The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2003, 04:42 PM   #81
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

The last time I slept, I had a dream with the characters from "Bored of the Rings" and Frito was playing dirty scrabble with Moxie, and Pepsi was yelling at me because I had done something wrong, and then I got really mad at him, and I said "oh, but I'm not really Isabel. I'm Serutan!" and he turned into Goodgulf and said "could I borrow an extra pair of white robes, I need to make a white flag", and then something weird happened, and we were all sitting at a table having dinner with my parents, except Farahslax and Bromosel who were under the table. And we were stepping on them [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Not directly LotR, but it's about the most famous parody of it yet [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #82
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

hmm I had a dream once where all the hobbits and I were sitting at a table in dunkin' donuts, drinking coffee and discussing etiquette... very strange
Old 05-15-2003, 06:23 AM   #83
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had this dream were I was running behind a warg and I was also being chased by a warg [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
And then I ducked into a little room where I met up with Gandalf, Shadowfax and Legolas. "How do I get rid of the Wargs?" I asked. "WE have to jump out of a window." Gandalf impatiently replied. "Yep. Sure. Whatever you say." I foolishly said.
Legolas didn't say anything, and I hopped up on Shadowfax's back, and we galloped off, with Legolas running full pelt right beside Shadowfax.
When we reached a window, we all jumped out in to a rushing waterfall.
*Sigh* still trying to figure out that one.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #84
SilverEmbers
Pile O'Bones

SilverEmbers has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Once i had this realy odd dream where orcs were attacking my school and we had to barricade the ddors, but at the last minute the fellowship members arrived in a helicopter to save us... bizzare, i know.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #85
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

I had another LOTR dream! I am really excited!

I was sitting on my bed(in my dream), and Gimli was telling me all about Mirkwood forest(?) and how Legolas loved me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . I got really excited at that part and then Gimli told me Legolas was waiting, and I asked him what he was waiting for, and he gave me a funny look and said "Why your wedding of course!". I started flipping out and "remembered" that today was our wedding day and all of the sudden I was in Lothlorien with Arwen, Eowyn, Galadriel, Rosie, and Elanor(Sam and Rosies daughter) and they were all helping me get ready for my wedding. Then for some reason, we got to the church and it was Arwen and Aragorns wedding instead, and then I found out that I was already married to Legolas and that we had three children, Ainatalwen(my youngest sisters elven name), Isilindil(my fan fiction characters name), and Aranathion(dunno where that one came from). We were all sitting together at the wedding when all of the sudden we were on a boat heading to the undying lands and Legolas and I were singing that sea song he sang in Return of the King.

Just as we were in sight of the undying lands, I woke up [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . By the way, I'm having lots of fun reading about everyone elses dreams(good to know I'm not the only one having weird ones [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:48 PM   #86
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Ring

Ya know, it's so extremely hilarious picturing all these LotR characters in places they wouldn't normally be AT ALL like school and in our everday lives (all in the dreams, of course). It's one thing when you dream about you YOURSELF being in ME with all the characters, but when THEY are HERE- Ha ha haaaaaaaa! There's reason to explode in laughter.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:21 AM   #87
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

I have had many LOTR related dreams, or sometimes something LOTR related will come into an otherwise non-LOTR dream. An example of the second: In this dream, I was at school and about to go home. It was extremely odd, as my school really is nothing like my dream, but anyway, I was in a parking lot walking with my friend and Frodo came running from behind one of the cars. I was scared because he was holding Sting and had almost the same expression as when he almost killed Sam in TTT. Also, there was blood on Sting. There was more to this dream, but it was not LOTR related.

Odd, I know. I have had way weirder dreams then that though. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #88
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Okay... I officaly have the record for teh wierdest dream, LotR or otherwise...

Okay, first of all me and teh fellowship were in burger king eating a meal. That isn't weird huh? Well it is for me because I'm a vegetarain and I never eat in burger king. And isn't Legolas one too? Any way, then we went to this pond place and I was on a thing like the brandywine ferry. And Gollum untied it. So I floated to the other side where the fellowship were. And then we all went into a broding school and it started to callapse. So me and the fellowship ran out and everyone followed us. It looked like the run from balins tomb. And that's not all. We all got out of the school (passing one of my school freinds playing on a computer) but the school fel down on top of everyone behind us. And that was like the bit from the book when they leave caradhras.

Anyway... Just thought you'd like to know...
Old 05-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #89
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just a bit ago, I had the strangest dream... LotR/Swim meet!

