The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2001, 09:54 PM   #1
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Eowyn's role changed, too

Just check this out:<P>Jeff Giles: As females in the "LOTR" books go, I always thought Eowyn was much, much cooler than Arwen--she goes into battle dressed a man, falls into a pretty heartbreaking love triangle, etc--so I’m glad you asked. Eowyn is played by an Australian actress named Miranda Otto. She’s not in the first movie obviously and I’ve only seen tiny clips of her from the second, but unless Jackson somehow screw things up she should come out of this movie a star. While I was interviewing people from "LOTR", I heard some interesting rumors about Eowyn’s role. <B>Apparently the screenwriters have invented a little subplot for her character: a sort of human-interest thing that they can cut to during the very long Battle of Helm’s Deep. I’m not going to tell you exactly what it is because I dont think even the filmmakers know if it will wind up in the movie or not—plus hardcore Tolkien fans would give Jackson endless grief about it in the chat rooms. On a totally random note, I jokingly asked Liv Tyler if there was any tension between her and Miranda Otto because their characters were both in love with Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), and she laughed and said, "Well, we didn’t hang out." </B><P>to read the whole article go to: <A HREF="http://www2.tolkienonline.com/docs/5566.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www2.tolkienonline.com/docs/5566.html</A>
Old 12-10-2001, 01:28 AM   #2
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
She steals Bob from Legolas and runs off with Gimli, but don't tell nobody, ok
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote