The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #121
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post

Galadriel and Halbarad have expressed their opinion of having Lobelia carry the Ring. Why is that?
It seemed appropriate to me that, since Lobelia is the only hobbit in our august company, she should carry the Ring. I'd rather not transgress archetypes if I can avoid it.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #122
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
1. She is a hobbit
2. She is too stuborn and troublesome for anybody to want her in plan to get hold of the one ring
3. In case she is evil, she is too old and slow to escape with the ring.
4. She is relatively harmless. (the ring would weild no great power through her)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #123
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

I am to deliver you a message: Gildor refuses to take the Ring, while Lobelia wantsss it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #124
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting Lobelia will never have it!

I may be gone for most of tomorrow, so I thought that now would be as good a time as any for me to vote for the Ring bearer. I'll see you all tomorrow night!

++Halbarad
Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #125
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
++Lobelia
Old 03-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #126
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
...But you're willing to trust AN ORC with it, just because it would be "interesting"? My good wizard, are you sure you're taking this quest seriously enough?
Yes, I can understand from the direction of your arguement, and I can relate that I have had foul experiences with the orcs. They may not have beginnings like us, but if the Lady of Fruits has taught me anything, it is that all creatures great and small do have a part within this world. We forget this, and then wonder why we must suffer each other's transgressions. It becomes tiresome to hear so many insults, but yes, I do know what you are meaning to speak of.
By interesting, I was merely suggesting a lesson in an open mind and forgiveness. I can assume now that the time for such things with anyone is long gone, unfortunately.

*feeds a tiny wren with care and guides it back to its shoulder perch*

Hmm, I only wish now that Gandalf told me more about these hobbits. They sound delightful, almost as good of company as the Beornings. Such strong, but thoughtful people. Though, it seems some of you doubt those who've spent time amoung them, hmm. I'd really care to hear the lady hobbit in question speak about this, but her company has gone amiss. As I've heard many of creature tell me: A person's a person, no matter how small!

I don't see any logic in retractable votes. Besides being far too easy for wolves and innocent alike to lead astray, after about two days of having to clarify exactly how each and everyone voted multiple times (plus exactly what this means in relation to others' thoughts!) would be a nightmare. Plus, it's too much work when the object is to rid of the werewolves, not play Carl Jung.
So my vote is no to retractable votes, even if they may be a personal benefit, I can only see them as being a collective rat's nest of confusion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather not play with that.

As for double-lynches, I will have to agree with Nogrod. They make sense in a large group of maybe 13-15 players, but not so much when you only have about 10-11. It's okay at first, then two days later you're down to five players with little or no material on each other and random lynches. Usually they serve a purpose in a larger group, but as for double kills I doubt to see the benefit for ordinaries and wolves.

Currently I am caught up between a vote for the ring bearer, and there are some bears I know who'd help me clear my mind and contribute to ending our dillema.

So, as for now, I'm off to see some bears about a vote.

~Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #127
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Ring I am wise

++Lobelia

Old 03-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #128
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would be the perfect Ringbearer because I know it will not be able to tempt me.

My good Elladan, do you believe every word you hear? I know, of course, that some people have been deliberately encouraging the idea of me being a thief; which makes me sad. But I would expect an Elven lord to trust his own judgement instead of vague rumours and evil whispers.

And Dáin, what exactly makes you oppose me so? Though I don't think I should take it personally - your behaviour is exactly what one should expect from a Dwarf. They are such an uncivilized and rude race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Anyway, sorry to interrupt your enjoyable debate, I just wanted to bring up one thing which is also important, and I have to solve it before the game baggins:
The game baggins? You mean me, eh?
In this small a village, I'm against double lynches and retrackies. I don't think, though, that choosing the lynchee randomly in case of a tie would favour the wolves. Rather, it would encourage everyone to vote for their top suspect even if someone else already had quite high a vote count.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #129
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I would be the perfect Ringbearer because I know it will not be able to tempt me.

And Dáin, what exactly makes you oppose me so? Though I don't think I should take it personally - your behaviour is exactly what one should expect from a Dwarf. They are such an uncivilized and rude race!
*jumps to his feet* Do not provoke me my good lady by insulting my kinsfolk and me, I do not insult yours! If it is indeed the will of the council for you to have the Ring then I will accept their judgement, but until that happens I believe that there are others more capable of having such a powerful thing.

