The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #41
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

I also, am one of the unable-of-paying-as-of-age people [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . I would if I could though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . I, as Firondoiel, will keep you in my prayers also! Thanx for making this all possible in the first place BW! Good luck [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] !
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #42
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Eye

I can't. We don't have a post office anymore. Mum says that the bank does the same job, but unfortunately would also charge me about NZ$25. About US$12.50, at a rough estimate. Not good, considering my teen/little money problem.

I'll support you morally, though, and if I have any brilliant strokes of genius that might help raise your fund, I'll tell you.

The banner isn't a bad idea.

~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:10 PM   #43
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Alright- I think I've persuaded my mom to get me a poster and a baseball cap. Hope it helps! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I'll order as soon as I get my dad to agree too [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] which might take a bit of time, but I'll try. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #44
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

I would never want to see this site close. At the moment I am paying for University and my parents are helping! Barrow-Downs relieves me from everyday stress and like some of you know University can give you ALLOT of everyday stress. I will see if I can tribute to something, I always did want a Barrow-Downs mug… So I can sit on the site drinking my coffee out of my Barrow-Downs mug.. or maybe a T-Shirt, to show off! Hmmm.. I’ll see!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #45
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Quote:
As an added item to help finance the Downs have you considered having a small banner on your home page that people could rent for say a week to advertise their own web page? I know I would be willing to rent such a place.
As would I. That's what quite a few sites do to raise money (including my old one). It actually works suprisingly well.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #46
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I like that banner idea! I would be willing to advertise my site on here once it is up and going! Yea you can have a links page!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:14 PM   #47
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Barrow-Wight thanks for your e-mail. Once again my brilliance shines through, Any chance for the banner idea?

Niluial I believe the downs has a link page, which you can view at here

I have a new idea…I pause as people recover from the shock, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
As it looks like TolkienWorld has lowered its once high standards (it now never works) have you considered starting a top 20 Tolkien site listing yourself?

You could charge webmasters a small fee for their site to be showcased each week thus raising more revenue and interest in the Downs.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: Alkanoonion ]
Old 05-15-2003, 05:19 PM   #48
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Thinking about the banners. Since there are already banners on the site, it wouldn't be too hard to put more in the lineup. I'd have to come up with a payment plan. I will get back to you all soon on that idea.

There are already several Top Tolkien sites, and I really wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel, even though all the wheels out there seem pretty flat. It would also be another lot of work to do.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:36 PM   #49
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Read: Banner Ads and Barrow-Buttons to see the advertising policy I have developed. Those who have already donated may use their donations as part or all of any plan they wish to purchase.

We will, of course, gladly continue to take donations. I think that a combination of ads and donations will put us in the black soon and hopefully allow us to get some contests going! But I mustn't count the chickens before they hatch, as the saying goes. If things go well, I will find a way to reward our site-less donators, too (besides the donators recognition page I will be building)!

Thanks!

[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #50
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a question about the link to Amazon. I shop from the UK Amazon site regularly (in fact, they just emailed to tell me I have spent over £200 there this year [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) so it would be great if some of that money could go to the BD. As far as I can tell, the link from here goes straight to amazon.com - is there any way I can get to amazon.co.uk and still give the Downs some dosh?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:08 PM   #51
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

I don't really know. I replaced the .com with .co.uk and it said the link was bad, so I am guessing you can't. Sorry, but thanks for wanting to.

If anyone knows better, please help us out.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #52
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Quote:
Once again my brilliance shines through,
Too bad your humility got lost in the brilliance. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

AH! This banner plan is excellant, I'll soon have enough money to advertise.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 01:52 AM   #53
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Niluial I believe the downs has a link page, which you can view at here
Oh lol I did not see that, silly me!
Old 05-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #54
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I cannot, unfortunately, send any money, but I will support you morally and do whatever else I can to help (i.e. making sure any RPGs I own get finished and closed in time).
Old 05-19-2003, 12:28 AM   #55
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

And you have my credit card!....oops, I don't have one, so...umm..you have my rake! If that does any good at all....hmmm, I could janitor the neighbors lawns and yards and send the money here....what am I talking about? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But seriously, I have no money or a job. The only money I get I spend on beverage brewed since anchient times made from hops and grains (and extra malty barley), which sometimes results in late night posts that don't make much sense (but are actually quite hilarious) and which I have to delete. I'm thinking about getting a job real soon, so I can't help out right away. Just out of curiosity, how much is the monthly cost?