It all started in the locker room, with me talking to a beardless, young Aragorn. After a bit of chatting, we went out onto the pool deck, and into the middle of a battle. After slaying countless hordes of orcs, (in my swimsuit!) Eowyn gives a great, huge speech about our bravery and such.

Weird, huh?
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:46 PM   #90
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Yes.
I just recently had a dream which started off with me in a museum/place. I was looking at the Mona Lisa, and the nose began to twitch a little, and it started to scowl. That scared me for a moment (as you may think it would) and then I realized it was Sophia's avatar. And then a pumpkin colored cat jumped out and met a purple cat which came into the museum from the barn (I don't know how I knew that in the dream, but I did) and right away the purple one had kittens, 26 of them. And they were all really weird colors, too. I gave 1 to my parents, who loved it (I'm not sure if that would be their real emotion in real life) and named 5 after some of my 'real life' friends. So I was left with 20, and I named them all after BDers according to their character. It was a bit confusing, as I believe it's rather difficult to figure out a just born kitten's character, but still, I knew, and I don't remember the rest of the dream, except wishing that there had been more kittens, because I had too many names [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
That was a bit of a strange dream, don't you think?

~Menelien
Old 05-22-2003, 12:34 PM   #91
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had a bizarre dream about a month ago.

I was a Rohirrim (a guy, even though I'm a girl in real life) and I was riding a big black horse and thinking "oh my gosh! I'm riding a horse in full gallop and I only know how to ride in a trot! Whheeeee!". (In real life, I took riding lessons as a kiddie but only got to the 'trot' part.) ANYWAY, I was riding through this forest, when I came to a big red barn that was supposedly mine. I put my horse inside, when another Rohirrim came in and told me that my sister, Eolia, had died. He handed me this porcelian canister that was white with blue flowers painted on it. A bit porcelain flower made a kind of handle on the top.

Somehow, I automatically knew that she had been slain by orcs and that in this porcelian thing was her ashes. I dig a foot-deep hole and bury it, but the flower on the top sticks out. The other Rohirrim points this out to me.

"Oh well," I say, "It'll be fine." The Rohirrim says that the horses might trip over it and go lame, so I take it out and bury it somewhere else. (That sounds so horrible, but it's true! That's what happened!) Seven other Rohirrim come around the corner to tell me that we have to leave for our quest now, (Somehow I knew what this 'quest' was, but now I can't remember) so I go into the barn, but I can't find my faithful horse! They make me ride this brown old nag, saying they'll buy me a new black one in the morning. Then I woke up.

Weird, huh?
Maegaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:18 AM   #92
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I dreamed this just the other night.

Okay, for some reason the hobbits in the Fellowship are being chased by people who don't like them and want to get rid of them (not orcs). I was working in a 50's style diner and so I hid the hobbits behind the counter, then suddenly I and the hobbits are in the United States Army and we're at boot camp. The hobbits turn out to be the best at everything so they go to the war that we're fighting with Mordor.

All my LotR dreams are weird like that, only I've never had one that took place in the modern world before.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:03 PM   #93
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Excuse me for reviving this old thread, but I had the strangest dream the other night...

I was in this giant cave that reminded me of...Star Wars, strangly enough, and I heard that my best friend was kidnapped by Will Turner from Pirates of the Carribian, *Yeah, Orlando Bloom [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] * So she was sailing away with him, and it was up to me, Aragorn, Frodo, and Sam to save her...

We had to use boats, of course, but it was only two people to a boat. So there I was, with Aragorn in a boat and Sam and Frodo in the other boat. Now these weren't normal boats. They were...two pieces of rope, and you had to lie in between them and kick your feet...I have no clue where that came from... But...yeah.

All I remember was that we were kicking our way towards the sunset, with the pirate ship in the distance....and then I woke up. Never saved my friend...Hmmm...

Yeah. Thanks for reading. I just had to let it alllll out. My friends just rolled their eyes when I told them. Not that you guys aren't... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 01:51 PM   #94
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Hey!

I have a lot of LOTR dreams to, but am very bad at remebering them, no mather how much I want to... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Just a few nights ago, I had this really strange dream. I was at a little island with two orcs. I can't remember precisely, but I was given a number of tasks (one wich involves an army, like you see in the beginning of FOTR, doing a rather stupid line-dance to the music I was making with a harp... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ). It was really weird...

