The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2002, 12:17 PM   #161
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I have an update about my own precious. The Burger King Frodo glass I talked about in my post (about 13 back). It's LOST...the precious is no more...I broke it!! WAAHAAHAA!! Sixteen days before Christmas, making it a full year of using it everyday, I was reaching for sugar when I knocked the soy sauce bottle onto my Frodo glass. And it split in two. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I am lost without it. I can't choose which glass to use, cause I stare into the cupboard hoping it will magically appear whole.
Old 12-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #162
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am not really obsessive but ...

I wear my Elven Brooch on my coat and wear it almost everyday.
I have a FOTR movie poster on my wall (the final one from the cover of the theatrical DVD) and I sometimes say hi, or hello to Frodo [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I am always talking about it, to my family and friends, and it always just ends up in my conversations (by mistake, of course [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Me and my sister (who is kind of a fan, but more of an obsessive Orlando Bloom fan) quote lines from the movie, and sometimes practice our English accents [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
She wants to go to England, and get an accent, and date an English guy.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:20 PM   #163
Pipkin Sweetgrass

Sting

My name is Pipkin and I'm a Ringoholic.
I've read the books once a year at least since 1969.
I have a thing for Boromir to the point where, when I met my husband-to-be, the first thing I thought was, "Hey, he could be a Boromir!" Large, strapping, MUSCULAR 17 year old who got transfered to my school. That was 32 years ago and I still adore him. He loves sweets, so I call him Beornomir.
I stand in front of automatic doors and say, "Mellon!".
Online I hang out in Frodo's kitchen with a bunch of other Middle Earthlings. We sometimes actually throw parties for the hobbits.
When my in-laws come, I say, "Crebain from Dunland!" and hide behind the couch.
If I come up on a traffic jam I shout, "You shall not pass!".
My two year old granddaughter can actually do a passable Gollum saying "my precious".
If there's a traffic detour I say, "What new devilry is this?".
While decorating my mother-in-laws house, after a long, tiring half-day, I said to Beornomir, "Not with ten thousand men could you do this thing.".
I have more rings than I can ever, ever wear....and I want MORE!
So no, I'm not obsessed, it's just a passin' fancy.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #164
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

everytime I see a LotR commercial on TV, i spazz and start waving my hands, getting all excited. I ALWAYS find a way to integrate LotR into my conversations. (because of Pippin) i want to move to Scotland and get a Scottish accent. I count down the days to the movies opening starting in October, around my b-day. Whenever something happens, I quote LotR characters. I've seen FotR 13 times, and I talk all through the movie, reciting the lines in the characters' accents. i think thats enuff.
Crebain from Dunland? hahaha thats great! i love that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 02:54 PM   #165
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

So, my topic still lives? Yay!
*clears throat*
When I found a few catalogs from the Container Store, I noticed that they were having a sale on a product called "Elfa". So of course I had to go through both catalogs and either cut or mark out the "a" at the end. So now, the top of all the pages say, "Annual elf sale 30% off!"
I would like to buy 2 elves, please [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #166
laziieye

Sting

When i read, i wear a hooded sweatshirt with my hood on to get the feel of the book. :]
Old 01-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #167
elvenprincess3

Ring

On the obessive things, my brother, his best friend, and I were at the sold out movie theater seeing LOTR and my brother noticed that I was wearing 'THE RING' from his bookmark he got for his birthday. He, his best friend, and I all started fighting over the ring. My brother was like 'give it back, it is mine.' They eventually won and got the ring away from me, but everyone around us was watching us like 'you freaks.' Then my brohter was like, "Don't you love the end when..." the guys in front of us turned around and asked if we were going to shut-up before the movie started. We didn't. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #168
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Lol, you should have called your brother Gollum and told him that if he had the ring, it would only destroy him.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:33 PM   #169
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

LOTR_know-it-all55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LOTR_know-it-all55
Shield

well mine's too lon to type again so go look at it under movies-obsession
Old 01-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #170
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

LOTR_know-it-all55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LOTR_know-it-all55
Sting

Here's mine~ My room is covered in LOTR memorabilia.I call my little brothers Bilbo and Frodo. The latter eats a second breakfast to become more hobbit-like. (A boy after my own heart) I have watched the FOTR almost everyday since it came out on DVD. I read the books (doesn't matter which one) every day. I spend way too much money on LOTR stuff and movie tickets. I have been nicknamed LOTRknow-it-all by classmates and teachers.(thus the screen name)I domnload every single thing I possibly can from the internet. (lordoftherings.net) I can quote the entire FOTR movie and I'm working on TTT. I wear the One Ring on a chain and havent taken it off since Dec 19 2001. Oh well the first step is admitting you have a problem...
Old 01-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #171
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