Oh yeah, and if everyone pays a little it can add up to a lot, really.
Quote:
(average 25,000 visitors a day
If everyone of those people put in just a dollar (using paypal, and excluding any currency conversion fees), that would add up to $16,750!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It would be a shame to not have this site around, I do not know what I'd do. I do not want to pressure anyone into sending in money, but really any little bit will help, I'm sure.
Quote:
unless it's five dollars
Of course it will help kittiewhirl1677. Anything will help, anything. Even if it was $.25 it would help. I would hate to have member refrain from helping because they think that their donation won't be enough. If all those members added their money together it would add up to a lot.

And this is a great reminder to anyone who has ever posted a thread that got closed (because there were other threads or it was a newbie hello thread) and didn't understand and/or got angry at the fact it was closed. The reason being, it takes up space and space costs money.

And we all know that money doesn't grow on trees, but it can grow like trees. The Barrow-Wight, have you ever thought of taking some of the donation money and putting it in some kind of savings account. If the donations are enough to cover the costs, and you have leftover money, you could put the rest in a savings account and leave it there until you need it again. Hopefully it you won't need it for awhile, so it can increase, and hopefully, it's enough to grow big. I think that you should map a plan for the costs of this site. That way you can figure out much you should put in the account, and how much you need to keep out so you can pay the monthly fee.

And to anyone who isn't living on their own and doesn't have credit cars to use or money to spend here's some suggestions. Yto gain money, you could offer to do some chores for your parents in exchange for cash, or ask neighbors, or any other ways. Once you have the money, you can ask your parents to use their credit card and you just pay them however much they paid. And I'm sure it would help if you explained the cause. And remember, anything will help.

And if you really need the money and donations are just not enough, can you the site get sponsors for a month through pop up ads and cookies?

And just out of curiosity, how much money does it cost a month, or how much money does it cost to expand disk space and whatever? Can you give me some figures?

I'll help anyway I can.

Respectfully yours,

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #56
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

Hm since I have been a member for 3 years now I really want to support the site that has become my online home (even if I don't post that often).
But I have a "problem": I'm a student right now and have to get along with the little money I get from my parents, but if you wait for a few months, I will buy a few things in the shop, because I'm going to have a summer-job and after that I will be able to send you some of my earned money.
Keep the Barrow-Downs alive! Or should I say: Keep the Barrow Downs rotten!

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #57
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Heyho!

I have ransacked the store! Heh heh. My cousin Fay and I have bought a buncha stuff! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We really hope it helps. How low on cash are we? I really really don't want the Downs to go bye bye so please please keep us updated. I will gladly buy more stuff or dontate the money!!

With Love,
Maikafanawen and Faybevin
Old 05-20-2003, 03:36 PM   #58
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllly want to help, but I'm only 15 and my parents think my obsession with Lord of the Rings is odd, especially since I waste my money buying paraphanalia from Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. I will try to talk them into buying stuff from the downs for my birthday, but that's not until October. Would it help if my friends and I stayed away from the site for a while, so the traffic wouldn't be that bad?????
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:57 PM   #59
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

That is a good question. I don't really want to stay away... I seriously love this site, but if us refraining from being on here as often as we are will help with costs, I'll back off for awhile.

I'm only 15, so I have pretty much NO money, but I'll ask my parents for a little moola, but I don't think it will happen since they're putting both of my brothers through college right now and they think that my Tolkien obsession is really strange. But I'll try. Barrowdowns is in my thoughts.

Fea
Old 05-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #60
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

One or two people out of our 25,000 hits per day won't make much of a difference. What does help are the donations we are receiving. Thanks to those who have helped! And keep it up everyone!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:45 AM   #61
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Dear Barrow-Wight,
I'll gladly contibute something to pay the BD's expenses!
This week it's a year that I joined, and I had so much enjoyment and enlightenment and above all, the wonderful knowledge to share my Tolkien- "craze" with other fans all over the world.