Why do I appose you so? I know nothing about you my good hobbit lady! How can I endorse someone whom I know nothing about, indeed you might also say how can I condemn someone that I know nothing about? The answer is quite simple, your wishes and your strong will to posses the Ring is a dangerous.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-23-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #130
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
How can I endorse someone whom I know nothing about, indeed you might also say how can I condemn someone that I know nothing about?
*sighs* I can see that this is going to be a headache later on, none the less...

I believe we are all taking that gambit, Dain. I understand the feeling, for most of you are indeed strangers to me in person. I prefer to judge a person's character and actions, not simply the actions of others of their kin. Though, unfortunately time will not provide us such an experience.
I really wish I could come to know a few of you more, especially Lobelia and Ugluk. Though Saruman and I may have our differences, I do believe those in his service and relation may at least act in his wisdom, hopefully. If it comforts any of you, I will make it a personal matter to check in with Saruman on the actions of his faithful, since we both share methods of communication beyond that of word.

All of us only have hope essentially, its really not a matter of who's right or wrong in the end. Because if anything if we vote without accepting that we may be wrong at times through this, we are all fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
But I would expect an Elven lord to trust his own judgement instead of vague rumours and evil whispers.
There are other reasons that affect all of us, as for the elven kindred they have experienced great pain as many others have as well. Elladan has his personal reasons for such thought, but not at the hand of hobbits truly!
I believe we all have something to learn from lady Lobelia during this fellowship, or I at least have hope that even the smallest of us has as much will power to carry the ring as any of us. Though, there is no harm in realizing she can learn from us as well, only if we are willing to work together.

I wish I could say more on this, but I believe I have said enough and my feathered friends have a small need of me for the moment, I will return soon!

++Lobelia

~ Ka
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #131
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
---Deadline!---

Lobelia is the Ringbearer.

The game was started. See the game thread for more. It's the Night phase right now; you may start to post on 24th March 9 PM GMT. You should all get your roles in a short time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #132
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Just informing that I won't probably be around until later in the day tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #133
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry to clutter, but I thought I should save everyone some headache and post this.

I won't be around to do any posting in the WW thread from 11:40am-5:00pm PST (GST-8:00) due to a class being rescheduled. So, I'll be gone for the first few hours.
Sorry! I promise to be around well before the deadline though, so no worries.

~ Ka
Old 03-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #134
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
By the way...

Should we try to hold our horses while writing RPG-style so as not to describe the actions or words of others too openly or strongly? I mean in RPG's one is quite clearly denied using another character without that character's owner's consent and in a game like this it would probably be advisable as well.

So let's stick to the foreseeable reactions based on the characters in the LotR and not go on inventing our own ideas how others behave in-game?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I second (or is it third) Agan and Ka. DL is when my work shift starts, so I'll be around about 5-6 hours after start of day. Just to let you all know.

P.S. Happy belated Easter/Resurrection Day everyone! Hope it was fabulous!

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #136
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Should we try to hold our horses while writing RPG-style so as not to describe the actions or words of others too openly or strongly? I mean in RPG's one is quite clearly denied using another character without that character's owner's consent and in a game like this it would probably be advisable as well.
Yes, good that you pointed it out. One should stick, as much as possible, or except just for minor things, with describing the actions of just his own character, and actually in the WW it's more important than in the RPGs.

And by the way, sorry for the first-nothing-then-floody way the opening narrations appear, I didn't have time to post them in a more fluent way, because I didn't have time yesterday and today.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #137
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just a question of how to go with the things one writes. This is Gwath's latest post in the game-thread:

Quote:
Halbarad didn't like orcs, for obvious reasons, but was beginning to agree with Ugluk about Bombadil's singing. What does it mean? he wondered. He seems so jolly on the outside, but I wish he'd speak plain and to the point, like an honest man and a soldier.

He chose not to say anything, as Halbarad was no complainer, but all the same he could not help but wonder if that whimsical exterior was simply an effective cover for something darker.......the apparently nonsensical rhymes and airs began to take on an eerie, dream-like, almost sinister quality in Halbarad's mind. He shook off the feeling.