I'm not obsessed as some, but I swear I might turn hobbit this summer. O, yes precious, I might. I'm gonna try belgian beer. I have the one ring, and I argue with myself sometimes, don't I precious? OoO...it's snowing...hard...NO!!! SARUMAN'S GOT IT IN FOR ME! I SWEAR I'M NOT ON CARADHRAS! AND I'M NOT GONNA DESTROY THE PRECIOUS!! YOU HEAR ME?
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #172
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

Oh, and my hair is always braided in elf fashion, I have and use a shire calendar(made it meself) I have two bookmarks my mom got me from the school she teaches at.
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:18 PM   #173
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

the first really obsessive thing I did happened two days ago.
We had a special party yesterday, so two days ago I tried on my suit and I noticed that it didn't fit well anymore because I have grown a little bit in the middle, as you could say. So i said to myself that I wasn't going to eat anything that day before our party.
In the evening I nearly faded because I was so damn hungry, so my girlfriend gave me some bread with ham. Her cat approached, well-knowing that I had something to eat. My girlfriend said "No Lilly, Thomas has something for you."

The cat looked at me.

I looked at my bread.

The cat looked at my bread.

I looked at the cat. And then I went something like "No! It's mine! MIIIINE! My preciousssss!" My girlfriend just mumbled something like: "Idiot!"
(It was in german so it sounded a little bit cooler : Mein Schaaaaatz)

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:53 PM   #174
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
1420!

I guess Im a bit obsessive. I enjoy quoting whering my brooch and squeeling with joy when I find something to do with LOTR.On hobbit day, ((september 22)) I drew a pic in my history note book of my rp chariter, Stella wering a "I LOVE HOBBITS!" T-shirt and my teacher picked it up an laughed at me but luckly didnt say anything. I also hiss "my preciousssssss" alot.....people stare OH! and when TTT came out I was first in line and got really impatiant and started tapping on the window and jumping around. again I got stared at.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:01 AM   #175
bombur
Wight

bombur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just recently found a piece of fabulous memoraphilia. It is a decorative ring made by a realtive. It is old enough and well made enough to have some value as piece of semi-antique (1943). There is also a great and ideological story linked to it and it can be seen from the decorations on it. So I took to wearing the ring and showing off with it. Every now and then someone to whom I show it, reaches out and says: "let me see."

I suppose you can guess my reply to that: "NOOOO! It'sss our precssssioussss!"

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: bombur ]
bombur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:38 AM   #176
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Where could I start? (though I don't measure up to any of you) I quote LotR a lot, made myself a badge saying "Legolas Rules!", wear my hair in Legolas plaits, want to take up arcery AND swordfighting AND learn elvish and am going to have a LotR themed fancy dress party. Also sometimes when I'm riding I let go of the reins and pretend to shoot orcs, own a wooden sword named Anuril (long story) and have covered my walls with LotR posters. That's all I can think of at the moment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #177
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Shield

Forgive my spelling. that should be Archery and Anduril
Old 01-11-2003, 09:49 AM   #178
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I used to have a LotR door hanger (one of those bits of cardboard with a hole it that you hang on a door handle to tell people if they can come in or not) that I made myself. It had 'You shall not pass!' on one side and Wormtongue's greeting to Gandalf when the four companions come to Edoras on the other.

I call my friend Hobbit because she's pretty short, and I call one of my other friends Mrs Greenleaf because she is a Legolas obsessive! If people admire stuff I have I also like to say, "It's mine...my own...my precious!!!...". Oh, and whenever I'm chatting to my friends on MSN I use 'elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo' for hi and 'Anar caluva tielyanna' when I sign off.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:14 PM   #179
Arestelwen
Animated Skeleton

Arestelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You guys are freeks!!!!!!!
but what can I say I'm one of you!!!!!!!!!!!

-In my classroom we used to have papers on the wall were we wrote what we wanted, so I wrote all over it in the feanorean charaters... nobady understood.
-I talk to myself in quenya when I'm alone or in the street.....
-after a saw the two towers, I was at the mall with my friends. They were behind me, so I turned and started walking queer and saying "thisssssss way, yessssss preciousssssss, fallow me. Gollum, Gollum. Nissssssce hobbitsssss! (people actually stoped walking to stare at me and my friends turnesd aside)
-every time someone wants to see something mine..... well, you can imagine.
-I have a cloak, an elvish dress (still making it) and several similar stuff.......
-I've got lots of rings, but I call one of the "the ring of power". Once I lost it and went histeric til I found it.
-I alway have my hair like an elf (besides, it's very long)
-I read Lotr every day
-My friends at school call me elfa, thatr would be she-elf in spanish.
-I made my own rune with all my initials (5 in total)
-sometimes I say galdelf's spells to see if I can open doors or things like that (never works)
-I actually cried when I couldn't go to the premiere of the film here in my city.
-Trying to find the way to make lembas
-I talk to and about my friends saying they are dwarves, hobbits or elves
-I'm sure there's some kind of gonblin in my room (strge things happen there, so I speak to it in quenya.........