Since I have no credit-card, I asked at the post-office, and it seems I just have to pay the money to the post here in Switzerland (but there i a fee of nearly 10$!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) and the US post will deliver it to your address. Will that be OK? Or would it be simpler if they paid it to a bank account (but I only have your private address).

Hm, why does it have to be so complicated?!
Or shall I just send the money in a letter and hope it won't get lost of stolen?
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: Guinevere ]

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: Guinevere ]
Old 05-22-2003, 02:49 AM   #62
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

My mother proved easier to persuade than I imagined, so you've got as much as I can afford (not much, I'm afraid. Probably 15 dollars or so...) is coming your way [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Plus something from the shop...

~Menelien
Old 05-22-2003, 03:53 AM   #63
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Sadly, I don't have any money to spend... *digs in pocket* wait... Yes I do! I'll buy a t-shirt! Or 5!
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #64
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

My, my, many of you sound like my own kids. They, too, claim they don't have much money. But please bear with me as I suggest the very ideas I put forth to them when they proclaim a lack of resources...

I know you do not have a credit card. I know that you do not have a chequeing account at the bank, only a savings account. But I do know that you have an allowance--an allowance which provides you with enough room to maneuvre to proportion the finances available to you. That allowance is intended to teach you how to make decisions about where you wish to spend money, about where you wish to show your values.

Could you forego buying another CD this weekend? or another action figure or Wargames LOTR set? Could you decide to put aide the money for a trip to the movies on Saturday night? Could you decide not to buy that new makeup or nailpolish set for the next month?

There are many ways my own children could support this site--and one of them posts here occasionally and the other discusses my posts with me before she posts at fanfic.net. Can you not find ways to save up even a few dollars to donate to a site which offers you such rewards?

Remember, it is not the amount which counts so much as it is the effort and desire to support the site. Please think creatively, outside the box, to consider how you can support the Downs.

And I truly do hope this post does not sound too 'mumish.'

Bêthberry
Old 05-22-2003, 01:50 PM   #65
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I'm sorry, as I am making a slightly off topic post here, but I guess I'll pay for it by the money I send in [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], but you have to consider that not all of us have allowances or saving accounts(me, for example), so it is often much more difficult than that.

~Menelien

Edit: I will admit that I *do* have some money, but it's all my life's savings part, and I think I've only spent about 7 dollars of it in my life, so I'm not really used to spending it... but anyhow, the Downs is getting at least 15 for now...

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-22-2003, 06:52 PM   #66
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Done! It's truly not easy to give up anything when you're living alone, working for minimum wage, and saving to pay for school, but I've sent one *minute* installment, and there will be more coming. *sighs* My entertainment options are relatively limited, and I couldn't bear losing this one. Will give indefinately.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:43 AM   #67
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Quote:
Could you forego buying another CD this weekend? or another action figure or Wargames LOTR set? Could you decide to put aide the money for a trip to the movies on Saturday night? Could you decide not to buy that new makeup or nailpolish set for the next month?
Dear me, Bethberry. If I had that much money would be pouring in from me to support the BDs. At present, all I actually have is NZ$3.15 - roughly translated to US$1.57.

Also, in order to get a money order, I have to change the money, apparently. This would have an additional cost of NZ$25. I simply do not have the money.

However, I am going through some of the threads I have visited and deleting all the unneccessary(sp?) posts that I have written. There are more that I thought. I'm hoping that this will help a little as regards bandwidth - if not, it will still help keep the place tidy.

~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:50 AM   #68
Eruanna
Memento Mori

Eruanna has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I too have sent off a donation (via my son's "paypal.com" account)
Hopefully, if more people are able to do this on a regular basis, then The Downs' money troubles will not become too much of a burden on the B.W and team.
This is a superb site, frequented by lively and interesting people, I would hate to lose it or see it diminished in any way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2003, 06:15 AM   #69
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

BW

I'd like to help too... but how do I go about it? The currency changing whatchamajig confuses me. I'm in asia, our currency being different (and being in the Third World a whole lot lower than other currencies!).
Thalionyulma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:33 PM   #70
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I'm in the same boat as many of the other people here. My parents aren't very likely to help buy anything, but I will try to help bring in a few more new members who could probably help with the costs.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #71
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Is there a way to do mail order rathr than the credit card from the shop. I am planning on sending my entertainment money this month. I am getting a job so that will make it easyer.