There's also another one, which was really great!!! But I can remember only the first part: I was sitting with my best friend on the couch in my living room. Then, out of the blue, two Black riders were coming through a corner next to it. The wall just dissapeard! Me and my friend were really scared, but we coudn't move. Then Aragorn and Legolas were storming in, though the front door (what a gents!). The yelled at us to go away, so we did just that. Aragorn and Legolas started to fight of the riders. I have a feeling that (Xen)Arwen also was there. Anyway, when the riders were deafeated, Legolas, Aragorn, my friend and me sat down at the kitchen table for something to drink and eat... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Pretty weird, I guess.

Ohayo!

Aethelwine.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:50 PM   #95
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I dreamed a while ago that Frodo turned into a small lizard, about three inches long, tail included. I yelled at him, because he wasn't supposed to be a lizard, and he became normal again. Then he turned back into a lizard, and I yelled at him, and he went back to normal. It just kept repeating until I woke up.

Another time I dreamed that I was chasing Gollum with the fellowshp because he had stolen the ring, and we finally caught him in a dog food bag. Legolas was mixed up with Will Turner (Legolas clothes, Will Turner hair, and a bow that shot swords) and he got mad at me for something involving fish fossils.(It was something dumb, but I can't remember what it was.)
Old 08-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #96
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Ok, I have had a lot of dreams most having to do with Lotr, some having to do with the cast.

Lotr: I walk outside of my house (which looks exactly like my house, yard, neighborhood etc.) and the ringwraiths are having a meeting on my lawn. Aragorn and I dress up as wraiths to join the meeting and spy on them. They start speaking in the black speech and half-way through the conversation my mom walks out and starts speaking like a surfer or something. (wierdest part) she says "Hey uh... dudes you know that like one ring or whatever. yeah it's like totally upstairs" but they decided to get it after the meeting, so I snuck upstairs and my mom's room looked like it had been it like a tornado. But in a clearing in the center of the room shining like the Sun out of clouds was the one ring. (it was kind of odd) So I picked it up and hid it in the bathroom under some Laundry. And went back to the meeting only to discover that no one was there. I went back to get the ring and hide it in a better spot. Then all of the sudden I was in this car in my driveway and my mom came up, opened the door and said "uh... yeah that like dude, the witchking or whatever is like lookin' for ya or whatever" So I got scared and ran into the street, but the witchking was standing there and he started quoting star wars (??) " Join me or die!" Me:"I'll never join you!" So this random guy popped out of the bush and I threw the ring to him, but he thought it was a like frisbee so he threw it back. I threw it to him again and said "No, put it on!" (??) and then I woke up.

Another dream I had was Gollum was after me so I thought of this ingenious plan of escape and started to leave, but I had to go back to get something. Last thing I remember before waking was me upstairs and being scared out of my mind hearing Gollum slinking and hissing up the stiars towards the door and knowing I couldn't do anything now to escape.

Another dream I had was vaguely lotr related. I was having a lightsaber fight with my cousin when all of the sudden someone from star wars (can't remember who) was talking about Gandalf, and I was amazed that s/he knew him.

The last one I had was Frodo was in this Tarzan type jungle house roon thing. (?) and he started tearing down these odd curtains and cussing and I thought "that's not in the book?" (I'm almost positive it was book, but it could have been script) and I woke up.

Cast:
Young Elijah was in the house that his "uncle" owned in Flipper only it was bigger and it had an elevator and these long winding stairs. Elijah was in the elvevator so I started running up the stairs to catch him. No matter how fast I ran I couldn't.

This second dream is also about Elijah: He came to my drama class to help us out and we were backstage kissing when another cast member opened the curtain and found us and started making fun of us. (I'm not one of those obsessed fans, I swear! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] )

Those were all so strange [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:34 PM   #97
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My latest one: I can't tell if the guy was Viggo or Aragorn, he seemed to be a strange combination of the two. He was going to the Oscars or something, and he wanted me to join him [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Me and him were standing by this corral with a horse in it, and out of nowhere he tosses me and apple and laughs "Grace, you shall be my apple bearer and escort me to the ceremony!" Then he turned around and was talking to someone else, and I suddenly had the urge to eat the apple, which I did. He turned around and noticed the apple was all bitten into and gave me the "Uh huh, and what is this?" look. I panicked and started motioning towards the horse and pointing at it, not sure why I was unable to speak. "Ah! Yes, we shall share with our fellow earth dwellers!" he says, then took the apple from me, broke off a piece and starts feeding the horse.

