Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 05:26 AM   #1681
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
*"Whining"? : )*
Just making fun of you, as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
But it was probably good that I had the reason to write what those landlords and their soldiers are so that we'd all be at about the same wavelength with them (and that doesn't mean all our characters would have to share the same POV - just that we writers see it).
Yes, I think it was good you wrote that (somehow I managed to leave that out from my whining ).

And just in case it isn't clear from my post, the ones in the hall are: Saeryn and Thornden (of course) and Raedwald and Matrim as the "senior" "officers" () and Ginna and Modtryth as servants (although Ginna is right now to serve ale with Kara) + the three landlords and their advisors (probably one advisor each). Any protests/suggestions about the people present are welcome.

PS. Eönwë and Gwath, when you have time, please come up with bios for Wilcred and Raedwald.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #1682
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It all sounds good. I really don't know where to go from here. I wouldn't mind if Nogrod wrote another over-arching post that described what happened in the meeting and we simply had done. But if others want to play this out, it's all good.

-- Foley
Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #1683
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*is soon going to spam the four tentative writers to get some bios and greetings to the thread*

Nerindel, if you're around, mind doing bios for Balvir and Matrim?

And pio, if you could add Balvir and Matrim to Nerindel's characters for although mostly used as minor characters/NPCs, they're still in the hall and they should not be missing from an official list.

Actually, I wonder if we also should make some NPC list and add there Osmund and Athelstan and a description: two young soldiers.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #1684
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
*is soon going to spam the four tentative writers to get some bios and greetings to the thread*
Oh dear, good thing I beat you to that... Not that I have a bio but I got a little further toward one, eh?

Anyway, I'm going to be one of the new arrivals at the Meadhall - Athanar's 'right-hand man,' in fact, if he will accept me.

A bio will come very soon...

Thanks again for the opportunity!

-Dury
Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #1685
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Love you Dury!

You're warmly welcomed!

And the right-hand man was just whom we needed the most!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
I really don't know where to go from here. I wouldn't mind if Nogrod wrote another over-arching post that described what happened in the meeting and we simply had done. But if others want to play this out, it's all good.
I was actually thinking the landlords would have just sat on their horses and after exchanging a few words going off with scorn... or something.

But now as they have been forced into some real discussion we should probably play it out at least a few posts...

So let me see you writing something on it - just reactions, feelings, the household stuff being busy with serving - or Foley writing something Saeryn or Thornden woulds say to them as opening lines.

I will try to bring things forwards in something like 24 hours... not necessarily to the end of the discussions but at least making a post for the landlords (and trying to take into account all that you others have written by that time).

PS. Foley: If you can't write a post for Saeryn or Thornden, you could PM me any points or phrases / wordings in which they would address the landlords or which arguments they would make...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #1686
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Anyway, I'm going to be one of the new arrivals at the Meadhall - Athanar's 'right-hand man,' in fact, if he will accept me.
His right-hand-man, hey, hey? Good! You'll make him be an interesting antagonist for Thornden, I'm sure. I was eager to see who played that character, since he will be taking Thornden's place and therefore getting into Thornden's particular way.

Nogrod, I'll post today sometime. I'm not quite sure what to have them say, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #1687
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Nogrod, I'll post today sometime. I'm not quite sure what to have them say, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Go ahead.

I'll postpone mine to see first what you wrote.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #1688
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Whoops. I didn't make it. Post, if you want to. I'm at school now and won't be able to post today after all. Sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #1689
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll try to write something in the evening (+3GMT) as I have a busy day ahead. If anyone has time or a wish to write something, just go on with it.

Let's get this wrapped up as we have new people waiting to get themselves to write in.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #1690
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Here's my bio...let me know if it looks okay.

NAME: Coenred (Coen) son of Eadric

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 35ish, Male, Eorling, spent his family life in a village to the east of Edoras fairly close to the Entwash, but later spent much of his time in Edoras.

APPEARANCE: Reddish-blonde hair, which is naturally quite wild with lots of cow-licks that he can do nothing about, and a slightly darker (heading toward reddish-brown) beard to down below his throat. Hazel eyes. He is quite tall, but not of very large build. The majority of his strength is in his long legs - he is still an excellent runner. He has what some people call a "wicked grin," but he has no idea what they mean by it.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: He answered the call of duty during the War of the Ring, and fought (if it could be called that, he always says) in the Pelennor fields as essentially a farmboy recruit. He owes his life to Athanar, who saved him in the battle. He is extremely dedicated to Athanar, and admires him greatly. After the War, he spent much time in service (though not close service) to the new king Eomer, as Rohan regained its strength. He rose steadily in the ranks of the Rohirrim, as his nature made him a well-disciplined soldier, and he was always well-loved by his men. In this time he also attempted to serve Athanar in any way he could, because he felt he owed him great service in return for his life and because he greatly respected the man.

