The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2003, 05:00 PM   #41
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

At last! A trailer that I was able to download. Thanks FaramirFan and HC. <P>The brief snippets that we get are fantastic - real appetite-whetters. The look on Gandalf's face when Aragorn says, "What does your heart tell you?" is marvellous.<P>Like you, HC, I was pleasantly surprised to see Elrond being the one who brings Anduril to Aragorn. It figures, though. Elrond had to play some part in this film other than simply turning up at the end for the wedding and sitting grumpily in a corner. I see that you have started a separate topic on the subject, so I will reserve my further comments for that.<P>I must say that I am disappointed to hear that Shelob is in the longer trailer. I had hoped that she would be kept under wraps until the realease of the film. It's not clear from the reports just how much we see of her, but it sounds to be much more than I would prefer.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i thought she looked more like a crab than a spider actually... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, that doesn't bode well. I hope that we're not going to have a repeat of the Warg fiasco here ...
Old 09-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #42
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Get it while it lasts!<P>The entire trailer is now at OneRing.<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/" TARGET=_blank>Link</A><P>It's a long download and it's very busy, so patience is required.<P>You get just a glimps of Shelob as she leaps from behind a corner at Frodo. All I see is a mess of hairy legs.<P>The other thing that struck me was dark the battle scenes were. I guess we are going to get the dawnless day.<P>It is very cool.<P>H.C.<P>Editted to add: There are a few shots of Eowyn as Dernhelm and it struck me as to how obvious that it was Eowyn. It seems PJ will not be hiding Eowyn from the audience, though I'm sure Theoden and company won't know it is her. I wonder when in the film Merry will realize who she is with? There's a line were she says to Merry, "What ever happens, stay with me." It is obviously her voice.<P>Which brings me to the likely reason PJ won't be hiding her. I don't think there is a way to disguise her so well (both apperance and voice) that even the most inattentive member of the audience won't be able to figure out who it is. Probably best to drop the deception.<P>H.C.<p>[ September 26, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 09-26-2003, 07:14 PM   #43
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I suppose that rumor about Elrond coming to Aragorn with Anduril is true, then. At least they have the sword reforged. Shelob seems awfully small and her legs are quite chubby. Elrond is keeping up with his odd forbiddance of Arwen + Aragorn. We have Oliphaunts!!! Most interesting Trailer. I liked my TV spot better. It said good things. This gives a more balanced view.<P>Iarwain
Old 09-26-2003, 07:55 PM   #44
Calenedheliel1
Pile O'Bones

Calenedheliel1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just saw the trailer today and am in total awe of PJ. I really think this movie is going to be his greatest. I can't wait for it to come out.
Calenedheliel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:37 PM   #45
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Oh my gosh! I just watched the version they have on TORn!!! Oh my gosh!<BR>It's just so wonderful...<BR>I really can't wait to actually see it in the theatre tomorrow night (I'll probably cry!)! I can't believe I'm getting so excited over the trailer, what will I do when it actually comes time for the movie?
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 02:48 AM   #46
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Has everyone been able to download the one on TheOneRing? Because I have tried a few times and have not been able to get it to work. Though I don't think I have been giving it enough time. About how long on average has it been taking?<BR>Right now I am at a sleepover obviously taking a break from the whole social part of it. I really, really, really want to see that trailer <P>EDIT: Ok, I finally got to see it. I thought it absolutely rocked. But I have to know one thing, where in the heck did that one part with Galadriel and Frodo come from? Is it from some kind of dream that he has. Other than that, all the other scenes look really cool. I'm going to go watch it again.<p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 09-27-2003, 05:14 AM   #47
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OH...MY...GOD!!!!<P>I just saw the trailer on OneRing, and yeah it has taken me about 45 minutes to be able to see it but hey.<P>I agree, Shelob is just way too small. She only seems to about as tall as Frodo!!! What is going on here? But the armies looked wonderful...and Éowyn appeared to have given herself a foreign accent as a disguise, I don't know why you people thought she had none....<P>EDIT: Hmmm, I've just realised, that among other things, such as no palantír, Faramir is nowhere to be seen...<p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 09-27-2003, 07:46 AM   #48
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> where in the heck did that one part with Galadriel and Frodo come from? Is it from some kind of dream that he has. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It seems a dream sequence to me. A spot I was thinking it might fit well is when Frodo is being held at the top of Cirith Ungol. An image of hope in his darkest hour.<P>As for Shelob, I don't see how you can judge from this brief image. The shot is heavily in perspective, with Frodo well in the forground, so it is hard to determine size, and I don't think you even see all of her.<P>H.C.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #49
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Faramir is nowhere to be seen...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is one shot, he's all in armor and charging on a horse. It's just after Legolas bellowing.<P>And the shots of the Fell Beasties barreling into some riders might include him.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #50
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Well actually the reason that I was so surprised about the scene with Galadriel and Frodo, is that I didn't really expect anything like that. Though it looks like in the film it is going to be a really cool scene.<P>I loved everything they showed. It is really cool. I love that it seems to have a different color palette than the first two movies. Really dark with very vivrant shots of bright color. Aragorn has a really powerful look (maybe that is because he is almost king), and that white room that is in Minas Tirith looks really amazing. Additionally I thought that scene of Gandalf walking through the the distroyed field of battle is really striking. And of course there is nothing you can say about the really last scene and the expression of Sam
Old 09-27-2003, 01:24 PM   #51
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Oh... my...<P>*wipes away tears* It takes alot for me to cry during a movie. This got me going, and it's only the trailer. I think it's safe to say that we can now put our worries aside; the upcoming movie is going to be wonderful... absolutely wonderful...
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #52
Calliope and Linus S. Underhill.
Pile O'Bones

