The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #641
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lately, as in toDay.

What are you talking about Kent?

How did they change relatively fast?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #642
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think you are being just a tad overly paranoid here Kent.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #643
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm going to have to agree, Kent. You seem to keep bringing yourself up, and bringing up how necessary it is for you to have to defend yourself. To tell the truth, now I'm starting to wonder about you.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #644
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf

Whee, got one last chance to post.

But bloody hell, this village has been rather silent. I guess this is what comes after the death of Nogrod . . .

I dunno why I got this sudden feeling of some blokes smirking after being repeatedly put into people's innocent list. For example, in my game (WW XIX), an evil Form, until realising he was doomed by the double-lynch, was on everyone's innocent list. He can make himself look innocent if he wants.

Nobody's suspecting Shasta much, too, but I guess it's because of lack of material.

I know, it's unreasonable to suspect everyone, but, as demonstrated by the previous two NIGHT kills before last NIGHT, the Three seem to have been relatively unconcerned by the DAY's discussion, killing people who could have easily been lynched the next DAY instead! We need to push everyone, start pointing out little things and hope, somehow, that those with guilty consciences would slip something. It has happened a lot before, after all.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 04-19-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: this what comes -> this *is* what comes
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #645
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I'm going to have to agree, Kent. You seem to keep bringing yourself up, and bringing up how necessary it is for you to have to defend yourself. To tell the truth, now I'm starting to wonder about you.
-Shasta
With all due respect it's easy to say someone is being overtly defensive when the person saying that has had an easy skate most of the game.

And the fact is before today four people announced vague suspicions about me, with Brinn being the cobbler, I believe I have sufficient enough reason to think not all of the other three are innocently misguided

Quote:
How did they change relatively fast?
-Isabellyka
You referenced yesterday how you had no reason to suspect with one exception, and then an hour after I vote for Nilp that changed - I call that relatively fast.

I am not quite sure why you and Shasta seem so surprised either. I have been very defensive since the start (slightly paranoid too as you can see from Day 2). Several people since Day 1 said I was defensive, I might have become more intense, but that's because we are winding down and on the verge of slaughter. It smells weird to start suspecting me because I've been defensive now.

Quote:
I know, it's unreasonable to suspect everyone, but, as demonstrated by the previous two NIGHT kills before last NIGHT, the Three seem to have been relatively unconcerned by the DAY's discussion, killing people who could have easily been lynched the next DAY instead! We need to push everyone, start pointing out little things and hope, somehow, that those with guilty consciences would slip something. It has happened a lot before, after all.
-Nilp
Now if this isn't an evil attempt to white wash the Brinn kill than I don't know what is. She was obviously killed because she falsely claimed to be Finrod, and the baddies bought it. Now maybe you could say, well if Brinn wasn't killed the real Finrod would have stepped out and Brinn would have been lynched. But come on, she claims to be Finrod the baddies have to attack because Finrod can kill one of them with a successful protection, and add on top of that Finrod can't defend himself. Brinn was killed because they fell for her fake Finrod reveal. To try and sweep it under the rug as if they were going for easy lynch targets is fishy...especially since I have said earlier today that I believe I am an easy lynch target.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #646
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
ToDay has been really really silent. I don't know what to think of it.

Anyway:
Fea (6): Has been oddly silent recently. Pretty much almost all the time. I’m not sure what to think of this silence, but it’s worrying me. I wish there was more that I could say about her. I’m really not liking her silence though.

Form (7): Has almost the same silence as Fea with a slightly more talking during previous Days. His silence is getting to be suspicious too.

Greenie (10): She still seems innocent to me.

Gwath (10): Honestly no idea about him at all.

Izzy (8): Same as Gwath no idea.

Kent (4): His constant need to defend himself is sending off alarm bells in my head. I don’t like it at all. He’s also attacking really only those who suspect him. He is sounding like a really paranoid wolf.

Nilp (7): I honestly thought he might have been the cobbler earlier but he apparently isn’t. Which makes me now think that he is probably innocent.

Sally (10): Seems pretty innocent to me.

Shasta (10): His few sentence pop ins are sounding not right to me. I don’t like it, seems like he could be playing a safe wolf.

I really don't like Kent is sounding toDay and how he sounded before. He seems way too defensive and I don't like the way he figured out his suspicions.