(Outward) humility is extremely important to Coenred - partially because he is a man who takes the ideas of pride and shame very seriously. He is happy being in the service of someone, and is not a seeker of power - however, he would never truly deny an appointment, such as the one given to him by Athanar, because of his pride and the desire to please. He does not come across as a very intelligent man, but he is. He understands that he should take what is given to him to maintain and upgrade his position, even though at this point in his life he has no one to tend to but himself. He is by nature a 'workaholic.'

Athanar, has chosen him as his 'right-hand man,' placing him in charge of the new Eorl's men.

- - - - - -

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by Durelin; 10-22-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #1691
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
NAME: Rćdwald

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 29, male, Eorling man from Edoras (Though originally from the Mid-Emnet).

APPEARANCE: He is taller than average, and a muscular man. His eyes are still sharp and keen, and he hasn't got the weight of the war on him that the older soldiers have.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: He was originally brought up in the countryside of the Mid-Emnet, but at age 13 ran away from home and moved to Edoras to try to become a soldier in the king's guard.

A year later, he tried to join the forces gathered to fight the Pelennor Fields, but was not accepted into the army because he was too young at the time. He has had training, but has never actually participated in any fighting.

After continuing to hassle the king (Eomer now, even after the war, which made it unnecessary) to be in his guard, King Eomer eventually sent Rćdwald to join the fledgeling Lord Eodwine to help him organise his Eorldom, as he had previously lived in the Mid-Emnet.

Now that he's back in the Mid-Emnet, he thought he would feel back at home, but now he has realised that Edoras has become his home, even if he was born in the Mid-Emnet. Places and people have changed, and he is just as much a stranger to it as any new arrival.

He is ambitious and determined, and likes to have his own way, but as a soldier he has learned to hide these qualities- mostly. He resents being sent away and sees it (rightly) as a way of getting rid of him, but he tries to make the best of any situation.

--------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-22-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #1692
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have posted a brief post. Let me know if it's realistic. If so, I'm ready to move on, if everyone else is.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #1693
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ooops!

A long time and no posting, then basically cross-posting three posts!

Okay. Let's read them and check for any discrepancies and how to combine them...
Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #1694
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

With a first glance Groin's post is okay eg. it fits well with Foley's and mine.

Foley: we could possibly emerge our posts into one? I think there are no discrepancies as such but we could trim it into one post for the story's sake.

I have no time for it right now as it is 1AM and I have an early morning call, but for my part we can call it a deal now and edit the posts in a day or two.

Anyone else wishing to make their contributions to the situation? Please write what you have in mind for your characters.

The next thing I think would be that the landlords and their party would leave. And if you want to write for any reactions after they have left, feel free to do it. I'll try to bring up a post at the weekend that will introduce the new people in (and jump in time like two weeks or something).

How would that sound?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #1695
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Foley: we could possibly emerge our posts into one? I think there are no discrepancies as such but we could trim it into one post for the story's sake.
I haven't looked at your post yet, but yes, we can probably merge them.

Quote:
The next thing I think would be that the landlords and their party would leave. And if you want to write for any reactions after they have left, feel free to do it. I'll try to bring up a post at the weekend that will introduce the new people in (and jump in time like two weeks or something).

How would that sound?
Do you mean to introduce the new landlord and his train? I would think that would take a lot longer thatn 2 weeks. Maybe more like a month. That is the least time I would give it.

I'll go look at the posts...

-- Foley
Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #1696
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Also if there's a one month jump it makes it a lot more plausible for my characters to arrive rather than me still having to wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed before they get the word there's a problem, take care of pressing business at home, make travel arrangements, etc.

So I vote a month so I can start playing again.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #1697
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
An idea

Since lots of the new characters are coming from Edoras, Lithor can bring some with home on his return journey of Edoras. Eonwe's, Dury's, and a few other characters I believe, have talked about King Eomer assigning them to Lord Eodwine, so it would make sense.

I think I'll start a post for Lithor (two days should be enough time to get to Edoras). If it's alright Nogrod/Lommy, some of the new characters could converse with Lithor, Balvir, Ćđel, and Wilcred when they arrive.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #1698
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I've sent Nogrod a PM with a mixed and fixed up randition of our posts. I've left it up to him to post it, when he has fixed it to his satisfaction. I have also removed my old post.