Calliope and Linus S. Underhill. has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Pleeeeease don't ruin frodo in this movie pleeeease don't ruin sm in the movie.... *keeps beggings for a while*<P>Anyway... well... that was my only important comment <P>Since the One Ring had to take it off till monday I downloaded a chinese version off of kazaa. It's still in English though. I liked this trailer because it didn't have alot of arwen!!! Not that I hate Arwen or anything, but less arwen, more frodo is good for me. I just hope PJ can salvage Frodo and Sam's adorable little personalities in the ROTK, I was very disappointed with them in the Fellowship.<P>The trailer was pretty cool, I can't praise it's awesomeness as I have a huge crush on the book Frodo and the whole thing needs to be able himm before I'm satisfied Shelob was okay, but the sound she made was wierd and she wasn't big enough for me. Maybe it's just the angle.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:43 PM   #53
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Since the One Ring had to take it off till monday I downloaded a chinese version off of kazaa. It's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It sounds like the same trailer that was on OneRing anyway.<P>H.C.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:17 PM   #54
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

I went and saw the trailer today!! It was wonderful! Oh, how am I <I>ever</I> going to wait for Decemeber 17?? Seeing the trailer on the big screen was awesome! Oooh, I can't wait!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:30 PM   #55
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

This is a transcript for those that are having trouble seeing the trailer.<P>Shot of a night scene of the glow of Mordor as seen from a tower of Minas Tirith.<P>Shot of Legolas and Aragorn.<P>Legolas: The eye of the Enemy is moving.<P>Flash shots of The Ring; Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in a forest; and Gandalf.<P>Shot of Nazguls sweeping down towards Minas Tirith.<P>Shot of Frodo approaching a cave.<P>Elrond(?) (voice-over): The end has come.<P>Shot of Aragorn and Gandalf.<P>Aragorn: Each day Frodo moves closer to Mordor.<P>Shot of a hobbit foot climbing a steep stair.<P>Gandalf: How do we know Frodo is alive?<P>Aragorn: What does your heart tell you?<P>Gandalf smiles slightly.<P>Shot of Frodo and Sam climbing with Minas Morgul glowing below them.<P>Gollum (at the top): Come, master.<P>Shot of the Ring around Frodo’s neck.<P>Gollum: Come to Smeagol.<P>Shot of Gandalf on Shadowfax, atop a wall of Minas Tirith overlooking the forces of Mordor.<P>Elrond (voice-over): This is your test. Every path you have trod through wilderness, through war, has led to this road.<P>Quick shots during the voice-over of morose Arwen on horseback, weary Frodo and Sam, Merry knelling before Theoden at Edoras, Legolas taking aim during battle, torch wielding Aragorn on the Paths of the Dead, and close-up of uncertain looking Frodo.<P>Elrond (voice-over): The Enemy will never let Aragorn come to the throne of Gondor.<P>Quick shots of Arwen on a bridge at Rivendell and a hooded figure approaching the Shards of Narsil.<P>Arwen: It is time.<P>Shots of Narsil being reforged followed by close-up of Arwen and then the reforged sword being given to Aragorn by Elrond.<P>Arwen (voice-over): Give him the sword of the King.<P>Aragorn draws the sword.<P>Elrond: Become who you were born to be.<P>Shot of Gollum by a pool.<P>Gollum: The precious will be ours.<P>Shot of Sam and Frodo.<P>Sam: He means to murder us!<P>Gollum: Never!<P>Frodo: I’m not sending him away! Come, Smeagol.<P>Frodo leads Gollum away and Gollum shoots an evil smile at Sam.<P>Shot of a beacon of green light being shot up from Minas Morgul. Shaking camera on Frodo and Sam watching.<P>Gandalf (voice-over): The board is set. <P>Shot of Nazgul coming flying out of Minas Morgul.<P>Gandalf: The pieces are moving.