++Kent (2)
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #647
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh good, I'm not completely crazy then.

(A note that this post was started after Shasta's #643, then I picked it back up after the Downs de-hiccuped.)

So as far as I can see Kent's really only suspicious of the people who are suspicious of him, and added a couple more people to the list just to hide that fact. He's been overly defensive and paranoid, thinking apparently that everyone who's after him is a wolf. I rather think it's the other way around, and though I'll feel bad if he's innocent I have too strong a vibe from him to let him get away any longer.

++Kent

I'll probably add in some bonus votes, but for right now (as in at this moment, not toDay) I want to save them and add them in if necessary, because I'm under the weather and am pretty sure that if I do have to retract for some reason I'll forget to take off my bonus too and I'll be in a pickle. Anyway, that's all from me for right now. Sorry I haven't been present, but hopefully the little I am doing will be enough to help the village lynch a baddie toDay. Enjoy~!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #648
Kent2010
Wight

If I get lynched today it's over, whether Luthien and/or Finrod survive it's over. The remaining wolves can combine their bonus to override any vote. Mark my words, if I go out it's over the next day.

Lariren you may not like the way I come up with my suspicions, but that's the way I'm doing it. So you can either put up with it or vote me out, if you choose the latter I repeat what I said above.

Heaven forbid someone actually trying today. I hope yall have unit plans or something similar you are busy with because participation today is a joke.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #649
Kent2010
Wight

Sally and I never said once today (or anytime) that everyone who suspects me is a baddie, to say that is a blatant misrepresentation of my words.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #650
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Who is having an easy skate of the game Kent?
Perhaps you should make it uneasy for them.

I'm not surprised by your defensiveness.. I guess I was/am merely trying to say in a polite way... that it is getting old.

When did I say I was suspecting you?

'tis a weird day in Werewolf land when the top three living posters are Kent, Izzy, and Gwath.

Sally will 98% probability be getting my vote for toDay.
Jumping on an easy lynch.
Lari would probably get it, if I weren't most likely be voting for Sally.

X'd withKent.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #651
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Believe me, Kent, even if the three baddies are Greenie, Gwath, and Shasta (the other people besides myself who still have all 10 bonus votes) the others will still outweigh them, so we (the innocents, that is) still have more power at the moment. That's another reason I'm a bit hesitant to use my bonus votes, becuase the baddies could conceivably be doing the same thing, only obviously with darker motives. I said at the beginning of the game that I find people who horde their bonus votes suspicious, and this is true in a way, but more those that have call to use them and don't, unlike those who can accomplish their purposes and still save their bonus for the final few Days to combat whatever baddies are left. Don't be mistaken, though, and think that I won't use my votes if I feel it's necessary, because as long as there's more votes spread out between the rest of the group than there are in the top three vote holders we're still safe.

Incidentally I'd like to apologize for my whole cracked out Firefoot being killed by Vamp Girl theory. I didn't notice that the death list included the deceaseds' bonus votes so I thought my theory plausible, until last Night when I read the narration and realized she still had all of hers. Again, sorry about that.

EDIT: x'd with Kent and Izzy
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #652
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Ah, but you implied it, and you continue to bring up the point. That's my main problem.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #653
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There is this person, whom I think would fit quite well into werewolf.

Here are a couple of quotes.

"People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent."

Well, a quote. The second one fits perfectly, but I can't find a suitable word to make it all around forum appropriate. xD
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #654
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I wouldn't call Kent an easy lynch, exactly, Izzy. I'd more call it... a pattern of behavior that we can focus on now that there aren't more pressing issues? Am I making sense? I just had some alcohol (we are in a bar, after all!), so I'm trying to be coherent.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #655
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
I'm not surprised by your defensiveness.. I guess I was/am merely trying to say in a polite way... that it is getting old.
-Isabellyka
I am naturally combative and on guard, that's who I am, so if it's old I am sorry. But get used to it or get rid of me, the 1st option you might grit your teeth, but there's a better chance of winning. The latter option there is no chance - ok I should say a 99.9% failure.

Quote:
Ah, but you implied it, and you continue to bring up the point. That's my main problem.
-Sally
I keep bringing it up because everyone keeps repeating it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #656
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Who is having an easy skate of the game Kent?
Perhaps you should make it uneasy for them.

