The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
WW CV: They Should Make a Movie About This! (Admin Thread)

In a remote area of the world, high in the inaccessible peaks of the Andes Mountains, was the location of a man with a plan. The high glen, though barely 2 acres in area, was the site of a forbidding, fortress-like structure. Boxlike, grey, and windowless, the most remarkable feature was its roof, a dome rather resembling the top of a planetarium. Sheer cliffs fell away from the glen on all sides. Inside this incongruous construction, one occupant worked devotedly for a cause. As he checked and re-checked equipment, Professor Inzil reflected on the monumental task he had undertaken. He was, if successful, going to change the world. and this time there would be no stopping him. He still got a chuckle, though, thinking on his implausible from certain death on a previous project. "Can't keep a good scientist down," he said aloud, smiling grimly. All was almost ready. His crew should be arriving shortly, and then the long-considered plan would come to fruition....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Hello, one and all. This game will be traditional.

Roles:

Dreamer (Seer)- Each Night may choose a target and be told that person's Role.

Guardian (Ranger)- Each Night may choose one person to protect. May not self-protect, and may not choose the same target two consecutive Nights.

Maniac - If targeted for a Night-kill, takes a random baddie with them. If lynched, randomly takes one of their voters along with them.

Crew (Ordos)- Standard cannon-fodder who choose candidates during the Day for elimination.

Moviephiles (Wolves)- Collaborate at Night and choose a target to eliminate. Numbers determined by total number of players.

Rules:

Every player is required to vote at least every other Day. Failure to vote for two consecutive Days results in modfire without a valid excuse.

In the event of a tie vote, the last player receiving the total is eliminated.

Innocent side wins when all Moviephiles are eliminated. The latter win if their number ties the number of remaining Innocents.

As usual, all active players should remain Invisible at all times. Discussion of the game by eliminated players in the Admin Thread while the game is ongoing is frowned upon.

Any input on Roles and Rules is always encouraged.

DL: 0200 GMT

Signups are closed.

Players:
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Legate
Nogrod
Shasta
Greenie
Kath
Boro

Last edited by Inziladun; 05-29-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sign me up!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yes please! I can only really Werewolf over the evenings, but I so wish to play. Sign me up!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #4
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sign me up. I can't guarantee that I'll have a lot of time to spend on WW, but there's nothing at all foreseeable which could make me drop.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Excellent! The target is 12 players, to allow for three baddies.

I altered the Maniac a bit, taking out the correlation with a Hunter. He really isn't a Hunter, since he takes no active role in who dies. As a matter of fact, I probably will keep to myself who the Maniac is, so the person himself will be surprised.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sign me up, please!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm in!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Nearly half way there...
Old 05-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up Thanks for the PM, Inzil :)

The Finnish section will gladly be the other half!

In other words, sign me up please!

I also mentioned this game to Nog, Greenie and Legate and they all seemed interested. I'm seeing them all tomorrow again (and Agan too) as we gather to watch Game of Thrones, so I can remind them all about this.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

Basically what Lommy said: you can count me in as well, officially.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Excellent! Welcome aboard!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #12
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Unfortunately, I have no one I can t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶n̶ persuade to join up. Others might not be so constrained....
Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up

For the good old game for a long time!

Reporting in...

I might have some time-constraints the coming week / two weeks, but I'll promise not be the most silent person around.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #14
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I might have some time-constraints the coming week / two weeks, but I'll promise not be the most silent person around.
Nice to see "Subhunter" arriving!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #15
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
First off, I'll see if I can find a few arms to twist.

Second, is there *any* way to shuffle the deadline to be an hour later? The current time is right after I get off work and I'd like to avoid the temptation to check the Downs while on the clock if possible. If not, I'll simply have to exercise my willpower (read, give up and probably check my phone anyway).
Old 05-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Second, is there *any* way to shuffle the deadline to be an hour later? The current time is right after I get off work and I'd like to avoid the temptation to check the Downs while on the clock if possible. If not, I'll simply have to exercise my willpower (read, give up and probably check my phone anyway).
Sure, I could make it 0200 GMT (2100 EDT). My reason for wanting something in that area is that it's between getting off work and bedtime.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #17
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Still need four more. As soon as we hit twelve we'll start.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Werewolf's been silent for so long that I'm sure most people simply don't realize there's a game at the ready. I posted a link to the thread on my book of faces though, so hopefully that will get our last few players to trickle in.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #19
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Werewolf's been silent for so long that I'm sure most people simply don't realize there's a game at the ready. I posted a link to the thread on my book of faces though, so hopefully that will get our last few players to trickle in.
Thanks. Not being a Facebooker myself is probably not helping.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #20
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Room for one more?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Room for one more?
Of course!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Please sign Greenie up with a question mark. She has said to me at least twice she wants to join but has apparently forgotten to do so. I'll remind her next time I talk to her (before the weekend).

That would still mean we need two players though. Maybe we should keep this thread active so that people see it in the active topics when they come visit the 'Downs.

PS. I'm linking this thread to the 'Downs facebook page. Maybe it'll help too.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #23
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Please sign Greenie up with a question mark. She has said to me at least twice she wants to join but has apparently forgotten to do so. I'll remind her next time I talk to her (before the weekend).

That would still mean we need two players though. Maybe we should keep this thread active so that people see it in the active topics when they come visit the 'Downs.

PS. I'm linking this thread to the 'Downs facebook page. Maybe it'll help too.
Thanks much! We're getting there!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #24
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey can I jump in for signing up?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #25
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hey can I jump in for signing up?
Naturally!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #26
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Brilliant, I'm in!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #27
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Excellent. I'd like to leave the signups open for maybe another day, then get started.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll be there in spirit.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #29
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Part of me is probably going to regret this...but the other part is saying it's been way too long since the last WW and since my last visit to the site. So...yes.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #30
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Part of me is probably going to regret this...but the other part is saying it's been way too long since the last WW and since my last visit to the site. So...yes.
That's the spirit!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #31
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Signups are closed. If someone is not all right with the 0200 GMT DL, speak now.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #32
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

All right. I'll plan to put the Game Thread up tomorrow, starting Night 1 about 24 hours from now. I'll get the roles sent before then.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #33
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

The first part of the Game Thread is up, and I have sent the roles. If you did not receive a PM, you are an Ordo. I did decide to inform the Maniac of their role. I thought it might be more entertaining that way.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #34
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Is there any way I could still wriggle my way into this game or am I simply and inexcusably too late? *gentle canine eyes*
Old 05-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #35
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm sorry Agan! Since I've already sent the Roles (and announced the fact), yours would be easy to guess!
I was looking to start this date, but if a majority (7) voiced approval here to clean the slate and re-determine the Roles quickly, I could include you.

And to the person who PM'd me with a question, clean out your inbox and I'll give you an answer.

Last edited by Inziladun; 05-30-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #36
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Well, blast. Once again, I hate that it was too late for Agan! My twin is always a most welcome addition!

Night 1 should begin in about 2 hours.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #37
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well it was my own fault for not signing up earlier although Lommy reminded me about it three times! I'll play over other people's shoulder then and wreak chaos.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #38
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'll play over other people's shoulder then and wreak chaos.
Fun without pressure. I like.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #39
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
DL. Cease and desist.
Is this forum suddenly owned by Fox?

*shuts up*
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #40
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Is this forum suddenly owned by Fox?
Nope. Disney.