And the list goes on and on...

My mother just stares at me and laughs, thinks I'm crazy..

Why on Middle Earth would she think that??????
Arestelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #180
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmm.... obsessive things. I used to wear one of my rings on a chain round my neck, it's now on my finger, cause it was quite LOTRish. I often say random words/ sentences in Sindain when I'm alone, I'm planning to learn to drive asap and go to the London premier for ROTK, I have a "LOTR wall" covered in pictures, refer to the special extended dvd as my precious....(my friend finally got suspicious and I had to give it to her *wails*)I have managed to find ways to revolve my art/design projects around LOTR and characters, and I have "The One Ring" glass- xmas pressie. That's all I can think of....just now.
BTW, what are the rings from these bookmarks people keep talking about?? I've seen the ring on a stand thing, but never on a bookmark.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #181
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Do your friends know about your obsessions? Cause one of mine knows a litte, but I think they might actually have me committed if they ever found out. My sister already teases me constantly. And my mum thinks it's a bit weird, she now just rolls her eyes whenever LOTR comes up.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:28 PM   #182
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

when i want something all to my self i say the gullom line (is there any point in saying something you all noe? nope. so i wont say the gullom phrase) yah. i do that. a lot. my friends give me funny looks, but they are used to it....but one of my friends likes LotR s too, so we noe wat im taking about....and it comforts me to noe im not alone in this world of mine....
Old 01-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #183
Luinoth,Heir_of_Rohan

Ring

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo boy I get to make a list. Yay!

1.I bought the one ring and whenever my friends try to grab it to look at the engravings i snatch it back and start cursing them and saying:We hatesssssssssssssssssssssssss it........hatesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss it.......
2.I bought the Light and Sound Sting toy thingy and my friend bought the mordor balde one and i went to his house. So i put the ring down to go to the bathroom. I came back and he had picked it up so I started hacking at him with Sting. So he finally picked up his mordor blade and tried blocking. We fought fro about 1 hour till i finally go it from his hand and put it around my neck.
3.I spent like 40.00 bucks on Lord of the Rings life sized stand-ups and placed them all around my bedroom. I especially like the 4 Black Riders I put outside my door. They're in that post that they are when they fight the four hobbits when Frodo get's stabbed where they all have their swords above their faces.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:13 PM   #184
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Trying to find the way to make lembas
Actually, you can find a recipe for lembashere.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:03 AM   #185
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Sting

I've been busy.I've made my own personal LotR website! it's
here in case you're interested.

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Galenfea of Mirkwood. ]
Old 01-12-2003, 01:19 PM   #186
Arestelwen
Animated Skeleton

Arestelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My friends know a little about my crazyness, but I'd be cursed if they found out all
Arestelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:43 AM   #187
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

I just remembered that when I exit windows, I have a short melody and then it says
Come back, to Mordor we will take you.
It sounds pretty cool, a little bit scary [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:51 AM   #188
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm seriously concidering entering the lines of elves and the 3 houses of men on my Family Treemaker software....I don't think my family would understand. Hmmm.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #189
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hm,, i was supposed to see TTT today....my mom changed her mind at the last second [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]!! and i went upstairs and cried for a few minutes. REALLY! And my only LOTR crazed friend is moving away to Calgary and im in Manitoba so Im going to fly out there in december so we can see RotK together....and were going to see it on the day it opens this time....i didnt get to for TTT or FotR...damned school!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I WANT THE ONE RING!!! what are you talking about, these bookmarks? "Bookmarks, Precious? What iss these Bookmarrks, eh Precious?"

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #190
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
On the day that TTT opened I was in school and could not see it, so my crazed friend and I wrote every name from the characters in the movie on the chalk board and called it "therapy". That was fun [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #191
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I call my sister, "the evil that does not sleep" because shekeeps me up late. (Another one for my short list! Yay!)

Wow Pipkin! I only started being a fan last year! Silly me... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway all, wow, we do strange things for stuff we love!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Hirilaelin
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:32 PM   #192
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

HEhe...i do vey obsessive things of LotR.Here are some...
1.I made a file of all the actors and characters
2.I always talk about LotR(hey, Im a gemini! I am alwayz doing that!)
3.I have seen the movies over 100 times
4.I have painted my bedroom dark green and black with my uncle's help all of the characters
4.I have all LotR posters on my walls
5.I have a Legolas background( i am very obsessed with him)
6.i am an Elf.Literally! I have the pointy ears and am tall and everything!

this is all I can think of right now! bye!

[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: luin'loki ]
luin'loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #193
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Sting

you convince evil hp fans to come to lotr (no offense to you hp people) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
and your are a hobbit literaly short darkish kind of curly hair unusually large feet and love mushrooms [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]