The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe BDers of New England

Sorry to start a whole new thread for this, but...

I haven't seen many people from New England here on the Downs, and I was wondering if you could "proclaim yourselves" on this thread...

I, myself, live in Massachusetts, but anywhere in New England would do... just interested. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 07-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Wicked! I was born in New Hampshire...alas for the Old Man of the Mountain... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I now live in the south-east...preparing the way for my Maika!

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Thumbs up

I live on Long Island, NY. I know it's not New England, but it's pretty close. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Long Island ought to count, even if it doesn't. But then, in Boston, they consider Connecticut (my native state) barely within the pale, so to speak. The wandering descendant now resides in Massachusetts, barely 80 miles away from Where It All Began (Plymouth). But GaladrielOTO knows about me.
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:35 AM   #5
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I'm originally from Maine, GOTO, which you know, but I have to commiserate with Cuthalion over the Old Man in the Mountain. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was very sad.

Anyway, I do legally reside in New England, and I do live there during most major holidays [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:36 PM   #6
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Thumbs up

It's nice to hear about so many people that live (relatively) close to me! Hehe. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 04:07 PM   #7
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

I'm from Massachusetts. Alquadae is as well, I know that much. I'm trying to think of some others... There were quite a few that I found last summer, but I can't remember most of their names. Was MAnwe Sulimo one? If not, why does the name stick out in my mind? Ah well...
Old 07-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

I'm from Massachusetts too, Galadriel. But I'm from a small city practically on the border of New Hampshire that has no budget for schools whatsoever. So it's basically Cr@p-ville up here (I hate it, as you may have guessed). But we go to Vermont every summer for two weeks way up near Canada (like twenty minutes from it), and I like it way better up there. Strange part is that I've never been to Canada. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'm originally from Maine, GOTO, which you know, but I have to commiserate with Cuthalion over the Old Man in the Mountain. I was very sad.
Yes, I was too. He was one of my best friends. We only saw each once a year on the way to and from Vermont. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: peonydeepdelver ]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:39 PM   #9
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ooo! I just found this thread, and I'm so glad I did!

I'm from Massachusettes, too. And like peonydeepdelver, I live in a tiny northern town a short drive away from NH. No-one's heard of it, we're like a ghost-town. The population consists mainly of rich snobby...elderly people, so put it polietly [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm not rich, and I'm not elderly, so I don't know what I'm doing here...

*sigh* We probably have seen each other once or twice and don't even know it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I bet some of us even go to the same school... Okay, okay, I'll stop dreaming [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]