When did I say I was suspecting you?

'tis a weird day in Werewolf land when the top three living posters are Kent, Izzy, and Gwath.

Sally will 98% probability be getting my vote for toDay.
Jumping on an easy lynch.
Lari would probably get it, if I weren't most likely be voting for Sally.

X'd withKent.

Sorry random question. The bit that's bolded, right? Are you saying that you're going to jump on an easy lynch or that I did jump on an easy lynch? Sorry, I'm tired and easily confuzzled right now. Thanks in advance for clarifying!

EDIT: x'd with Izzy, Shasta, and Kent. And never mind, I get it. Response to follow in another post.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #657
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kent is an easy and convenient lynch choice.

He is new.
He is defensive.
It is overtly apparent.

What about that is not easy?

X'd with Sally and Kent
Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #658
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Do you see me voting for you Kent?
Have I voiced anywhere that I wanted to lynch you?
Just because something is "annoying" or "getting old" does not mean it should be a lynchable quality - unless of course there is undeniable proof that said person is a wolf or Vampire.

I was referring to you jumping on an easy lynch, Sally.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #659
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
That is not 100% accurate, just yesterday I went after Formendacil and he has remained relatively supportive of me through out. In fact, I went after him pretty good, but his posts at the end of the day relieved my doubts.
I wouldn't take his support of you despite your suspicion of him as a reliable sign of innocence. That is common wolf behavior.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #660
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why are you so certain we will fail if you are lynched toDay?

X'd with Gwath.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #661
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Sally

I kind of meant to do this yesterday, though I'd much prefer not to specify why...
Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #662
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Izzy, I've been after Kent most of the game, so while you can accuse me of going for an easy lynch you can not say that I'm jumping onto it. Just sayin'.

Blah, the smell of alcohol and everything in this silly pub is making me ill. Perhaps it would be best that you all lynch me, because then at least I know I won't be killed by Vamp Girl at Night and have the possibility of vote suckage.

EDIT: x'd with Fea. Oh lovely.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #663
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Kent, everyone keeps repeating it because you keep bringing it up. That's a circular argument.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #664
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Kent, everyone keeps repeating it because you keep bringing it up. That's a circular argument.
Thank you! It's like "does no one see the big gaping holes in the logic of Kent's plan?" *hugs Shasta and hopes he's not a nassssty wolf*
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #665
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
Why are you so certain we will fail if you are lynched toDay?
-Isabellyka
Because the score will be 5-3, or if Finrod has a successful protection 4-2. All it takes is one more day.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #666
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Blah, the smell of alcohol and everything in this silly pub is making me ill. Perhaps it would be best that you all lynch me, because then at least I know I won't be killed by Vamp Girl at Night and have the possibility of vote suckage.
I don't like it when people dare me to vote them. It's always looks like reverse psychology, and it always has the effect of making me want to vote them.

But this really does look like an attempt at reverse psychology, sally.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #667
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
-Shasta
I'm sorry I always have a need to get in the last word, but if it helps I'm done. And I want to tell you all to pay attention to the white washing of the Brinn kill that Nilp did, in trying to suggest she was killed because she would have been an easy lynch.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #668
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I don't like it when people dare me to vote them. It's always looks like reverse psychology, and it always has the effect of making me want to vote them.

But this really does look like an attempt at reverse psychology, sally.
Meh, make of it whatever you want at this point. I don't want to die, but it's one of those "I'd rather be mis-lynched than be killed at Night and give the baddies my bonus votes". Just stating a fact. Basically if you vote me I won't be offended, but I'm certainly not asking you to do so.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #669
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I thought the score was currently 7-3.

X'd with Gwath, Kent, Sally
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #670
Kent2010
Wight

This is repeating as the Kuru and my situation a couple days ago, and we have to stop the high emotions right immediately it only benefits the baddies.

Let's step back and please everyone look and respond to what Nilp said about Brinn's death, and why Firefoot was killed for that matter.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #671
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I think you are being just a tad overly paranoid here Kent.
I agree that Kent does seem paranoid, and I hate to go meta-game on us here, but that might be a result of it being his first game. It took me four or five games before I ceased to be paranoid all the time when I was in a game.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #672
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Because the score will be 5-3, or if Finrod has a successful protection 4-2. All it takes is one more day.