-- Folwren
Old 10-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #1699
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thanks Foley also in public!

A new post to appear there hopefully quite soon.

I'll be commenting on the general suggestions after finishing with the post first....
Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #1700
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A new post is in for the discussions between the landlords and Saeryn & Thornden. It's much better either of the two posts were initially. Writing things with two minds working on it is just great! And the situation looks interesting indeed right now.

What comes to the timeline I'm all for taking a jump of a month in gametime. It is more plausible and as Fea said, it helps also her to write Degas and Rowenna back in time.

What comes to Groin's suggestion that Lithor would already take some people back to Scarburg I'm kind of ambivalent towards. If you think it a good idea then you should do it.

The slight reservation I have against it is that king Eomer would then have had a reason to send someone to the Mead Hall before he has any time to think about what to do with the Mead Hall in general or whether he should act on it in the first place as lord Eodwine is still ill in Edoras. Maybe he recovers and nothing needs to be done?

So if you come up with a reason why he should do that go for it.

Also Foley should think if Saeryn wishes to visit lord Eodwine in Edoras - before he is taken to Minas Tirith (which Saeryn naturally doesn't know in advance).

But whatever we decide there is now room for a few posts if you want to write them, like...

- Lithor & co. at Edoras.
- Saeryn visiting Edoras.
- Anyone discussing or doing something at Scarburg as the landlords go away / after they have gone.
- The Mead Hall people receiving the food-aid from the landlords (they would not personally deliver that to be sure but some of their workers would).
- Degas and/or Rowenna hearing the news.
- Degas and Rowenna coming back to the Mead Hall.
- People of the Mead Hall discussing their future with the landlords / the fate of lord Eodwine.
- Whatever you come up with...

So actually anything you might think of before the new eorl comes.

I only would like the new eorl -stuff to be a secret to everyone's characters. It's a lot more fun to enter them if the "Scarburgians" don't know they're coming. More interesting reactions to write...

Maybe we will not make a deal that the new eorl will be written in during the weekend to come? Especially if some of you had time to write a post on the current situation - or anything between the "now" and the entering of the new eorl - during the weekend.

I can think of that initial post during the weekend and post it (early) next week.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #1701
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:

I can think of that initial post during the weekend and post it (early) next week.

Sounds fine. I will post for Saeryn sometime in the mean-time. For now, school is pressing.

-- Folwren
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #1702
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Come, have some fun with us! Durelin has put together a short, informal game just in time for Halloween.

Wight Fright: “Fog on the Barrow–Downs”

All are welcome! Please read the Discussion Thread first; then dive into the game.

Discussion Thread – HERE

RPG Thread - HERE
Old 10-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #1703
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm sorry it took me more than a few days to get back to this. Before anything, I would like to express how proud I am of all of you for getting this back on track after its not-so-brief hiatus.

So for the past few days I've been without internet access out of necessity and choice, which is why I wasn't able to get Lommy's giant nudge over Facebook right away. I realise that it's only going to be more difficult than that to force me to (at the very least) get me over here so...

*sighs* This is tougher than I thought.

Even if I had the time or energy, I know I won't be able to write for Harreld. When I developed Ginna, it was with the idea of writing with Elempi in mind. I could never write for Harreld the way Elempi did, and I can't even imagine trying. If ever, someone else would have to take over.

Moreover, I don't want to let go of Ginna, really. She's the most long-lived character I've had thus far, and more than that, some of her experiences during her time in the Mead Hall have paralleled mine in real life. I'm sure you all understand why that makes it so much harder for me to cut ties with her (I won't even consider having her killed off).

But I can't go on ignoring the fact that I can't commit to this as much as I'm expected to anymore. It would be unfair for me to keep on keeping you waiting for me to post when I know I can't - or if I tried, it wouldn't be up to my standards. Right now I'm at a loss with what to do with her (and him), so I'm open to suggestions.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #1704
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lhuna,

I would say, don't drop your characters. Leave them there, and come write for them when you can! Give us a general direction that they're going to be taking, so when we mention them, we know what's going on, but come back to write on occasion, please!

And I hope the Holloween game doesn't stall this Scarburg game.

I want to post for Saeryn tomorrow.