<P>Shot Nazgul sweeping down on charging calvary in front of Minas Tirith.<P>Legolas: He is here.<P>Shots of The Eye, charging soldiers, Gandalf and Pippin atop a wall at Minas Tirith looking towards Mordor, Aragorn entering the Paths of the Dead, Frodo running through tunnels with Galadriel’s phial as Shelob leaps into the tunnel from behind.<P>Shots of Minas Tirith at night, troops mustering and Aragorn looking at Eowyn.<P>Aragorn (voice-over): I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.<P>THIS DECEMBER<P>Shots of Gandalf approaching the citadel, Theoden looking grim and Eomer weeping over what looks like Eowyn.<P>Aragorn (voice-over): A day may come when the courage of men fails …<P>THE JOURNEY ENDS<P>Shot of Galadriel reaching down to a bewildered Frodo in a brightly lit forest.<P>Aragorn (voice-over): … and we forsake our friends and break all bounds of fellowship, but it is not this day.<P>Eowyn in armour with Merry in front of her on horseback.<P>Eowyn: Whatever happens, stay with me.<P>Shots of a massive amount of calvary, Aragorn in front of his troops.<P>Aragorn: This day we fight!<P>Shots of Eowyn in armour raising a battle cry, massive amounts of troops, Aragorn raising his sword in front of his army.<P>THERE CAN BE NO TRIUMPH<BR>WITHOUT LOSS<P>Shots of Gandalf walking through the aftermath of battle, Legolas with troops, Aragorn leading his army, Theoden embracing Eowyn, and Gandalf with staff aglow charging into battle.<P>Gandalf (voice-over): All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you.<P>Merry looking at a fretful Pippin.<P>Merry: We will see The Shire again.<P>NO VICTORY<BR>WITHOUT SUFFERING<P>Shots of Arwen lying on a bed with autumn leaves blowing around and calvary entering the gates of Minas Tirith.<BR>Elrond (voice-over): You gave away your life’s grace.<P>Shot of Elrond walking away from Arwen on a bridge.<P>Elrond: I cannot protect you anymore.<P>Shot of sad Arwen.<P>NO FREEDOM<BR>WITHOUT SACRIFICE<P>Eomer, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli in the throne room of Minas Tirith.<P>Eomer: We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms.<P>Shot of charging calvary, roaring oliphant, and then Legolas I think riding the trunk.<P>Aragorn: Not for ourselves, but we can give Frodo a chance.<P>Very quick shots of Aragorn charging, Nazgul swooping on calvary, Arwen hugging Elrond, Gandalf fighting, Eowyn removing her helmet, Gollum turning, Legolas charging, soldiers charging, oliphant’s foot coming down, Gandalf approaching Minas Tirith, Frodo clutching his throat, Aragorn looking defeated, and then a fiery lit Sam.<P>Sam: Nooooo!<P>LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING<P>H.C.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:45 PM   #56
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It wouldnt be hard to hide one woman (in armour) in an army of... (6000?) cavalry, especially when they need to ride at great speed, although it does diverse from the book as Dernhelm was supposed to a knight of Theoden. <P>The trailer was magnificant, I mean Gandalf charging towards the Witch King with his staff radiating power was just beautiful.. although why does Minas Morgul have cracks with green steam pouring out? I always imaged Minas Morgul as desolate with fire rather than... green.<P>Does anyone think that Theoden will meet the wildmen in the 'ride of Rohan.' Personally, I doubt it.. but its not that great a loss.
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:03 AM   #57
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Well remember in FOTR, when the Ringwraiths rode out of Mordor, and out of that building (was it Minas Morgul?) it was green. So maybe Peter Jackson is just continuing a theme.<P>Oh and thanks H.C. for the transcript <BR>I am getting emotional just reading it <P>Too bad TheOneRing had to remove the tralier. Oh, well, will get to see it soon enough.<p>[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 09-28-2003, 08:03 AM   #58
bloomingmushroom