Next thing I know we're standing in the dark, and other people are there. He's giving a serious speech about 'what we need to do' and 'all middle earth depends on us'. Then he put his hands on my shoulders while he's saying all this, and kisses me. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Promise I'm not an obsessed Viggo fan, this was very odd. I'm still not sure why Aragorn was dressed in modern clothes and calling me his apple bearer LOL.

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #98
spirit_detective
Pile O'Bones

spirit_detective has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to spirit_detective
Question

ah, an lotr dream thread. okay here I go:

My first LOTR dream was really weird. Okay, I was running through this feild of tall grass because something was following me ( I recall it being Ringwraiths or something) all of sudden Tinkerbell (don't ask) shows up so I follow her. suddenly I'm on the ground and some orcs tried to run me over with a cement truck. and....that's it.
spirit_detective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:34 PM   #99
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Sting

This was a dream I had AGES ago...lets see if I can remember it...

I remember everyone getting ready for a huge battle with the Uruk hai...everyone had spears and stuff and the atmosphere was tense. We were in a base, by a hill in the middle of the forest and I remember being told that I had to go and fight the Uruk Hai too, but I was really terrified. Then I found out that I didn't have a weapon, so I'm marching with this whole army of people to the Uruk Hai with no weapon or armor. I was scared. The rest is a bit blurry but I THINK I got a bit of help from Gandalf and Aragorn. But I certainly remember the Uruk Hai...man they were scary... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #100
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Sting

Heh heh... I had a dream last night that I was Boromir's daughter... It was great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But we weren't in Middle-Earth. We were here, in Earth in modern times... But he still was Boromir, and he loved me as his daughter. *sigh* That was great. ...I wanna dream it again!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #101
spirit_detective
Pile O'Bones

Question

really? that's strange...in yet another one of my dreams I was Aragorns daughter and lived in modern times as well. I've always liked those types of dreams. (of course I also like the type where I keep falling on my face cause I can't feel it but....ya)
Old 08-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #102
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Sting

Okay…I had the strangest dreams last night…

I saw Frodo and Sam in a forest, riding ponies. It was dark and spooky, and there was the critical scary movie mist thing, curling up the street. Sam was riding up ahead, and turned back to see Frodo, but Frodo wasn’t there. Just then, a Nazgul came galloping down the road from the other direction. Sam went into the woods on the side to hide. The Nazgul emitted this eerie dark glow and saw Frodo. It started talking to Frodo, and neither knew who the other was. *Don’t ask* All of a sudden. This bright light comes down the road, and the Nazgul sees Frodo properly and realizes that he’s the Ringbearer. He lets out the Nazgul shriek. EEEEEEE! And Sam grabbed Frodo and ran down the street to a hotel. *Not an inn, a hotel* Butterbur ran from the other direction to distract the Nazgul.

The next thing I know, Sam is hiding in an elevator in the second floor of the hotel. Frodo hides in a tiny, cramped, closet. The thing is, this was all from Frodo’s point of view, so it was like I *was* Frodo… Across from the closet was a bathroom, which the Nazgul came out of. *I distinctly remember hearing the toilet flush and the wraith turning off the light when he was done…* Frodo/me, sitting in the closet, was terrified, and closed his eyes. The Nazgul came out of the bathroom, and all of a sudden, Butterbur and this group of random people ambush him and attack!

Another scene skip-now Frodo was fighting the Nazgul and my sister’s boyfriend, Greg. *don’t ask* [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sam was nowhere to be found, but we do know that the elevator broke, and he was in it while it broke, so Frodo thinks he’s dead. Frodo has two swords-pirate type swords, not the Middle-Earth type. Greg suddenly flies up into a corner of the ceiling and throws his sword at Frodo. Frodo throws his back and hits him, but Greg is still alive and stumbles toward him. Frodo takes a slash at Greg and kills him. Frodo is the only living person left.

Frodo, still me, and still quite shaken, stumbles to the door to find Sam, and Sam is there. Big happy reunion, complete with “I thought you were dead!”

Another scene skip, and Frodo is in the bathroom in front of a giant basket of glitter lip gloss… He sees a bottle of self-tanner and takes it, thinking he is too pale…

That’s it. It was really long, but really vivid. Weird, no? This has got to be my longest post. I’m proud!

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Amarantha_Daisy ]
Old 08-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #103
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Amarantha, that is so funny! And that's wierd, my sisters boyfriends name is greg too. *twilight zone music plays in background* hehe

I had a dream a while ago that aragorn saved me and I was mad and said "I could have saved myself!" It was odd..