-- Foley
Old 10-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #1705
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Here is Balvir's Bio I'm not sure howoften I will be able to post but when I can I will

Name: Balvir of Ithilien (Captain and friend to Mordavim of Arnen)

Appearance: Balvir is not only taller than Matrim he is also broader in shoulder and has large muscular arms which make him a formidable opponent to face weather with blade or bow. As a seasoned Ranger of Ithilien he is always aware of his surroundings, making his deep blue eyes appear ever vigilant. His dark hair currently lemon rinsed a dirty blonde frames his weather worn features to sit neatly just below his broad shoulders and recently he has taken to growing a bread which sits darkly on his oft stern face. He also has burn scaring down his left shoulder.

Like his younger companion he is also dressed in the fashion of a Rohirrim guard, but unlike Matrim he would not be parted with his Ithilien blade, to all appearance it would seem non-descript; even ordinary; but carefully and delicately etched down the centre of the blade on both sides are the names of friends and loved ones lost to war and injustice. Among those names are his wife and three children lost to him when the dark horde of minas morgal began to rape the rich farm lands of Ithilien. Also and yet unknown to young Ćđel is her father’s name, who had been one of Balvir’s closest friends. Balvir also carries an Ithilien long bow and a short knife.

Character: Balvir is true and extremely loyal to those he calls friend and although he can often be quite serious in nature he is not without a sense of humour. Ever vigilant is a motto he and many other rangers live by and it has helped keep him and his companions alive. Balvir’s main charge at the moment is the Protection of Ćđel, but the honourable man that he is feels indebted to Lord Eodwine and as such has fledged his allegiance to the lord for the length of their stay, providing of course that it does not compromise Ćđel’s safety.

History: Balvir was once a family man with three children and a wife he loved dearly. Like his father and his father before him he farmed the lands Northeast of Osgiliath across the Anduin, close to Ithilien’s majestic forests. But one autumn night just after a particularly fruitful harvest Balvir's farm was raided by orcs, they sealed him in the barn where he had been unloading the last of the harvest and set it alight. The flames quickly engulfed the dry crop but Balvir’s only thought was his family and that he must get to them. He threw all his weight against the burning doors until they finally gave way, still coughing and spluttering from the smoke and unaware of how badly burnt his left shoulder was, he looked up to see smoke coming from the farm house and with a cry he grabbed the heavy axe from the nearby chop block and ran , his heart had thudded so loudly in his ears that he had not heard the whistle of arrows that came from the forest nor had he cared when men garbed in green and browns charged out of the forest into the quickly retreating orcs. His only thought was to find his family, one orc then another fell under the swing of his axe but as he was about to run head long into the burning building someone grabbed him and wrestled him to the ground, it took several more men to subdue him when he was told that his family was dead.

It had been Aeol’s father (Arethil) who had wrestled him to the ground and Matrim’s Father (Mordavim) who had given him the bad news and it was those same two men that saved his life, for Balvir in his anguish was ready to hunt down every last orc, a feat that undoubtedly would have lead to his own death. Instead Arethil and Mordavim helped him to bury his dead and convinced him to come to Henneth Annun, where they became close friends and experienced rangers of Ithilien . Balvir even became captain of Mordavim’s house after the war.

- - - - - -

Linked ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-27-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #1706
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I posted...but it was a very 'blah' post, and I really didn't accomplish anything except getting Saeryn to Edoras. Perhaps when I have more time, more energy, and more inspiration, I'll write about how she speaks to the king or something...

-- Foley

P.S. That is what needs to happen, right? She needs to talk to the king about the guys not paying their taxes, and then he'll send someone in Eodwine's place?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #1707
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Good to see you back on track Nerindel!

Quote:
That is what needs to happen, right? She needs to talk to the king about the guys not paying their taxes, and then he'll send someone in Eodwine's place?
Well, it need not happen but it could... Like you can all presume, the landlords would pay a visit to the king as well at some near future and present their view of the case as well (which will be behind the scenes of the thread anyway).

But the fact that Saeryn might be able to present her case first might affect Eomer's perception of things.

Anyway.

Sorry but the pile of essays I had to grade basically took the whole weekend and I have not been able to write anything. I'll try to write the new eorl in within a few days...

Meanwhile the old writers might still add some posts. I had some suggestions on what they could be a few posts back there - and Foley could either continue on her own in Edoras or co-write something with Lithor & others there.

Speaking of which, sorry Groin, you had a nice idea but I have no time to write for Athanar any additional posts even if your guys were overnight there... if I wish to write the new eorl in as soon as possible to get the new writers in. So maybe it would be better that Athanar and his nearest household were somewhere off (maybe some servants would have lodged you for their kind heart or something)? And in a way it would be more interesting if they would be total strangers to the people in the Mead Hall as they arrive? I don't know.