Steady on, he thought. Steady on.

He called back to Elladan and Elrohir, whom he knew from previous journeys. "If you don't hurry, Bombadil's going to beat you two over the mountain!"

The first paragraph looks good indeed but then the rest looks a little confused.

If it's a question of someone's inner thoughts (or a song which is separated from the other text by empty lines and quotation marks) one should use the italics. In other cases, like what someone says openly the quotation marks should be enough to differentiate between the speech of someone's character and the overall depiction? A new line would be well though if the speech is a long one. And the overall description of someone's moods should be in plain text as well unless it's an inner monologue?

So how about this version of Gwath's latest?

Quote:
Halbarad didn't like orcs, for obvious reasons, but was beginning to agree with Ugluk about Bombadil's singing. What does it mean? he wondered. He seems so jolly on the outside, but I wish he'd speak plain and to the point, like an honest man and a soldier.

He chose not to say anything, as Halbarad was no complainer, but all the same he could not help but wonder if that whimsical exterior was simply an effective cover for something darker.......the apparently nonsensical rhymes and airs began to take on an eerie, dream-like, almost sinister quality in Halbarad's mind. He shook off the feeling.

Steady on, he thought. Steady on.

He called back to Elladan and Elrohir, whom he knew from previous journeys. "If you don't hurry, Bombadil's going to beat you two over the mountain!"
Sure in the last-minute frenzy one should be forgiven not to formulate things correctly but we should have a basic and shared understanding how to point out to different things (Like inner thoughts, open speech, story-telling). Otherwise it will be very hard to follow the game if we have different practises with these.

Also if we like to hang on with calling each other with our in-game names we should probably also mark crosspostings with "X'd with Tom" and not "X'd with Nogrod"?

And even if I haven't quite followed this advice myself this far I'd suggest we keep up with the good practise of bolding the names of the people we talk about in our posts as they're so much easier to find that way later - just using the story-names and not the player's id's here in the 'Downs...

Just suggestions, but to be considered.

PS. Look at Groin's last post (#14) to see what I mean with the bolding-stuff & open speech / general depiction of a character's mood!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-24-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #138
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing. I don't really know what the post format should look like, so I'll just follow your example, Nogrod. Or try to, at least.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #139
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shoot. I just remembered that I have a meeting for my acting class tomorrow right before deadline, which means that I'll have little to no time to stop by during the rest of the day. The other people in my class will understand if I run a bit late, so I'll be able to drop by (Lord willing) and vote, but I won't be a big talker for the greater part of the day. Alternatively, I'll slip out during class and stick my vote in to ensure that I'll be able to participate. In any case, I need to get to bed; I'm getting a little loopy(ier). Good night all!

Oh, and post good? Post bad? It took me a while to rustle it up, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for, oh mod god Legate. Whatever suits you. *toddles off sleepily*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #140
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If it's a question of someone's inner thoughts (or a song which is separated from the other text by empty lines and quotation marks) one should use the italics. In other cases, like what someone says openly the quotation marks should be enough to differentiate between the speech of someone's character and the overall depiction? A new line would be well though if the speech is a long one. And the overall description of someone's moods should be in plain text as well unless it's an inner monologue?
Well yes, I think using the quotation marks for direct speech and italics for inner thoughts is a generally used way to express these things. It will surely help to make one's posts easier to read. And, also bolding each other's names (character names, that is) should be done as well, like in normal WW games - for easier orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh, and post good? Post bad? It took me a while to rustle it up, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for, oh mod god Legate. Whatever suits you. *toddles off sleepily*
Although this game is connected with in-character posting, you don't need to worry about it that much. The main purpose is to have fun. But your post is very good, I'd say, so you don't have to worry about anything. Except, one little thing, Saruman is no longer around, so not sure if Théodred can glare at him still

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-25-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #141
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Also, I'd appreciate it if people would make their characters say their suspicions aloud... it's a bit difficult to refer to or to quote people's personal thoughts, unless you're Galadriel, of course...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-25-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #142
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Good point– I didn't think of that until after my first post. (Still, surely the body language helped make things clearer?)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #143
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay, I'm reading toDay's posts after work but I just couldn't help commenting about this as soon as it caught my eye and as it's soo OOC I thought I need to do it here not to break the flow of the story.