Silmaril

**may have spoilers**<BR>I went to Secondhand Lions yesterday to see the preview and it was great!!! You do see Shelob's legs for a second or too, but nothing more after that. You see Eowyn as Dernhelm, and Merry bowing down to Theoden.You also see Aragorn going through the Paths of the Dead. It looks incredible!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:14 AM   #59
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in a forest<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*squints* looks like the Paths of the Dead to me. <P>Anyway, great transcript!
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #60
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

Saw it in the theatre before 2nd Hand Lions... Yes.. I cried... so sue me <BR>It was worth the nine dollars to see the trailer on the big screen, though take my advice and don't stick around for Secondhand Lions, I did.... it was atrocious. I have never walked out of a movie in my life before last night, everyone in the theatre hated me becasue I couldn't stop laughing <BR>I have to go download the trailer now so I can make sure I didn't miss anything in my complete awe of it...<p>[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: Cinderella ]
Old 09-28-2003, 08:27 AM   #61
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cheese...I wonder how long it took to put together that transcript? I was a fast moving trailer, after all...<P>Ah yes, I was wondering about green as the choice of colour for Mordor...I had expected it to be fire too. Maybe it's green fire? Like when you burn one of those salts...that has a metal from the transition metals or something...I can't remember my chemistry. Oh well...
Old 09-28-2003, 09:51 PM   #62
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

As to the green glow, I think that it might be Morgul-magic.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>There came a great red flash...it leapt into the sky and splashed the lowering clouds with crimson. ...<BR>And Minas Morgul answered. There was a flare of livid lightnings: forks of blue flame springing up from the tower...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that's the green pillar, and as to the green stuff below the hobbits as they are climbing the winding stair:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Down in its depths glimmered like a glow-worm thread the wraith-road from the dead city to the Nameless Pass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Although it does look very like light coming from fissures.<P>A couple of things I've noticed:<BR>at about 35 seconds in, there's a shot of Legolas, and behind him is a blue banner. Is it of Dol Amroth? I had heard Imrahil was not appearing.<P>And a second or two after that, there's a shot of Aragorn with drawn sword, and what looks like a white bat or cloth passes in front of him. Is it one of the dead?<P>A minute thirty-eight in, Galadriel is offering her hand to Frodo-is that <I>cobwebs</I> on his cloak??<P>About 2:11, Gimli is sitting in the Steward's chair. How disrespectful. Denethor must've insulted Gimli to his face.<BR>"I would burn off your beard, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground."<P>And does anyone know who is reforging Narsil? I've heard that it could be Arwen, or Figwit. (!?!?) It's definitely not Elrond.<P>And Arwen lying on a bed: some have said that it's Luthien not Arwen, and I agree it does look like a *very* ill ill Liv, but would it could it be a flashback to Celebrian? Surely questions have been raised about Elrond's wife?<P>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]<p>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #63
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I am getting emotional just reading it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>hmm... sounds like me And I did cry while watching the preview in theatres Saturday. <BR>I think that person lying on the bed must be Arwen. The dress she's wearing is a dress you see Arwen wearing in a lot of pictures, and it's the dress she's wearing in the quick shot in the trailer where she starts to hug Elrond.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:59 AM   #64
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