Happily all this kind of orchestrating the turns of the plot will be over and the normal game will start / continue in a few days!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #1708
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. If you Fea wish to write Degas and / or Rowenna in, this might be the time - or do you wish to wait until the new eorl is in?

Yes, the thread is still on the same day / the next day when lord Eodwine fell ill but the next post I will do will take us forwards a month... So you Fea could also jump forwards a bit if you wish...

Somehow I think it would be better if they were there already when the new people arrive, but your choice / RL timetables to be sure...
Old 10-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #1709
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Would you like me to do a time jump with Degas and Rowenna? I can bring them in/move time forward, and then you can bring in the new Eorl?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #1710
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Would you like me to do a time jump with Degas and Rowenna? I can bring them in/move time forward, and then you can bring in the new Eorl?
How about if you waited, let's say to Tuesday, and posted Degas and Rowenna in then? That way anyone could have time to make any additional posts they would like to do before that storywise.

Then anyone wishing to greet the two would have like a day or two (Tue - Wed) to post a hello-post for their characters and I could then either move it one day further (gametime) or write the new people in while the people are greeting their old friends?

Would that sound okay? Then we'd have clear timelines and all the new players would know they can start writing on let's say Thu-Fri onwards?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #1711
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Sounds good.

Anybody who wants to finish up this 'Day' has until Tuesday evening (though it's not like I can't edit you in later if need be) when I'll move the time line forward.

After which the New Folks will be joining us.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #1712
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Great. I'm getting really excited about this.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #1713
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The few next days are a busy mess for me, but after that I should have time - so alert me when action starts! *is looking especially at Nogrod*

PS. Great bio for Balvir, Nerindel, it's always nice to get to know old characters better.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #1714
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Someone repped me for my post and didn't leave their name. Could they please PM me, I think we just found something in common!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #1715
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Sorry, that was me.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #1716
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Yay Groin!

We need to get that grumpy old man on board! What a character! Just a few lines and I can see him alive before me! * Great job!

If no one will wish to take him I'll do it, but for now he is up for grabs...

And what a post... how can one wed Shakespeare, Hair-musical and an old rohirric soldier in one post that neatly? Just awesome!

* like Senilix in Asterix cartoons...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #1717
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Here is my bio for the daughter of the new Eorl and his wife. If there is anything that needs to be changed please let me know.

NAME: Ćdre

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 12, female, Eorling, originally from Edoras

APPEARANCE: Ćdre is a nice combination of her parent’s features. She is growing and will probably be as tall as her mother one day. She has her mother’s blond hair and her father’s quiet power. She has the grace and poise expected of her and blue eyes.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Ćdre is the youngest child and five years younger than the younger of her brothers. Since she is the baby of the family she is used to getting her own way. She also has a hard shell from the constant torment of her older brothers. She was never really able to fight back against her older brothers so she can take out this aggression on children younger than herself and many see her as a bully. Her one passion is for horses and she sees them as the one creature with which she can be herself. She is mainly attention seeking to try and find the understanding that she never really found with her family.

- - - - - - - - -

Linked ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-27-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #1718
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Yay Groin!

We need to get that grumpy old man on board! What a character! Just a few lines and I can see him alive before me! * Great job!

If no one will wish to take him I'll do it, but for now he is up for grabs...
When beginning this post, I was actually thinking about taking on a new grumpy character. In the end I decided against it. I don't want him, he's yours as far as I go.

Speaking of new characters, welcome Nienna! We definitely need an active girl in the RPG. Give those boys another reason to fight.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #1719
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Ćdre is the youngest child and five years younger than the younger of her brothers. Since she is the baby of the family she is used to getting her own way. She also has a hard shell from the constant torment of her older brothers. She was never really able to fight back against her older brothers so she can take out this aggression on children younger than herself and many see her as a bully. Her one passion is for horses and she sees them as the one creature with which she can be herself. She is mainly attention seeking to try and find the understanding that she never really found with her family.
A twelve year old girl who may be a bully, wot wot? Sounds fun. Looks like Javan and the boys have something new cut out for them. They won't quite know how to deal with this.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #1720
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Looks like Javan and the boys have something new cut out for them. They won't quite know how to deal with this.
Exactly! I love the idea!

And good to see you Nienna taking that role!

Just a few days and all this will break loose...