You've done it Rune!!! Changing the avvie for the game!!!

I thought this day would never come!

Even more OOC to follow... *sorry* but our students leaving the school made and performed songs about us teachers something like a month ago. My song was called "The Marx of Kallio" (Kallio being the name of the part of the city our school is). And I thought it cool indeed.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #144
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Yeah. . .I did not plan to do it and it did feel weird indeed, but it simply seemed wrong to look at my own posts as Galadriel and having good old Marx staring back at me.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #145
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Yeah. . .I did not plan to do it and it did feel weird indeed, but it simply seemed wrong to look at my own posts as Galadriel and having good old Marx staring back at me.
Yeah, actually, I found it rather interesting to see you with another avvie. And it's good: as long as the game lasts, you may keep it and the more you may enjoy switching it back once again when the game is over
Old 03-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #146
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Almost the same as yesterday, I won't be around from 11:40am-3:30pm (GMT-8:00) due to classes being rescheduled. So, I'm probably going to have to vote irrationally and early, urgh.
After today though, I won't have any until Monday, so I should be around more often.

Except for Saturday, which I pretty much will be non-existant because I have work and my friend's 18th birthday (she has a birthday fetish, so there is no way I'm getting at least a minute of time alone or on the computer ). There is a low possibility I might steal a few minutes around 5:00pm (GMT-8:00), but I have no clue as of yet.

Sorry for any inconvienance.

~ Ka
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #147
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i just realized, as gandalf i have relations with almost every character... oi vey...
Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #148
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I and Greenie are sharing a computer so please judge our behaviour, reaction speed and voting times based on that... it's getting pretty hectic over here...
Old 03-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #149
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'm just posting in haste to say sorry for missing the deadline. Too much RL stuff was happening.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #150
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I and Greenie are sharing a computer so please judge our behaviour, reaction speed and voting times based on that... it's getting pretty hectic over here...
Reaction speed and voting time I will grant you, but behaviour?

Nope cannot do, judging others behaviour is what this game is about. . .

Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #151
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So sorry about missing the deadline; I wasn't sure when it was and I had lots of work to do.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #152
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for missing the deadline, but to keep things short just refer to the post I made earlier. Like Nerwen, busy, busy RL schedule. I should be relatively free over the next three days so I'll definately be able to vote.

Sorry again!

~ Ka
Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #153
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Reaction speed and voting time I will grant you, but behaviour?

Nope cannot do, judging others behaviour is what this game is about. . .
I merely meant things like if we ignore some branches of discussion or some accusations in the last hour or so it might just be because we're in haste because both of us have to write and we might be less vocal because neither of us can occupy the computer all the time... but I don't expect it to be a big issue, we've always coped in the past, and besides, if all of us are alive in the RL weekend, there will be three of us sharing the computer, because I and Greenie will be in Noggie's place then...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #154
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I won't be around at the beginning of day 2, either, and this time it will probably take me a few hours longer to appear than it did on day 1. *curses her schedule*
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #155
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i love how everytime i attempt a new way of playing WW i always seem to get lynched first... the curse of Gil-galad i guess.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #156
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just want to let you guys know that I won't be around during the beginning of the day. I'll join later on in the day.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #157
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I seem to be adding myself to a long list of apologies...

But I have a terrible day tomorrow (RL). I will be able to post somewhere in the middle of the Day (gametime) and then in the last hour or two. But otherwise I'm just flying around.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #158
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I shall soon go to bed as I have a lecture tomorrow morning and will stay at the University until 5pm +gmt, so I won't be around until late tomorrow afternoon. So don't expect me to post again before around 4-3 hours before deadline. (I might just do one before going to bed)

I feel I need to explain: Yesterday I was not around after my last post (which was rushed) because I was going to a consert.(It was decided very sudden, so I had no chance of warning you)

Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #159
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry to bother with a silly question, but I'm rather curious about something.

Did anyone else have trouble yesterday accessing the Downs? All of last night I couldn't because neither the home page nor the forum would load. This if anything, was what kept me from posting, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks!

~ Ka
Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #160
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I meant to say more just now but I have to go to class!