Incidentally, your numbers are off. It's currently 7-3 toDay, and will be either 6-3 or 7-2 toNight. I really hope that was an honest mistake.

EDIT: x'd with Gwath, who does have a point, but I don't want to give a wolf a free pass because of newbie status
Old 04-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #673
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Kent is saying that if we kill him and he's innocent, the wolves will either kill an innocent at night or be revenge-killed by Finrod at night. If the wolves kill an innocent, it would end up being 5 - 3; if Finrod suicide-kills a wolf, it would end up being 5 - 2.

X'd with Kent, Gwath, Sally.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #674
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
If I go it's 6-3, with a kill it's 5-3. But I actually counted wrong a successful Finrod protection, if Finrod protects, he dies so does a baddie, which makes it 5-2. Unless that baddie is Thuringwethil.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #675
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Look -

It's 7-3 now.

If we lynch an innocent, that drops to 6 - 3.

The wolves kill an innocent.

The score drops to 5-3.

Or:

The wolves attack someone Finrod was protecting. Finrod kills a wolf, but dies in the process.

The score drops to 5 - 2.

Edit: X'd with Kent
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #676
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

The more I look at it, the less I like this suspicion of Kent. Izzy remarks that Kent seems paranoid, Shasta builds upon that and says he's starting to wonder about Kent, and then Lari actually votes for him. My question is, which one is the wolf? The one who is trying to encourage suspicion of Kent or the one who is taking advantage of already present suspicion to try to get him lynched?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #677
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
I kind of meant to do this yesterday, though I'd much prefer not to specify why...
-Fea
But you would specify if you were asked?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #678
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
The one who is trying to encourage suspicion of Kent or the one who is taking advantage of already present suspicion to try to get him lynched?
-Gwath
You reap what you sow, just as I said Kuru put himself in the situation he did, I've blindly done it to myself. Looking at the bonus votes, and seeing the stir up, I am burnt out and more of a hindrance. Plus, I have a unit plan and microteaching assignments this week, so I am really going to be burnt out. It might be best to take me out, because I am innocent, but I think Sally is the wrong person too, and she would be more valuable to have around as an innocent than me.

(This isn't reverse psychology to save me, I swear it, I am literally burnt out from fighting tooth and nail)
Old 04-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #679
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Izzy, I've been after Kent most of the game, so while you can accuse me of going for an easy lynch you can not say that I'm jumping onto it. Just sayin'.

EDIT: x'd with Fea. Oh lovely.
Would you agree that 'most of', is at least more than half?

Day 1 - nada word about Kent. Vote for Nienna
Day 2 - nada word about Kent. Didn't vote
Day 3 - #467 is I believe your first mention in regards to Kent.

#469 - you say "concerned by the fact that Kent was after Kuru for perhaps being the cobbler and didn't seem to be bothered much by everyone else. Maybe I'm just paranoid or something."

#490 - you vote for Kent. With the preceding stated reason of "Okay, I know this is a bit silly but I'm going with my gut." Stating this after the vote; " Again, this is hopefully just a placeholder vote until I get back, but I'm actually getting some vibes from Kent and they're not so shiny."

#496 - says
Quote:
Kent still makes me uneasy, just in general. I don't know what exactly it is, but a lot of the things he's said have made me uneasy and while I don't want to kill him just to find out what he is I'm not going to complain if he ends up dead at the end of the Day, because I keep smelling a Kent....erm, rat.
Day 4 -
#647 (you can even scroll up this same page to see this post).

You vote for Kent.
Quote:
So as far as I can see Kent's really only suspicious of the people who are suspicious of him, and added a couple more people to the list just to hide that fact. He's been overly defensive and paranoid, thinking apparently that everyone who's after him is a wolf. I rather think it's the other way around, and though I'll feel bad if he's innocent I have too strong a vibe from him to let him get away any longer.

I may be mistaken, but you mind pointing out where you 'went after Kent for most of the game'?
The majority of your "suspicions" against Kent came from Day 3. Which they were mostly vague mentions. I don't think you thoroughly analyzed him, or even "went after" him a single time.

So yes, I think if I say that you jumped on an easy lynch - it is completely valid, and supported by your lack of actually going after him.

X'd with Gwath and Kent x2.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #680
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tooth and nail, Kent?

Maybe you mean.. claw and fang? xD