About Shelob.<P>Take a look at this still from the trailer. Is it just me or is what we are seeing only the head?<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_081.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Shelob From Trailer</A><P>H.C.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:29 PM   #65
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Take a look at this still from the trailer. Is it just me or is what we are seeing only the head? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, spiders aren't much more than legs, a head, and an abodomen... Yeah though, it only looks like her head and front legs. I really thought she would be darker in color than that though...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #66
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

At last! I have eventually managed to download the trailer - only about 2 days behind everyone else. <P>I've had to sit impatiently at work all day because the darned system there doesn't have Quicktime. Then I had to sit patiently at home while I downloaded the latest version of Quicktime. And then I had to sit impatiently for 2 hours while the trailer itself downloaded. 2 hours! I really must get Broadband. <P>Still, it was certainly worth the wait. I managed to get the official version of the trailer and download a rather more blurred version to my memory. Alas, I will have to give up the higher resolution version when I log-off tonight. <P>It's the little details that I liked. For example, Sauron's army pouring out of Minas Morgul in the background as Frodo climbs to the pass of Cirith Ungol. And the spikes on the Oliphaunt's tusks. The Nazgul swooping on (what I assume to be) Faramir's men is amazing, as is the shot of Gandalf presumably riding out to aid them. Well, as other have said, it all looks pretty amazing really.<P>Which brings me to Shelob. Even though the glimpse was brief, I am still disappointed that we have seen so much of her before the film's release. (Of course, I could have turned away, but that would have taken far too much will-power. )<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Take a look at this still from the trailer. Is it just me or is what we are seeing only the head? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>From the higher resolution version of the trailer, it looks like we see her head and legs, with her vast dark abdomen trailing behind her. Which is as it should be. It is difficult to tell, but I don't think that I am going to be disappointed. She certainly looks big enough. <P>A few concerns though. She looks only to have two eyes, and a mouth with teeth rather than fangs, which is not how I imagined her. But, it's difficult to tell for sure - even going through frame by frame. And why is she chasing Frodo when he is holding up the Phial of Galadriel? I would have thought that it would repel her.<P>Oh well, small quibbles. From the trailer, it certainly looks like it's going to be an epic.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #67
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I agree that it looks like only half of Shelob, and even if it is all of her, I don't think it is too small. Shelob can't be too big, she has to be killed by Sam.<P>Now that I have got myself to the subject of Sam, what do you think of that yell at the end? I think it is inside Mount Doom, but why is he yelling? Does this confirm the rumour that Frodo falls into Mount Doom? I certainly hope not.<P>The palantir is in RotK, I saw a picture of Aragorn holding a bundle just the right size and shape to be a wrapped-up palantir.<P>I absolutely <I>loved</I> the scene with the diving Nazgul. It looks so cool! And also the scene where Aragorn gets Anduril. And-...well, I loved the whole thing.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #68
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Not that I think there is anyone left, but in case some still think Shelob is too small click <A HREF="http://elflady.com/legolasgreenleaf/rotk/misc/images/vc_008.jpg" TARGET=_blank>here</A>. That's Sam <B>under</B> Shelob.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Does this confirm the rumour that Frodo falls into Mount Doom? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry, but that's utter nonsense. There is not indication of this happening. You should stop listening to people that are making stuff up and guessing.<P>I would suspect Sam is yelling because of Frodo's claiming of the Ring and not throwing it in.<P>H.C.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:31 PM   #69
Eowyn:Lady of Rohan
Pile O'Bones

Eowyn:Lady of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I am really excited to see ROTK. I really believe it will be awesome to see Sam wound Shelob with Sting and the gift of Galadriel. What I am really looking forward to is to see Eowyn kick butt on the Witch King.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:42 PM   #70
Kyle

Sting

I have seen it more then once, and it is just great!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #71
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ya'll, if you have quicktime then you can downloadthe trailer from <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>www.lordoftherings.net</A> they do show Shelob but you can only tell what is it if you have read the books. The trailer is awesome!!! See it if you can.