicked it in. Thrakatburz turned to her with a look of mild questioning on her face. The other shrugged.
"I just wanted to make an entrance." Thrakat smiled approvingly at the younger witch.
The uruks had surprisingly enough noticed them by now and Azruk snarled as he saw the pair; the one with the red hair made him uncomfortable with her dazzling green eyes and the dark one had betrayed him. Aman expected to feel a number of things as she faced her previous enemy; Hate, fear, anger, adrenaline, her dying conscience....anything. But as she faced the Uruk all she felt was that cold disturbing indifference.
"Azruk we have a present for you!" Thrakat dragged forward the now unconcious Elrond...
Thrakat looked sly and smug
Azruk was thrilled; he had the key to sucess

But inside Aman something died...
Old 06-26-2002, 02:30 PM   #319
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir breathlessly rode up to Elenna. The commander was mildly surprised he didnt bow, but worried; he was always so polite and quiet. Then she saw what worried her even more; tears glistened in the elfs eyes as he panted.
"Elenna...they...they have...Oh Iluvatar..." Elenna was shocked at the use of the word but waited for him to catch his breath. He stedied himself and stared her in the eye.
"Elenna, they have Lord Elrond."
Elenna gasped sharply and her hand flew to her mouth.
"The scum leader demands to see you Lady. He wants...he wants to negotiate.
"Where is Amanaduial?" Elenna asked the question suddenly. It jarred Lindir- he could not tell her. He lowered his eyes and grabbed her hand. "I...Never mind, you must come."
As Elenna followed the flushed captain, she clenched her fists, muttering slightly to herself. Lindir simply rode on, oblivious to all around him; little did the elf maid know what he was feeling; he could still feel Amans mind, even deeper than she herself could and it cut him worse than any orc blade...
Old 06-26-2002, 02:46 PM   #320
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fëa rode towards Rivendell. On the way, she met up with Aduchil.
"So your not dead!" Fëa said.
"You expected me to be?" He asked.
"Well, your not as experienced fighter as I am. Anyway, why are you coming here?"
"I came to say that you are needed in war. Come with me to Rivendell.
---------------------------------
Once their, she walked into the first room she saw to see the damage done to the inside. There, she say the body of a female Elf with flowing golden hair, laying dead on the bed. She and Aduchil walked up to her. Fëa burst out crying.
"Celeb! No! Aduchil, It's Celebmundoiel. Azurk killed her. I know it. This means revenge. I will kill him."
Fëa looked in the dresser in that room that had not been destroyed. She got a clean dress out and but it over Celeb's bloody clothes. Fëa then slowly slipped the circlet off of her own head. She pulled the blankets up to Celebmundoiel's shoulders. She then grabbed Aduchil's waist and they said a prayer to protect the Elven army and thier allies.