The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
The Eye I think... I am going, to kill someone

Yes, hello, im not saying im going to murdur anyone but there is a certain group of people I am FURIOUS at. These people would be (90% of you will not know who I am talking about but I need to vent this out) those who (on the game starcraft and warcraft iii) when they make custom games they CHANGE lotr, for example, one game... all the nazgul were named... right... so now all of a sudden when I say that the nazgul did not have names accept for Khamul and The Witchking of Angmar they say im an idiot and they name off the fake names, it drives me insaine. like for example... my starcraft online account name is Nazgul.Number.3 people go up to me, why dont u ,make your name "ren the unclean" which is what they named a nazgul in the game... it just makes me want to Break someone. Not only this, but they change the storyline also... many times I know none of you care about this (there should be a game section on the downs so there can be a place to put something like this) ((pardon typos I cant fix them, my comp is doing that thing where if you type something infront of something that is already typed it will just delete whats infront of it and coever it like a typewriter)) some of the games are so off, is a good guy gets the ring of power the unit becomes allmsot invincible, it just BUGS me so much.. and what is worse, the people are completly ignoreant of the books all together and when someone says somehting to them, they just curse you off i...i...i... i am going to go insaine...

Thank you for you time, and the little man who lives udner my bed and reads X-men comics with me thanks you also, oh yea, the little man, he also tends to my dirty socks and underwear so they will grow and can be harvested next season.... And the little monkey that loves in my head thanks you also... he keeps track of all my LotR information yes he does... hes a good monkey...

... What was I saying... I dont know what just happened to me there sorry. Thanks for you time

PS. The Barrow Wight... Please make a gaming section on your fine fine website (section I mean forum) because of all the games out now and that are comeing out
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
Sharkű
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkű has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Calm down. Misrepresentation of ME in a game is bad from 'our' point of view, but should be excusable where it enhances the playing experience. Apart from that, it's just (round of) a computer game, not a lasting work of art.

We've actually thought about a Games or related forum before, but I think there has been no urgent need so far, and I doubt there will be.
Sharkű is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
steve
Wight

Sting

Sharku... the thing you dont unseratand about this game is, that after a round is done the people dont froget, the current custom scenerio I am talking about has been around for a bout 2 years now and has only gotten worse.

Dynaviir... There are many other games related to Middle Earth then just computer games, there are the new TCGs and the old ones, there are board games also... plus it could give us a place to talk about like... lotr merchandice instead of just games, or a place to discuss our very own RPGs instead of on "Barrow Downs"
Old 07-23-2003, 10:17 PM   #4
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Don't worry about all the things wrong with LotR in games. It makes sence for them to give out names for the Nazgul. But you shouldn't let it get to you. Just tell them that if they think you're wrong, they should look through the books and prove it, or to go to a site like The Encyclopedia of Arda and look up the fake names and see if they exist. But anyways, you know you're right so what should it matter. Just don't bother with it next time or ignore them.

Quote:
my comp is doing that thing where if you type something infront of something that is already typed it will just delete whats infront of it
I think that you hit the 'insert' key on your keyboard. Just hit it again and it should go back to normal. The 'insert' key is in the section of 6 keys, which are right above the arrow keys. It's in the upper left corner, to the left of the 'home' key and above the 'delete' key.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #5
steve
Wight

Sting

Oh my god, Thank you so much Willie you are my savior! I am forever in your debt, and I have allways wondered why that key was there.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dűm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Quote:
Ah, I forgot about the Trading Card Game. I played it before, but I found it too complicated
I would want to get LOTR trading cards just to have. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

On-topic: I feel your pain, steve. I sometimes visit LOTR gaming boards on sites like gamefaqs.com and such, and people on the ROTK Playstation 2 board that haven't read the books are like, "if they dont make a levil were u fite sauron then im not gettin this game". One guy actually called Saruman Saluman and Sauron Sirron! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

If you're going to kill someone, why not kill those people who make the annoying Carrot Top commercials, and not a bunch of innocent gamers? People are often obtuse about a whole lot of things that are dear for us, but there is not point in abusing the monkeys that live in your head because of it, rather suck it up and get used to the obtuseness and don't let it get you (or your monkey) down.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:55 AM   #8
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well, I think it's safe to add dell, sprint pcs, and any given car commercial (especially cadillac) to that list along with AT&T.

And thinking about a new section on the forum. I think maybe a miscellanious ME section would be good. But there really isn't a need for it yet, as Sharku was saying.

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #9
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

slighly off topic-
Would it not be reasonable to compile all the media type subjects (games, movies, merchandise, conventions) under one umbrella. Like Dynaviir was saying, an all purpose media forum.
Quote:
I think a General Middle-Earth media forum for all the merchandise would work even better,
In the meantime you could probably post things of this nature on the Movies forum. okay done.