For all you people claiming not to have money, garage sales are good. I raised money to go on a mission trip that way. And we also had burito saled and stuff at church. I am thinking about that kind of thing myself to help out. We shall see.

I will do my best to help out, even if it means parting with my favorite pieces of art.*sigh* I am determined!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #72
Ophelia
Wight

Ophelia has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Damn...!In times like these I hate my parents for not makin' me a bit earlier so I would have a creditcard . Well that would be a good thought about using ordinary envelope and stamp to help for I am still only learnin' my way trough the best years of my life . So I'm sorry for my non-abbilities to help . But now I feel like a total jerk for not helping . . . [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 10:16 AM   #73
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

We have gotten many very generous donations over the last month. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We have a very nice amount now that will cover us for a while, but we still would like to see small, regular donations come in.

Thanks!
BW
Old 06-15-2003, 10:40 AM   #74
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would be very grateful for instructions that someone who is terrible at computers and lives in the UK could follow for donating money or getting stuff at the shop. Can I order from the shop without living in the USA? And if so would it cost the earth? I don't want to make an identical "penniless student" speech, but it's true. I have to save to pay my tuition fees as my parents can't cover all of them. But I REALLY do want to help and it would dent my whole life if the BDs disappeared. Then all it will take is convincing my Mum that it won't sent her past her credit card limit! (She's banned us from Amazon ) [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:14 AM   #75
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

So many posts on this topic - yet so far only 17 people have actually donated something!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Apparently the BD have over 7000 members, and hundreds of them post regularly...I can hardly believe that there are not more of them who are willing to contribute a little.
If all those "penniless teenagers" would just all send 1$ each, it would still amount to quite a lot!
But actually I don't think that everyone on this forum has noticed yet that the BD needs support... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Guinevere ]
Old 06-16-2003, 02:56 AM   #76
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Donate directly to the site with a Money Order:
Is this like a postal order? If I sent a postal order would you be able to cash it? Do you have to ask for a transatlantic one?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:55 AM   #77
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

As far as I know, a money order is the same as a postal order. As long as it is payable in $US, we should be able to cash it. I'd ask wherever you buy it just to make sure
Old 06-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #78
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

After only 6 weeks the Downs has had 18 Barrow-Benefactors contribute an average of almost $50 each. WOW!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What a wonderful response!! The Downs is set to comfortably continue through the Summer and into the Fall, and we intend to take a portion of your donations and sponsor another great contest soon.

So I'd like to extend another hearty thanks to our contributors and invite others to donate as well. Novemeber is when things will get crazy around here, and we want to be prepared.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:17 AM   #79
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Again, how can I buy something in the shop without a credit card? I will, I am determined, to send a bit there, but first I think I have to get my wisdome teeth done. I am concidering a garage sale to help out the downs, i just need to get off my butt and do it!!!!!!! It shall be done, one of these days.......!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #80
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Although I am never around as much as I used to be, I do pop in from time to time to see if folk have read my fan fiction (see link in signature) and to unwind a little.

THE BARROW-DOWNS has been a companion of mine for quite a little time now and I am well pleased to read of the support that it is receiving!

I shall certainly resume a meager financial contribution (and perhaps avail myself of the banner advertising campaign, on behalf of THE HOBBITS!), though I can no longer participate as I once did in RPGs, Administration, Articles, Forums, and Chats.

JUST A THOUGHT...
Christmas is coming sooner than you think! If your finances are "challenged" consider that you would like to buy Christmas presents anyway for your friends. ("It came to me on Christmas Day, it did, and it's mine, my own, my Precious!) What better way to buy unique gifts than to gradually purchase one item here and one item there from BARROW TREASURES? Just buy one item at a time and give them all out Christmas (or Hannukah, or Ramadan, or Quanza, etc.)!

(Perhaps to save shipping costs, you can buy the lot on layaway and wheedle the old Barrow Wight to delay shipment so you get all the goodies at one time! That may not be such a hot idea...)