[ August 16, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
Old 08-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #104
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have definitely had some LOTR dreams, but they are too complex and messed up to describe. However, I would LIKE to dream that I'm Aragorn and I'm leading the armies of the West straight at the hosts of Mordor. That would be sweet. Maybe if I think about it a few times before hitting the sack it will happen?
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #105
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

I had a dream where Eowyn was teaching me how to sword-fight in Edoras, when all of a sudden I was in a fencing class, in uniform, fencing with frodo and then aragorn came in, and Eowyn went to go stalk him, then I was in a movie theatre and the whole audience threw tomatoes at Arwen for usurping Glorfindel, then I was back fencing with Frodo, when Pippin and Merry came in, and sam was in the back cooking 'taters.... and then... I woke up! that was a pretty long sentence..

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
Old 08-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #106
spirit_detective
Pile O'Bones

Question

I've had many dreams that seem to foresee something that will happen in the future. Example: Before TTT came out I had this strange dream with this battle scene that I didn't really get. But then I went to see the movie and it turned out to be some sort of abstract segment from the attack where Aragorn gets thrown over the cliff. (it kinda scared me though)
Old 08-18-2003, 05:50 PM   #107
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was a hobbit. I was kissing Frodo in the Old Forest when his cell phone rang and there I was: trying to share a moment when the hobbit I was sharing it with is yacking away on his mobile! To whom he was gabbing I cannot say and the one thing I am still curious about is the cell phone....

A fantasy of mine has always been to play a role in some Middle-earth feature. And now... MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE!!!! EEEEEEEE!!!!!! My Theatre Arts class is putting on The Hobbit. We're using this monster dragon puppet for Smaug and the people playing trolls get to walk on short stilts. Oh, I hope I get casted into a good role!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #108
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I like Frodo, but not Elijah. For the record. I never have "those good dreams" about Elijah because he creeps me out for some reason I can't explain. Maybe it's his dorky hair....

I KNOW I've had some dreams about Frodo, Sam & myself, but I can't remember them. I think in one we were traveling across the Shire or something.

In my latest Middle-earth dream, my sister & I were dressed up like Nazgul, screeching, & saying, "Run, Frodo it's the Nazgul!" Funny thing is, Frodo wasn't even there. I laughed at myself about that one.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #109
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well. Here is the long-awaited Sandstorm Dream! (long-awaited because I dreamed it a long time ago and I haven't posted it yet. Heh heh.)

I dreamt that I was stuck in the outdoor rink of our town with Frodo, Sam, an old man and a camel. A sandstorm started up so the air turned orange, and when I inhaled it hurt my throat really bad. Then Sam said something, and Frodo yelled "Shut up, Sam!" and smacked him across the face (I think).
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 06:24 PM   #110
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

lol!! Elennar, those dreams about Frodo turning into a lizard and Gollum in a dog food bag sound just like the kind of dreams I have! This has nothing to do with LotR, but as an example of my weird dreams: my sister says she once caught me talking in my sleep saying, "Yay, kitties! Sssh!"

I think I dreamed something about Bilbo once. It was long ago. I think he was trying to coax me into marrying Frodo or something.

I've never had any Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, or Merry & Pippin dreams, but I'd like to. I think I remember dreaming something about Gandalf, but I'm not sure what happened in the dream.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:51 PM   #111
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

This morning, Frodo was just starting to wind his way into my dreams when my alarm went off. Bummer.

The night before last, I dreamed that the Barrow-wight (yes, our mod, Barrow-wight) was a half grown-up kitten. No offense, B.W! I think it was because of the dream I read that GaladrieloftheOlden had about kittens.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #112
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was at Helm's Deep and I was Legolas, which is strange enough. There was a lot of fighting going on (obviously).
I shouted "I'm off!" And ran out to this gate out of Helm's Deep. Haldir was standing there and asked if I really wanted to abandon my friends. I wanted to say no but I said yes. Haldir said " I usually give people who stay a sheild and ((said something else I cant remember))"
I cried out "A sheild!? I'm staying!!" And I stayed and nanced around =[)

And then later on I found Aragorn and he was a stripper...(don't ask). I asked if he'd come round and perform for me and my friends and he said no. Heehee. Weird.

Yours dreamily

~Naurwen
Old 08-30-2003, 01:50 PM   #113
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I *assume* that I had a LotR/BD related dream two nights ago, as I woke up yesterday morning with names of various BDers and LotR characters scribbled messily down my arm. (I fell asleep over my summer Hebrew homework.)

Swan song,
-Menelien
Old 08-31-2003, 05:09 PM   #114
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Lily, have you read the script for the Hobbit yet? You might not be so thrilled when you do...

I keep dreaming that I'm making a post on one of the RPGs I'm in, then I turn around and suddenly I'm my character and in the RPG itself. It's really weird because most of my current character's are guys and I am most definitely not. Also it's weird seeing this computer in the middle of Greenwood the Great...

Also, I recently dreamed that I was someone else's character and I married mine. That was just...odd.

The rest of my LotR dreams are too garbled to put here.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:42 PM   #115
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

a couple of nights ago I had a Lotr related dream. It is kind of fuzzy, but I remember Gandalf on Shadowfax and my action figures sitting in my room. Then I was looking through these ID's (not sure what kind, like drivers licenses or something) of some of the characters. I remember Boromir and Faramir for sure, but I'm not sure about who else I was looking at. Anyway, I was reading Faramir's and it said he was looking to marry a cat (???!?!?!) and so I thought about marrying him off to my cat [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

uh..dont ask
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
Old 08-31-2003, 08:20 PM   #116
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Last night I dreamt this boy spoke to me over the net and asked me if I wanted to battle our LotR action figures. I said I would, but I had to find them first. Aragorn was on the floor so I picked him up and put him on the table and went to find the rest. I ended up going outside and walking down my street to find the action figures when suddenly I saw a box on the ground (randomly)!
I ran over to it, hoping it was a LotR action figure, but instead it was a new weapon for one of them. It was this cool stick/sword thing. I picked it up and went home.
I asked mum if she had seen my Boromir figure anywhere and then she produced it from nowhere and gave it to me. It was still in the box, but it had a long grey beard, which baffled me. But then I though "Oh yeah, I must have taken the beard off of Gandalf and put in on Boromir. Makes sense..."

That was my exciting, eventful and adventurous dream!

Yours excitedly,

~Naurwen
Old 09-02-2003, 07:29 AM   #117
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

sheesh I had another one.

I was jogging down the street with my friend when a mini-van pulls up. Gandalf is driving and Legolas, Eowyn and Gimli are in the passenger seats. I hop in (my friend disapeared) we drive to this nieghborhood and Pippin and Merry are there. Gandalf tells Merry that Pip wants to stay here, so after a tearful goodbye we all depart to pick up Frodo and go back to Middle Earth.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:52 AM   #118
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Last night I had the weirdest dream...

At first I was in college, and the archaeology lecturer was my father. I went to take a shower, but the cubicle became invaded by young girls who were smoking. I told them to get out and that I was the archaeology lecturer's daughter, but they weren't impressed.

Then the college turned into Minas Tirith, and I was in the palace. It was invaded by soldiers, and the enemy king and his wife, so I ran to wake up my father, who turned out this time to be Denethor. (And the cupboard where the shower cubicle was was now occupied by Faramir and a random girl who were making out...) I tried to impress the enemy king by telling him that I was the Steward's daughter, but that didn't work.

Then I woke up.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:10 AM   #119
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, last night, I dreamed that Aragorn, Legolas, Elrond and myself were exploring the woods down by the lake at my home, when we came upon what looked like some boards nailed to the ground. Aragorn ripped them up, and it turned out to be some sort of well. He was bending down to look inside, but he bent too far and fell in. Legolas was shouting after him, and he also leaned too far in and fell. Then Elrond started yelling at me to go get some rope.
So I ran home and looked into the garage, and miracle of miracles, I actually found something I was looking for for once.
I took the lenghth of clothesline back, and Elrond and I hauled the unlucky two out.

Definitely one of the wierder LotR dreams I've had.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #120
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

I had this dream a while back, but I still sort of remember it.
Elijah Wood and I were at this weird party thats on an open field on the corner of this busy street that seems really familiar to me. We decided to go across the street (I think we were going to get snacks?) and I was walking down the sidewalk, but Elijah lost sight of me. He then jaywalked across the street, and I yelled" Elijah no!" while several cars swerved out of his way, thankfully not hitting him, but he fell to the ground anyway, and whole crowd of people ran to the street to see if he was ok. I tried to get to him to see if he was ok but the people wouldn't let me through. Then I woke up.

What's even weirder was that I don't even like Elijah.